What habit do you have when you laugh?

Guest kassieisawalrus

Guest tratout.me

I cover my mouth, sometimes close my eyes.

Usually I brush the arm or pat the back of the person who told the joke.

Sometimes I clap my hands, too.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kassieisawalrus

Recently I had a small habit.

For some reason I was trying to keep a straight face so I lowered my head and laughed when I could. xD

So I'm pretty sure it looked like I was choking to other people. :D

So I guess another habit is that I lower my head?

@kassieisawalrus

That's being considerate. People in a few of my high school classes had the best ways to hide their laughter. But I'm assuming the person was acting foolish and you didn't want to laugh right in their face. 

Guest kassieisawalrus

Hahaha, orangeman.

Actually, I think they did something funny wanting me to laugh.

But I wanted to look as if I was being mean, odd, so I tried to stay serious.

I guess it didn't work. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Omgg.. my friends always say this..

whenever i laugh they call it the "Flap Flap laugh" XD i always tend to flap my hand in front of my mouth and sometimes When i laugh my face turns red in 2 seconds as in tomato and when i stop suddenly it returns to its normal colour in 2 seconds.. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SoshifiedSone9Angels

I cover my mouth ( It started when i watch korean idols on variety shows and when they laugh they cover their mouth so i kind of get that habit to them )

I clap my hands ( I get it from SNSD members, they seem to always clap whenever they are laughing and it became my habit also..)

I tend to laugh really hard for some reason.

Mom thinks i fake my laugh, and so do some other people.

I didn't even know it was possible to fake a laugh, cuz I thought it was just something you were born with.

Guest 85_line

hm.. most of the time i cover my mouth.. why i wonder

i think it's because since i was little girl my parents taught me so.. they said it's polite for a girl to cover their mouth when laugh so the teeth not being seen  :rolleyes: and if i laugh so hard because funny things i tend to clap my hands or hit the closest person to me  :D

Guest funkyliv

I also want to know why some girls cover their mouth when they laugh, hahaha my reason is weird...

I used to do it every single time I laughed, but I've stopped mostly. I'm trying to stop doing it completely.

Except my reason for why I started doing it in the first place is really odd...I was super crazy obsessed with DBSK when I was around 11-12 :sweatingbullets: and they always covered their mouths when they laughed. :ph34r: They always clapped too. I don't know if I was sub-consciously just trying to be like them but it just completely rubbed off on me and I couldn't help covering my mouth and clapping every single time I laughed. Well, now I've stopped the covering my mouth but I still do the clapping thing every time I laugh...o_o My friends say I remind them of a seal, lol

my friends say i look like a seal too...mainly cos i clap and sort of... jump up and down

Guest MIMsy

When I laugh really hard my eyes water and I start crying. It used to be inconvenient because my make-up would run all over my face. I switched over to water-proof mascara and eyeliner. Thank goodness for that!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ohNO not Vivix3

clapping, getting red, sometimes not making any noise, jumping up and down...weird right?

Guest LeCiel.

I also want to know why some girls cover their mouth when they laugh, hahaha my reason is weird...

I used to do it every single time I laughed, but I've stopped mostly. I'm trying to stop doing it completely.

Except my reason for why I started doing it in the first place is really odd...I was super crazy obsessed with DBSK when I was around 11-12 :sweatingbullets: and they always covered their mouths when they laughed. :ph34r: They always clapped too. I don't know if I was sub-consciously just trying to be like them but it just completely rubbed off on me and I couldn't help covering my mouth and clapping every single time I laughed. Well, now I've stopped the covering my mouth but I still do the clapping thing every time I laugh...o_o My friends say I remind them of a seal, lol

OMG, same here! I used to be really obsessed with DBSK and used to watch their videos all the time. And now, every time I laugh, I always cover my mouth and clap >.> I think it's because of them too, lmfao.

Guest RileyR

I'm really glad to hear other people have some of the same habits, heh.

Someone mentioned that I clapped while I laughed which I never actually noticed...I tried to stop after they pointed it out but it's too late now. :P

I cover my mouth a lot too but that's because I'm insecure about my teeth.

Also when laughing really hard I lean over really far...

Other habit is crinkling/twitching my nose when I find something just a little funny. Like I sort of go "ehh" (puffing out air) and crinkle my nose....it lots stupid!

Once I start laughing - like really laughing, I can't stop.

I also cover my mouth. Not as much as I used to though...

For me, I guess part of it is appearing more ladylike but it's mainly because I have scars (dog bit my face) on my upper lip that become more prominent when I laugh.

Archived