IU 아이유

Lynne

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maashi

2000 days have passed since her first debut. I'm so proud of her, she has matured into a beautiful young woman. Let's all continue to support her together. Uaenas jjang!!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd

OMO,chincha....

I forgot that :-(

tumblr_n26w63NkdB1qh1uhdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n26w63NkdB1qh1uhdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n26w63NkdB1qh1uhdo3_1280.jpg

happy 2000 days

Guest maashi

tumblr_n27olqMY2S1rng1qno1_1280.jpg

140310 #IU to attend the Japanese
fanmeeting event for the premier of
“Pretty Man (Bel Ami)”
Date: June 14, 2014
Venue: Tokyo International Forum Hall
A
Times: Day show: Doors open 13:30 &
curtain at 14:30
Night show: Doors open 17:30 & curtain at 18:30
Ticket cost: 10,000 yen + tax (reserved seating)
MORE INFO: http://www.kntv.co.jp/belami-event/

Cr: iumushimushi

Interview: Yoo In Na Talks About her 'Soul Mate' IU.

In the world of entertainment, there are some famous celebrity friends. Friendships among celebrities often catch the public’s attention, since it reveals a bit of their personal lives outside of television.

Yoo In Na, who recently starred in You Who Came From the Stars also has a special celebrity friend: IU.

With Yoo In Na born in 1982 and IU in 1993, they have quite an age gap.

With Yoo In Na being an actress and IU working mainly as a singer, the two have a special something that brought them together.

Meeting with enews, Yoo In Na shared her thoughts on her friendship with IU.

“IU and I are very comfortable with each other now. We both have the assurance that we will be friends for the rest of our lives. It’s really rare to meet a friend like that in the world of entertainment, so I feel lucky. I went through some tough times in the past and went through a slump. I wondered if I had chosen the right path as an actress, but earning a friend like IU at the time gave me comfort and that itself made it worth the fight.”

Smiling shyly, Yoo In Na said she has never confessed this to IU, since they know what each other’s thinking just by looking in the eyes. But Yoo In Na hopes to express some of her feelings to IU through the interview.

“I tend to have a lot of abstract thoughts, and that goes the same with IU. I met her for the first time on a variety show called Heroes, and we sort of recognized each other as having same the same kind of soul. We started sharing things that girls don’t normally talk about with each other and became true friends beyond the age gap. IU and I are truly soul mates.”

Being the older one, Yoo In Na hopes that IU won’t go through the same trial and error she had to go through herself, and said that she envies IU for having an unnie like her.

“IU is a really lovely person. When I’m down, she would ask to meet up and bring a gift along and once when I went in to the radio station, IU had left a box of chocolate for me. She is a loveable and beautiful child.”

2014.03.16 10:00 CJ E&M enewsWorld Kim, JiYeon Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

Producer stars Kim Soo Hyun and IU voted as top celebrities with whom fans want to see the cherry blossoms

by CoCo Kdrama on Wed, Apr 01, 2015

We've all seen those iconic cherry blossom scenes in K-dramas (Lie to MeA Gentleman's Dignity, Prosecutor Princess, and Sly and Single Again) where the main couple confesses their hidden love for the first time. And I know many of us have fantasized about exactly who we would want to re-enact these scenes with. Well, in a recent survey about whom fans would most like to go see the cherry blossoms in Korea with, Kim Soo Hyun and IU, who are co-starring in the upcoming romantic comedy Producer, each ranked number one in the male and female categories.

According to an MBN survey of 1,271 men and women in their 10s, 20s, and 30s conducted on April 1, Kim Soo Hyun won the male category with 19.2 percent of the votes, and IU won the female category with 15.5 percent of the votes. Kim Soo Hyun is clearly loved by many people regardless of age, as he was voted for the most in all three age groups.

Close on the heels of Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Woo Bin received 14.8 percent, Lee Jong Suk (Pinocchio) received 9 percent, Yoo Seung Ho (I Miss You) received 7.1 percent, and Im Si Wan (The Attorney) received 6.3 percent. Second to IU, men chose Suzy (who starred with both Kim Soo Hyun and IU in Dream High) at the rate of 13.6 percent, Hani at the rate of 11 percent, Hyosung at the rate of 10.6 percent, and Hyeri (Hyde, Jekyll, and I) at the rate of 7.2 percent.

Who knows, maybe we'll actually see a cherry blossom kiss between Kim Soo Hyun and IU in their upcoming drama  Producer, coming exclusively to DramaFever. Sign up for new episode alerts HERE

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/kim-soo-hyun-and-iu-voted-/

Guest kyung-jin

itemprop="name"​7 adorable facts about Producer actress IU

by whatadrama on Mon, Apr 06, 2015

IU_producer_dramafever_whatadrama7.jpg

The highly anticipated drama Producer will air exclusively on DramaFever on May 8th, and while we nervously wait for the grand premiere, we wanted to share a little bit about the lead actress IU. Known by K-drama lovers for her role in Dream High, IU is also a popular singer/songwriter adored by people of all generations in Korea. Let's take a look!

IU_producer_dramafever_whatadrama2.gif

1. IU worked hard to overcome a poor background and reach stardom 

iu_childhood_dramafever_whatadrama.jpg

IU’s family wealth declined when she was younger and the family lived in a small one bedroom place for a year, where cockroaches roamed frequently.

IU, her younger brother and grandmother moved to a cousin’s place, and the cousin disparaged her family by saying things like, “When are you guys leaving?”, "A young girl wants to be a clown, not a student,” and “I’d be a millionaire before she becomes a celebrity.” IU decided to succeed as a singer after hearing this, she said in an interview in December 2011.

She failed an audition at JYP but got into Loen Entertainment, and debuted September 2007 at age 15.

See more at http://www.dramafever.com/news/7-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-producer-actress-iu/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kyung-jin

IU and Lee Hyun Woo pair up again to make an adorable summertime couple for Unionbay

by CoCo Kdrama on Tue, Apr 21, 2015

IU is currently busy filming on the set of Producer, but last month she and Technicians actor Lee Hyun Woo teamed up for a fun and breezy summer photo shoot for Unionbay. This is the second time this couple has worked together, and based on the final recently released results, it looks like their personal friendship and chemistry continue to blossom.

The couple posed in casual, lightweight clothes against a backdrop that has us all longing for a summer getaway of our own. 

Don't they make a beautiful couple? In the past, IU has said of her relationship with Hyun Woo, "We joke around and felt comfortable with each other as if we were friends that meet up every day, so we had fun during this photo shoot. With our teamwork being great, if the opportunity presents itself, we would like to work with each other in a good production."

It's clear that the actors are close in real life as IU posted several photos of them on her Instagram account during the photo shoot, including this one with the caption, “It’s done! Great job!” and the hashtag “#killersmile.”

They first met when they hosted SBS Inkigayo together, and Hyun Woo appeared in IU's music video for "You and I."

Wouldn't it be great if they played a couple in a drama together?

In the meantime, IU's Producer will premiere exclusively on DramaFever starting May 8, and it is currently scheduled for 12 episodes.

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/iu-and-lee-hyun-woo-pair-up-again-to-make-an-adorable-summertime-couple-for-unionbay/

Guest kyung-jin

IU to write and sing a new song for Producer

by whatadrama on Wed, Apr 22, 2015

Will this be the new best song ever? Singer and actress IU will release a new song through the highly anticipated upcoming drama Producer. IU's agency said Thursday, "IU will release a new song on the new KBS 2 drama Producer. The song is for her singer character's performance scene." IU will write and sing the song for her role as  K-pop star Cindy on Producer, specifically for the scene where Cindy performs on stage.

IU doesn't plan to release a new album yet and is focusing on filming Producer, her agency added.

On IU and Gong Hyo Jin's talk teaser, the actresses had an awkward first meeting discussing how they are more than ten years apart.

Written by the My Love From Another Star writer, romantic comedy Producer tells a story of reality TV show producers. Kim Soo Hyun of the same drama plays a newbie producer (PD) who needs to make the next big hit. Gong Hyo Jin and Cha Tae Hyun play seasoned PDs, and IU plays a top singer Cindy. Producer is also Running Man Kim Jong Kook's drama debut. Read more about the cast of Producer

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/will-this-be-the-new-best-song-ever/

Guest kyung-jin

The Top 10 Korean actresses of 2015, according to DramaFever fans

by Vivi on Thu, Apr 23, 2015

Each year, TV Report releases power rankings of Korean actresses based on a poll of top PDs and producers in the industry as they choose who they most want to see headlining dramas. If you disagreed with the 2015 list of actresses, why not see what actual drama fans have to say? We already saw the list of actors, but here are the top 10 Korean actresses based on the number of fans they have on DramaFever:

Note: These rankings are purely based on fan numbers. Don't like the results? Become a fan of your favorite actresses to change next year's list!

4. IU

Number of fans: 13,795

Upcoming series: Producer

IU_EFUyR3M.jpg

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/the-top-10-korean-actresses-of-2015-according-to-dramafever-fans/

Guest kyung-jin

Kim Soo Hyun, IU, Gong Hyo Jin, and Cha Tae Hyun go behind the scenes of Producer with latest teaser

by Vivi on Thu, Apr 23, 2015

Now this is getting interesting. We have another new variety-style meeting between the leads of upcoming drama series Producer, and this time Kim Soo HyunIUGong Hyo Jin, and Cha Tae Hyun all meet to discuss the series.

Producer shows life behind the scenes of a variety show. Cha Tae Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin, and Kim Soo Hyun will play producers, while IU will play Cindy, a popular idol. So far, we have seen two variety-style teasers of the lead actors meeting for the first time as well as one more traditional teaser of the cast members in character. 

These behind-the-scenes glimpses are so interesting because it really sounds like Producer won't be your everyday K-drama. I wonder how much of the variety style will spill over into the drama itself!

According to KBS representatives, the broadcast date of Producer has been pushed back to May 15, when it will premiere exclusively on DramaFever. The series is currently scheduled for 12 episodes that are each 80 minutes long.

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/kim-soo-hyun-iu-gong-hyo-jin-and-cha-tae-hyun-go-behind-the-scenes-of-producer-with-latest-teaser/

Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"IU Adopts A Mature Look

BY Adrienne Stanley | Apr 26, 2015 12:16 PM EDT   

screenshot-2015-04-26-at-11-47-55-am-png

On April 26, IU shared a photo through social media which highlighted her move towards a more mature image. IU has been widely recognized for her ageless appearance but the 21-year-old star has been taking greater steps towards adulthood. Her attempt to change her visual concept was recognized by the Korean outlet Dispatch. Dispatch provided commentary on her photo through the article, "No more cuteness, IU shows a more mature look."

IU will return to K-Drama on May 15 in the role of Cindy, a former child star-turned-idol, in "Producer."

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/82680/20150426/park-shin-hye-shares-hawaiian-vacation-photos-iu-adopts-a-mature-look.htm

• 2 weeks later...

IU donates 100 millino won for children's play

Article: [Exclusive] IU secretly donates 100 million won to children of low-income families for children's day

Source: Star News via Naver

1. [+15,502, -431] It's amazing to be able to donate 100 million won at the age of 23. No matter how much you make, that's still a large chunk of money for everyone. Amazing IU.

2. [+8,835, -345] So heartwarming! Supporting you!!!

3. [+7,941, -294] She did something great, don't leave any hateful comments. It's easy to put 100 million won in words but to actually donate that in money makes me proud of her.

4. [+7,797, -349] A heart as pretty as her face!

5. [+7,268, -392] IU is seriously love

6. [+1,147, -90] 100 million won is no joke. Whether she did it secretly or up front, it's still something to applaud her for. If I had that kind of money, I'd just spend it on myself.

7. [+1,190, -180] She's such an innocent soul. She makes huge amounts of money at a young age but she doesn't cover herself in luxury brands or go drinking at clubs on her off time and rather visits historical sites instead. Good to see someone so untainted in the industry.

8. [+948, -82] I don't even care whether it was secret or not, it's 100 million won! 100! If you don't even have a dollar to donate, shut up if you're going to say anything bad.

9. [+848, -136] The journalist should've left out the secret part considering he's writing an article about it in the first place

cre: netizenbuzz

IU Donates 100 Million Won ( ~$92,000) Towards Children From Low-Income Families

Star News- Naver: IU donates 100 million won toward kids from low-income families for Children's Day 'heartwarming' 

1. [+2658, -70] Amazing of her to make a donation of 100 million won at age 23. The money will be such a huge help. IU is amazing

2. [+2168, -590] She donated secretly but how did you find out?

3. [+1361, -64] That's really heartwarming! I'm cheering for you!!!

4. [+1206, -67] She has a beautiful face and heart

5. [+1083, -69] I seriously love IU

6. [+176, -20] She did a good deed so please don't leave hate comments.  She straight off donated such a big amount. Such a young lady to be proud of. Stop bashing her

7. [+132, -13] Do you think donating that big of an amount is a joke? If I had 100 million won with me, it would have just spent it on useless stuff

8. [+69, -1] Secret or not, donating 100 million won is a difficult thing to do.. No matter how rich you are, we live in a world where giving money to others is wasteful act

9. [+63, -3] 100 million won would buy me a nice car and a trip around the world

cr: kkuljaem.com

• 5 weeks later...

I thought the readers of this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama, and that talks about IU and her new drama The Producers in its latest episode that came. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-11/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

• 2 weeks later...

There was a little bit of a slow start in Producers, as far as IU/Cindy's character development, but I just wanted to say uri IU is really hitting it out of the ballpark now.  As I mentioned on the Producer thread, IU as Cindy is a revelation. She has brought me to tears in the last few episodes. Good for you IU.  Your skills are growing by leaps and bounds!!  :wub:

• 1 month later...

I thought the Soompiers in this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama and that talks about IU (and Producers, Oh my ghostess, The Scholar Who Walks the Night, High Society, Mask, The time we were not in love and many more) in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or listen/download via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-13/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Jo Jung Suk Shares His Thoughts on Working Alongside Three of the Nation’s Little Sisters

Actor Jo Jung Suk shared his thoughts on acting alongside Suzy, Park Bo Young, and IU, also known as the nation’s precious little sisters.

On the September 27 broadcast of MBC‘s “Section TV Entertainment Relay,” the actors of “The Exclusive: Beat the Devil’s Tattoo” including Jo Jung Suk gave interviews.

CP6nhbZUEAAAtRa.jpg

During the interview, Jo Jung Suk says, “I’m the public enemy of Korean men right now. I acted with the nation’s little sisters Suzy, Park Bo Young, and IU.” He then says, “I’m extremely thankful. I’m super lucky.”

When asked which of the three he likes best, he becomes shy but gets out of the sticky situation by saying wisely, “Don’t ask questions like that. I like all three.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/09/27/jo-jung-suk-shares-his-thoughts-on-working-alongside-three-of-the-nations-little-sisters/ 

Archived