IU 아이유

Lynne

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this thread! I don't even know this thread is exsist haha

Still no news about IU latest casting offers. What funny is when IU in Beijing concert (that time we don't know that she got this offer), she asked audience if fans would watch it if she is in a period drama. And when fans answer YES, she said she will consider it keke... (cr : Sotong_Q)

===

Ji Soo joins Moon Lovers cast of flower boys, IU offered female lead

54b710df-4993-4edf-9c36-63b610ad228a.jpg

Actor Ji Soo confirmed his role in Moon Lovers, while IU is in talks to play the female lead.  New face actor Ji Soo of Angry Mom and Cheer Up confirmed today that he will play one of the princes in the historical drama. The star-studded cast of Moon Lovers includes actors Ji Soo, Kim Sung Kyun, Kang Ha Neul, and Nam Joo Hyuk.

IU is the first actress to receive a casting offer from Moon Lovers. IU’s agency confirmed today that she received the offer and that she is considering the role.

Actors Lee Joon Ki, Kang Ha Neul, Hong Jong Hyun, and EXO's Baekhyun are still considering roles since they received the casting offers in November.

Moon Lovers is a remake of the popular Chinese series Bu Bu Jing Xin (Scarlet Heart). The remake revolves around many sons of Goryeo’s fourth king Kwangjong.

If IU confirms her role as a female lead, casting rest of the princes will most likely fall into place.

Director Kim Kyo Tae of That Winter, the Wind Blows, IRIS, and It's Okay, That's Love will produce the film, and the series will start filming in February.

Moon Lovers is scheduled to premiere in September on SBS.

http://www.dramafever.com/news/moon-lovers-casting-news-ji-soo-confirms-iu-exo-baekhyun-lee-joon-ki-and-hong-jong-hyun-considering-roles/

@edensor and the rest of our chingu,

Found confirmation from Dramabeans that uri IU has accepted the role (though I know the other pubs released this yesterday, I think).

Bu Bu Jing Xin remake Scarlet Heart: Goryeo adds princesses, confirms cast

by girlfriday | January 6, 2016 | 49 Comments

KangHana_Seohyun1.jpg
Kang Hanna, Seohyun

There were no shakeups in the casting for the Korean drama remake of Bu Bu Jing Xin — everyone who was courted signed on, and now Kang Hanna (Mom, Miss Korea) and Girls’ Generation idol Seohyun (Passionate Love) have joined the main cast as princesses.

There has been a title change though, and the drama is no longer called Moon Lovers; it has instead adopted the original Chinese drama’s title Bu Bu Jing Xin and gone withBobogyungshim: Ryeo. The ryeo (literally meaning “brilliant/shining”) is a reference to Goryeo, the dynasty and time period for the adaptation. Taken literally, this amounts to something like: Step by Step Red Heart (Go)ryeo. You can imagine how awkward this is to translate. So we’re calling it Scarlet Heart: Goryeo, for sense and sanity’s sake.

The fantasy romance sageuk will star IU (The Producers) as a woman from the 21st century who travels back in time to Goryeo, where she will meet and steal the heart of a prince or two (or three, or four… there are a lot of princes). Lee Jun-ki (Scholar Who Walks the Night) plays 4th prince Wang So, future King Gwangjong of Goryeo.

King Taejo, who founded the Goryeo dynasty, had a LOT of children, so Lee Jun-ki will get a whole host of royal siblings. Kang Haneul (Misaeng) will play 8th prince Wang Wook, a smart, ambitious rival who dreams of becoming king someday. Hong Jong-hyun (Mama) has been cast as the 3rd prince Wang Yo, a clever and arrogant young man who gradually raises his ambitions higher.

For the full story, click here:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/01/bu-bu-jing-xin-remake-scarlet-heart-goryeo-adds-princesses-confirms-cast/

So I must have missed this detail. Apparently, they won't be airing any episodes until all the episodes have already been shot and completed. So the drama won't actually be airing till...September?!  That sounds like such a long, long way off.  :dissapointed_relieved:

One of my goals for 2016 was to be more patient. Will have to start working on that now, but always assumed that was lower on my list of priorities.  :anguished:

@meahri66 Yes, the plan for ML, er... SH, was always for it to be completely filmed before broadcast. It tests our patience waiting for it to air... but at the same time, it's much better for the cast since they don't have as much of a time constraint and a tight schedule to follow. The script, for better or worse, won't suddenly get changed up because of viewers feedback/backlash and the changes of a switch in writers somewhere along the way isn't as high. All in all, I think it's probably a good idea for them to film SH this way. ^^

(One of my favorite historical dramas, "The Legend", did this and it was wonderful. It did take them two years to film though... lol)

• 1 month later...

SBS’ “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” Releases First Stills of Lee Joon Gi and IU

SBS’ “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” Releases First Stills of Lee Joon Gi and IU

SBS‘s upcoming fantasy-romance drama has been renamed from “Moon Lovers” to “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.” Lee Joon Gi and IU have previously confirmed to star in the drama, and now SBS has released the first still photos from the set. The stills revealed that the filming is taking place over the snow-covered fields of the Gangwon province.

Within the drama, Lee Joon Gi plays Prince Wang So, who is the fourth son of Taejo Wang Geon of the Goryeo Dynasty. In the stills, he can be seen with long hair and wearing a toned-down gray garment that radiates a rough masculine beauty. Lee Joon Gi is sitting on a rock looking into the distance by himself which also gave off a feeling of loneliness. IU plays a 21st century woman who fall back in time to the Goryeo period. She can be seen smiling in a beautiful ivory and sky-blue dress.

A representative from “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” relayed, “Lee Joon Gi, IU, other actors and actresses in addition to the staff members all have fantastic teamwork and are well into the filming process. Despite the cold weather, everyone is determined and united in making a great production.”

Along with Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Neul, Hong Jong Hyun, EXO‘s Baekhyun,Nam Joo Hyuk, Ji Soo, Kim San Ho, and Yoon Sun Woo are the other men who make up the “flower prince” cast. Kang Han Na and Girls’ GenerationSeohyun are the princesses within the drama.

“Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” will be 100% pre-produced and is currently in discussion to air during the latter half of this year.

Are you guys excited?

scarlet heart 1

scarlet heart 2

scarlet heart 3

Source (1)

IU is so beautiful

• 3 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Choi Soo-young, Suzy and IU to take over the screens

It's going to be heated summer. It's a time where pre-produced dramas are coming out and several actors and star writers are making a comeback. What draws attention the most are the actor-turned singers. Some of them are Suzy from Miss A, Choi Soo-young from Girls' Generation and IU.

CjPioPWUoAQUuYV.jpg

- Girl's Generation Choi Soo-young's transformation

Choi Soo-young is coming back with the new OCN drama "38 Revenue Collection Unit" as a tax collector named Cheon Seong-hee. The drama is about tax collectors joining hands with frauds and getting money off of delinquent tax payers. Other casts include Seo In-guk and Ma Dong-seok.

Cheon Seong-hee is a public worker who collects taxes equally and fairly from those rich or poor. She does her best to do her job but con-man Yang Jeong-do (Seo In-guk) gets in the way and forms an awkward relationship.

Choi Soo-young has already starred in the 2014 MBC drama "My Spring Days" as Lee Bom who goes through a heartwarming romance.

- Suzy's more mature emotional comeback

Suzy is starring in the new KBS 2TV drama "Uncontrollably Fond". It's been a big deal because of writer Lee Kyeong-hee's comeback but it's pitched anticipation to the maximum because of Lee Min-ho and Suzy's featuring.

"Uncontrollably Fond" is a love story about a man and a woman who parted on bad terms but reunited as a super star and a documentary producer. The drama stars Kim Woo-bin and Suzy as the superstar and producer.

In the recent teaser, the two seem mature than before, Kim Woo-bin suggests to Suzy to be a couple for just 3 months and Suzy is looking at him stunned.

- IU's first historical

IU is starring in the new SBS drama "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" as Hae-soo and is starring with Lee Joon-ki, Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyeon, Baekhyun, Nam Joo-hyeok, Ji Soo and more. "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is a modern drama based on the Koryeo times directed by Kim Kyoo-tae.

IU's role of Hae-soo, is a 21st century bold girl who makes the path to her own fate. Lee Joon-ki takes on the role of Wang So.

IUstarted off with the 2011 KBS drama "Dream High" and continued on to "Pretty Boy", "Lee Soon-sin is the Best" and more. She's been reviewed to be a good actress so her comeback with "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is being anticipated by many.

http://www.hancinema.net/choi-soo-young-suzy-and-iu-to-take-over-the-screens-94839.html 

• 2 months later...

Hi Chingu! Now that we're getting closer to the release date for MLSHR, I thought I'd start getting us all caught up on the IU related news that's been shared on the drama thread.

A Look at the Chinese Versus Korean Casts of Bu Bu Jing Xin

Posted on January 7, 2016 by ockoala

I’m not sure why I remain so optimistic about the upcoming K-version of Bu Bu Jing Xin, other than I’m most likely still not jaded as a drama watcher and enjoy the excitement of happy anticipation. Even though I love the novel and C-drama adaptation to pieces, neither are masterpieces without flaws, and what makes them so near and dear for me is how visceral the story connected with me rather than being an untouchable ideal.

That means that K-version can succeed even if it changes elements up and doesn’t have a cast nearly as talented as the C-version. I can’t say the C-cast are all award winning caliber, though a few are, but above all else each lead delivered career breakthrough level performances and captured the chemistry of both romance, rivalry, and sibling intensity. Check out both casts side-by-side and see if visually you can picture it. For whatever reason I’m pretty at peace with the K-casting.

wuxi.jpg

Nicky Wu v. Lee Jun Ki as 4.

Personality in novel: Aloof, reserved, perceptive, incisive, patient, proud.

Relationship with Ruo Xi: Initially she purposely keeps her distance from him because she knows that he is the future Emperor Yongzheng and the ultimate victor of the 9-Prince-Battle. But it’s her wariness and heightened guard against him which intrigues him even more. He genuinely falls in love with her, and it’s a very intense love because he’s the kind of man that rarely lets go of his emotions, but once he does, it’s all or nothing.

But he’s not great husband material since as Emperor he’s forced to take certain actions that may run contrary to what Ruo Xi thinks is right. This ends up driving an increasingly unbridgeable wedge between them. 4th Prince probably isn’t the funnest husband to half, his sense of humor is stuck between negative 1 and occasionally maybe a zero. He’s insanely intelligent, but probably likes reading boring classical texts.

dfsfs.jpg

IU vs. Liu Shi Shi as Ruo Xi the time-traveling heroine.

Personality: Independent, thoughtful, practical, spirited, adaptable.

Musings: Ruo Xi doesn’t win all those princely hearts and survive in the Qing Dynasty because she’s so beautiful that men are blinded by her looks. She’s described as merely fresh-faced, but it’s her intelligence and ability to read any situation that gives her the advantage. She’s very tenacious – when she becomes the tea-serving maid to the Emperor, she makes the effort to learn the expertise at brewing tea, for which she wows the Emperor and the princes time and again with her skill. She’s not written as a pure and idealistic heroine, but rather she is exceedingly realistic and not one to toss caution to the wind.

Source: http://koalasplayground.com/2016/01/07/a-look-at-the-chinese-versus-korean-casts-of-bu-bu-jing-xin/

Moon Lovers air date, plot rumours:
Will IU and Lee Jun Ki have a happy ending?

1452237035_moon-lovers.jpg

Kdrama fans are eagerly waiting for "Moon Lovers" as it has a star-studded cast, including big names such as EXO's Baekhyun, Kang Ha Neul, Nam Joo Hyuk, Ji Soo, Hong Jong Hyun and Girls' Generation member, Seohyun. The show has finalised its cast and according to reports, the show will begin filming in the second week of January 2016. However, will the plot include a happy ending for IU who is the leading lady of "Moon Lovers"?

IU, who plays the character of Jang Hyo, is a 21st century woman who travels through time and becomes an aristocrat's daughter in the 14th century. She is expected to be exuberant and beautiful.

"Moon Lovers" is expected to be aired in September 2016 on SBS. 

rest of the article via

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/moon-lovers-air-date-plot-rumours-will-iu-lee-jun-ki-have-happy-ending-662441

"Time Slip: Ryeo" Lee Joon-ki and IU's global ritual

photo685374.jpg

Director Kim Kyoo-tae, writer Jo Yoon-yeong and the staff and cast of "Time Slip: Ryeo" were at a ritual for the fantasy romance drama "Time Slip: Ryeo" on the 11th.

Pictures show Kim Kyoo-tae, Jo Yoon-yeong, staff members, Lee Joon-ki and IU as well as people from NBC Universal and YG Entertainment at the ritual.

After a recital of a prayer wishing for the best of health of the staff and cast, everyone including staff on the filming team, the lighting team, martial arts team, and production team took turns giving their offer to the spirits.

Lee Joon-ki who takes on the role of Tae Jo's fourth prince Wang So, said, "I wish no one gets hurt in the process. As I am in the middle of the entire cast, I will make sure to get along well with everyone". IU, who plays Hae-soo, a 21st century girl who time slips to the Koryeo times, said, "I will do my best".

Jo Min-ki who takes on the role of Tae Jo, the king and father of four good looking sons, "I hope this drama cooperates with all my sons, seniors and juniors, directors, producers and staff. I just hope no one gets left out or hurt".

Director Kim Kyoo-tae said, "I wish "Time Slip: Ryeo" will help everyone here".

Stills show a pig head with the Korean Won, Japanese Yen, US Dollars and even British Pounds. The NBC Universal personnel were at the ritual and also wished the best for "Time Slip: Ryeo".

"Time Slip: Ryeo" staff and cast are expected to show great teamwork to make this pre-produced drama successful.

Meanwhile, "Time Slip: Ryeo" starring IU and Lee Joon-ki in the lead also stars Kang Ha-neul, Kim San-ho, Hong Jong-hyeon, Yoon Seon-woo, Baek Hyeon, Nam Joo-hyeok, Ji Soo, Kang Han-na,Seohyun and more.

source: Hancinema

IU’s fans send food truck for the cast and crew of “Scarlet Heart:Ryeo”

CeyEwCFXEAABJcs.jpg

We can say that coffee means an everlasting love for IU’s fans.

Currently, IU’s fans are loaded of their everlasting love and great support for their idol! During the set of IU’s new drama “Scarlet Heart :Ryeo’ on March 29, fans sent a cart loaded with coffee to ease the staff and crew from their tiresome work.

iu-2.jpg

IU uploaded her photos to Instagram to personally give thanks to her fans, with, “I’ll eat well! I can go all night with energy from these! I didn’t get to take very many pictures because I was busy eating… #PrettyMenGallery #BongGallery #ThankYou”

Watch out for the official premiere of ‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo to be announced soon.

Source: 

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/03/30/ius-fans-send-food-truck-for-the-cast-and-crew-of-scarlet-heartryeo/

• 11 months later...

Archived