[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Harmonie

Sorry to bud in like this.   The character Yoo Myung Joon, why does he wear make-up like a woman, but yet he's supposed to be a playboy?  Am I the only one who see it?

Guest hee_chully

Sorry to bud in like this.   The character Yoo Myung Joon, why does he wear make-up like a woman, but yet he's supposed to be a playboy?  Am I the only one who see it?

the actor 'no minwoo' has always been known for being andrgynouse and some of it like the times when his lips are pale are to give the impression of illness :) his lips are naturally very very red anyways he spoke about that in an interview :)

Guest Asianatic

Now he is looking very pale. Maybe they piled on the make up in the earlier episodes so that they could make him look sickly later. I read somewhere that he has naturally very red lips and he doesn't like it and tries to tone it down with pale make up. In Asian countries  we like our feminine guys as much as the masculine ones. 

Who is HI on the phone with? She's had these conversation with a mysterious interlocutor. You remember, when she said

about DH that she'll have to get rid of him if the investigation brings trouble, etc... She's been talking to someone, letting that person know what she is doing, and I'm sure it's not Lawyer Choi. We know him already, and they don't have that type of relationships, since she wants him to retire...

Guest Asianatic

Who is HI on the phone with? She's had these conversation with a mysterious interlocutor. You remember, when she said

about DH that she'll have to get rid of him if the investigation brings trouble, etc... She's been talking to someone, letting that person know what she is doing, and I'm sure it's not Lawyer Choi. We know him already, and they don't have that type of relationships, since she wants him to retire...

My guess is she is talking to her very efficient secretary and they are actually talking about one of her boys who is being head hunted by her second brother.....the hysterical one who is channelling Joe Pesci. I find him quite repulsive. He is ready to disown his sibling at the drop of  a hat  but when the smart sis turns the table on him he is so affronted.  What an richard simmons. I understand why the sis turned out like that....having to put up with a gangster like bro who's always putting her and younger siblings down.  I really like the sis ...She doesn't have to shout and yell at people to get things done. She is always very civil and calm even when she's going for the kill. 

...deleted....

I stopped subbing at VK because I was unhappy with many aspects of how that site is owned, managed and run, despite my admiration for so many of the volunteers who cheerfully provide the slave labor on which the site owners depend. I went over there yesterday just to put some of the Midas ep 6 and 7 subs I had translated on DS and which on VK were either still missing or, in my view, not quite correct, into the VK version so that they wouldn't go to waste, but I don't intend to linger.

Hi Baduy, I am sorry to hear that. Just an idea, maybe you could still help us with the Eng Sub for another free site, like dramacrazy. I would be more than thankful :)

And for those who wish for a more love story, I guess dramagods are listening. LMJ and NMW's characters are getting closer and brave", plus there is one more potential pairing; the half brother gangster (secretary Kim) and the suicidal sister. My money is on the last one, kekekee...they're cute!

oh my, does DH REALLLLY think he can just take care of his case by threatening the dude with dirty stuff he did before??? it's just a viscous cycle that's going to continue until theres nothing dirty left to dig up!

and IH really makes it clear, if her 'horse' falls and will be of worthless value to her, she will disown it right on the spot. Ruuuuutthless! But her character is so convincing and thats what I like! Also about that person she always talks to on the phone, the only person I have in mind is Lawyer Choi. Unless there is some other person that hasn't shown up yet.

oh my, does DH REALLLLY think he can just take care of his case by threatening the dude with dirty stuff he did before??? it's just a viscous cycle that's going to continue until theres nothing dirty left to dig up!

and IH really makes it clear, if her 'horse' falls and will be of worthless value to her, she will disown it right on the spot. Ruuuuutthless! But her character is so convincing and thats what I like! Also about that person she always talks to on the phone, the only person I have in mind is Lawyer Choi. Unless there is some other person that hasn't shown up yet.

I agree with you.  Only saw raw and so I do not understand what is fully happening, but atty Choi is my bet too.  He's playing both sides.

The father made an interesting comment to Choi about this inheritance "game" when he told the atty to give the 2nd heir access to the money after he ratted out his little sis.  Dear old dad appears to be playing some game with them.  I wonder if they played this game when they were younger.

I did get that part of IH threatening to cut DH loose if he embarrasses her; and the fact that he kept something about himself from her.  He will fight all the harder to stay within her good graces I would imagine.  It looks like he is increasing in enemies, which IH likes since Lone Korea will be the target and not her hedge fund company....  She likes to sit pretty and have others do her dirty work for her.

I hope the nurse at least gets a happy ending.

getting exciting now!

we have the 2nd brother in on the game of competing to buy shares for han young bank (and the guy from IH's team who is jumping over to the 2nd brother's side)

we have next episode MJ and JY 's revenge plan into action

we have DH's dad and his crazy gold mine dream (which lawyer choi is going to DO something about...)

oh so exciting! can't wait for allthe action tomorrow!

I see no point for JY to take revenge on IH. I'd rather see her move on with her life. To hold a hatred for IH and want a revenge  will only make her life complicated.

I doubt if JY still can't get over DH. I hope not though. It bugs me so much when DH uses volience toward her dad. Well, that's one thing DH's so driven to become the very wealthy and powerful by fair means or foul. Well people have different values, I'm fine with it. Yet being cold-blooded is quite another. JY is a nice girl who deserves a better man.

Seriously I don't get it why JY thinks IH should take the blame for their breakup. Come on, DH is an adult and it's his choice, not IH's. You know what I mean? Anyway, we already know JY won't let go and I can't do anything to stop her :crazy:  so just wait and see.

I'm actually interested in "what revenge" JY can exact on IH.???  The woman can have her disappear if she wanted to but she is not that kind, but she can definitely have her out on her ear without her current nursing job.

This revenge angle only serves one purpose and that is more romance and/or  MJ/JY time.   :D  Why she would listen to someone constantly taunting her about how DH treated her in order to obtain revenge when she is not that kind of person is beyond me.  It's like the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other...  She's listening to the devil, but so is DH and IH.  Perhaps she will gain their perspectives, idk.  I say move on with your life.

EDIT

OK, I just found out the conversation between MJ and JY during her visit where IH comes in....

"Midas" Noh Min-woo-I attacks sister with Lee Min-jeong "You will lose me"

Source

photo161776.jpg

Noh Min-woo-I holds hands with Lee Min-jeong and is starts to pressure Kim Hee-ae.

On the episode of SBS TV "Midas" on the 21st, Myeong-joon (Noh Min-woo-I) and Jeong-yeon (Lee Min-jeong) hold hands to stop his sister Yoo In-hye's (Kim Hee-ae) ambitions.

Living a timed life, Myeong-joon has a crush on Jeong-yeon who broke up with fiancé Do-hyeon (Jang Hyeok) because of Yoo In-hye's ambition and offered to help her in taking revenge. Jeong-yeon asks, "How could you help me take revenge on your sister. Could you really do that?"

He then replies, "I don't know what you think about this, but I want her to stop her sick greediness. I feel suffocated when I think about her life". He wants to stop his sister control her desires.

Jeong-yeon asks how they could do that and Myeong-joon says, "First we have to make her lose the thing she cares for most right now". He then introduces Jeong-yeong as his girlfriend and puts Yoo In-hye into shock.

Yoo In-hye can't help but be aghast at Jeong-yeon who was Do-hyeon's fiancé before but is now her brother's girlfriend. She asks Jeong-yeon, "What is your purpose. Let him go". However she retorts to this and expresss she will not break up with him and makes Yoo In-hye uncomfortable.

This day Myeong-joon reveals that he has already started revenge by saying, "Making her lose something she adores, she will lose me soon enough".

Whether or not Jeong-yeon and Myeong-joon holding hands will stop Yoo In-hye and her race for desire, whether or not Myeong-joon's last wish will come true, what will happen to the love line with Jeong-yeon that's getting stronger is bringing about curiosity amongst viewers.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

[...]

OK, I just found out the conversation between MJ and JY during her visit where IH comes in....

[...]

I was interested to see that scene (it's a bit more complex, though, than that article makes out: and the expression translated there as "hold hands" is closer in meaning to English "join forces" ) because it confirmed my hunch about how

MJ could help take revenge on his sister without, in his eyes, betraying her

as I posted earlier at #581.

He hopes to save her from herself by thwarting the greed which he thinks is destroying her life.

There are signs, though, that

JY has a similar concept of "revenge". She hopes she can save DH from himself by bringing down the woman who, she thinks, made him change. There are heavy suggestions that neither of these revenge schemes is likely to work. And of course, if MJ did help JY succeed in a scheme which brought DH back to his "old" self and so back to her, he would be losing her. But then, he's going to die soon anyway, and he knows it, and Kdrama is always big on self-sacrifice...

Guest fanart0101

tumblrlieysj1xgt1qb32v2o1500.gif

tumblrlieyimxocc1qb32v2o1500.gif

tumblrlieympw9as1qb32v2o1500.gif

Can't wait for this, their eyes contact...:x

Cre: john teshyeahnominwoo

untitled1.120x1.jpg untitled2.120x1.jpg untitled3.120x1.jpg

untitled4.120x1.jpguntitled5.120x1.jpg untitled6.120x1.jpg untitled7.120x1.jpg

Cre: SBS

Cancer prince and white piano? So awsome Min Woo oppa :((

This revenge angle only serves one purpose and that is more romance and/or  MJ/JY time.   :D  

Yeah more romance....it's my fondest wish as well :)

There are signs, though, that

JY has a similar concept of "revenge". She hopes she can save DH from himself by bringing down the woman who, she thinks, made him change. There are heavy suggestions that neither of these revenge schemes is likely to work. And of course, if MJ did help JY succeed in a scheme which brought DH back to his "old" self and so back to her, he would be losing her. But then, he's going to die soon anyway, and he knows it, and Kdrama is always big on self-sacrifice...

oh I thought about that possibilty too...that's why I have a feeling JY hasn't got over DH..

Bringing DH back to his "old self" is fantasy.  He is not acting or being irrational because this is the real him it appears.  JY cannot snap him out of this.  His college buddy talked about how afraid of  his potential he used to be....DH is a scary dude and she should have recognized that at the strike zone when he brought in the "peace makers" to beat them up....

Archived