[Drama 2011] Midas 마이더스

Guest o-cha

Not that I think anyone will die, but has anyone else seen the movie, A Kiss Before Dying?  There was a remake too.

Anyway, I am watching epi 5 with subs and DH's partner in crime mentions that DH has been knowing about IH since college and he never stopped talking about the woman.  Thought he knew nothing about this family.....???  That knowledge about DHs ability to finally meet up with her and work for her reminded me of that movie....The poor kid obsessing and maneuvering....:)

EDIT

I am skeptical as to who's doing what to whom at this point thegecefeneri.....There are too many contenders for the "nothing up my sleeve" crowd.  DH could have set that up with one of his boys to bring IH into his snare....  I don't think it was the 2nd brother.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thegecefeneri

I don't know if anybody say this, but I think that IH set up the car accident, on their wedding day..

Guest alilies

I don't know if anybody say this, but I think that IH set up the car accident, on their wedding day..

really? but DH was on the phone with her and she looked genuinely surprised...

good acting on her behalf?

i'm really interested about what JY and MJ are going to do to take revenge on IH... and how that will work

i feel like MJ is doing this so not only in hopes of spending more time with JY and capturing her heart but also to stop his sister from her complex with money and greedy ambitions?? it's so ironic that she gave that speech at DH's law institution place when she herself is a living example of how bad money is to ppl....

i don't really like DH right now but i'm scared he's gonna get screwed over. hopefully IH fires that other guy ASAP. and seriously IH is the biggest richard simmons in the world.

ah i really like the first few episodes of this drama but now i don't know anymore...finished the seven aired episodes and waiting on mon/tues but... idk. it's not as smart as some dramas i've watched before, and at the same time has like way less romantic tension ):! more lee min jung! more noh min woo! more cute/nice jang hyuk! (he's being so cocky right now it's bothering me to deathhh)

Guest lucky_moon

so it turns out that DH only a scapegoat for all the dirty work she is doing and she is using his ambitious to get hat she want, she is giving him as much money as he want to blind his eye from the real and the truth that he is only a scapegoat.

really? but DH was on the phone with her and she looked genuinely surprised...

good acting on her behalf?

Or was she just worried that the RentaCrash (Korea) operative had misread his job sheet and delivered a Dead-On-The-Spot category staged crash instead of the much milder Stop-a-Guy-Getting-to-his-Wedding model she'd actually ordered?

Guest thegecefeneri

Or was she just worried that the RentaCrash (Korea) operative had misread his job sheet and delivered a Dead-On-The-Spot category staged crash instead of the much milder Stop-a-Guy-Getting-to-his-Wedding model she'd actually ordered?

I guess it was like that!! Because he say after the accident that it wasnt just an accident, the track did it purposely!! He didnt have enemy then.. It is definitly IH, it cant be another one!!

Guest 13musi

And don't forget all the guitars lying around......tho' he did serenade her with the guitar at the club. That's when I started liking him. He seemed to be really emotional about her from that point on. The way he approached her in the beginning was so insensitive. I wonder what he was singing about......I wish someone would translate the lyrics for us. We could find some clues there about how their relationship will end up. 

http://delacroix.egloos.com/5478445 this is the original song that he sang for JY

the lyrics goes like this

출처:김광석 (Kim Kwang Seok) / 이윤수 (Lee Yoon Soo) - 먼지가 되어 (I'll become dust)

바하의 선율에 젖는 날이면

When I'm soaked in melodies of Bach

잊었던 기억들이 피어 나네요

Forgotten memories bloom again

바람에 날려간 나의 노래도

My song that flew away in the winds

휘파람 소리로 돌아 오네요

Come back to me as whistles

내 조그만 공간 속에 추억만 쌓이고

Memories pile up in my small room

까닭모를 눈물 만이 아른거리네

Tears wet my eyes, but I don't know why

작은 가슴을 모두 모두어

I gather my small heart together

시를 써봐도 모자란 당신

And write a poem, but its not enough to describe you

먼지가 되어 날아가야지

I'll become dust and fly away

바람에 날려 당신 곁으로

Fly away in the wind, to your side

Guest kimjohnhyun

hey people watching this drama.. how are you getting subs? T.T Darksmurfs' take down their MIDAS thread... they said SBS told them to.....

please help.. i really wanted to watch this drama..

Guest Asianatic

@13musi

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post the song lyrics. It's so nice of you. 

Hmmmmmmmm The becoming dust part is making me sad. 

Wondering what will happen. I really want  JY to fall in love with MG. DH can have her after he dies. 

Guest infifinity

hey people watching this drama.. how are you getting subs? T.T Darksmurfs' take down their MIDAS thread... they said SBS told them to.....

please help.. i really wanted to watch this drama..

I watched till ep 7 with eng subs now on Viki.com.... they are pretty fast in subbing

Guest iluvemdan

Hi everyone!

I'm a new member in this thread, but just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your lovely posts here! I've really enjoyed reading everyone's input :) I just started watching Midas last week, and am completely caught up now... and I really, really like the drama so far. I think the story is really interesting, and there have been quite a few unexpected things that have happened in the drama as well. There are so many good actors too! I've heard so much about Jang Hyuk, but this is my first time seeing him act and he has already impressed me... same with Kim Hee Ae. I've seen Lee Min Jung before and I really like her character in Midas; definitely not the submissive type, she just seems so genuine and I love that about her. And of course, like so many of you here, I really like Noh Min Woo's character as well blush.gif was not too fond of the whole 'playboy' look at first, but especially after him meeting Jong Yeon... he has become one of my favourites!

I am really excited to see how the story is going to develop, what is going to happen to In Hye... I think her desire for money is overwhelming the care she has for Myung Joon and Mi Ran; it's starting to become less about upholding her side of the family and more about just growing in terms of wealth... and I wonder how far Do Hyun is going to go with all of this. He definitely does have a weak part with Jong Yeon and her father, but right now, I think he is just so overcome by all his success... we shall see what happens.

I really liked the Jong Yeon-Do Hyun pairing, but... I actually really like Myung Joon-Jong Yeon too blush.gif haha... especially because it seems like we are going to be seeing more of them together in the future episodes! I just hope that the PDs and writers do not ignore that line of the story and we can see something developing... I am not sure if it will go as far that Myung Joon and Jong Yeon will be together in the end, but I really do like their pairing and I want to see more development blush.gif

Phew... I wrote too much, apologise for all the rambling! I can't wait for Episode 8 on Monday, I wish there was a preview for it! Looking forward to posting here more ^^

Ammu

About DH's accident:

I can see how both IH and the 2nd brother would have motives:

The brother did warn DH, telling him that when he gets his inheritance, DH won't have the authority he's currently enjoying, all the benefits he has. He could have been wanting to take the guy out of the picture or give a warning with that car accident...

The reason I think it might not be him though, is because of his hot temper and habit to blurb his truth to everyone's face. Whatever he does, he does it in plain sight, to the person's face, not in their back. He has a hard time hiding his intentions.

IH: I think she's the one behind the accident of DH. Why? She's a control freak, and has already made it clear that DH's fiancee stands on the way and is hindrance. She had wanted from the beginning to break them up. The expensive necklace wasn't a genuine gift or mistake on her part. She's smart, and was counting on DH's gf reaction. She purposely kept him from seeing his girlfriend in Busan. She acknowledge her intent to have them break up to her brother. Following that logic, and the fact that she had intended to use DH as soon as she read his dissertation (law school), I believe she had him be in an accident for the sole purpose of highjacking his marriage, of preventing him from getting married.

Her sounding worried on the phone was... a cover at best. And a natural following up on the damages done. Just my 2 cents. :)

Guest lucky_moon

Text preview for Ep8 in Hangul, need translation.

연은 명준에게 진통제를 투약해 주며 힘들지 않냐고 묻는다. 명준은 남은 시간도 얼마 없는 놈이 왜 쓸데없는 짓 하냐.. 그거냐고 언성을 높인다. 이에 정연은 솔직히 부자는 괜히 부자가 아니라는걸 느꼈다면서 여전히 돈버는 일에 집착 하는걸 보면 부자는 정말 피가 다른 사람들인가 싶다고 말한다. 한편, 옥상에서 도현이 혼자 상념에 잠겨 있는데 선뜻 빠져 나갈 방법이 떠오르지 않아 마음이 착잡하다. 순간 인혜에게서 전화가 오고 오늘 스케쥴이 어떻게 되냐고 묻는디. 도현은 대학 동기들의 미팅이 잡혀 있다고 말하자, 약속을 취소하고 나 좀 만나자고 하는데.. 도현은 뭔가 예감이 좋지 않다.

IH is a complex character, so it's hard to know which of her various facets is the "true" one, but I'm inclined to put most weight on what she says to her brother, who seems to be the person who knows her best, as well as being closest to her emotionally.

For instance, she was pretty open with MJ about how she planned to use DH, the "racehorse" who she's "put her money on" and who she has to make sure doesn't "look around" at JY and so take his eyes of the "finishing post". That's a clear enough confession of her intentions and motives there, and there's no reason why she should explain herself that way to her brother if she didn't mean what she tells him.

That's one of the two remarks by his sister that MJ flashes back to near the end of ep 7, after JY has talked about getting vengeance on IH, then left the house. His other flashback before he runs to catch her up is maybe an even more revealing insight into IH's motives (and this time it's a flashback to a scene we already saw shortly before in the same episode, which is a pretty strong hint that this really matters).

It's where he has asked her why she is so driven. He reminds her she's already been brilliantly successful in her own right, and on top of that she now stands to inherit fabulous wealth from their father. So why "wear herself out" with further schemes and efforts? (We sense that at the back of his mind his awareness of his own likely early death makes him think his sister is especially foolish as devoting her own span of life to things that can bring her no more usable wealth than she already has).

Her answer is very plain. She is driven (she admits that some people would call it a pathological compulsion) by a "hunger" or "craving" to wipe out the pain of the humiliation she and her brother (along with their mother) suffered in childhood at the hands of their "legitimate" older siblings. All she knows is this craving: she "doesn't know where it will take her" or when she will feel she can stop. Whatever else this is, it isn't a simple greed for money, except maybe as a means to power to inflict damage on the people she so hates, which possibly, to judge from the conversation between IH and MJ at their mother's grave, includes their father.

The way that MJ has these flashbacks before running to catch up with JY and suggest they "make a deal" suggests something significant about why he might be prepared to enter into that "deal".

It's plain that MJ dearly loves his sister (he's doubtless the only person who does, now that their mother is dead). So why would he entertain the notion of helping JY take vengeance on her? I think a clue lies in the way the writer has set up a very clear parallel between the question JY asks him now and the question that IH asked DH on the boat at Busan. In Busan, IH asked DH if he would "cast aside any obstacle from his past" even if that obstacle was JY. Now JY asks MJ is he's prepared to make a vengeance pact with her, even if it's directed against IH.

We can see why the idea of a vengeance pact with MJ appeals to JY. The prospect of turning him against the sister who loves him dearly offers her a chance to inflict on IH pain of the kind IH brought to her by luring DH away. That is IH's only vulnerable side, and MJ offers him a way to strike at IH's sole vulnerable spot. But why would want to do that? My guess is that it's because he wants to save his sister from herself, to thwart that "pathological compulsion" she herself talked about, and which he thinks is devouring her life the same way that the cancer is devouring his body. He will split IH from DH and from Lone Asia and all it represents, just as IH split DH from JY. But where IH's aim was ruthlessly (though suavely) selfish, his aim is based on love for his sister, his sense of what she needs rather than what she wants. The neat thing, plot-wise, is that this gives him a way of furthering his new love for JY and his long-standing love for IH through one and the same course of actions.

But we'll soon see...

Archived