★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Personally im not too cool with Big Bang being all cocky and arrogant. Thats one of the first things in american rap that turned me off. I hope they become cooler with their thinking. I understand they are upset because of the criticism that they have gotten. But I really hope the arrogance blows over. I doubt it will though. Anyways I hope for cool beats and nice harmonies on this new album.

like the ok bang from taiwan?  could you give some BB wannabe :)

can anyone give me the site of bestiz?

Actually the group OK Bang which I think you are refering to isnt the big bang wannabe group. I heard their songs sounds nothing like BB. There is one singer in particular that did take a couple of big bang beats. But it wasnt a group. I wish people stop listening to everything allkpop prints. Sometimes they are wrong.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally im not too cool with Big Bang being all cocky and arrogant. Thats one of the first things in american rap that turned me off. I hope they become cooler with their thinking. I understand they are upset because of the criticism that they have gotten. But I really hope the arrogance blows over. I doubt it will though. Anyways I hope for cool beats and nice harmonies on this new album.

Actually the group OK Bang which I think you are refering to isnt the big bang wannabe group. I heard their songs sounds nothing like BB. There is one singer in particular that did take a couple of big bang beats. But it wasnt a group. I wish people stop listening to everything allkpop prints. Sometimes they are wrong.

Hi,

i personally think BIGBANG is just trying to voice their opinions through their lyrics but i do understand that this might come as very cocky to some. They cant please everyone, its the same thing when i say I dont like how these other BOY GROUPS come out with cheesy songs and dance steps. What may be arrogant to you is called CONFIDENCE to us and just like you i doubt if they would even tone that down. They know what they want and they can deliver the goods. So no complaints from me.

As for OK BANG, we actually have settled that before that the group just danced to one of BB's song and that doesnt mean they are wannabes.

Hi,

i personally think BIGBANG is just trying to voice their opinions through their lyrics but i do understand that this might come as very cocky to some. They cant please everyone, its the same thing when i say I dont like how these other BOY GROUPS come out with cheesy songs and dance steps. What may be arrogant to you is called CONFIDENCE to us and just like you i doubt if they would even tone that down. They know what they want and they can deliver the goods. So no complaints from me.

As for OK BANG, we actually have settled that before that the group just danced to one of BB's song and that doesnt mean they are wannabes.

Yeah its still a bit cocky for me. But I understand they are angry about the criticism. If somebody criticized me id be angry as well. And im glad people understand about OK Bang because I didnt want the wrong people to get the blame. Its bad enough that somebody printed the wrong article about them. But im actually looking forward to the albums that are coming. I just kinda hope for a glimpse of what got me liking the group in the first place. Just that little reminder of like yeah this takes me back.

Guest toozdae08

I think the song is arrogant but I think that's what GTOP wanted to portray. PPL take hits at them all the time, esp GD, and this is a song letting people know that yeah they have haters and some people don't like them but they're doing great and they love themselves and that's all that matters. We know that they aren't like that all the time, but they are very confident guys. I would understand if they had an album that was all about them bragging but this is one song off an album full of songs. Also, bragging is a fundamental part of hip hop (not a main part but a very big part considering the whole idea of rap battles and that rap is based off the inner city game called the dozens where u trade insults) and I'm not upset that they have a cocky hater comeback song. Every rapper needs an "Imma beast" type of song.

*anyway, I thumbed you up because I feel you have the right to say your opinion even though I disagree.

Guest propera898

TOP looks so hot in the Hwangssabu photo update xD awww i love how he looks!

and the one supporting the singer !

so much TOP this days! thanks Hwangssabu :D

He looks so slender and tsk has dark circles ...

he is seriously making me fall madly for him lol xD

Guest shinhdeplol

Big Bang to hold "2011 Big Show" concert in February!

Big Bang's February 1st comeback has the music industry crackling with anticipation, and it's about to go ablaze with YG Entertainment's newest announcement that the group will host a concert as well.

Big Bang will be holding their "2011 Big Show" concert from February 25th to the 27th. The "Big Show" began back in 2008, and has developed into an annual brand concert filled with impressive performances. This concert has since earned much attention from not only celebrities, but industry representatives as well.

The G-Dragon and T.O.P unit, the first act to officially kick off Big Bang's return, will be releasing two songs off their single on December 15th, which will be followed by the duo's official release on the 24th.

source : allkpop

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

Guest shinhdeplol

pp10120700013.jpg

YG Family Concert: YG Has Come a Long Way

"Eun-joo, I love you," a man confessed during the "YG Family Concert" held in Jamsil Olympic Gymnastic Stadium in Seoul on December 5. It is the man who sang "Smoke of The Devil" but not it's original singer Yang Hyun-suk, the owner of YG Entertainment ("YG" in short) but Seungri from boy band Big Bang. Before and after that, another Big Bang member Daesung sang Wheesung's "With Me" and T.O.P and G-Dragon performed Jinusean's "Phone Number." Till the very end of the show, the first generation of YG singers such as Yang, Jinusean and Teddy did not appear on stage but the three-hour concert was already packed enough with hit songs by singers such as Gummy, Se7en, Big Bang, 2NE1 and PSY. 15 years has passed since YG Entertainment has launched and it has certainly grown large.

But the "YG Family Concert" was not about scale. The real fun lied in its diversity; from Yang Hyun-suk's "Smoke of the Devil" to 2NE1's "Can't Nobody," and from Gummy's "I'm Sorry" to PSY's "Entertainer." Each and every singer had something unique to offer. If it were Big Bang and 2NE1 that succeeded in eliciting shouts of joy from the crowd, the finishing touch came from Gummy and PSY who 'completed' the concert. While Gummy's powerful vocals as she sang "Loveless," with a rock arrangement, overwhelmed the crowd, her singing sentimental piece "We Should Have Become Friends At Least" with 2NE1 provided a rare moment of serenity to the excited stadium. The duet performance of "You & I" by Gummy and Park Bom also brought out kinship between senior and junior singers of YG Family followed by Big Bang's performance. PSY who had already performed with four other teams in the beginning of the concert, wrapped up the first half of the show with a bang by marking a climax with his songs "Entertainer" and "RIGHT NOW." PSY rightfully proved his ability to drive the audience wild, the rawness that differentiates him from the YG's past styles, confirming that he was the last piece of the puzzle that the YG Family needed.

Secrets of YG Family's Power: Diversity

SM Entertainment is a village of idols. JYP Entertainment is a nation that Park Jin-young set up. And YG is like one big family that allows different people come together. From Yang to Min-ji of 2NE1, YG has continuously expanded its horizon while at the same time, maintaining its identity. To show the world that there is more to YG than just hip-hop music, they admitted Gummy, Wheesung and Big Mama and in the era of idols, the company introduced Big Bang and 2NE1. Most singers that join YG tend to stay there for a long time and take part in managing the company years later or become producers themselves while singers with different characteristics walk paths of their own choices.

When the crowd cheered for G-Dragon and T.O.P as they sang to "Ppuk-i-gayo," one of the tracks to their upcoming joint-project album, it was not just their star quality that made the crowd go crazy. They created images for themselves through individual projects, developing on their musical tastes through singles released outside of their five-member group. The sharp and fancy rap of G-Dragon and the heavy, rough rap by T.O.P complemented each other perfectly; as was the stage performance in which G-Dragon busily roamed around the entire stage while T.O.P. stood still but knew when to strike with a memorable gesture. That is why they are family -- not because they are the same but because they are different, because they create synergy when Gummy and Park Bom, or G-Dragon and T.O.P. are put together. And what ties them together can ultimately goes down to YG's history of maintaining a family-like structure. When Se7en started singing "Please Come Back" and wore Heelys in the middle of the song, the audience cheered at him. YG's identity lies in the fact that Se7en has remained with YG since his debut in 2003 and was the main speaker for the encore performances.

Dazzling, diverse but in focus

YG Family's tradition of strong individuality stemmed from Yang Hyun-suk, on the other hand, was also a setback for the latest concert. Because the stage had to cover singers of all genres, it was impossible to go any further than making the stage large enough for running around. The job of sound mixing was tricky given the different style of each singer and how they mix MR with live band depending on the song. So while the stage did an excellent job of bringing out powerful sounds like drums and electric guitar that clearly differentiated the high and low tones, it left room for improvement on bringing out the details of those sounds. And many times, the vocals of the artists got lost in other sound effects.

But that being said, the "YG Family Concert" by all means was not the kind that becomes less appealing because of a couple of problems. Big Bang practically flew about the stage, while T.O.P brought the house down by occasionally getting so close to the audience that he practically stuck his face in front of theirs. Se7en led his stage with ease and suaveness, presenting songs which were a well-made mixture of dance number and R&B. And as for PSY, he just drove the audience to the hilt with few words. The stage drew the best result it could given its limit as a joint concert. The screen on stage, where black was used a bit too much, boasted high quality while the giant screen in the center adorned imagery that suited each stage. The splendid harmony of lights and colors at every corner of the stage, thanks to the efforts of the stage producers, helped create the mood for the concert. This coupled with light sticks shinning either for Big Bang or Se7en showed the concert the way it is -- dazzling, diverse, but staying in focus. And yes, this is how far YG, or rather its family, has come.

source : asiae

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

A very very interesting article about YG concert :wub:

Guest juang_bb

^^^ awesome article is awesome!!!

i love whoever wrote that! :D

"They created images for themselves through individual projects, developing on their musical tastes through singles released outside of their five-member group"

"The sharp and fancy rap of G-Dragon and the heavy, rough rap by T.O.P complemented each other perfectly"

"G-Dragon busily roamed around the entire stage while T.O.P. stood still but knew when to strike with a memorable gesture"

"Big Bang practically flew about the stage"

my small contribution to the thread: a Fan Account! ^_^ Since I haven't asked for permission to post the actual entry, I'll only post the link (and I think, out of courtesy, if you want to share the fan account, to just post the link to keep the contents of her blog on her blog).

Anyway, its just a short fan account, but interesting none the less.

FAN ACCOUNT.

I don't want to bring about a depressing mood but I'm really concerned about something. With Big Bang's comeback set and TOP and GD's activities coming even sooner, I thought that maybe the VIPs that "left" would come back. I compulsively check their cafe daum numbers and to my dismay, they continue to drop. Big Bang dropped to under 350 000.

I really want them to recieve the support that they did the previous times. I'd hate for something like what happened to seven happen to them! DDD:

Guest Michala01

I don't want to bring about a depressing mood but I'm really concerned about something. With Big Bang's comeback set and TOP and GD's activities coming even sooner, I thought that maybe the VIPs that "left" would come back. I compulsively check their cafe daum numbers and to my dismay, they continue to drop. Big Bang dropped to under 350 000.

I really want them to recieve the support that they did the previous times. I'd hate for something like what happened to seven happen to them! DDD:

Cafe numbers aren't an indication of much. There are groups with good cafe numbers but then when they release an album they sell jack richard simmons. 

I don't think there's any reason to worry at this stage smile.gif

Guest Michala01

^^^

I might get bricked for this but I have to agree to some extent with what she said about the guys and the organization of the concert in general. Now I'm not blaming them at all but they looked tired at times most definitely. 

GD especially seemed to lack that spark he usually has. It was there at times but at other times he seemed to be going through the motions and looked tired. I'm sure they are super tired though, preparing for the album and what not so I totally understand. Plus the YG concert had a different feel to a Big Show, totally different and honestly as much as I love it, I prefer it when they perform on their own. 

That's just my two cents from all the fancams I watched. 

Guest miamiana

OMG thank you so so so much for sharing!!!!!!!!!! ^3^ ♥♥♥ ^3^

The boys look great!!!!!!!!! now i have to watch every fancams [that u shared ^^]

YG rock!!!!!!!! ^O^

oh and in Bbogi gayo is it just me or they really did remix it? ^^

@taintedtears Honestly, I worry too. They're at 348k+ right now for fancafe numbers and that about 2k less than last week. Maybe some got tired of waiting for their return since YG didn't do as promised and returned this 2010 and shifted favorites. Maybe it's something else entirely. Like they don't like GTOP's new hairdos. LOL.

But, BB promotions aren't on full swing yet so let's wait and see before we get ahead of ourselves. We don't know why this is happening but I'm still hopeful that Big Bang will regain more fancafe members too. I hope Korea realizes what a gem they have in Big Bang and support them when they come back again in full.

I guess it's inevitable that some people move on from the fandom because so many new groups are present. And as Michala has posted above, fancafe numbers aren't indicative of sales anyway.

^^^

I might get bricked for this but I have to agree to some extent with what she said about the guys and the organization of the concert in general. Now I'm not blaming them at all but they looked tired at times most definitely. 

GD especially seemed to lack that spark he usually has. It was there at times but at other times he seemed to be going through the motions and looked tired. I'm sure they are super tired though, preparing for the album and what not so I totally understand. Plus the YG concert had a different feel to a Big Show, totally different and honestly as much as I love it, I prefer it when they perform on their own. 

That's just my two cents from all the fancams I watched. 

THIS. I thought I was alone in this. I love all the concepts and the homage to old YG groups as well. I can't totally judge this concert since I wasn't there but I feel like the concert was hurried and Big Bang boys were not as well prepared as say Big Show stage or even for their Kpop night appearance or their MAMA stage. I know it's not fair to compare since they had limited time onstage but I can't help but feel this concert was a bit half-assed? Like not enough time was given for them to practice as a group.

About GD, the times that I feel he was most into it was when he was performing Knocking Out with TOP. I have a feeling Big Bang boys are also a bit bored of performing old songs too. And Bae and Dae were very busy and most likely tired by their promos since they are the most active for 2010. So, they're obviously the most strained for this concert. Dae sounded ok to me though for his solo. I want Dae and Bae to get some rest soon so that their comeback stage will be wonderful. But YG scheduling Big Show so soon is making me afraid for their health as well.

Oh well, we'll see.

Anyway, the best family ever. Though I wish everyone was there including the sunbaes/old school YG.

20pd98p.jpg

Credit: ganzi78@twitter.com

Guest miamiana

i was a bit angry too when i found out that they are not gonna comeback this year as YG promised. but i dont mind GTOP's hairdos ^o^

i miss them but i dont want them to comeback with a rush. many can see the tiredness they are having lately. i just want everything to be taken carefully so that their comeback will be pefect.

i want to see them as playful as they are on stage

2djvyau.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is one of my fav gifs ^o^

29fchfp.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Guest darkaz619

yeah like @Michala01 said having good cafe numbers don't mean they buy their music.

just look at 2AM their fancafe not big as Beast or 2PM but they sold more music than them.

so don't worry about it fancafe is like facebook for me anybody can click like button.

Archived