[SUB-UNIT] ♪♬♪ GD & TOP ♪♬♪

leslie_lei

Guest candyapple1111

ITA CL

This album is different then the style and sound of BB and none of the title tracks would fit on their album. They are 5 people with different ideas about the music they want to make and this was GDTOP chance to do any and everything.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sakime-yong

Sometimes I do find it really hard and a disadvantage for BB THE HIGH EXPECTATION OF THE FANS :crazy:

Although it will turn out good, sometimes it's not.

NOw all I want is for GTOP to realease their next MV.

from the looks of the chart hmmmm I think OY seems doing well that HH. I do hope they will climb higher but from the looks of it. Its much better than it will rank lower than 10 :vicx:

But Like somoene said after GD releasing or updating something then this thread go back to where it used to be ....sileeeeent.....

i like high high more...its more catchier to me =/

although i love bom's feature in the Oh Yeah song cuz it brings back memories from Forever With You, it's not as good as Forever with you...

Guest shinhdeplol

Jiyong updated his me2day :w00t:

gdragon129299082960094m.jpg

^ He looks like coming from Harry Potter :lol: :lol: And what is this "doll" ???? :lol:

The MV should be coming soon since GTOP is constantly updating about it :w00t:

Guest juang_bb

ohhh im loving how GTOP especially GD have been all active on me2day again!!! more updates pls?!? LOL! :lol: im greedy like that... :P

since TOP's there... of course having a BEARBRICK in the MV is a must! lol. that bearbrick looks cute yet kinda freaky... and so is GD's hair! lmao! :lol: even with that fro... he's been giving us so many different variety! so far i like it pulled up best like the one in inki and ygfam concert. :D

i hope Tabi updates his me2day soon too!

vvv OMG!!! those photos.... :wub: so HOTTT!!!! :wub: our BAMFs lookin so damn FINE!!! waiting for HQ scans!!! :D

Guest shinhdeplol

GD&TOP’s album receives 200,000 pre-orders

It’s become one of the most anticipated releases of the year, and recently, YG Entertainment provided a figure to show how big GD&TOP’s debut album could be.

They revealed to Money Today Star News, “The duo’s first album will be released offline on the 24th. As of today, the 22nd, we are surprised to have already received 200,000 pre-orders. This is more than the pre-orders of any past Big Bang album. The window for pre-orders is open until the 23rd, and we expect the sales figure to increase.”

The incredible response to GD&TOP’s unit album is credited to the pre-release of the singles “High High” and “Oh Yeah”, in addition to their SBS “Inkigayo” performance.

It’s also been a long wait for Big Bang fans, as it’s been quite a while since members of the group collaborated to deliver a non-solo release.

Source + Photo: Star News via Daum

Taken from: Allkpop

This is more than the pre-orders of any past Big Bang album <- this makes me feel so happy for GTOP and also sooooo excited for BB comeback w00t.gif Their pre-orders then will be times greater than this w00t.gif

Good news keeps coming :P

Guest Michala01

I'm happy to see the orders are high. Whilst pre-orders obviously don't equate to sales, it's a good sign that there is huge interest in the album. 

I've preordered my copies. biggrin.gif

Guest juang_bb

200K pre-orders?!?! that's really A LOT!!! like wayyy more than i expected. i honestly was expecting probably around 100-150k pre-orders and maybe about 70-100k actual sales. well that's coz i was basing it on the fact that the album isnt exactly pop-mainstream, and like what we've discussed... promotions are unconventional and not really full-blown, and lastly, it's GD&TOP unit that came out of nowhere.

well... im still sticking with my actual sales estimate, coz anything more than that is just icing in the cake. like what i said, im not really expecting much from this project album in terms of sales numbers, so this news is really a pleasant surprise for me. :)

200K pre-orders?!?! that's really A LOT!!! like wayyy more than i expected. i honestly was expecting probably around 100-150k pre-orders and maybe about 70-100k actual sales. well that's coz i was basing it to the fact that the album isnt exactly pop-mainstream, and like what we've discussed... promotions are unconventional and not really full-blown, and lastly, it's GD&TOP unit that came out of nowhere.

well... im still sticking with my actual sales estimate, coz anything more than that is just icing in the cake. like what i said, im not really expecting much from this project album in terms of sales numbers, so this news is really a pleasant surprise for me. :)

Agree. This album is ANYTHING but mainstream and G-TOP still getting 200K in pre sales. Thats GREAT!!! cause like you said I love G-TOP but I didn't expect the album to be getting this much attention. :D Seems like others are finally supporting new fresh types of music! YAY KPOP!!

Guest doublehh03

GD&TOP’s album receives 200,000 pre-orders

It’s become one of the most anticipated releases of the year, and recently, YG Entertainment provided a figure to show how big GD&TOP’s debut album could be.

They revealed to Money Today Star News, “The duo’s first album will be released offline on the 24th. As of today, the 22nd, we are surprised to have already received 200,000 pre-orders. This is more than the pre-orders of any past Big Bang album. The window for pre-orders is open until the 23rd, and we expect the sales figure to increase.”

The incredible response to GD&TOP’s unit album is credited to the pre-release of the singles “High High” and “Oh Yeah”, in addition to their SBS “Inkigayo” performance.

It’s also been a long wait for Big Bang fans, as it’s been quite a while since members of the group collaborated to deliver a non-solo release.

Source + Photo: Star News via Daum

Taken from: Allkpop

This is more than the pre-orders of any past Big Bang album <- this makes me feel so happy for GTOP and also sooooo excited for BB comeback w00t.gif Their pre-orders then will be times greater than this w00t.gif

Good news keeps coming :P

great news. if gd/top's album gets 200k in pre-orders, i expect BB's pre-orders to exceed 300k.

however, just to clarify, pre-orders don't mean albums sold. it's just the #s of albums that will be shipped. usually, you sell at least 50% of your pre-orders initially.

2NE1 got like 120k pre-orders but they have only sold 60k or so of their album.

snsd got like 150k for their hoot album and they only sold 80-90k of that.

but still, it won't surprise me if gd/top gets the MOST ALBUMS sold and they released it in the LAST week of the month. i still remember last year super junior got the most albums sold, and then GD released his heartbreaker album and took over.

what i'm looking forward is whether Big bang's album can exceed 500k in album sales like TVXQ.

can't believe after a 2-yr hiatus, the korean fans still give them this much love.

200K pre-orders?!?! that's really A LOT!!! like wayyy more than i expected. i honestly was expecting probably around 100-150k pre-orders and maybe about 70-100k actual sales. well that's coz i was basing it on the fact that the album isnt exactly pop-mainstream, and like what we've discussed... promotions are unconventional and not really full-blown, and lastly, it's GD&TOP unit that came out of nowhere.

you're right, it's not the typical "idol" music that we have seen from korean artists. but this is big bang we are talking about. they don't do the typical stuff.

and just to add, anything g-dragon puts his hands on, it sells. heartbreaker i think has sold more than 200k and was the best selling album last year in just 3 months of release.

if it sells more than 100k, big bang's album will sell at least 200k .

Guest omgshinshin

2NE1 got like 120k pre-orders but they have only sold 60k or so of their album.

That's what Hanteo told you.

Anyways, seems like kVIPs are still supporting the duo even with all these complaints. Plus the masses anticipating it. And the added bulk of the international fans.

A good figure for a music that ain't mainstream.

I'm expecting some haters. I wonder how long they will take? Haha.

Guest doublehh03

That's what Hanteo told you.

Anyways, seems like kVIPs are still supporting the duo even with all these complaints. Plus the masses anticipating it. And the added bulk of the international fans.

A good figure for a music that ain't mainstream.

I'm expecting some haters. I wonder how long they will take? Haha.

hanteo or not, you NEVER sell all of your pre-orders (you might over time, but not at the immediate). it's the same thing as in america. albums get certified a certain amount of shipments, but the actual sales are never the same.

200k pre-orders mean the anticipation is EXTREMELY high. and i think this is the 2nd highest pre-orders after JYJ's the beginning.

but thinking about it, what you are saying might be true in korea. taeyang's solar album sold like 30k the first day (and not counting since) and yet i don't see it in the top 10 hanteo albums at all (and they have some albums selling 20k).

Guest juang_bb

^^^Hanteo never counts the TOTAL ACTUAL SALES, but they cover MOST of it. the lack of an actual overall chart in Korea like what BILLBOARD is in the US and ORICON in Japan is the problem (GAON still has lots to work on to be really credible). we have to base it all off on Hanteo to at least get a close estimate on the actual figure and have a basis of comparision among the albums released by different artists.

and i agree... actual sales are usually less than pre-orders and if it does exceed the pre-orders, it usually takes some time and the album's probably a total hit.

if anything, pre-orders are really just a good sign of how much interest the album generates.

Archived