Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

anonymous asked:

How do I get over IHYV? I've gone through crazy livestreams, endless IHYV marathons, and I still can't get over the fact that it is one of the most beautifully written korean dramas :'( I've tried watching other k-dramas post-IHYV. But until now, no drama can satisfy me like IHYV did (still does to this day)

hitoritabi

I don’t know!!! I think it will take a lot to top IHYV for me.

The truth is, the more I think about IHYV (and the more I rewatch it), the more I fall in love with it. It is a drama who has a fundamental belief in forgiveness, but takes few easy way outs to get there. It understands that humans go through anger and grief and all of it is handled tastefully instead of endless slow-motion weeping sessions.

It understands that we need a female lead who takes no richard simmons from others, a male lead who never wavers in his love. A second female lead can be smart and confident and vulnerable too, she can be loved too. A second male lead can be noble and helpful, to the point which even the lead says he is not as good. A villain can be truly terrifying, representing the dark side of our hero, but we can come to understand him a little in the end.

People say that the law aspects was weak — and I am not blind to its faults — but when it tells such a complete story from beginning to end. All the little pieces fitting together — the story about the prince being woven all across the story — all the characters owning a special place in my heart… I find it hard to nitpick.

I just want to go back and watch some more of their shenanigans. I just want to be a fly on the wall and watch Sooha and Hyesung bicker over breakfast and kiss each other silly. I want to watch Kwanwoo walk up to Doyeon and whisk her off her feet. It is a world that is not afraid to face the darkness, but believes in the light in the end of the tunnel. It believes in forgiveness, but a forgiveness that has weight, a forgiveness that comes from seeing how painful the other options are.

This is why it is the best drama this year for me — more complete than even School 2013 (which is the runner-up) — because it was honest and genuine and fresh, without being cold or alienating.

~*~*~*~*~*~

P.S. It was not highly anticipated, it began with average ratings, and then it just climbed and climbed and climbed. The gap between the nationwide ratings and the Seoul ratings show that it was loved all across the country. People don’t understand how popular this drama was, being parodied across the board even without going to promote on most variety shows. (The only one was Hwashin.) It was a miracle, and SBS should remember it, but I know it won’t give it its due credit. I am just glad it will remain in our hearts.

amyhsk:

IHYV is the best K drama I have ever watched. It made me reflect on so many things in my life than I could ever imagine before watching it. I have rewatched it many times already, and I will rewatch it again and again.

I am not exaggerating when I said its themes on forgiveness and choices had a profound effect on my life. 

And the extended ending did not ruin the drama (unlike so many other popular K dramas), the extension completed it. It was perfectly done. 

HanCinema :: The Korean Movie and Drama Database, discover the South Korean cinema and drama diversity

Will Lee Jong-suk become 'Doctor Stranger'?

Source | 2013/12/05

photo377998.jpg

Actor Lee Jong-suk is considering taking part in a future SBS drama, tentatively named "Doctor Stranger".

Lee's agency, Wellmade Entertainment, said that the actor has been offered a role in the drama and has received a script. 

However, the agency declined to comment further in regard to the drama. 

The medical series will tell the story of a doctor named Park Hun from North Korea who ran away from the repressive regime. Lee was offered the role of Park.

The drama is scheduled to go on the air in March, after "Kind Words" completes its run. 

By Lee Sun-min

http://www.hancinema.net/will-lee-jong-suk-become-doctor-stranger--63487.html

logo.png

Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk Top List of Stars Who Brightened Up 2013

Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk were selected by a survey as the top stars who lit up the year.

Dec 7, 2013 09:46 AM GMT

Photo by Vogue Girl Korea

Models-turned-actors and real life best buds Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk were recently selected as the top "Stars Who Lit Up 2013".

Cable channel Y-Star's "Gunggeumta" organized a year-end survey to determine the top 10 stars that made 2013 brighter and more interesting. Kim Woo Bin claimed the number 1 spot while his close friend Lee Jong Suk trailed in second place.

Both Kim Woo Bin and Lee Jong Suk made a huge splash this year with their breakthrough in the acting industry. Kim Woo Bin stars in the top-rating drama "The Heirs", where he plays rich bad boy Young Do. He also starred in the blockbuster film "Friends 2". Lee Jong Suk, on the other hand, earned the hearts of many Korean viewers in his role in the award-winning SBS drama "I Hear Your Voice" and the movie "No Breathing".

Jung Woo, who was known for his portrayal of Trash in the tvN drama "Reply 1994" place third. Other stars who secured spots in the top 10 are Yoon Min Soo, Yoon Hoo, Sam Hammington, Hyungsik. Shin Dong Yup, and Yoo Hee Yeol.

The official list will be revealed on "Gunggeumta's" broadcast on December 8. 

http://uk.kpopstarz.com/articles/1448/20131207/kim-woo-bin-lee-jong-suk-top-list-stars-who.htm