Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Lee Jong Suk Transforms Into A Piano-Playing Gentleman For âRomance Is A Bonus Bookâ

Lee Jong Suk Transforms Into A Piano-Playing Gentleman For “Romance Is A Bonus Book”

Jan 27, 2019
by K. Lew

Lee Jong Suk has fans’ hearts fluttering in new photos from “Romance is a Bonus Book”!

On January 27, the actor shared photos from the drama on his Instagram, commenting, “Hehehehehe.” In the photos, he wears a clean-cut suit and plays on a white grand piano outdoors, surrounded by bouquets of flowers.

“Romance is a Bonus Book” is a romantic comedy about Kang Dan Yi (played by Lee Na Young), an unemployed woman who ends up working as a temporary employee at a publishing company and Cha Eun Ho (played by Lee Jong Suk), the publishing company’s editor-in-chief.

The drama premiered on January 26 and is set to air every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1299113wpp/lee-jong-suk-transforms-piano-playing-gentleman-romance-bonus-book

• Like 2

DRAMA: Romance Is A Bonus Book Ep. 2

Original Article: [sports seoul] 'Romance Is A Bonus Book' Lee Nayoung Gets Accepted In Lee Jongsuk's Publishing Office... Tears Of Joy

0000469859_001_20190127214614109.jpg?type=w430_q70

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-27%2Bat%2B8.57.26%2BPM.png
1. +841, -41 Oh... I really like this ㅎㅎ It's fun. I really like Lee Jongsuk and Lee Nayoung is really pretty.
2. +261, -23 Lee Nayoung is so cute
3. +211, -13 It's fun! I've decided to watch you during the weekend! ㅋ
4. +187, -18 It's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. +97, -5 The first episode was a little too much, but today was fun. When you're young you just naturally know what a relationship is.
6. +84, -12 Lee Nayoung's comeback is a success!
7. +61, -12 It's getting funner ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Lee Nayoung and Lee Jongsuk's chemistry and visuals are daebak
8. +36, -4 Lee Jongsuk is cool and Lee Nayoung is cute ㅋㅋㅋ They match well 
9. +32, -3 Lee Jongsuk is so handsome
10. +29, -2 It was so so fun for me ㅎㅎ
11. +18, -3 Today was fun, Lee Jongsuk's handsome

Original Article: [sports seoul] 'Romance Is A Bonus Book' Lee Nayoung, Stays At Lee Jongsuk's House

0000469861_001_20190127224556304.jpg?type=w540

0000469861_002_20190127224556391.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-27%2Bat%2B9.05.54%2BPM.png

1. +252, -10 I like that I finally get to watch a non-makjang drama. Lee Jongsuk and Lee Nayoung match much better than I expected. The drama was so fun today.
2. +123, -6 It's a guarantee that it's fun when you have Lee Jongsuk and Lee Nayoung together. When will next week come
3. +51, -3 Freaking fun : But I have to wait for a week again ㅠㅠ
4. +27, -0 Today was a party of Lee Jongsuk's visuals ㅋㅋ It was so fun when Lee Nayoung hid and lived in Lee Jongsuk's house. As expected it's more fun when these two are together
5. +9, -0 I'd like to have a dongsaeng like Cha Eunho too. How am I supposed to wait for a week
  • Like 3

[Spoilers] Romance Is A Bonus Book (Pilot) + Rating

0000948690_001_20190126222610719.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

1-25.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Xports News: ‘Romance is A Bonus Book’ Lee Jong Suk saw Lee Na Young who came for her interview

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000948690

1.[+1183, -95] Today, there was a lot of sad scenes but tomorrow will be fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ romcom romcom

2.[+1107, -83] I feel so bad for Lee Na Young ㅠ I sympathy with her, It’s hard to get a job after getting married and raising a kid ㅠㅠ I also had to give up work and worked part-time jobs so I feel her frustration ㅠㅜ Anyways, Lee Jong Suk is so handsome ㅠㅠ

3.[+879, -112] When Lee Jong Suk calls Lee Na Young ‘noona noona’, It’s so heart fluttering ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I like younger guys ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4.[+448, -94] Lee Jong Suk’s screen time is little ㅜㅜ

5.[+345, -106] The content is obvious ㅜㅜ The success of a housewife who divorced her husband after cheating on her. A younger guy who feels sorry for her will help her. I’m sick of this.

6.[+289, -81] It’s worth watching…

7.[+237, -53] What? I expected more comments..? I find it fun to watch~ When Lee Na Young cried I was touched…how can Lee Na Young be this pretty…I’m curious about tomorrow~

8.[+163, -20] I liked it, it was heart fluttering, the wedding scene was so pretty

9.[+137, -31] A homeless living in a demolished house, an absurd appearance of the sub-man, suddenly spends the night in her friend’s house, it’s overdone and forced

https://www.netizendrama.com/spoilers-romance-is-a-bonus-book-pilot-rating/

• Like 3

0000469861_002_20190127224556391.jpg?type=w5400000469861_001_20190127224556304.jpg?type=w5401-27.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Sports Seoul: ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’ Lee Na Young got caught living in Lee Jong Suk’s house

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000469861

1.[+1844, -85] I liked it, It’s been a long time since I watched a non makjang drama. Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young match each other better than I thought. The drama was fun today

2.[+854, -52] It’s definitely fun when Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young appear together. When will next week come

3.[+576, -46] Ah It had more than 200 comments, where did they go??? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I was looking forward to it, as expected, It was fun. Jong Suk-nim’s visual is on another level and so is Lee Na Young’s beauty…

4.[+443, -35] Every scene was fun today and Lee Jong Suk looks cool whenever he appears!! Romance is A Bonus Book is so fun!!

5.[+363, -25] It’s so fun ᆢI have to wait another week ㅠㅠ

6.[+183, -16] Lee Na Young is seriously a mannequin, I thought she was a doll walking around ᆢ She is so unrealistically pretty, I envy her ㅠ

7.[+154, -9] Today was a party for Lee Jong Suk’s beauty ㅋㅋ Lee Na Young living secretly in Lee Jong Suk’s house was fun. As expected, It’s more fun when they appear together

8.[+133, -7] Sky Castle is fun too but it’s too depressing and it’s sad since it’s realistic…ㅠㅠ Romance is A Bonus Book is a sweet and full of hope drama, that tries to over come things. I like the atmosphere. Lee Na Young and Lee Jong Suk, fighting^^♡

9.[+131, -16] Lee Na Young didn’t age at all…She is so pretty~~

• Like 3

0000469859_001_20190127214614109.jpg?fit=471%2C1024&ssl=1

1-29.png?w=640&ssl=1

Naver – Sports Seoul: ‘Romance Is A Bonus Book’ Lee Na Young got accepted into Lee Jong Suk’s publishing company…Tears of joy

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=468&aid=0000469859

1.[+1123, -64] Oh…I like this ㅎㅎ It’s fun. I really like Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young is so pretty

2.[+634, -36] It’s fun just by looking at their faces. It like watching a man and a woman who came out of comics. Kim Tae Woo calling to tell people they got hired, was so funny ㅎㅎ

3.[+360, -31] Lee Na Young is so cute

4.[+309, -25] It’s fun!! I decided to watch this on the weekends ㅋ

5.[+251, -24] It’s fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6.[+123, -6] The first episode was a little forced but today was fun. After revealing their relationship since childhood, It looked more natural now.

7.[+122, -15] Lee Na Young’s comeback is a success!

8.[+91, -7] Today was fun. I was only watching gun shoots and sword fights, this made me feel relaxed. As expected, You can trust and watch Jong Suk

9.[+82, -2] After giving birth I become a housewife and now that my child has grow up, I wanted to get a job but I realized I had nowhere to submit my resume and no one will hire me…It’s really sad…I also worked hard living my life…

10.[+78, -0] I was moved by Dan Yi’s toughness and desperation ㅠ

Ratings:

E01: 4.3%
E02: (not out yet)

• Like 3

How Does Romance Is A Bonus Book Compare To Younger?

Joan MacDonaldContributor

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjoanmacdonald%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F01%2Fromance-1.jpg

The Korean remake of Younger has many similarities but also some significant differences.

Translating the TV Land hit Younger, which stars Sutton Foster, Nico Tortorella, Hilary Duff, and Debi Mazar, into a Korean drama was never going to be simple, but that’s the task taken on by the new drama Romance Is A Bonus Book, starring Lee Jong Suk and Lee Na Young.

The original comedy-drama was created and produced by Darren Starr and is based on the novel Younger by Pamela Redmond Satran. The k-drama version is produced by Studio Dragon for the Korean television station tvN and features Lee Na Young’s first drama appearance in nine years.

So, how does it compare? Some plot alterations have taken place to appeal to a Korean audience, but it remains a winning story. Spoilers ahead:

The first hurdle a Korean version has to overcome is the fact that Foster’s character Lisa lies about her age. It’s a lot harder to avoid talking about your age in Korea since so much of the way people relate to each other or even speak to each other is based on their relative age. What’s different is that instead of lying about her age, Lee Na Young’s character Kang Dan Bi has to lie about her education and experience, ditching accomplishments rather than years. What’s the same is that both women took time off from their careers to raise a child and that works against them when they apply for a job.

What’s similar to both stories is that the main character lost her home due to her husband’s shortcomings. And in both cases, the financially insecure single mom has a daughter who attends an expensive school. Both women are desperate for a job. What’s different is that Foster’s character has a quirky artist friend who is prepared to share her loft in trendy Williamsburg. Lee Na Young's character has friends but no one offers her a couch, so she is secretly living in Lee Jong Suk’s house. It’s a classic k-drama trope that a man and woman are forced to live together before they find out how well they fit together.

Both women work for a publishing company. In Younger, Foster’s character Lisa wears a fun collection of funky secondhand clothes to her job. That might not work in a Korean office, so a fairy godmother of sorts gets her counterpart some designer clothes. In both cases the clothes make the character look younger than her years.

The biggest difference between the original and the k-drama remake is that Lee Na Young’s character knows her future employer and he is obviously already in love with her. In this drama Lee Jong Suk, who recently played a doomed poet in Hymn of Death, plays the editor-in-chief of the publishing company. His character is five years younger than Lee Na Young's and they've been friends since childhood. In the American story, Younger, Foster’s character is actually the same age as her publisher, although pretending to be younger, but then is considerably older than the young tattoo artist she dates.

In both versions a younger man is interested in an older woman, but given the ages that the characters are supposed to be, Lee Na Young’s character could wind up in  a love triangle with two younger men.  The other romantic possibility is the freelance book designer played by Wi Ha Joon, who is supposed to be eight years younger. By the end of the first episode he’s already charmed Lee Na Young's character by finding her lost heels and slipping them on her feet, Cinderella style.

The younger man character definitely got a makeover in the k-drama version. He's far less edgy than Tortorella’s tattoo artist. Dating a tattoo artist gives Foster’s character an exciting new perspective, so it remains to be seen what Wi Ha Joon’s character will offer.

Lee Jong Suk is a popular actor with a long string of successful k-dramas, including Pinocchio, Doctor Stranger, W and While You Were Sleeping, so this drama is likely to earn good ratings. Even if it veers from the original American story, both stories still offer an important lesson. Judging women negatively for interrupting a career to raise children is short sighted. Raising a child confers many practical skills that can help you succeed in the workplace. Both stories explain why employers should perhaps step beyond simple hiring prejudices and take a chance.

Exactly reproducing Younger would have been impossible, but the k-drama’s compendium of romance, publishing and top stars, is likely to make Romance Is A Bonus Book a hit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2019/01/27/how-does-romance-is-a-bonus-book-compare-to-younger/#1c0c20cb1093

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1