[Drama 2010] Home Sweet Home/My Happy Home 즐거운 나의 집

Guest CricketVK

Hello greenrose & baduy:  It has been a long time since we met up. :D

I was definitely intrigued by the events of episode 1.  But, I couldn't find recaps or subs, so I left the drama alone until WS2 came out with episode 1. 

With some dramas, I can understand a lot of the episode, based on just the action and body language.  But, this one has too many subtleties.  And, as I suspected and confirmed by baduy, the depth of the language provides the flavor for the drama.

This is my first encounter with the actress playing Yoon Hee.  She is quite memorable, in her portrayal of the character. :o

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid I've no time to recap this, for the reasons I explained.

I think several people would jump in their nearest Han-like river if I gave up subbing City of Glass now, at the half-way stage.

But I'm now told HSH/MHH is being subbed on Viki. I didn't see that because I got fed up of that place, like quite a few other Ko-Eng translators whose patience and goodwill were stretched beyond the limit. I'm surprised no-one seems to be ripping the Viki subs as they're doing for some other dramas. Maybe subs are less easily rippable from the new site, but I wouldn't know about that.

But anyway, assuming the subs on VK more or less make sense, they should keep people going on the complexities of the plot, whether or not they keep the zing of the dialog. I've now watched a couple more raws and I'd certainly recommend this drama on the basis of what I've seen so far.

BTW, in case anyone is puzzled, I think the WITHS2 subs are only on VIA, for now at least, so people shouldn't go nagging after them.

Guest Greenrose934

I'm afraid I've no time to recap this, for the reasons I explained.

I think several people would jump in their nearest Han-like river if I gave up subbing City of Glass now, at the half-way stage.

But I'm now told HSH/MHH is being subbed on Viki. I didn't see that because I got fed up of that place, like quite a few other Ko-Eng translators whose patience and goodwill were stretched beyond the limit. I'm surprised no-one seems to be ripping the Viki subs as they're doing for some other dramas. Maybe subs are less easily rippable from the new site, but I wouldn't know about that.

But anyway, assuming the subs on VK more or less make sense, they should keep people going on the complexities of the plot, whether or not they keep the zing of the dialog. I've now watched a couple more raws and I'd certainly recommend this drama on the basis of what I've seen so far.

BTW, in case anyone is puzzled, I think the WITHS2 subs are only on VIA, for now at least, so people shouldn't go nagging after them.

Hello baduy

You know now viki is within limit only for QC ' er ... so what can we do ??

This drama is only 16 episodes ( not like city of glass )

That's OK take your time and have fun :)

Guest adikkeluangman

Super Junior Ryeowook’s ‘Smile Again’ MV revealed

Nearly two weeks ago Super Junior’s talented vocalist Ryeowook released a track titled ‘Smile Again’ for the OST (Soundtrack) of MBC drama “Home Sweet Home.”

Now the MV has been released, which contains various footage from the drama.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/super-junior-ryeowooks-smile-again-mv-revealed

Watch : HERE

You know now viki is within limit only for QC ' er ... so what can we do ??

Is that so now even for unlicensed vids? Or did they get a license for HSH? On the old viikii.net at least I don't think there was anything to stop non QC'ers accessing the unlicensed stuff? But maybe things are different on viki.com?

I notice that the subs for Ep 1 are now on public release at WITHS2, with ep 2 subs in VIA.

The subs so far are are mostly very good, as expected of WITHS2, and should be more than enough to let everyone follow this drama if they continue at the same level. (Alas, most of the subs that have appeared on Viki didn't seem adequate either in coverage or accuracy when last I looked). But whether you're following the Korean or the subs, a lot of attention and concentration is needed to get all the masses of meat our of this drama, and it's not one for watching with half an eye or with one finger on fast forward. In fact, it's one of those that you need to watch at least twice to get everything that's going on and how it hangs together.

Just two episodes to go now, today and tomorrow, and this drama has been so superbly crafted so far that I'd be very surprised if they turned out to be a disappointment. It's a rather sad reflection on the way tastes have been swayed towards the cutesy-whimsical-youthful end of the spectrum that a drama of this quality (in every dimension, though above all in acting and character complexity) has been so generally neglected or ignored, in Korea and worldwide.

I can't believe no one actually mention this drama... I found it through withs2 and I'm really glad they took this up even it's only side project. (: I already love it since 1st episode although Yoon-hee's uneven lipstick annoys a hell out of me, lol.

This must be one of those underrated dramas, uh? Gotta nag my cousins/friends to watch it. c;

They kept up the high quality of his drama right through to the very end and the full revelation of whodunnit and how and why. We knew before the final episode began that the 'who' concerned had a number of so-far-concealed dirty deeds that would have to come out in the finale, but what actually emerged in the last thirty minutes or so was pretty unexpected, yet at the same time it brought a lot of what had previously seemed separate or only weakly related threads together. The outcome of the "romance" strand won't be to everyone's liking, but that, too was very nicely carried through.

One of the all-time great Kdramas, I'd say, and a fine round-off to 2010.

Guest Cnblue.fan

Oh the drama has ended??

i thought it's on it's 10th ep ~ wow

i saw the 1st ep and it's really interesting and waiting for the sub to see the rest ~

They kept up the high quality of his drama right through to the very end and the full revelation of whodunnit and how and why. We knew before the final episode began that the 'who' concerned had a number of so-far-concealed dirty deeds that would have to come out in the finale, but what actually emerged in the last thirty minutes or so was pretty unexpected, yet at the same time it brought a lot of what had previously seemed separate or only weakly related threads together. The outcome of the "romance" strand won't be to everyone's liking, but that, too was very nicely carried through.

One of the all-time great Kdramas, I'd say, and a fine round-off to 2010.

Ah, I was waiting for your opinion on the ending.  Now, I can continue to watch with the assurance that this drama doesn't 'flake' out on us. 

Although, I'm just starting on ep. 3 & 4, I have my bet on who is the Machiavelli behind it all.  But, only because the person is so good in playing this type of role.  So, I may be wrong, yet.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

In case that last post gives anyone the wrong idea, ALL episodes are available, in both XviD and 450p, hosted both on MU and FS, at am-a.

There's a lot of angst around over matching rips to subs on this drama, because for various reasons WITHS2 had to switch versions. In fact, I doubt if there are any serious mismatches between the various versions and the subs, and if there are its pretty easy either to use a player that allows global sub resynching (KMP, GOM and VLC all do that) or to resynch the subs yourself.

The most common reason for a resynch being needed is that different rips have different lead-in times on the opening sequence, and that can be fixed very easily indeed. Resynching between rips that contain different edits (because sourced from different networks) is rather trickier, but I doubt if it's necessary here. The last major drama where I recall it was necessary was La Dolce Vita, where in some episodes there were differences in scene count and running order in certain episodes, depending on the source transmission.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished with ep. 9 & 10, with subs.  Each episode is riveting.  Not so much in action, as in the dialog.  (Even though the subs for ep. 9 were a bit pedestrian.) 

Everything that comes out of the mouth of YH and the sister-in-law is full of innuendos and is so sly.  I love watching the two of them try to top each other.

In ep. 10, there are some beautiful scenes with Sang Hung's mother.  She's a reasonable, loving and understanding mother and mother-in-law.:)

This is another drama that I like to watch each episode uninterrupted.  Otherwise, you don't benefit from each succeeding layer of complexity that is in each episode.:o

This is another drama that I wish baduy had time to recap or sub.  Just as he did with La Dolce Vita, which remains my benchmark for comparing dramas.:D

• 11 months later...

Archived