[Drama 2010] Home Sweet Home/My Happy Home 즐거운 나의 집

Guest CricketVK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's me :)

It's a good sign that you're in the tiny bunch that likes this one! And Auntie Mame watched the first ep too last week and told me it looked promising, so I started to watch today, just the first ep so far for me, too but I'll certainly watch at least a few more.

I couldn't help being reminded of the Yorkie Bar ad that Nestlé was too scared to use in the US for nearly five years after it did wonders for their sales in the UK. A spoof road sign with a female outline figure (like they sometimes use on public bathroom entrances) with a thick diagonal black bar across and the legend "Not for girls!" Because that's what's wrong (or as I'd prefer to put it, right) with this drama, so far as I can tell from the opener.

For the first time in ages, a Korean network has been brave (or, commercially speaking, foolish) enough to show a prime-slot drama that doesn't try to pander to the teeny-squealer market. Or the weepy ajumma market either. This one's for grown-ups. So it won't go down well with the Soompi majority either.

At the early scene that could be entitled "How many books does a stereotypical scatty younger sister of the serious-minded female lead need to stand on to fail to change a lightbulb?" my finger did move vaguely towards the stop button, but all was forgiven shortly afterwards when the dramatic purpose of the scattiness was made plain. There's a glorious bit of black comedy at 00:21:21 when said scatty sister rushes up to the supposedy bereaved putative widow in the funeral hall and gushes out her "Congratulations!" for having hooked such a rich, albeit now presumably decomposing, hubby. The deceased's younger half-sister's look at this point is a typical piece of top-notch Kdrama direction. Instead of staring, as we might expect, at the nincompoop who's come out with this grotesque remark, she stares at the sister-in-law to whom it's addressed, speaking volumes of her position in her late husband's family.

I do hope WITHS2 puts this into its public output and that they get it subbed straight from the Korean, and not via C-subs. The dialogue is too rich to be filtered through Chinese without its character being flattened. In the absence of English subs, I guess people with no Korean or Chinese don't have much chance of getting much out of it. What spare time I have is currently all taken up with my attempt to finish subbing City of Glass (I'm only two years behind...) so I can't offer to recap this one. However, if anyone is trying to follow from the raws and has any Big Questions about specific details, I will try to find time to help out with explanations, though my watching is currently still a long way behind the leading edge, so the answers might be too slow in coming.

Guest Greenrose934

It's a good sign that you're in the tiny bunch that likes this one! And Auntie Mame watched the first ep too last week and told me it looked promising, so I started to watch today, just the first ep so far for me, too but I'll certainly watch at least a few more.

I couldn't help being reminded of the Yorkie Bar ad that Nestlé was too scared to use in the US for nearly five years after it did wonders for their sales in the UK. A spoof road sign with a female outline figure (like they sometimes use on public bathroom entrances) with a thick diagonal black bar across and the legend "Not for girls!" Because that's what's wrong (or as I'd prefer to put it, right) with this drama, so far as I can tell from the opener.

For the first time in ages, a Korean network has been brave (or, commercially speaking, foolish) enough to show a prime-slot drama that doesn't try to pander to the teeny-squealer market. Or the weepy ajumma market either. This one's for grown-ups. So it won't go down well with the Soompi majority either.

At the early scene that could be entitled "How many books does a stereotypical scatty younger sister of the serious-minded female lead need to stand on to fail to change a lightbulb?" my finger did move vaguely towards the stop button, but all was forgiven shortly afterwards when the dramatic purpose of the scattiness was made plain. There's a glorious bit of black comedy at 00:21:21 when said scatty sister rushes up to the supposedy bereaved putative widow in the funeral hall and gushes out her "Congratulations!" for having hooked such a rich, albeit now presumably decomposing, hubby. The deceased's younger half-sister's look at this point is a typical piece of top-notch Kdrama direction. Instead of staring, as we might expect, at the nincompoop who's come out with this grotesque remark, she stares at the sister-in-law to whom it's addressed, speaking volumes of her position in her late husband's family.

I do hope WITHS2 puts this into its public output and that they get it subbed straight from the Korean, and not via C-subs. The dialogue is too rich to be filtered through Chinese without its character being flattened. In the absence of English subs, I guess people with no Korean or Chinese don't have much chance of getting much out of it. What spare time I have is currently all taken up with my attempt to finish subbing City of Glass (I'm only two years behind...) so I can't offer to recap this one. However, if anyone is trying to follow from the raws and has any Big Questions about specific details, I will try to find time to help out with explanations, though my watching is currently still a long way behind the leading edge, so the answers might be too slow in coming.

Hello baduy ! longggggg time no see , how are you doing ? I'm so happy to see you're here

Did you watch this drama ?? I greatly appreciate your kindness if you can give us a summarizing each episode ??

Thanks a lot

Archived