Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

farbarri said:
awesomely put there. i'm trying to stay positive too, but fans being fans, we tend to be overprotective of him. as a saying goes '
it takes a lifetime to build up your reputation, but it only takes a minute to ruin it'. but all of here trust him and his project decisions, so we support him regardless.
college student is more believable for Joowon. though sometimes he's obviously a 5-yr old trapped in a 26-yr old body, i prefer Joowon in more mature roles with deep emotions as it is definitely his cliche. but i'm so glad we're finally seeing Joowon in rom-com genre this year, and possibly more projects after this. i was skeptical after L7CS, but he's quite a natural romanticist~
he has taken up a lot of genre that i wonder what more genre he can take. then this school/college offer came and it seems quite good for him as he has never acted a younger age before. and knowing this is a movie, made me feel so much better. i'm waiting for official news, but if he does take it, i'll fully support him to take on the role.

mei said: Thank you so much dear @mrdimples @chrissy96 @Sdee HC for the revisions of cutie article translation..thank u for @mojobobo and @daydreamsindecember too ^^ i'm sorry dear @stearly @mrdimples and all off cuties if i make you all confused and scratching your head with my article translation.. i'm so sorry dear.. sometimes when i do the translation, like @mrdimples @mojobobo @daydreamsindecember said, i found it a  little difficult when i must translated it into english eventhough i know what it means in generally.. i'm not an expert yet and still always continued to learning how to translated korean-english properly.. I'm sorry dear cuties^_^ 
For Cutie in "Fashion King", i think he always challenge himself for every kind of role, so if at the end he accepted this project, i will pray the best for him because he always know what the best for him..
Have nice day all.. \(^.^)/

Guest moonstar85

hi cuties! i'm new here though i have been silently lurking for quite some time now... i enjoyed reading this thread as i am a fan of Joo Won too... i am not active on forums that's why it's only now that i'm posting a message here.. a big thanks to everybody here... this thread have been a good source of joo won news... i say this thread had increased my love for joo won by a thousand fold...

Joo-won in talks to take on Fashion King (no, a different one)by javabeans | October 25, 2013 | 

joowon_129.jpg

I woulda thought the title Fashion King would be an association to avoid at all costs, but nope, there’s a new movie in the works with that name, and Joo-won will be its hero. (Some articles tout his casting as a sure thing; a couple state that he’s considering and will decide on his next project soon. Take that as you will.)

This Fashion King is not necessarily the same story depicted in the hot mess of a drama starring Yoo Ah-in that aired in 2012, but it’s not entirely unrelated—both drama series and movie are based on a webtoon of the same name. It sounds like the adaptations diverge pretty significantly, though, with vastly different setups and character descriptions, so (fingers crossed) this new movie will bear little resemblance to the TV show.

The movie centers around an ordinary high school boy with a crush on a pretty girl in his class, and in order to appeal to her he decides to transform himself into a stylish hottie. Well, it’s Joo-won so he’s got hottie covered. And while he may be a little on the old side to play a high schooler, he really is the perfect guy to play a shy, boyish character who then turns into a style maven. Even if he weren’t such a chameleon of an actor, the dorky-cool dichotomy seems like such a part of his real-life personality that it should be right up his alley.

Joo-won recently quit his role in the Sunday variety show 1 Night 2 Days to focus more on his his other activities, which was probably necessary given how much he has going on: Following the wrap of his drama Good Doctor, he has been hard at work on the musical Ghost, which will run from November through June, and he’s also got a film awaiting release, Catch Me, co-starring Kim Ah-joong.

Fashion King will be directed by Oh Ki-hwan of The Art of Seduction and hopes to release in April 2014.

Via Asiae

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/10/joo-won-in-talks-to-take-on-fashion-king-no-a-different-one/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Thanks for the article @raito1310. I rarely visit DB nowadays :-). I'm okay if Cutie in this one, furthermore it his dream to act as a schoolboy (once) in his acting career. You go boy. Now, if he's IN for this movie, my wish for his co-stapr is someone young and cheerful... Hmmm I'm thinking of Kang Sora. Fighting!

Guest mei8805

stearly said: mei said: Thank you so much dear @mrdimples @chrissy96 @Sdee HC for the revisions of cutie article translation..thank u for @mojobobo and @daydreamsindecember too ^^ i'm sorry dear @stearly @mrdimples and all off cuties if i make you all confused and scratching your head with my article translation.. i'm so sorry dear.. sometimes when i do the translation, like @mrdimples @mojobobo @daydreamsindecember said, i found it a  little difficult when i must translated it into english eventhough i know what it means in generally.. i'm not an expert yet and still always continued to learning how to translated korean-english properly.. I'm sorry dear cuties^_^ 
For Cutie in "Fashion King", i think he always challenge himself for every kind of role, so if at the end he accepted this project, i will pray the best for him because he always know what the best for him..
Have nice day all.. \(^.^)/

Guest mei8805

@moonstar85 welcome to the warmest cuties (Joowon/cutie lover) family dear.. Have a great time here to spazzing about our cutie ^_^  >:D< >:D< >:D<

Thanks for the article @raito1310. I rarely visit DB nowadays :-). I'm okay if Cutie in this one, furthermore it his dream to act as a schoolboy (once) in his acting career. You go boy. Now, if he's IN for this movie, my wish for his co-stapr is someone young and cheerful... Hmmm I'm thinking of Kang Sora.

Fighting!

For me, I would prefer his co-star to be Yoon Jin-yi (윤진이) who was previously in A Gentleman's Dignity as Im Me Ah Ri and who was in the same T Store CF last year. I was impressed by her performance in AGD even though it was her debut drama :x

cr. COMMHERE

cr. wanida99

mrdimples said:
This is not the first time I read of Joo Won being described this way, I think Dramabeans girlfriday or javabeans said the same thing of Cutie. Yes, I understand where you are coming from and it's not difficult to see why. Joo Won is darn cute and hence we named him "Cutie" here and he does Aegyo best. In his own words, he often described himself as a maknae who loves to act aegyo with people who are older than him. But strangely, despite all these, I always thought the reverse - Joo Won is an old soul trapped in a 26 year old body. It is not his actions but his thoughts. I have rarely seen a 26 year old actor with as much levelheadedness, maturity and foresight as this man. Sometimes I even wonder if he is of this era, his views on love and respect for elders for example are in discord with those of these generation.

Perhaps he is like Park Si On. People see Si On who speaks like a child and has mannerisms that hardly befit that of a namja as someone who is a 10 year old trapped in a 27 year old body. However, Si On has the ability to think, plan and care for his love ones way more than a normal man can. Hence I dare say Si On is a lot more mature than he looks. Same with Cutie.

mydeed said: Thanks for the article @raito1310. I rarely visit DB nowadays :-). I'm okay if Cutie in this one, furthermore it his dream to act as a schoolboy (once) in his acting career. You go boy. Now, if he's IN for this movie, my wish for his co-stapr is someone young and cheerful... Hmmm I'm thinking of Kang Sora. Fighting!

Actor Joo Won have been offered to play the main character in upcoming movie “Fashion King”.
hlaf.jpg

Earlier today, several TV broadcasting officials has reported that according to their primary sources, actor Joo Won was cast to play the role of the male protagonist in the new film tentatively known as “Fashion King”. Contrary to the news, Joo Won’s agency stated that he’s appearance is not yet settled but they’re looking into it affirmatively. The reason they didn’t settled on it yet was probably because of Joo Won’s busy preparation for ’Ghost’ the musical, coming next month.

Joo Won’s popularity continues to expand after portraying an autistic young man who became a pediatric surgeon in KBS2 series “Good Doctor”. He’s fans will be able to meet him on musical stage from November 24 to June 29 next year. The actor has also recently finished shooting for the movie “Catch Me” with actress Kim Ah Joong.

“Fashion King” is based on a popular webtoon of the same name about an ordinary boy who had a crush on a good-looking girl. He opened his eyes in the world of fashion and decided to become a great man in order to fit into hers. It clearly and frankly demonstrate the High School student’s social issues and their  sincere intention to fashion trends.

Various names of Top stars were reportedly chosen as candidates after it was announced to be made into drama last year including Jang Geun Suk and BEAST Yoon Doo Joon.

“Everyone minds fashion and dreams about great looks. We will make this movie to offer a simple entertainment that everyone can enjoy.” the production team said to media.

The film adaptation will be directed by Oh Ki Hwan who take charged of “Art of Seduction” and “Five Senses of Eros”. And to be produced by “Memories of Murder” producer Cha Seung Jae. The scenario has already been completed and is expected to be released in April next year.

http://dramabucks.com/movie/joo-won-considers-starring-in-upcoming-film-fashion-king/

stearly said: mydeed said: Thanks for the article @raito1310. I rarely visit DB nowadays :-). I'm okay if Cutie in this one, furthermore it his dream to act as a schoolboy (once) in his acting career. You go boy. Now, if he's IN for this movie, my wish for his co-stapr is someone young and cheerful... Hmmm I'm thinking of Kang Sora. Fighting!

Guest crazywindblower

I love joo won! I am such a fan! he is such a good actor and a cutie.. :x plus the fact that he has a nice singing voice, I am more inlove.. :x 8-> 
Since good doctor ended, I am now watching Ojakgyo Brothers..and gosh he is so adorable there! :x :x  8->
I am excited for his upcoming musical and movie this December, hope both will turn out well loved by viewers..He seems to be so busy and in demand this days.. :) I hope he still has time to take a rest and be healthy.. :)
I hope he accepts the "Fashion King" movie for next year, the plot seems nice..and why not, Joo Won has a sense of fashion! :) :x I imagine that he will be adorable and hot in that movie.. :x

The words that you think of when mentioning Joowon:
KOREA'S PRECIOUS ACTOR
to me, Joowon is indeed a precious actor. be it any genre like angst, rom-coms, actions, disability, and any acting projects from movies or dramas or musicals, Joowon have it in the bag. his acting range is so wide and he chooses characters that very few korean actors can challenge. and even if they do, their character may not be as alive as how Joowon managed to do it. he shapes the character perfectly, and buries it in his heart. his acting is so sincere that even by watching him for a few minutes, one can tell that this man is a good actor. watch for longer period of time, and his character steals your heart. watch his real life personality, and you'll fall head over heels in love with him. when he acts, you will never say "Joowon is acting" you will say his character's name. absolutely no trace of his real self, or his previous characters. a sincere, very precious man.