Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

moonandhearts said: I'm in Korea but I can't stalk Cutie! Remind me next time to take fangirl friends instead of lifelong friends. >_< I swear if we Cuties are coming, let's do a Joo Won themed tor. All of the settings of Joo Won's dramas and of course stalking Cutie! I'll try to satisfy everyone's cravings for Cutie. But really, when you're that up close, you really get starstrucked! I swear!

Guest pinkynis

Watched the rehearsal and Cutie is soo handsome! Esp the part where he and Ivy held hands.. Awww :x
Anybody knows how long this musical will run?

daydreamsindecember said: I just read one article saying that the contract hasn't been inked but JW is looking at the project favorably. God knows if its a done deal or premature info leak like Moon Embraces the Sun.... In either case, I'm ambivalent. We all know Cutie is a workhorse, there's no stopping him. As for the role, we shall see.

mrdimples said: daydreamsindecember said: I just read one article saying that the contract hasn't been inked but JW is looking at the project favorably. God knows if its a done deal or premature info leak like Moon Embraces the Sun.... In either case, I'm ambivalent. We all know Cutie is a workhorse, there's no stopping him. As for the role, we shall see.

Recently, there was this article where Joo Won was asked to described his female co-stars. In it, he called Ivy a "Fool" which led to some readers like @stearly and myself included, scratching our heads. It's not so much that we think Cutie would have said it in a derogatory manner but we were just curious. Fortunately we have @Sdee Hc whose corrections of my translation for DC Questionnaire I post recently, to help us. She made some revisions to @mei's translation of the article. As @mei, @daydreamsindecember and @mojobobo can testify, it's not easy to translate from Korean to English or Chinese to English. Sometimes we need to understand the culture, context, slang and many more. I am just glad we have a small but faithful team of translators who always gives their best. @chrissy96 and @Sdee HC are able to translate fluently from Korean to English and also have a deeper understanding of the culture, DC speak and context so whenever they can help us, we are really blessed.

Here's mei's translation with revisions by Sdee Hc

Joowon: “Serious” Moon Chae Won vs “Affirmative” Choi Kang Hee vs “Fool” Ivy

Actor Joowon talks about  his female co-star's disposition in general review.

On 15th, lunch time, Joowon held a special interview “Good Doctor-Joowon Hope Day” at Apgujeong ‘눈꽃 흐드러지다’ cafe. Reporters asked, “Including Choi Kang Hee, Moon Chae Won and now Ivy, how was your chemistry (working relationship) with co-star that are older than you?” He answered “They all have  their own charm”.

Joowon said “In Moon Chae Won's case, the first image & impression through television/screen is cold. Honestly, at first, I didn’t think we would become this intimate(close/familiar) to extent we are. At a certain point, I realized that we were really close.”

He explained “Choi Kang Hee has a different type of comfort.  If Choi Kang Hee is an 'Infinite affirmation' style, then Moon Chae Won is always earnest.”

And he added “I was surprised how meticulous Moon Chae Won was while filming at the site” “I think there are many similarities with the character that she played and her real personality. Furthermore, her character was taking care of me so there was the genial comfort level." 

Also, he shared his opinion about his co-star (Singer, Ivy) who he is working together for the first time in current musical number. “She is a very kind(nice) person to an extent to be called a fool (which also means too innocent/good hearted)”. 

He said “Because of my drama schedule, I was two weeks behind in joining the musical practice with the other cast members” he added, “Ivy was the person who was helping me the most and gave care & concerns wen I came to practice for the first time and found myself in a difficult situation.”

He continued “She (ivy) is well known in the entertainment industry for having the most consideration for others" “this project (Musical Ghost) has many kiss scenes & affectionate scenes. Because of our characters for this role, I have a feeling that we can become close easily.”

Meanwhile, Joowon in KBS "Good Doctor,” which ended with immense popularity, portrayed a genius pediatric surgeon Park Shion who had autism level 3 and savant syndrome with perfection. Currently he was cast as lead actor in Musical “Ghost” and will return to the stage

mrdimples said: daydreamsindecember said: I just read one article saying that the contract hasn't been inked but JW is looking at the project favorably. God knows if its a done deal or premature info leak like Moon Embraces the Sun.... In either case, I'm ambivalent. We all know Cutie is a workhorse, there's no stopping him. As for the role, we shall see.

class="entry-title"Joo Won May Turn into King of Fashion Posted on 2013/10/25 by Cory Lee in TV with 0 Comments Actor Joo Won acting on the set of “Level 7 Civil Servant.” [MBC]

Actor Joo Won acting on the set of “Level 7 Civil Servant.” [MBC]

Korean actor Joo Won is positively looking into a new big screen project, based on web cartoon titled “Fashion King.”

An official with Joo Won’s agency Sim Entertainment told TenAsia Friday morning that the actor is weighing on starring in new film, tentatively titled “Fashion King,” and the final decision would be made at the end of this month or early November.

Based on the popular web-cartoon of the same name, the movie will focus on a high schooler named Woo Gi-myeong who opens his eyes on fashion and tries to do his best to become the king of fashion.

Director Oh Gi-hwan, who recently scored noticeable success in Chinese box office with Korea-China romance film “A Wedding Invitation,” will take the megaphone.

After finishing successful two-month run of medical drama “Good Doctor” early this month, Joo Won is prepping up for his upcoming musical “Ghost” and romcom movie “Catch Me,” both of which are set to open in December.

Reporter. Cory Lee

http://www.tenasia.com/archives/74842?fb_source=pubv1

Ma OO said: mrdimples said: daydreamsindecember said: I just read one article saying that the contract hasn't been inked but JW is looking at the project favorably. God knows if its a done deal or premature info leak like Moon Embraces the Sun.... In either case, I'm ambivalent. We all know Cutie is a workhorse, there's no stopping him. As for the role, we shall see.

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LS2D&mid=sec&sid1=106&sid2=224&oid=011&aid=0002413290 This article says nothing has been confirmed/decided and that JW is currently focusing on his rehearsals for GHOST. http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2013102511290390470 This one says that many celebrities that were voted by virtual poll for the role included actors Yoo Seung Ho, Jang Geun Suk, singers G-Dragon, Yoon Doojoon, Lee Joon, and even fashion models Lee Soo Hyuk and Jang Yoon Ju.  

Guest mei8805

Thank you so much dear @mrdimples @chrissy96 @Sdee HC for the revisions of cutie article translation..thank u for @mojobobo and @daydreamsindecember too ^^ i'm sorry dear @stearly @mrdimples and all off cuties if i make you all confused and scratching your head with my article translation.. i'm so sorry dear.. sometimes when i do the translation, like @mrdimples @mojobobo @daydreamsindecember said, i found it a  little difficult when i must translated it into english eventhough i know what it means in generally.. i'm not an expert yet and still always continued to learning how to translated korean-english properly.. I'm sorry dear cuties^_^ 
For Cutie in "Fashion King", i think he always challenge himself for every kind of role, so if at the end he accepted this project, i will pray the best for him because he always know what the best for him..
Have nice day all.. \(^.^)/

daydreamsindecember said: mrdimples said: daydreamsindecember said: I just read one article saying that the contract hasn't been inked but JW is looking at the project favorably. God knows if its a done deal or premature info leak like Moon Embraces the Sun.... In either case, I'm ambivalent. We all know Cutie is a workhorse, there's no stopping him. As for the role, we shall see.

farbarri said:
awesomely put there. i'm trying to stay positive too, but fans being fans, we tend to be overprotective of him. as a saying goes '
it takes a lifetime to build up your reputation, but it only takes a minute to ruin it'. but all of here trust him and his project decisions, so we support him regardless.
college student is more believable for Joowon. though sometimes he's obviously a 5-yr old trapped in a 26-yr old body, i prefer Joowon in more mature roles with deep emotions as it is definitely his cliche. but i'm so glad we're finally seeing Joowon in rom-com genre this year, and possibly more projects after this. i was skeptical after L7CS, but he's quite a natural romanticist~
he has taken up a lot of genre that i wonder what more genre he can take. then this school/college offer came and it seems quite good for him as he has never acted a younger age before. and knowing this is a movie, made me feel so much better. i'm waiting for official news, but if he does take it, i'll fully support him to take on the role.

daydreamsindecember said: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LS2D&mid=sec&sid1=106&sid2=224&oid=011&aid=0002413290
This article says nothing has been confirmed/decided and that JW is currently focusing on his rehearsals for GHOST. 
http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2013102511290390470

This one says that many celebrities were considered for the role like actors Yoo Seung Ho, Jang Geun Suk, singers G-Dragon, Yoon Doojoon, Lee Joon, and even fashion models Lee Soo Hyuk and Jang Yoon Ju.  

3 other videos of Ghost rehearsal credit http://www.themusical.co.kr

Here right now, Three little wordsAre you a believer, I'm outta here> More, I had a life 
article by allkpopJoo Won in talks for new film 'Fashion King'October 25, 2013 @ 2:12 amActor Joo Won, who recently wrapped up drama 'Good Doctor', is in talks for new movie 'Fashion King'!According to Sim Entertainment, "[Joo Won] is currently reviewing his casting offer for 'Fashion King'... The decision will be made by the end of October or early November."
'Fashion King' is based on the popular webtoon of the same title and portrays the story of a male student who becomes interested in fashion and tries to become the most handsome and best dressed man around. Joo Won is in talks to play the male lead role, Woo Ki Myung, in the film, which will be directed by Oh Ki Hwan.
You'll also be able to catch Joo Won in his starring film 'Catch Me' that will premiere this December!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/10/joo-won-in-talks-for-new-film-fashion-king#axzz2iiC7qhIh

'many celebrities were considered' this speaks in past tense, which means the celebrities rejectED the role earlier on, before they considered Joowon for it. if ARE considered, that means the movie will have high number of popular casts alongside Joowon, which may help boost his popularity overseas. @daydreamsindecember could you please clarify which one is better suited for the article you mentioned? WERE considered or ARE considered?

I apologize *face palms* I just read the article again and changed it to the correct context.

The celebrities on the list were

virtually cast/polled (assumingly by netizens) to be lead. Whether it not they were/are actually considered to be in the movie is unknown.

raito1310 said: 3 other videos of Ghost rehearsal credit http://www.themusical.co.kr

Here right now, Three little wordsAre you a believer, I'm outta here> More, I had a life 
article by allkpopJoo Won in talks for new film 'Fashion King'October 25, 2013 @ 2:12 amActor Joo Won, who recently wrapped up drama 'Good Doctor', is in talks for new movie 'Fashion King'!According to Sim Entertainment, "[Joo Won] is currently reviewing his casting offer for 'Fashion King'... The decision will be made by the end of October or early November."
'Fashion King' is based on the popular webtoon of the same title and portrays the story of a male student who becomes interested in fashion and tries to become the most handsome and best dressed man around. Joo Won is in talks to play the male lead role, Woo Ki Myung, in the film, which will be directed by Oh Ki Hwan.
You'll also be able to catch Joo Won in his starring film 'Catch Me' that will premiere this December!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/10/joo-won-in-talks-for-new-film-fashion-king#axzz2iiC7qhIh

mei said: Thank you so much dear @mrdimples @chrissy96 @Sdee HC for the revisions of cutie article translation..thank u for @mojobobo and @daydreamsindecember too ^^ i'm sorry dear @stearly @mrdimples and all off cuties if i make you all confused and scratching your head with my article translation.. i'm so sorry dear.. sometimes when i do the translation, like @mrdimples @mojobobo @daydreamsindecember said, i found it a  little difficult when i must translated it into english eventhough i know what it means in generally.. i'm not an expert yet and still always continued to learning how to translated korean-english properly.. I'm sorry dear cuties^_^ 
For Cutie in "Fashion King", i think he always challenge himself for every kind of role, so if at the end he accepted this project, i will pray the best for him because he always know what the best for him..

Guest mei8805

mrdimples said: mei said: Thank you so much dear @mrdimples @chrissy96 @Sdee HC for the revisions of cutie article translation..thank u for @mojobobo and @daydreamsindecember too ^^ i'm sorry dear @stearly @mrdimples and all off cuties if i make you all confused and scratching your head with my article translation.. i'm so sorry dear.. sometimes when i do the translation, like @mrdimples @mojobobo @daydreamsindecember said, i found it a  little difficult when i must translated it into english eventhough i know what it means in generally.. i'm not an expert yet and still always continued to learning how to translated korean-english properly.. I'm sorry dear cuties^_^ 

Guest mei8805

daydreamsindecember said: Exactly, don't be sorry @mei, we are all just helping or contributing in one way or another. Surely there's no wrong in that ;) *pats back* Translating is not easy, the perfectionist in me struggles with it too at times. It can exasperate the hell outta me and sometimes I feel like I'm tackling a sea monster