Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@rionae yeah I guess the drama that can secure the main cast first will air first :P. As far as I know, "Will You Have Dinner With Me" has confirmed Shin Min Ah but not yet the male lead ! 

Do you guys know when Joowon will finish shooting his movie ?

Edited by raito1310
  • Like 4

@rionae yeah I guess the drama that can secure the main cast first will air first :P. As far as I know, "Will You Have Dinner With Me" has confirmed Shin Min Ah but not yet the male lead ! 

Do you guys know when Joowon will finish shooting his movie ?

​Hmm I think @farbarri mentioned that the movie shooting will end this month? He also posted on IG recently saying there's not much left. I'm not sure of the exact date but he'll be having the Baeksang hosting and TC fanmeet in Japan next week! Eh what are the dates again... 26th and 29th respectively?

• Like 6

I don't become used to the new soompi yet... It's frustrating :angry: !

But as some of you said, it's worth it having Joo Won's potiential drama news ! I haven't seen any Kdrama or any drma since TC, and I think he's the only one to take me back in drmaland right now.

• Like 6

Hi,  first time posting here (I think)

Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won in Talks for SBS Wed-Thurs Medical Drama Yongpalyi

imop.jpg

While there have been conflicting reports on which drama comes after Mask on SBS Wed-Thurs, it’s once again looking more and more like medical drama Yongpalyi over rom-com Will You Have Dinner with Me. Judging by casting news alone, Yongpalyi takes the lead today with word that the production is courting Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won for the lead roles. I would have preferred Dinner solely on the genre alone since I love romance dramas more than medical yarns, but if Kim Tae Hee accepts then I’m super stoked to see what she’s capable of after impressing me thoroughly in Jang Ok Jung, Live in Love.

Read more on Koala's Playground

• Like 3

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/joo-won-kim-tae-hee-offered-leads-in-sbss-yong-pal/

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
joowon_147.jpg
Joo-won, Kim Tae-hee offered leads in SBS’s Yong-pal
by javabeans | May 23, 2015 | 2 Comments
Innnteresting, suddenly I’m a lot more interested in the upcoming SBS drama Yong-pal — although with the God’s Gift–14 Days director and Reset writer onboard, my interest was already piqued. But then you throw Joo-won (Cantabile Tomorrow, Good Doctor) into the mix, and well, I’m listening. Yong-pal is about a... More »

• Like 8

@raito1310 thank you for the dramabeans article! It was a great review. I love how javabeans described Joowon's talent. He is definitely and all-round talent. I feel so proud as a fan. And he can definitely turn round a character in any way he wants, making his characters hated, lovable, pitiable, sympathized, funny, etc. Gosh, now i'm missing all his characters...

The production seems good, the director has good resume, and the writer gets better with each project. I hope side-casts are well-casted, and the storylines are good throughout. Really hope Joowon accepts the offer. It seems like a very challenging character indeed.

• Like 6

Even if I love the idea of a new drama for Cutie, I can't help feeling a little regret, not seing him in a "bad guy" role...

@farbarri, I just discovered that you AT LAST proclaim your love for the diligent manager-nim :P ! nice siggy !

• Like 3

Even if I love the idea of a new drama for Cutie, I can't help feeling a little regret, not seing him in a "bad guy" role...

@farbarri, I just discovered that you AT LAST proclaim your love for the diligent manager-nim :P ! nice siggy !

@ophris, maybe you can take comfort in the fact that he would be doctoring illegally?  At least for his side jobs.  I'm guessing that those would be jobs that would not be done in his official capacity.  Using an alias and doing things under the table and all.  Does that make you feel better? :)

It sounds like a pretty interesting premise to me.  The in debt and running from loan sharks part is in everything, but what he chooses to do to get out of debt is different.  They could have all sorts of fun/crazy/messed up stories for the patients he's treating that can't go to a real hospital for whatever reason.  I wonder if there might be a touch of humor there, of a bizarro fish-out-of-water variety, as a total outsider in that world.  Or it could be totally dark.  Or it could be both, which can be fun too.

• Like 6

@ophris, maybe you can take comfort in the fact that he would be doctoring illegally?  At least for his side jobs.  I'm guessing that those would be jobs that would not be done in his official capacity.  Using an alias and doing things under the table and all.  Does that make you feel better? :)

It sounds like a pretty interesting premise to me.  The in debt and running from loan sharks part is in everything, but what he chooses to do to get out of debt is different.  They could have all sorts of fun/crazy/messed up stories for the patients he's treating that can't go to a real hospital for whatever reason.  I wonder if there might be a touch of humor there, of a bizarro fish-out-of-water variety, as a total outsider in that world.  Or it could be totally dark.  Or it could be both, which can be fun too.

I agree with the possibly intersting plot and character. But the sister and his lack of money explain his motives  and actions. He won't have a bad personnality, just bad luck. I just hope  that like for Bridal Mask, he will be a real con man. He can switch in one second from Angel to devil, i want to see that again !  

• Like 2

@ophris @ecs707a maybe he's desperate enough that at one point, he did something really bad like hurting a person, or stealing a woman. you know, like killing a person, then cries in grief while he covers his actions. he may have done it to save his sister or to protect his money. if this happens, i hope we will be able to see how he struggles with his bad actions while being secretly glad that he saved someone/something.

gosh, i love it when Joowon acts out inner pain... i want him to cry in agony, see him scream in frustration and desperation. i'm not a sadist...:D

• Like 2

A better description on the drama "Yong palyi" - 

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=17873363&cloc=

Character Joo Won would or could play - Kim Tae Hyun who is a 3rd year resident in the emergency department of the Hanshin Hospital. Kim Tae Hee's character is an heiress of the Hanshin Group. They both work together discreetly on the these shady dealings where no one at the hospital knows. (I am hoping this is what Google translate delivers and from what I could understand).

• Like 6

@rionae LMAO! :w00t: what was he doing with Ivy after Rain song? they're so cute~ gosh, the hugging and spinning is making me giddy with love for Joowon~

I LOVE JOOWON!!!! :wub:

Edited by farbarri
  • Like 3