Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

A friend of mine suggested a glass award instead of a trophy cos a trophy might look cheap. She knows of a shop selling these stuff and we'll prob check it out on Monday. Hopefully I will find something decent and appropriate. Will keep everyone posted! Fingers crossed we can find something suitable!

[-O

@ellasam81:lol! No no, not submit here. Submit directly to @manyearsago for her compilation. Via PM.

Sorry for my stupidness

Thanks for telling me

But how to pm pic

Never mind I will ask for her email address and email her

@ellasam81: No, you're not being silly at all... I am so sorry if I made you feel that you had asked a stupid question. I was in a hurry when I replied to your last post so I may have sounded too abrupt. Please don't be offended. I am really sorry.    :( Although I myself have yet to send a pix thru PM, I think it's the same way you post a pix. ie on the top right hand corner, you'll see a green square icon that is for 'Insert Image'.But don't do anything yet until @manyearsago reverts to confirm exactly what content n layout she is most comfortable and confident to produce.Meanwhile, you can start to 'photoshop' or use airbrush to touch up on your photo! kekeke... just kidding ya? ;))

@jwonnie no no I am not offended at all actually it s myself think that I am asking a stupid question

Actually I am thankful to you and @manyearsago helping Us send our message to joo won

And contributing money and effort

I bow to you all thAnks so much

Hi dearies! Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Omo @manyearsago, I'm envying you right now, I wish I can go to JW fanmeet as well in the future :) I'm thinking of a mosaic of Cutie's pictures to make up one big Cutie's picture (did I make sense?)... I guess something like this..
 images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrcjR9HegVsaXAafvsy7Q
I know how to do it, but I've never really done it, so I don't know how long it'll take. But since it's a public holiday on Monday, I guess I can spend some time on it. Or maybe @septmoon16 has better ideas? I'm a fan of her awesome fanarts :)

Okie Dokey.... I have shortlisted a few awards possibilities.

Option A)

Chose this since it's a 'Human Smell (?)' award?  So selected a human shape and the ball is the globe that represents us? (Intl fans?)

JC087_fs_zpsbbda49bc.jpg

Option B -m 2 Figures holding a globe (?)

JC033_fs_zps27586caa.jpg

Option C - A Globe Head?

Maybe someone can come up with a logo to represent this forum? Then we can engrave it in the globe?

Option D - Simple Star

JC135_fs_zpsda37a48b.jpg

Option E - Hands holding a heart

JC141_fs_zps3fbe6853.jpg

Option F - Hands holding a diamond

JC094_fs_zps3c65b999.jpg

What do you guys think? Is this presentable enough? Do they look 'corny'? If you have some time to spare, please visit this website and look at the other options.

http://www.chiaofai-hk.com/crystal_trophy.html 

I'd appreciate as much feedback and suggestions as possible and preferably before Monday morning. Thanks everyone in advance!

:-*

Guest mei8805

Hm.. I think figures hold a globe is good.. hm.. when we send a mass tweet to cutie to support him as MC at baeksang 49th awards, photo that we send to him is cutie on the top of the globe, so i think cutie will remember us when it's related to the globe..hehe..  It's Just my opinion ^_^JC033_fs_zps27586caa.jpg

Got so caught up with RL, but after backtracking so many pages, I see our dream team @jwonnie and @manyearsago plans for the fanmeet. I am so high on the ninth cloud, that I can't believe you guys are gonna make it together. Gosh! I am so in awe of you ladies. Make sure you guys have a rocking time!
About the gifts, I like the idea what @manyearsago posted on the poster especially the canvas poster. But, taking into consideration the dimensions which is appropriate and with the wordings ouf our messages cluttered across it, I hope it does not look conjusted. Taking the pic posted by @latteholic as a template, and our messages imprinted on the left and right sides in a linear manner, each person could have as much as 4 lines or even lesser. But @manyearsago, see what is convenient for you since all these items go through airport screening and  can be placed in the air cabin compartment of your aircraft. Anyways awaiting for our experts comments.@jwonnie I liked the trophies in options A and F. They look more meaningful to me :D and very simplistic and ideal for Cutie. But if I have to choose one out of the two, it would be option F. Cutie is as precious as a diamond!

manyearsago said: @jwonnie @mrdimples @ellasam81 @daydreamsindecember @coolreborn and others
SORRY ALL FOR MY LATE REPLY.
As I was reading and digesting all your posts, I was checking other sites to give me a better idea and clearer picture so that we can discuss further details here.
All the ideas are great and fantastic.  I love them.  However due to logistic reason, I think poster and message album  would be easier for me to carry after I have just checked the size of certain material from sites and measuring my suitcase.
For poster, the place where I am going to print has actually given me some ideal options and I hope to get your agreements here.
A) polyester poster (http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/print/posters-and-plans/polyester-posters?productname=polyesterposter)
B)canvas printing  (http://webtoprint.officeworks.com.au/engineV7.asp?cat=369030543)
Please ignore the dollar figures, the reason why I post the links here is to give you an idea on what we will get.  Most importantly the links can give our talented graphic designers here about the printing requirement, measurement and file size, so they can start creating the file for our revision.  Now I have a question, what is the file size restriction for gmail account. I guess the graphic designers have to send me the PDF file to my email address so that I can either submit it online or hand the file to printer for final print.
Unfortunately at this stage, I cannot tell you what option we can go for even you agree with the idea simply because
option A) personally I guess polyester poster could be better than cardboard paper poster and I can get the a similar size of postal tube to fit the poster but option B) does look appealing and very special but I need to go to the shop tomorrow to find out exactly the thickness of canvas as I need to get a decent gift box to fit the canvas.  I think logistically  the ideal size is 305 x 305 mm.  However if our designers reckon 305 x 405 mm would be a better option for their design and file size is OK for emailing to me, I will have to respect their professional decision. Anyway, I will look for both size options of gift box.
I need to get mutual agreement from us here based on my research and explanation.
For the DIY album, on the first page, I am thinking to re-use the graphic posted in our group tweet 2 weeks ago. Since I don't know what size of a nice album  or scrapbook that I can get (even I searched in web earlier to see where I can get similar to what @coolreborn post), at the moment I can't give you an idea on what size of the pic I need to fit the page.  I used to use photoshop a lot but it was like an ice age history so basically I am pretty "handicapped" with this s/w now.  So I may need the original designer to resize the pic.  Please let me know if there is a problem.
For the poster, I like the idea of jwonnie about the food and the flag to represent our country because the international flag coincides with our group tweet pic which I suggest above to include it in our message album.  I guess the food dish I chose to represent my country would be kangaroo steak and the flag will be a koala flag.
Technically submitting the pics of our dishes may not sound to be a problem however I guess we have to listen to the input from our designers regarding the integrity of poster design.  We have to rely on their professional judgement and pertinent advice. I apologise if you found me being too dictated.  I am just trying to share my experience about design on poster and marketing materials. 
I don't have any objection about submitting your personal photo but I wonder whether it would be better if the personal pic is included in your message to JW.
Since I don't know how many of you will be sending me via PM their personal message to JW.  Can I suggest you to start writing your message and send me a WORD DOC (no PDF please) to my gmail account.  At this stage, please don't send me any doc yet because as I mentioned above, I need to find out the size of album I can get first.  I just try to avoid myself doing too many copy and paste from PM to my file and I don't want anything to go wrong if I become too tired at night and confused myself doing copy and paste.  I hope you understand where I am coming from.   Whatever you send me, I just print. Then I won't be that stressed out.  So hopefully I can let you know the size of album tomorrow then you can adjust your message to fit the page size, of course you are feel free to use any font and size.  I don't want to change your original file to avoid any mistakes I may make.  When you are ready, send me a PM then I will let you know my email address. 
I really like the idea of a trophy.  However because I am running out of time, I won't be able to do it this time. I will rely on @jwonnie.  If she can't source any, we may have to wait until anyone of us is going to Seoul for his musical.
Sorry, like nothing can be decided until tomorrow after I finish my shopping in various suburbs but I guess designer may be able to start thinking the concept.  If it happens you have a better concept, please do go ahead because we all count on you.

manyearsago said:

@jwonnie @mrdimples @ellasam81 @daydreamsindecember @coolreborn and others

As I was reading and digesting all your posts, I was checking other sites to give me a better idea and clearer picture so that we can discuss further details here.

All the ideas are great and fantastic.  I love them.  However due to logistic reason, I think poster and message album  would be easier for me to carry after I have just checked the size of certain material from sites and measuring my suitcase.

For poster, the place where I am going to print has actually given me some ideal options and I hope to get your agreements here.

A) polyester poster (http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/print/posters-and-plans/polyester-posters?productname=polyesterposter)

B) canvas printing  (http://webtoprint.officeworks.com.au/engineV7.asp?cat=369030543)

Please ignore the dollar figures, the reason why I post the links here is to give you an idea on what we will get.  Most importantly the links can give our talented graphic designers here about the printing requirement, measurement and file size, so they can start creating the file for our revision.  Now I have a question, what is the file size restriction for gmail account. I guess the graphic designers have to send me the PDF file to my email address so that I can either submit it online or hand the file to printer for final print.

Unfortunately at this stage, I cannot tell you what option we can go for even you agree with the idea simply because

option A) personally I guess polyester poster could be better than cardboard paper poster and I can get the a similar size of postal tube to fit the poster but option B) does look appealing and very special but I need to go to the shop tomorrow to find out exactly the thickness of canvas as I need to get a decent gift box to fit the canvas.  I think logistically  the ideal size is 305 x 305 mm.  However if our designers reckon 305 x 405 mm would be a better option for their design and file size is OK for emailing to me, I will have to respect their professional decision. Anyway, I will look for both size options of gift box.

I need to get mutual agreement from us here based on my research and explanation.

For the DIY album, on the first page, I am thinking to re-use the graphic posted in our group tweet 2 weeks ago. Since I don't know what size of a nice album  or scrapbook that I can get (even I searched in web earlier to see where I can get similar to what @coolreborn post), at the moment I can't give you an idea on what size of the pic I need to fit the page.  I used to use photoshop a lot but it was like an ice age history so basically I am pretty "handicapped" with this s/w now.  So I may need the original designer to resize the pic.  Please let me know if there is a problem.

For the poster, I like the idea of jwonnie about the food and the flag to represent our country because the international flag coincides with our group tweet pic which I suggest above to include it in our message album.  I guess the food dish I chose to represent my country would be kangaroo steak and the flag will be a koala flag.

Technically submitting the pics of our dishes may not sound to be a problem however I guess we have to listen to the input from our designers regarding the integrity of poster design.  We have to rely on their professional judgement and pertinent advice. I apologise if you found me being too dictated.  I am just trying to share my experience about design on poster and marketing materials. 

I don't have any objection about submitting your personal photo but I wonder whether it would be better if the personal pic is included in your message to JW.

Since I don't know how many of you will be sending me via PM their personal message to JW.  Can I suggest you to start writing your message and send me a WORD DOC (no PDF please) to my gmail account.  At this stage, please don't send me any doc yet because as I mentioned above, I need to find out the size of album I can get first.  I just try to avoid myself doing too many copy and paste from PM to my file and I don't want anything to go wrong if I become too tired at night and confused myself doing copy and paste.  I hope you understand where I am coming from.   Whatever you send me, I just print. Then I won't be that stressed out.  So hopefully I can let you know the size of album tomorrow then you can adjust your message to fit the page size, of course you are feel free to use any font and size.  I don't want to change your original file to avoid any mistakes I may make.  When you are ready, send me a PM then I will let you know my email address. 

I really like the idea of a trophy.  However because I am running out of time, I won't be able to do it this time. I will rely on @jwonnie.  If she can't source any, we may have to wait until anyone of us is going to Seoul for his musical.

Sorry, like nothing can be decided until tomorrow after I finish my shopping in various suburbs but I guess designer may be able to start thinking the concept.  If it happens you have a better concept, please do go ahead because we all count on you.

@manyearsago, thank you for going through all this trouble.

For the poster option, please choose the one that's logistically most feasible. I think both are good in terms of appearance and quality so it's fine whichever option.

Now about the album or poster whereby you need us to send you our messages, photos and others, I am worried about one thing. The number of responses you will get. I am wondering if it's okay if the album has only 20 pages or the poster perhaps having 10 to 15 countries represented. The primary problem is time, I am not sure if we can amass everyone in time to do this. Recently, quite a number of people are not on this thread, probably busy with Real Life. If there is more time, we might be able to mobilize them.  I may be totally wrong on this but I am just afraid that having too few will make not as strong an impression as we intended. This is just me thinking aloud. I will definitely do my part and will go with the majority. If you also agree, my suggestion is to do a poster that combines the mosaic face montage idea suggested by @daydreamsindecember and @latteholic is attempting with the flags of all our members around the border. Those who respond with the dishes or icons of their countries can have them highlighted. The rest will just stay as flags. So in this way, we can include more people who we know have been on this thread and come from a certain country but did not respond in time. For example, @arch00 who is from Nepal but she hasn't been here lately, probably busy. Also, instead of the face montage, we could have the group tweeter pic that @latteholic did for us. You are right that Cutie might recogniseit and I love the theme of him sitting on the globe.

Yep. Busy with RL here too! :((

But yay! Another cutie project! I hope the next project that we'll have is for the rest of Joo Won soompi intl fans to meet cutie in person!

Anyway, i like the poster idea and the scrapbook like album with our messages. I guess @mrdimples we can even use the tweets that we've sent him last baeksang awards to augment for the *possible* not too many messages since the project is short noticed. I believe @coolreborn has screencaptured those tweets.

But we really need something to have it stand out. I attended some events before and we made a flip sign board about 1/2 lengthwise illus board that has a really catchy message for which we have successfully caught his attention and because the artist kept looking at it, the tv director focused us even. And another event, using the same idea, we were also approached by the organizer and we had a photo and vid taken for the artist.

Sooo maybe, we could make the poster something of a banner type that cutie can easily see from a far and will catch his eyes? Btw @manyearsago, will you be holding up the poster or just give it to Joo Won during thr handshake or at the gifts area? I think, if ever, the album/scrapbook should be a bit small so you could easily carry/smuggle it and to be able to give to cutie personally, coz sometimes they don't allow bringing gifts when approaching the artist. I think giving it directly to Joo Won is highly possible as i think i've seen him carrying what looks like a scrapbook during his visit to Taiwan.

As for the messages, when's the deadline again? I'm

Still busy with RL and hopefully I can make one tom and send it to you! Thanks for all the efforts of everyone! Hwaiting!

mrdimples said: manyearsago said: @jwonnie @mrdimples @ellasam81 @daydreamsindecember @coolreborn and others
B)canvas printing  (http://webtoprint.officeworks.com.au/engineV7.asp?cat=369030543)

Guest septmoon16

@daydreamsindecember --- wow that's awesome! it looks so good and would make a great wallart for his room :P

do you know how much the fee is for hi res?

I just love working with you girls.  It would be good if my colleagues are all like that.  Thank you very much for your feedbacks and inputs.
I will be leaving home in 15 mins to check the materials and speak to the printer.
Thanks @daydreamsindecember for the artwork.
After seeing the mosiac, I need to check the canvas to see if we a good result can be achieved for printing this or similar artwork on canvas.  If not, polyester will be the only option.
@mrdimples  Me too, same approach!! I think that is also the page numbers I am aiming for.  Thanks for your feedback.  I hope I can find some scrapbook which can accommodate me adding extra pages in case you girls sending me their messages in the last minute.  If I don't have this option, 20 pages will be what I am aiming at. I will go for something small as I hope JW will carry it around easily for reading although he may not understand our languages but our thoughts are definitely here.  Can I leave you to liaise with our designers on poster concept as I think we are running out of time for further open discussions as everyone has their real life and we are in different time zones.  I apologise if you found me being abrupt !!
My mission is simply to gather what you give me and I am your pigeon sending our thoughts to JW.
@jwonnie  they are all nice options, if you must need an answer from me.  I go for the heart.  To me 'actor with human smell" is the one who has a warm heart and considerate thoughts.  Anyway, I go with the majority.  If you are running out of time too, please pick the one you like.  I am not fuzzy at all.
Since I will be doing other house chores and babysitting, I won't be reading your posts late this afternoon or tonight.  Pls don't think I am ignoring you.  Thank you for your understanding.