[Drama 2010] Naughty Kiss / Playful Kiss 장난스런 키스

Guest mijoong

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 31st, 2010 // by girlfriday

JungHyeYoung2.jpgKimHyunJoong2.jpg

There’s an interesting phenomenon these days where actresses are being cast in the role of Mom younger and younger. Not only that, but sometimes the age gap between Mom and Child is quite ridiculous, if you think about it. Jung Hye-young is no stranger to playing a mom, as she knocked it out of the park playing Iljimae’s heartbroken mother in Return of Iljimae, barely 14 years older than Jung Il-woo. In Playful Kiss, she’s now set to play opposite Kim Hyun-joong in a similar capacity, who is only 13 years her junior.

What’s crazier is the age gap on the set of SBS’s Giant, where Kim Suh-hyung (34) plays mother to Park Jin-hee (32). Now THAT’s a little nuts.

KSH_ParkJinHee.jpg

Kim Suh-hyung said, “This is the first time I’m playing the mother of an adult character, so it feels a little strange, but I knew it would be a great acting opportunity.” It’s pretty gracious of her, considering they’re the age of friends or sisters, certainly not mother-daughter.

Their characters have yet to cross paths on the show, so as of now they aren’t sharing the same screen, but they will in due time, and the meeting should be epic, on many levels.

In Playful Kiss, Jung Hye-young (37) will be playing Mom to Kim Hyun-joong (24), and she worries about portraying the relationship realistically. She’s a young mom herself, besides being a standout actress, so I don’t think she’ll be lacking any believability, regardless of the age gap.

The producers said of Jung, “Her character is a lovely, loving mom who believes in the power of affirmation. Jung Hye-young will be a cute mom who makes us forget about her age gap with Kim Hyun-joong.”

Funny, but that statement makes it sound like she’ll play even younger, like a friend-mom, which I’m fine with. I love a Gilmore-girls-esque rapport. Although you need a Rory to hold her own in that sort of dynamic. Ahem. No comment.

BJO_JiSung.jpg

Over on the set of MBC’s Kim Suro, Bae Jong-ok (46) plays Queen Mother to Ji Sung (33), another 13-year age gap. But that’s not even the half of it. In 2005′s Beating Heart, they played a ROMANTIC COUPLE. From lover to mother? That’s pretty mind-blowing, if you ask me.

Bae Jong-ok said, “Playing Ji Sung’s girlfriend, to playing his mother, made me feel my age.” But Bae does undergo a strong makeup transformation for the role, and she, again, is an amazing actress. So while it must feel weird for her, I have no doubt she conveys both quite convincingly.

On SBS’s morning drama Plucky Girl, Lee Yuri (28) plays Mom to Hong In-young (25)! Somehow their 3-year age gap is even more unbelievable, because both actresses are in their twenties. I, for one, can’t tell who in the picture below is supposed to be the mom and who’s the daughter.

Granted, Lee’s character remarries and thus Hong In-young becomes her step-daughter, but she still calls her “Mom” on the show. Hong said, “In the drama our characters are four years apart. But in reality that’s ridiculous. I know they say age is just a number, but if it were my real life, that would be really strange.”

Well, at least this age gap is a plot point, and an intentional dramatic twist on the stepmother-daughter relationship. Otherwise who’d believe it?

LYR_HIY.jpg

This growing trend has some audiences doubting the believability of such casting choices, and wondering if there’s such a dearth of actresses out there. Personally, I don’t think the general trend is that crazy, given that the 30-something single girl is only lately becoming a viable option, in the last few years. Before, actresses had to go straight from twenty-something maiden to 30-something ajumma. Now there’s more of a range, and it isn’t a new thing for actors to be cast off-age. Although playing a guy’s mom after playing his girlfriend is…a little squicky. I don’t envy her.

Eyes are turned towards Kim Suh-hyung (Giant) and Jung Hye-young (Playful Kiss) to see how they meet the “Mom Challenge.” My guess? They’ll score home runs. You don’t get to be a seasoned actress for nothing.

speaking of KISSable lips, i'm putting such high expectations on the first one!

the teasing kiss:

iswak01.jpgitazuranakiss71.jpg

actually, it is the post-kiss/Irie's reaction that i'm most looking forward to.

i think that scene--^ will make or break the series for me. i just cant help having so much expectations on that one scene alone!

---

edit: @em.sie - iswak is simply a fun drama for me. i'm trying so hard not to spazz about ISWAK here since it's a little inappropriate. lol. the kiss was technically a first, since the "first" one was quite an accident.

Guest em.sie_1813

HAHA. Yeah right. She's too young for me to be a mother.

I know Jung Hye Young will play a mom that Seung Jo will really hate being so importunate. :lol:

LOL. I wanna see that already! :D

EDIT:

Rewatching Itazura Anime. Having fun in here! :lol:

EDIT2:

@uruchai ... waah.. Nice photo!

I remember ISWAK that scene.. Joe && Ariel were kissing in the tunnel.. That was their 2nd if I'm not mistaken. Haha. :wub:

@uruchai ... waah.. Nice photo!

I remember ISWAK that scene.. Joe && Ariel were kissing in the tunnel.. That was their 2nd if I'm not mistaken. Haha. :wub:

sorry for cutting your post! anyways that was definitely they're second one since xiang qin accidentally kissed the sleepy zhi shu when he was tutoring her xD that was soo cute! it's only in the taiwanese version though, in the manga Naoki and Kotoko's first kiss was in the tunnel. i wonder if they will include something like that in the korean version, have an extra kiss in the beginning or something....i really hope so!

And regarding Jung Hye Young being too young to be KHJ mother. I agree. however if you think about it, KHJ is playing Baek Seung Jo who is in highschool...so I'm assuming his age in the drama is like 17/18. That's like 19-20 year difference, when we're talking about the characters they are playing so it's not too bad I guess.

Guest meteorflower09

“Kissable” star,Kim Hyun-joong,on the set of his new drama

Published August 1, 2010 Celebs , celebrity spotting 29 Comments

Tags: Kim Hyun-joong

kimhyunjoong-20100801.jpg?w=500&h=750

The SS501 leader/KEYEAST newbie has been spotting filming his newest drama.

So, you know by now that Kim Hyun-joong will be the leading actor in MBC’s upcoming comic book drama remake “It Started With A Kiss”. His character’s name is Baek Seung-jo.The drama will begin on September 1st at 9:55pm on the well known MBC network.Those are the facts,right?

Let’s put aside facts for just a moment and turn on our “fan” mode! Dedicated fans of Hyun-joong have just uploaded fancams of him on the set of the drama. You can see the former lovable “Ji-hoo“prepare to transform into super intelligent and cold student Seung-jo.Now, are you ready to peek into the Kissing filming world? Of course, you are!

Check out these two” fan”tastic fancams of Hyun-joong here:

souce http://popseoul.com/2010/08/01/kissable-starkim-hyun-joongon-the-set-of-his-new-drama/#more-80866

176dc60b4c5156090d08482-1.gif

I watched ISWAK about 3-4 years ago and I fell in love with both main characters. Since yesterday I started watching anime version and I have nothing but praise for it. It's brilliant and perfect.

I can't wait to see the first teasing kiss :DD I'm so in love with Naoki right now :D 

credit goes to :layzzie of mischievous kiss Mischievous kiss @ pinoyexchange.com

source: http://blog.naver.com/yhs00259

here is the translation frm the blog:

sn200180yhs00259.jpg

'Funny Kiss' drama shooting place.

most people know only Somyeong girls' high school in Pusan.

I'll show the second shooting places for fans who look forward to 'Funny Kiss' drama.

sn200179yhs00259.jpg

These are the second shooting place.

2 days ago, some of roofs fell down.

So, the houses are being built again.

I think there are fans who wonder if the houses are 'Funny Kiss' drama shooting places.

ddyhs00259.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the car/van for shooting.

sn200181yhs00259.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think this is a scenario, but I don't know exactly what it is.

Anyway, I look forward to the drama.

I can't wait to watch the drama.

she asked her friend to translate it.

Most of the scene are in the Irie's house or Baek's house, this is probably their home

As I read about what happened in the Taiwanese remake, it makes me want to watch it also and read the manga also. I'll definitely have to sit down and watch it before it airs in September.

Here are some playful siggies that I made. If you do use them, please upload them onto your own photobucket or imageshack account.

PKiss6.jpgPKiss5.jpgPKiss4.jpgPKiss3.jpgPKiss2.jpgPlayfulKissSiggie.gifPlayfulKissAnimated-1.gif]

Edit - Getting back to the whole KHJ and the kissable lips factor. Yes, those lips are perfect for mischievous kissing that will make any woman go crazy [also perfect for :wub: -cough x2-... french kissing blush.gif]. As newyorkcitygirl's siggie states "Kim Hyun Joong is prefect"

sn200179yhs00259.jpg - posted by newyorkcitygirl.

^

^ is actually Kotoko a.k.a. Hani's house that collapsed and the reason why she has to move in with handsome SeungJo. I'm assuming that the nicer house is SeungJo's house like nycgirl said.

stupidolive - thanks for the link. I'm reading the summaries and already hooked. After reading the first chapter, I'm laughing out loud. I hope that the drama is funny as or funnier than the manga. SPOILER - I can't believe that SeungJo's mama dressed him up as a little girl when he was YOUNG because she wanted one so bad... ahahah! The whole butt touching thing on the bus reminds me of Personal Taste.-

MBC PR (MBSnest) tweeted about “Playful Kiss’

Yey!!! Playful Kiss just shot their promotional photos!!Im excited!!!I expect the look Leader would be in. I guess, he isn't smiling?kekeke...

-----

Credit: http://twitter.com/MBCnest

English Translation: SS501fighting.wordpress.com

Don’t re-edit+HOTLINK

Give proper credit when reposting, thanks!

Screenshot2010-08-02at81317PM.png

Kim Hyun Joong, Jung So Min starring Drama first broadcast on September 1 [Playful kiss] Now photographing poster at the Seongsu-dong studio keke Please look forward to it ^^

-Bonus: Well,if you are curious as to why I told you Leader will not smile on the poster? Well, because the plot says so. Here's the poster for the Taiwan version:

ISWAK.jpg

CREDIT: Kathy's Bench

WAAAAAAH realllyyyy cant waaaaait to see the poster im sure hj will look so hot even without smiling face:D

Guest mijoong

Update from taesung's twitter here: http://twitter.com/tae_sama

He just posted 2 hours ago, now they are shooting sports day scenes ^^ and the weather is quite hot in Seoul now.

Expecting piggyback everyone? Hehehehe ^O^

Guest em.sie_1813

kawaii.... blush.gif

the house is really cute!! that baek's residence right??

thanks for sharing it anyway!

@jory...

expecting KHJ will not smile in the posters when it releases??! hahaha :D

me too.. I wanna see that already.....

So excited to see JSM character being klutz, clumsy & idiot here ... :lol: :lol: also taesung ..

Guest em.sie_1813

From MBC.

kiss.jpg

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/notice/1769222_27663.html

It looks like a contest for couples that you should post your kiss pics there. Not Sure :phew:

Archived