[Drama 2010] Naughty Kiss / Playful Kiss 장난스런 키스

Guest mijoong

I think it is ridiculous to criticize or prejudge KHJ's performance from a few still photos or his past role in BOF. It sounds like it is going to be the end of the world having KHJ as a lead actor!

To me,the reason for watching this Korean Playful Kiss is purely for pleasure,so I will not bother to compare the productions or the casts with the Taiwanese or the Japanese versions. I'll just be open-minded and look forward to enjoying this new version the way it is.

I'm not a blind admirer of KHJ, but I believe he doesn't deserve any "unfair" treatment.

All I can say is FIGHTING! Joong. I have my faith in you and I know you will do your very best no matter what.

Wow, I wish all of them who bashed KHJ think the way you think.^^, I mean, why don't they just watch and wait for the drama.. enough with those criticizing it won't do any good for both sides, US fans and the actors/actresses.. after all, I'm sure you will still be watching this drama even though you bashed the character of it. lol

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest freylekh

Well I think no matter who the lead star is, some people would still have something bad to say. It's just how it goes. There really are people who bash celebrities and their projects without basis and/or shallow basis.

But on a brighter side, there are those who know how to wait and judge fairly. I know KHJ and all the other stars in this drama will use those criticism to improve on their craft!

Aja Playful Kiss!!!

i dont know how this ppl think.. by the brian or what..im sorry for sayin this n im sorry if i hurt their feelings but they did hurt our feelings (we KHJ FANS who luv his acting)its really annoying me when they criticize him because the pic when the pic itself resemble the manga pic ...

i even grabbed my lil sis shes only 6 years old and she doesnt know any thing about hyun joong..i asked her if the expression of hyun joong and the manga look the same or not she said ohhh yeaa the eyeeees they look a like LOL

anyway the drama is coming soon and im sure kim hyun joong will do his best ...FIGHTINGGGG

Guest bless_u

All i'm saying is that sometimes Korea's Casts pisses me off majority of the time, but this time speaking of Playful Kiss starring KJH...i am above excited and proud of it. Thank god, who made it possible for me to once again watch Korea Drama again. Its been 5 years now that i haven't been watching. The two main character will pull it off well together and they will definitely proves all u antis wrong saying.

Who says he don't even look like the manga character? In my eyes, no one can ever touches the manga characters image as much as KJH. I agree that he matches even more than Joe, although Joe pull it off great too. They are all rookies we need to support him and them,...since i'm too tired of watching same actors and actress portraying each different stories. SERIOUSLY!!!!!

Even though I'm a little worried about KHJ acting, I'm actually pretty excited for this drama. I hope that he can prove me wrong, and show me that he can act. I'm watching Bad Guy right now, and I don't really like Jung So Min's character in that drama, but I do think she's very cute. I think she'll fit her character well, judging from the pics that are released around.

So far, the two main characters look really cute together. I really hope that the PD and writer won't disappoint me this time, since I was soooo disappointed with BOF.

Guest NlCKl

after seeing the stills and bts photos/fancam, i am becoming more excited about Mischievous Kiss. i believe KHJ and JSM are showing potentials in making this drama an enjoyable one. i am not bothered about people who without seeing anything yet have already decided not to enjoy it as much because they don't like KHJ. there are more people who love KHJ. fighting!

btw, this is a thread for mischievous kiss so it would be appreciated if people praising the casting of the other drama would post it there and not in this thread. :rolleyes:

Guest BROKENheaven

People are defending KHJ about how his character is supposed to be cold and expressionless, but thats the problem. When you're an 'expressionless' character you don't just stand there and stare like a robot. Theres so much more you can put into that type of character. It might seem like a simple character to portray, but its not. You use other means to express the character like using your eyes, facial muscles, the way you walk and carry yourself, etc. The problem I see in KHJ's acting is that even though he's supposed to be 'expressionless' he's not even natural at that. He makes the viewer feels uncomfortable at his presence because he gives off too much of an 'im trying to act expressionless' vibe. I felt like he underestimated the character of Rui in BOF. Thats just my opinion.

Sorry im not here to start anything...just explaining this from another view so some of you guys will understand why people are finding problems in his acting. Some people can act completely natural in front of a camera while others can't. But he can improve and I won't judge his acting in this series until the episodes are released.

interesting.. from still pictures.. I noticed fans are critiquing KHJ's acting skill... I feel so bad for him.. Isn't it better to wait for the first episode? (I very seldom post any reply, but I really feel sorry for KHJ)

Guest annika_faith

People are defending KHJ about how his character is supposed to be cold and expressionless, but thats the problem. When you're an 'expressionless' character you don't just stand there and stare like a robot. Theres so much more you can put into that type of character. It might seem like a simple character to portray, but its not. You use other means to express the character like using your eyes, facial muscles, the way you walk and carry yourself, etc. The problem I see in KHJ's acting is that even though he's supposed to be 'expressionless' he's not even natural at that. He makes the viewer feels uncomfortable at his presence because he gives off too much of an 'im trying to act expressionless' vibe. I felt like he underestimated the character of Rui in BOF. Thats just my opinion.

Sorry im not here to start anything...just explaining this from another view so some of you guys will understand why people are finding problems in his acting. Some people can act completely natural in front of a camera while others can't. But he can improve and I won't judge his acting in this series until the episodes are released.

then can you demonstrate what should the right, proper, accurate way of acting expressionless and being a robot. i think you are good in acting, so why don't you go and conduct a workshop for hyun joong so he would know what exactly he needs to do. or better yet, go to group 8 prod company and apply as one of the unit director since you know so well

BOF is hyun joong's first drama series and that time he is not yet too keen in acting but his willing to try and venture to new things. furthermore, he knows all the criticisms thrown against him about his acting during BOF and for sure he would always improve on it given the chance. i don't think he would accept playing the lead in mischievous kiss if he's not serious in improving his acting abilities. come on.. with just initial still photos for the press you would judge that he is not acting as needed by the character. on the photos we saw two different expressions character because that's how they are visualized by the author of itzura na kiss, extreme personalities.

i would suggest that you watch the first 3 episodes before giving your very valuable and expert opinion. i know you don' wanna start something but with the way things are going its the other way around.

it's just a pity that a lot are too wise to comment how bad his acting is whereas they are not in the position of the actors.

Prrrrtttt guysss!!! cease fire! kekeke..^^, To all those who have not-that-good reaction about this drama, just keep it to yourself. This thread was made for PRO-Mischievous kiss drama though, no need to say those things, well that is just to keep the Harmony of this thread.. araso?? Aigooo.. hurts so much, people judging him because of a photo.. aigooo.... :tears:

Guest annika_faith

06skul06 = i know the tone of my post isn't that too good. i just can't help not to react this time. i can't really imagine how a photo would speak a 1000 words that he will be that way during the drama. he's been getting a lot of criticisms in all the things he do.

don't worry that's the first and last time i would react because of the photo, this thread is supposed to be for those who are anticipating and excited for the drama. :)

Guest hillary_vn

ooh come on, stop bashing KHJ, wait and watch the drama before you criticize him. I watched BOF and yes, he was unnatural. But I do like how he acted through his eyes. That expression is what I imagine of Rui character. So in my opinion, BOF is not his failure, it's a beginning for his acting career.

I am so excited about MK coming... anticipating another success for KHJ.

Character poster of PFK:

KimHyunJoong (Naoki Irie = Baek Seung Jo)

659747f1ab24f052b17ec52a.jpg

JongSoMin (Aihara Kotoko = Oh Ha Ni)

fe287fcd43ca9f4293457e34.jpg

LeeTaesung (Kinnosuke Nakamura = Bong Joon Gu)

13f968292b815cda023bf6aa.jpg

Seung-jo Father & mother : Oh Gyung Soo (Baek Soo Chang) & Jung Hye-young

03fe7a5f01803b02faf2c0b5.jpg

Kang Nam Gil (Oh Gi Dong)

d1c52cec4d70cfaecf1b3eab.jpg

Choi Won Hong (Yuuki Irie = Baek Eun Jo) Dongsaeng of BSJ

a885b3b0989d2ae6d8335ab6.jpg

Hani's Bestfriends: Hong Yoon Hwa (role: Jung Joo Ri) & Yoon Seung Ah

a5c70c7ddd390d790dd7dab6.jpg

EDIT:

and about those doubting about HJL's acting i know how you feel. but you have to understand that this thread is Dedicated to PRO-all actors of Playful Kiss.

one of the GOLDEN RULES in each thread is NO bashing of THE ACTORS.

I know that all are entitled with their own opinions but again THIS THREAD is dedicated to no BASHING & No negative opinion.

there are many other blog that you can clearly state your opinion Good or Bad but this one is not one of them....

arasso...?

anyway, give him a break, i knew people say he is a pretty boy, well it wasn't his fault that he was given those looks by his parents, but c'mon people get over it. can you please just overlook his superior genes and see the talents he has. i mean when he started to enter the entertainment industry he doesn't even know how to dance as mentioned by a dance instructor [1][2][3] but now if you look at him even though he isn't the best dancer in world you can clearly see his is a good dancer.

ss501 debuted as 'pretty boys' and many just attributed their looks as the reason they were debuted. but c'mon they won the rookie of the year award that year and what people don't get is that this boys trained together for 2 years, they really worked their richard simmons off to be where they are now...

HyunJoong is a person that works very hard to achieve anything. so in this new field he is venturing cant people just hush up a bit and wait for the first 4 broadcast..? if you dont like it then you can give your opinion then, and if your disappointed then rant rave and scream then dont watch it anymore....

hmmnnn.. well i think i have rambled enough...

well if you read all until here you would probably get that i am HJL bias, a fangirl, obsessive and all that.. but hey SO WHAT..?!?!?

i like him the way he is.. and that all i can SAY...!!!!

As for me I believe he will improve along the way. Give him chance to proof himself.

It will be difficult to him since people will start comparing his acting in BOF with this one. This character will be bit different since it involved a lot of facial expression. By the way...good luck to Hj.... Hwaiitng....

eeekkkk!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS DRAMA TO AIR!!!! *fan girl squeal*

lol :D Jung so min is pretty and innocent looking ;) and Kim hyun joong is just plain hot <3

Let's support and wish for the best for this drama! ^^

Guest BROKENheaven

Wow okay. First, I wasn't criticizing his acting based on any pictures here nor was I criticizing the way he acted in this series. I did state in the end that I AM NOT criticizing his acting here before the series is released. Im just stating my opinion as to WHY to people are complaining about his acting in BOF since I see a lot of, "I don't understand why people are criticizing the way he acted as Rui." Im just here to state my opinion, if you think his acting is fine then thats great. It has nothing to do with whether I can act or not, this is what I see as a viewer. Maybe he'll blow us all away with his performance here, who knows. I don't see my post as 'bashing' but I guess I shouldn't have brought up his acting in BOF in this thread, I apologize for that.

lovewls & bethie - great job with the siggies. lovewls - love the simpleness & color combo of your siggies.

I am very excited about this drama, especially with Group 8 producing. They're known for their creativity. The cast members seems to fit the looks for the characters and I am excited to see KHJ act again as well as JSM. With Bae YoungJoon being his mentor for the Playful Kiss, I have no doubt that KHJ can pull off the role beautifully.

There also seems to be an argument arising over the cast. Please reread Soompi! rules. Negative comments about the dramas and actors are not allowed. A warning before the drama begins isn't what anyone wants I hope.

Slowly and anxiously awaiting the preview and September first!

Photos from Jung So-Min’s daily life

July 27th, 2010

htm_201007271543000107000001070100-001.jpg

Lately, Jung So-Min is gaining attention as her role in Mischievous Kiss is gaining atttention. Her photos from her daily life (with full makeup and possibly full photoshopping) taken sometimes in this June are also gaining traction too. Check them and to witness the lucky chosen girl who is scheduled to have many kissing scenes with Kim Hyun-Joong in the drama.

htm_201007271543000107000001070100-003.jpg

htm_201007271543000107000001070100-002.jpg

Credits: Allkoreangossip.com

Guest blackclip

hahah. sorry, this is so random (x

but i just finished watching Itazura na Kiss,

can't help but noticed the part where Naoki went for the maternity class..

hyunjoong wore that too in the past in variety program: Big Mama XD

hehe ^ ^;

baby1horz.jpg

its useless replying to ppl who bashes ppl with all their prejudices ~.~

i'm sure hyunjoong will prove them wrong in Mischievous Kiss!!!!!!!!

so, lets drop this topic shall we? ^_^

Wow okay. First, I wasn't criticizing his acting based on any pictures here nor was I criticizing the way he acted in this series. I did state in the end that I AM NOT criticizing his acting here before the series is released. Im just stating my opinion as to WHY to people are complaining about his acting in BOF since I see a lot of, "I don't understand why people are criticizing the way he acted as Rui." Im just here to state my opinion, if you think his acting is fine then thats great. It has nothing to do with whether I can act or not, this is what I see as a viewer. Maybe he'll blow us all away with his performance here, who knows. I don't see my post as 'bashing' but I guess I shouldn't have brought up his acting in BOF in this thread, I apologize for that.

I completely understand what you're coming from - and honestly I dont think it's bashing KHJ. you were bashing his acting in BOF and it's completely with merit. I for one can say that he didnt do justice to the Rui character. However, other people are too unfair because they had built this prejudgment already. Who knows, KHJ might do a different attack in this character. we'll never know until the series started airing.

i think that's my main beef with some comments I read - and not particularly from this thread. it's too unfair to judge it from the photos released. KHJ had basically the same expression as Joe Cheng in one of the screen caps posted. but obviously we know that Joe Cheng was able to convey different "cold" expressions because the drama had already aired. this KHJ-drama hasn't! so let the bashing begin -if it does merit- when the right time comes.

Archived