[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

Guest faymm08

masticore said: it feels great to watch the throwback with the exciting nametag ripping again...!! they should do it more often.... i guess next week will be superhero special , cool

Guest prominent

The members seemed way more lively during the team battle to find the items- they should do more challenges like that. The nametag ripping was good, but the members seem to just go through the paces with that. Nametag ripping would be good if they had a mission included, like they use to have in older episodes, like finding those little dolls and one team having bells- that would create more incentive to rip nametags or survive, etc..
I'd say this episode is a good start towards better ones, lets hope the momentum continues and things keep improving!

I feel like Running Man has slowly been getting back on track since the premiere of their recent couples' themed episode.
A lot of us have been arguing for months on how the show really needed to go back to its original roots of why it became so popular in the first place, which was basically showcasing the unique and comical interactions that the members share with each other.
Rather than trying too hard to come up with ideas that would make "The Matrix" feel like a simple children's novel, they started to rely more on good old fashioned games and scenarios that required the members to put everything that they have into it.
Plus, I think it really helps if the members aren't forced to travel across the country while doing random things at certain areas. Not only does that tire out the members, but it also tires out the audiences as well.
Though I will say that I think I've become spoiled since the debut of the "Couples" episode because that episode was really blessed with some incredible strong-willed women as guests, whereas the likes of Krystal and Shin Min-Ah don't exactly flourish in variety conditions unless the scenario allows them to specifically. 

herolee10 said:Though I will say that I think I've become spoiled since the debut of the "Couples" episode because that episode was really blessed with some incredible strong-willed women as guests, whereas the likes of Krystal and Shin Min-Ah don't exactly flourish in variety conditions unless the scenario allows them to specifically. 

Guest dzareth_8651

jo jung suk probably has the best singing voice i've seen on running man. i got goosebumps when he sang in the car.
kwang soo also sings nicely. i hope he can sing some songs for his drama ost(s)

it's a light episode. not an outstanding one. 
here are some observations. 

1. [*]
it highlighted the members' ability to create funny situations even when the games they were given are old and lame. it's an episode which you really watch for the members even if there are guests. most of the A-List actresses are so shy - Ha Ji Won, Shin Min Ah but their "brains" is demonstrated when they are able to make the most out of what they have. Ha Ji Won turned "naughty" in the badminton game and played with the members' affection towards her. Now, Shin Min Ah utilized his partnership with Gary to have something to play with on the showthe last game was good. again, it was light but it allowed some running and some competition and banter between members. for some reason, i think the PDs paired Gary with Shin Min Ah partly to try and get some Monday Couple moments going but Gary rejected any MC moment attempt pretty hard. I could hear MC shippers hearts breaking. LOL. 
all in all, it was a good episode. nothing special but fun. 
i think they were shown an hour early, weren't they? they're on double digits in rating. that's good. 

Guest teddypizza

another good episode from RM  ;;) Shin Min Ah always been lovely whatever she's doing :\"> its the first time Jihyo got spotlight as much as the female guest eventhough they were on the same team. maybe because SMA is too shy and JH being a caring unnie makes them comfortable and i thought Gary and Min Ah will be awkward together in the car never thought they blend quite well(?) even give pet names LOL i think its great they just done a simple and happening games (missed the wind blows  >:D< ) just like an ol' day  :x :x :x

They should do more episode where there's a lot of running and karaoke involved. It's always fun whenever they had karaoke. They really love to dance and sing along, everyone moods are always up during karaoke time.
It's nice seeing running man goes back to its root, it's more enjoyable.

Guest widjaja.emily_1668

Hi everyone! Does anyone here know what song when Shin Min Ah deceived Gary and Kwangsoo ran while he bring the fridge? Thanks!

Guest jagerbomb

The shin minah episode was kinda boring, imo. Yes, shes a top actress but she brought nothing (to the game or personality wise) and it seemed they had to cater to her during name tag ripping game which I find always makes the show boring because we know RM members aren't doing their best for the guest sake. At least jo jung suk did okay and tried with the remaining screen time he got.
They need guests that are entertaining if they want to bring the viewer ratings up..... RM has gotten kind of stale and I find that usually RM is the first variety I watch but now its the last for the past few months now :( still enjoy all the cast members !

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Variety

5:00 PM

1. KBS 1 Night 2 Days 18.2 
2. KBS Superman is Back 17.5
3. MBC Real Man 11.7
4. SBS Running Man 8.9
5. MBC Dad! Where Are We Going? 7.2
6. SBS Roommates 5.5

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research
Zo In Sung and Cha Tae Hyun chemistry was just too much I gues... 3 weeks in a row but just note that it is still far from the almost 50% of 1N2D season 1

The shin minah episode was kinda boring, imo. Yes, shes a top actress but she brought nothing (to the game or personality wise) and it seemed they had to cater to her during name tag ripping game which I find always makes the show boring because we know RM members aren't doing their best for the guest sake. At least jo jung suk did okay and tried with the remaining screen time he got.

They need guests that are entertaining if they want to bring the viewer ratings up..... RM has gotten kind of stale and I find that usually RM is the first variety I watch but now its the last for the past few months now :( still enjoy all the cast members !

Yes, sometimes they play easy for the sake of the guest. I rather like the guest all out, like the villain actress recently and episode when baek ji young-gukjoo comes and etc.

But so far it still entertaining for me

interesting though that the Shin Min Ah episode which the international fans seem to not like pulled off the higher rating in Korea (10+%) than the Superheroes episode which the international fans like (7+%). 
there really is a difference between the korean fans and international fans. also want to show this clip:

i love how the VJs are visible in this clip. you can see how hard they really work and what it says about the Running Man members. through the years, members have had a fixed VJ. the VJs have rarely rotated because:- they have established a working relationship with the member and know the member well enough to get the best shots- their athleticism matches with that of the member
in this clip we can observe:- Gary's VJ is the fastest runner but still couldn't catch up with Gary's running- Song Ji Hyo's VJ didn't have any problem staying side by side her as she is not a fast runner - Yoo Jae Suk's VJ got a lot of shots when YJS was still standing as he knew when to take a shot from YJS' point of view and when to focus the camera on YJS BUT when YJS was running, in that single shot that was shown, he was far behind, goes to show YJS is a fast runner- Kim Jong Kook was fast in the beginning but eventually, his VJ was shown running side by side him, showing he slowed down
i hope to see an episode where the VJs actively participate in the games. maybe, a VJ vs RM... 

Guest thejackal

klent said: interesting though that the Shin Min Ah episode which the international fans seem to not like pulled off the higher rating in Korea (10+%) than the Superheroes episode which the international fans like (7+%). 
there really is a difference between the korean fans and international fans. also want to show this clip:

i love how the VJs are visible in this clip. you can see how hard they really work and what it says about the Running Man members. through the years, members have had a fixed VJ. the VJs have rarely rotated because:- they have established a working relationship with the member and know the member well enough to get the best shots- their athleticism matches with that of the member
in this clip we can observe:- Gary's VJ is the fastest runner but still couldn't catch up with Gary's running- Song Ji Hyo's VJ didn't have any problem staying side by side her as she is not a fast runner - Yoo Jae Suk's VJ got a lot of shots when YJS was still standing as he knew when to take a shot from YJS' point of view and when to focus the camera on YJS BUT when YJS was running, in that single shot that was shown, he was far behind, goes to show YJS is a fast runner- Kim Jong Kook was fast in the beginning but eventually, his VJ was shown running side by side him, showing he slowed down
i hope to see an episode where the VJs actively participate in the games. maybe, a VJ vs RM...