[Drama 2010] Gloria 글로리아

Guest sayroo

I just woke up and I had to find out if there is a happy ending or not - now that I know ....I will watch eps. 50 later (until the subbs come out). I really want to thank all you Gloria fan @Ahoxan (you are saving my sanity by providing me the softsubs)@dramaok for the translation @ Alchocoholic for the files to download and others (and I mean all - I can't remember you but "thank you"). But the best is all who we have shared spoilers, translations and just being there for me. Again until we meet again at another drama - Happy New Year!!! :lol::lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in hurry to finish so I didn't watch every scene (but will do so soon) but at which scene was 3 years marriage mentioned? Dad asked Gloria if she'll accept his son (KS) and she said she will.

Because Gloria is very busy, they don't have time to go on honeymoon so KS is pouting. He asks Gloria to cancel some shows so that they can go on honeymoon but Gloria said she can't. She said they go this summer when she attends show in US but KS is pouting because it'll be "work-honeymoon". LOL!

The reason why JS's mom calls KS, JS is because she had "let go of her mind" and she is not mentally sick and the doctor told the family that she'll get worse. She doesn't remember KS but thinks KS is JS and will continue thinking that way. KS and Gloria offered to live with them but Dad told him it's not necessary since Gloria is busy and all they need to do is visit them once a month.

Rich grandma asked KS to take over his Dad's company. KS at first refused but grandma told him whatever profit is made from the company, she wants the money to be distributed to the charity/poor so KS agreed.

Last scene where Gloria is singing on the stage is night before her wedding. She wanted to stand on the stage where her life as singer started.

i just finished watching the entire ep50. Did the dad mentioned about 3yrs marriage? (excuse me with my limited knowledge of korean)

I thought i heard KS talking to Jinjin about marriage and 3 yrs. :blink:

It was really thoughtful of KS's mum to tell KS to return home as his dad is going thru difficult times.

And so KS remained in the house throughout after JS died.

JS mum refused to accept JS died and she always call KS as JS.

And so Kangsuk became the "son" of the 1st wife.

The dad also nvr correct her and simply let he hv her way of calling KS as JS.

I'm going to miss KS throwing his mini "tantrum" at Jinjin.

LoL..

i have missed those times where YS/DA KS/Jinjin tease each other. :tears:

happy lunar new year everyone!

see u around somewhere outthere at another drama thread..

Guest dramaok

i was quite emotionally invested in assorted and gem and though the last quarter sucked, i still look at it fondly. it gave me lots of laughs and warm feelings.

as for gloria, i think it sucked pretty early on for me, enough that i never became emotionally invested. the ending i think it's actually probably more conventional "happy ending" than assorted gem. justice is supposedly being served, i think. it's just that it's so forced and i am not a religious person this feels too preachy.

plus i can't bear to watch the one who actually pulled the trigger, Dong Ah's dad, getting his facial treatments with the mistress of another guy who watched his now son-in-law almost beaten to death.

yuck.

but i think for ppl who were more invested emotionally for the Jin Jin and Kang Suk couple, it is more of a happy ending.

to each their own.

i am just happy to see Kyle from assorted gem again in new tales of gisaeng.

that's closure for me. LOLx.

a load of crap.

aja to everyone who endured through.

Ditto!

I hate to ask but in terms of the series, specifically the finale, how did it rank with Assorted Gems? I spent 6 month on that show and it ended horribly. Given the reaction to the ending it wasn't exactly what everyone had expected.

With regards to Ji Suk did they at least make his demise seem plausible or did it seem to be more of a rush job to end his characters part in the overall story?

The first half of the series was good... until the hiatus.

After that...

The plot went strange.

Character development became unrealistic...

Plot lines began to use cliche that didn't really fit

with the characters as they had been developed to that point.

Changes to the characters are not consistent with human nature.

It felt like the writer had been changed...

... and no-one informed us viewers that the newbie writer

... was just lifting bit & pieces of makjang drama here & there

... and forcing the disparate pieces together without regards to basic writing tenets.

After seeing "SG" (which I regard as the best of 2010)...

... the writing of the 2nd half of "Gloria" looks really sloppy.

... bits & pieces of the plot puzzle are scattered and forgotten.

Like JS' spy in Double Sharp;

... I thought maybe he was left in place to keep tab on information loss...

... But it does look like the writer had forgotten all about him.

All of our concerns seems to have been valid:

- Death to the perpetrator... with no sense of real accomplishment.

- Insanity to another villain.

- Sudden remorse forced by failure.

- Repentance at the drop of a hat.

- ...... etc...

Assorted Gems:

- I didn't hate the ending.

- I didn't find the ending fun and interesting, but...

- Most of the issues were resolved in a planned fashion.

- Characters were developed according to human nature.

- Some characters changed... through growth or emotional trauma...

- Most stayed the same and live on normal lives... with only superficial surface change.

The plot stayed true to the theme as spoken by Bi Chi:

People Don't Change.

Any Change Requires A Lot Of Work.

I still watch Assorted Gems at times for a few favorite scenes.

I doubt that I'll watch anything from the second half of Gloria again.

Guest dramaok

i just finished watching the entire ep50. Did the dad mentioned about 3yrs marriage? (excuse me with my limited knowledge of korean)

I thought i heard KS talking to Jinjin about marriage and 3 yrs. :blink:

i think maybe you misheard. KS mentioned "winter." 겨울. kyeo-wool. which kinda sounds like "getting married". 결혼. kyeol-hon.

i dont know about the 3 year. i didn't hear it. i am still only on the 30-40 minute mark. KS's dad is suddenly playing matchmaker to everyone.

Ahoxan's views are identical to mine, on both dramas.  :)

Gloria is very disappointing.  They should have renamed the drama to "Bad Guy"!  hahahaha  :P

I'll write my own ending ... just for my satisfaction:  Jin Joo tells Creepy that she'll help him run away.  Once, she gets him in the car, she drives herself and Creepy over a cliff ... since they are the ones where everything started, anyway.

And, for the cancer to reoccur in DA's Dad.  This time, with finality.  JS' mother goes looney and is cared for by JS' father in a small house in the countryside.  THE END!excl.gif

Guest dramaok

you know what i just finished watching this.

and i have to say the last 5 minutes were done beautifully.

actually it was the last 3 minutes. done very nicely. very touching.

Na Jin Jin, Gloria shined!

Bae Doona rocks!

82741170.jpg

if they had put half the effort they put in creepy to develop Gloria's success more.

this would've been an amazing drama.

Bye everyone!

Ahoxan's views are identical to mine, on both dramas.  :)

Gloria is very disappointing.  They should have renamed the drama to "Bad Guy"!  hahahaha  :P

I'll write my own ending ... just for my satisfaction:  Jin Joo tells Creepy that she'll help him run away.  Once, she gets him in the car, she drives herself and Creepy over a cliff ... since they are the ones where everything started, anyway.

And, for the cancer to reoccur in DA's Dad.  This time, with finality.  JS' mother goes looney and is cared for by JS' father in a small house in the countryside.  THE END!excl.gif

I agreed with you Auntie Mame. I really think there were two writers in this drama. After eps. 30, this drama went into a big dive!!! I really watch this drama was for JJ and KS. But now that it is over, I can really go back an analyzed this drama. As Auntie Mame had written, this drama should have been calle "bad guy". I have never seen so many wishy washy characters in this drama ie., DA father and YS father.

I honestly liked this drama, well on the first half of it that is before it went all out on the dark road of revenge... The revenge plot totally sucked the fun out of the drama not even 1/4 was left of what they had in the beginning... well, too bad! Good thing Secret Garden was there!!! hehehhe!

As a was watching the first minute of the last episode one thought was constant "they couldn't be having Jinjin sing Gloria at the end, right?" and so there was the ending...

at least we got the 2 couples back to their old bickering times one defending the other... 

I was thinking on how this would come to an end and even considered JS committing suicide [which actually happened] but that would be letting him off the hook way too easily. Though he was already remorseful of what he had done but how for how long? 2 days? and he went on living as if nothing happened for more than 10 years now that's really not right.

JS's mom going "crazy", well she just loved his son so much and though of him so highly despite the horrible things that he did so she isn't able to let go of his son resulting to KS being a double son...

On KS's wedding day, his mom wouldn't be able to stand there as his mom because they need to satisfy JS's mom... but I wonder how that would play out as when they have their vows he would be Kang Suk not Ji Suk, wouldn't that confuse the already insane mom?

And it does bother me that Jinjin is regarded as already famous but she still gets to stay in their old house and perform in the club without much problem... then she is flooded with reporters in her dressing room but not anywhere else...

But anyway... it's done... it was good while the fun lasted... 

Guest rainy75

i think maybe you misheard. KS mentioned "winter." 겨울. kyeo-wool. which kinda sounds like "getting married". 결혼. kyeol-hon.

i dont know about the 3 year. i didn't hear it. i am still only on the 30-40 minute mark. KS's dad is suddenly playing matchmaker to everyone.

Thanks dramaok. Maybe that was what mentioned. I'll wait for the subs to see what it was translated as.

hmm.. would someone be kind to translate :

1. the Jisuk and jinjoo convo before he commit suicide?

2. the note which Jisuk left for KangSuk?

Guest samasta93

the spirit of KS-JJins' love was the one that drove me to follow this drama...

sigh~

I am disappointed with how they wrapped this drama up~

although perhaps it's half best solution for JS to end his life, I feel like actually JJin was the one who killed him indirectly.. and if I were her, I wouldn't ever think to get married with KS and live happily ever after.. how she would face her father in-law and an insane mother in-law..? and it doesn't make sense that even they could ask KS's father about the possibility if they could stay in the same home?!?! jeez..

I just don't get it, so you guys said that the writer of this drama was changed?

btw, big thanks for everyone in this forum... :D

happy lunar year~

Guest fkamkar49

a load of crap.

aja to everyone who endured through.

But they had chocolate in it so I enjoyed it very much. Thank you for coming to our aide again and thank you for not fighting over my Lindt chocolate like you did on Assorted Gem. I would have won this  one too,  but still.............thank you drama. Hugz

Who knows how is called the next show that is presented at the end of episode 50?

Kamsahamnida!

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sparkling

Much as I wanted the happy ending (and I AM happy it was happy ending for the couple), ending was too unrealistic.

For me it's unthinkable that JJin and KS could be together especially as you mentioned JJin had indirectly caused JS to commit suicide. And even if KS's dad admit it's all his fault from the beginning, how can he easily ask JJin to be with KS? Whether he cared for JS or not, JS was still his first born son and JJoo was "JS's" lover and almost mother of his child. It's really unthinkable in Korean society (I'm sure also in other society too) that KS and Jjin can be together. In Korean society sisters marrying brothers is a big "no-no" so how can woman who indirectly caused so much grief to their family be "accepted"?

With that said, because KS and Jjin are together at the end, I am very happy with this drama and would watch it again and again. Just loved all the cute interaction between all the couples (including the manager and music teacher! LOL!)

although perhaps it's half best solution for JS to end his life, I feel like actually JJin was the one who killed him indirectly.. and if I were her, I wouldn't ever think to get married with KS and live happily ever after.. how she would face her father in-law and an insane mother in-law..? and it doesn't make sense that even they could ask KS's father about the possibility if they could stay in the same home?!?! jeez..

Hi everyone!

Who knows how is called the next show that is presented at the end of episode 50?

Kamsahamnida!

*quoted image*

반짝반짝빛나는, the drama replacing "gloria" has an official webpage now:

i guess it's not sparkling or twinkles, but shining. ^^

it's still under construction but it has a preview video.

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/shining/index.html

starts 2/12/11. so i don't know why the gap after Gloria.

img: sportskorea

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Sparkling

The "Shining" name is still new...

So "Sparkling" or "All That Glitters" is still used on many sites.

ViKi site is now using the multiple names:

Shining (aka All That Glitters/Twinkling/Sparkling)- 반짝반짝 빛나는

http://en.viki.com/channels/2650-sparkling

The short preview video shown on IMBC official site has also been uploaded to ViKi. :)

Okay here is my 2 cents on the eps. - I like it (that is my opinion and all will throw the books at me) - it was just perfect. Now remember I just watched it without subs (still waiting for the softsub to come in). I think if the writer had put too much in ie., showing the wedding and etc., we would have to expect more. And also because this was a rush closing, the elements were in place. I love the near ending part where JinJin went up to the stage and sang GLORIA - perfect!! I know I will probably say something else when I do get to watch it with the softsubs. :phew:

UPDATE: I just finished watching this drama with the softsub (thank you again @ahoxan) and I am still keeping my opinion on what I said above - just sweet and to the point. I think the writer finally woken up from coma to write this eps. :rolleyes:

Update: E49&E50 for the series final week

"Gloria (2010) ViKi Softsubs"

Subtitles brought to you by the:...

~ Team Gloria @ ViKi.com ~

ViKi link: http://en.viki.com/channels/1426-gloria/posts/3902-soft-subs

These were synced to HANrel 720p videos,

but should work for any quality HAN/HANrel videos.

The links will be in folders... (01-05, 07-09, 20-50)

MU Folder: "Gloria (2010) ViKi Softsubs "

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=L8613QYJ

MF Folder: "Gloria (2010) ViKi Softsubs"

http://www.mediafire.com/?jt32qh278aeg7

The new links for this final week of broadcast...

MSSG.E49.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SSFQU2YT

MSSG.E50.X264.720p-HANrel.END.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UTEVE8KZ

Special "Thank You" to

DramaDramaOK and xBlissfulTearsX

for the wonderful subbing.

Thanks to the fabulous segmenting crew and subbing crew.

Thanks to the Glorious Team @ ViKi.com

for bringing these English subtitles to us viewers

Channel Managers:

kazenai & kamkar1

KO-EN Translators:

xblissfultearsx, dramadramaok & jkimx6

(Babybe3zy, mygoza, kiwigirl, troubadour, borashii, LeeJunki13)

Video uploaders:

dreamofjeanie313 & trucalling

Editor:

cgwm808

Segmenters:

sjchung, celint, bobasuicida, kokosoup,

kankokugidi, thwin71, trucalling, Gloriamari

( shidoka, laststranger, GaEul44, tkah, pumpkinattack )

( xamjil, cgwm808, agatha, kasxia, sallu )

Archived