[THE OFFICIAL] Super Junior (슈퍼주니어) Thread #4

i_AM

Guest elfcloud

Just posting a fan article on tumblr. precious ryeowook

"this is a post about why i love ryeowook.

as a lot of you might know, i…did not start as a ryeowook stan. i started off as a kyuhyun stan. kyuhyun has the ability to steal the spotlight and steal your attention and he did exactly that to me–i couldn’t see anyone else past him for the first several months of being an elf.

and as i was catching up with everything i had missed over the last five years with super junior, i stumbled across animal farm. i think that’s where it started, honestly–a small show on adopting dogs, more focused on sungmin and ryeowook. ryeowook chose ddabong, a small dog, not very lively compared to the dog sungmin chose, and i always supposed that’s because ryeowook just has a really strong maternal instinct. he wants to take care of things, wants to make people happy–and dogs are really no exception. but ddabong was sick, and eventually passed away. and as jongwoon was still in the room with ddabong to say his goodbyes, ryeowook was outside in the hallway because he couldn’t handle it. and he sat there, trying not to cry–saying that he felt bad, he felt awful because it felt like he left ddabong alone, abandoned him and left him at the vet’s to stay overnight, the way he was originally abandoned in the dog shelter. he even stood up and tried to get away from the camera. and in that moment, i saw…i don’t know what i saw. i saw this boy with a heart three sizes too big, this boy with bony wrists and frail body, and i wanted nothing more than to be there for him.

a lot of people see ryeowook as the cute mother of super junior. and i see that too. but there’s so much more than that. he’s more than just a mother, he’s more than the person who cooks food for his members even if it’s donghae who’s waking him up in the middle of the night because he’s hungry and couldn’t just make some ramyun for himself. he’s quiet and you don’t see him speaking up on camera a lot, which made learning him so much more amazing.

i mean first off, no one can deny his talent. it takes a lot to be ranked in the top three singers of such a big group, but ryeowook did it. (and does anyone remember the fact that he only trained under the company for two months before he debuted?) and then there’s his piano, which unfortunately is not showcased as much as i would like it to be–you can see that when he says he knows a bit, he’s actually been studying since he was a child. i really hope i can be a good judge of that. here’s a compilation of his piano playing, and although i don’t know what he’s playing at 0:17, that takes several years of training before you can get to that level. and not to mention he’s composed his own piece–and considering what jongwoon has said about ryeowook’s composing habits, doing so until the early hours of the morning, he’s written more than one piece. i would love to hear them. he’s actually studied composition in university and i can finally find something to relate to with him, a love for classical music, a love for the way sounds fall together and make a beautiful mess. sometimes i wonder if ryeowook hears music the same way i do–hears the chords, and can name them in his head. if there’s one thing i want the most, it’s to see the way ryeowook composes–to see him in a recording studio, just singing. to be in there with him. making music together. that’s honestly the thing i want the most–ryeowook and music.

and i mean okay let’s talk about his looks. i’m not even going to lie, i thought he was ugly at first. one of my friends who doesn’t even know kpop hates going on my twitter and personal tumblr because ryeowook’s face is right there and he hates looking at it. but the thing is, the more you like someone, the more beautiful they become to you. and i think that’s really a testament to how much ryeowook means to me. unconventional beauty is the best in the way that the person is beautiful to you and only you–ryeowook doesn’t have a generic face, and to find him gorgeous means that he really fits your specific tastes. ryeowook is perfect in my eyes because how i see him on the outside reflects who he is on the inside.

and his perseverance? we can all agree that ryeowook loves food more than a lot of things–in taiwan, all he did was stuff his face. he was a bit chubby as a kid. ryeowook loves food. but for the sake of being an idol, he stepped away from it and lost weight. and it’s not the fact that he lost it–it’s the fact that he was able to have a will that strong to do it. we all know how hard it is to keep a healthy diet. but ryeowook did it–he did it and he’s still doing it, always refraining from food, even staying in the van when the other members go out for a feast. years of this and he hasn’t given up. and that’s honestly the reason why i think he really deserves to be where he is–he isn’t the first person to sacrifice things for his dreams–and this is his dream. the stage is his dream. to be able to put on a mask and perform for an audience, to have fun while doing so–to be someone completely different but exactly him at the same time–i can’t even fathom what it’s like, to stand on a stage in front of millions, not even able to hear the sound of your own pounding heart because of the screams, and to finally feel like you fit in your own skin. ryeowook originally wanted to be a solo performer, he wanted the entire stage to himself–he had big dreams and big ambitions and he took a leap of faith and he made it. ryeowook made it, you guys. someone who is not talented in dancing, someone without a generically beautiful face, someone who isn’t outspoken and isn’t the best in variety made it.

and then–another one of my favorite parts about him, as if not every part of him is my favorite–there’s the way he treats himself. we all know how he treats others–the other members always say that ryeowook puts them before himself. which i don’t doubt is true. but at the same time–he knows how to take care of himself. there are some members that you just worry for, like jungsu and siwon, but i have never found myself worrying about ryeowook. he knows his own limits–he sleeps early when he’s sick, he never pushes himself when he knows he can’t handle it. and that’s an attribute that not every idol has. ryeowook doesn’t lose sight of himself. he knows who he is. and he takes steady steps forward when he’s capable, and stands back and breathes when he’s not. this is the main reason why i look up to him so much–because so many people don’t realize how important it is to treat yourself right.

and he’s so wise. ryeowook stepped into this industry knowing what could potentially happen. fan wars, criticisms, scandals–he has never slipped up before in public. i have never seen him angry before–which i definitely imagined he would be, if we think back to the whole fiasco at his musical. things have happened to him–things that would make normal people livid.

but that’s the thing. ryeowook is flawed and probably has many ugly sides to him that we don’t see because he has such control over himself. ryeowook can be angry. he’s not some naive kid who thinks the world is full of sparkles and rainbows. he’s seen scandals come up. he’s seen things that have happened with the other members. the world is sometimes a cruel place, full of hate and hurt and ryeowook sees it. and sometimes he’s sad about it. sometimes he’s angry about how unfair and unreasonable it is. but then he puts it behind him. he takes it in stride. ryeowook is mature and sees how awful people can be, and instead of forcing a smile to get through it, he finds things to smile about instead. ryeowook makes his own happiness. he finds joy in the little things–having lunch with dalma, seeing his label mates make their comeback, being able to perform with hyungsik–we see how important these things are to him, but if we take a step back and look, aren’t these things small? aren’t they tiny and insignificant? i honestly think that’s ryeowook’s key to being happy–if you find the beauty in small things, the bigger picture which is oftentimes obscured isn’t quite as intimidating. take it one step at a time.

ryeowook is so sure of himself, he is so comfortable in his own skin that it’s enviable. even though he’s always striving to be better, he enjoys where he’s at now. for him, every day is another opportunity to enjoy yourself and to make the next day even better. ryeowook looks at himself in the mirror and he can confidently say that he likes the person who's looking back at him.

honestly, if we get down to the core of it, that’s why i love ryeowook. because he’s real and he’s not at all perfect, and he’s okay with it. he’s perfectly okay with it."

source: http://jiaozi.tumblr.com/post/11705491793/okay-i-have-tried-expressing-this-before-but-lets-try

Guest elfcloud

150521 Sukira - Leeteuk: "Recently Sukira is on first place (on KBS-radio programs), Ryeowook really did so well (cr:MoonsLounge) CFiMzqKUUAAHM8e.jpg

Guest elfcloud

Super Junior-KRY new japanese single "Join Hands" will be released on 5th August 2015

3 ver: CD+DVD/CD only/ELF ver! 4 cards!

CFl7ByqUkAEL-WC.jpg

via: KyuzPump & raichanxd