Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

South Korea’s 15 Most Watched K-Dramas On Netflix In 2022

8. Thirty-Nine (2022) | 363 points

thirtynine2022.jpg?w=716

Genre: Romantic, Drama
Synopsis: This series revolves around the life, friendship, romance and love of three friends, who are about to turn 40 years old.
No. of episodes: 12
Starring: Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, Kim Ji-hyun
Written by: Yoo Yeong-ah
Directed by: Kim Sang-ho
Network: JTBC, Netflix
Date: February 16 – March 31, 2022

SOURCE

Son Yejin die hard Shilloe fan since 2004  was in Seoul, Korea last July and visited places with Son Yejin endorsements like Crocodile Ladies and Younglim Home & Living at Sompa Gallery Seoul, trying out Few Water etc
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cf_aLCGpXaZ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

9833-D37-F-536-C-46-F3-9-BD1-F5-BA08798-

EE4-A2778-8-C78-43-BF-BBF3-A0-B56-C43498

Spoiler

2-AD48-AE6-994-E-440-B-8-CD1-3-D3447-EF7

759712-D5-CEA8-466-D-A344-33-DF8-A1-DADC

6-A824830-83-DE-4-F45-B3-DF-84-C2622-FDD

ctto

Hyun Bin is a very private person and someday he will follow Rain & Kim Taehee path

“I make the effort.  I try to protect it”  ~ Hyun Bin, 2021 

SOURCE (1)

SOURCE (2)

ctto  Kim Taehee thread,willenette

Throwback to an old Hyun Bin interview on thought of having a family of his own

”To make my family happy is my goal” ~ Hyun Bin, 2010

Why is the public obsessed Son Ye-jin's four-leaf clover? Popularity of actresses in their 40s who enjoy challenges

2022.08.07. 10:41 am

2022080801000509300030282_20220807104102

Prior to this, Son Ye-jin's daily photos became a hot topic for several days.

When Son Ye-jin posted a photo of a rainbow and a four-leaf clover on her Instagram, fellow actress Lee Min-jung commented, 'Isn't it manipulation?' 

Lee Min-jung's words, which have boasted a sense of humor to the extent that he is usually called a commentary master, have grown the game again this time. 

This news called hot clicks from fans with the news of "Son Ye-jin's manipulation theory."

As Son Ye-jin is also about to give birth at the end of this year after having a wedding of the century with Hyun Bin in March, little news about Son Ye-jin is also drawing keen attention from fans. 

An industry official in this regard said, "A lot of actresses in the past peaked in their mid-30s at most in their 20s. After that, they used to draw a downward curve, but now actresses with acting skills and superstars such as Kim Hye-soo, Son Ye-jin, Song Hye-kyo, etc. Their spectrum is also broadening." ""What they have in common is that they continue to challenge and play new characters.I've been showing a good example to my juniors, so I can maintain my star quality and popularity for a long time," he analyzed. 

SOURCE

southkorea-netflix-top15-2022.jpg?w=930&

South Korea’s 15 Most Watched K-Dramas On Netflix In 2022

8. Thirty-Nine (2022) | 363 points

thirtynine2022.jpg?w=716

Genre: Romantic, Drama
Synopsis: This series revolves around the life, friendship, romance and love of three friends, who are about to turn 40 years old.
No. of episodes: 12
Starring: Son Ye-jin, Jeon Mi-do, Kim Ji-hyun
Written by: Yoo Yeong-ah
Directed by: Kim Sang-ho
Network: JTBC, Netflix
Date: February 16 – March 31, 2022

Source:

https://korean-binge.com/2022/04/26/south-korea-15-most-watched-k-dramas-on-netflix-in-2022/

KDramaStars:

Korean Stars With Bizarre Dating Rumors: Gong Yoo, Son Ye Jin, More

BY Geca Wills Aug 06, 2022 09:00 PM EDT

One thing that Korean stars lack is privacy as some media and fans invade their personal life, including relationships. Several actors and actresses have been involved in various dating rumors. While some of it came out true, others got caught up in awkward relationship gossip.

From Hallyu stars like Son Ye Jin, and Gong Yoo to award-winning actors like Yoo Ah In and Uhm Ki Joon, here are some of the most bizarre dating rumors in K-dramaland.

Son Ye Jin

Son Ye Jin

Before being Hyun Bin's wife, Son Ye Jin got caught up in various dating rumors, including Kim Nam Gil, after starring in the 2013 movie "Shark" and Jung Hae In for their 2018 JTBC drama "Something in the Rain."

However, in 2011, the "Crash Landing on You" star was rumored to be in a love triangle involving SNSD's Yuri and Han Ye Seul.

It was so bizarre that the trio never addressed the malicious rumor.

Source:

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/126118/20220806/korean-stars-bizarre-dating-rumors-gong-yoo-son-ye-jin.htm

Squad Goals : 10 Heartwarming K-dramas That Celebrate The Magic Of Friendship

August 6, 2022 3:00pm EST

3-B7-CED5-A-17-F6-416-C-9-BBD-658-A0-D1-

From swapping embarrassing stories over shots of soju to crafting the perfect escape plan out of a dictatorial country – K-drama friendships have paved the way for some of the most engaging moments in television history. If you’re looking for a refreshing switch up from romance series or need something to binge-watch on Netflix with your BFF, we’ve got a list of the perfect shows for you.

Dreamy romances might be the lifeblood of Korean dramas but it’s the friendships that push the plot forward. Whether it’s classmates-turned colleagues that participate in the lead’s passion for being in a band or the heiress who offers her sister-like confidant bribes to go on a blind date in her place – the chemistry between friends in these shows is undeniably electric.

Injecting brevity and laughter into every scene, these relationships also point to the most important values of life – loyalty, honesty, and trust. Not to mention, they’re absolute goals! Spotlighting trios and duos, here are a few K-dramas that celebrate and honour friendships.

These K-dramas on Netflix feature comforting friendships

“Thirty, Nine”

This series follows three intelligent almost-40 women riding out the rollercoaster of life together. This includes loss, love, work, and everything in between. The bond that Cha Mijo, Jeong Chanyoung, and Jang JooHee share is that of sisters and their chemistry was a massive takeaway for most viewers. As they lean on each other, you’ll find it hard not to dwell on the importance of brutal honesty and people who can dish it out when you truly need it. And while the plot and execution itself leave much to be desired, the banter is well worth the binge.

“Crash Landing On You”

Wildly popular and a gateway K-drama for most current Hallyu enthusiasts – Crash Landing On You is a riveting tale about a billionaire Yoon Se-ri who accidentally finds herself in North Korea after a paragliding mishap. Discovered by upstanding captain Ri Jeong-Hyeok, she struggles to find her way back home. And although the show is hailed for its cultural depiction and dreamy, slow burn romance – it’s the bond between the soldiers and the main leads that drives the story forward. From engaging in witty banter and heartwarming moments of affection to laying their lives down to protect each other – these friendships are underlined by loyalty, respect, and trust. We can’t think of a better benchmark for squad goals.

SOURCE

[Interview] 'Tower' Son Ye-jin "'Mysticism', even if I want to, I don't have the personality to do it"

51884757.2_59_20121228070402.jpg?type=w4

Actress Son Ye-jin said, "I started 'Let's go play in the water', but right before filming started, it was so hard and I didn't like it." Reporter Kook Kook-won onecut@donga.com

Son Ye-jin (30) is a 'performance guarantee check' learner. She might be, maybe she just doesn't know. 

When she always chose her work, he chose a role that allowed him to immerse himself deeply in the character, and was well-received for showing a distinct character at his will. 

As such, she recorded her moderate box office score for each of her works, earning her the nickname 'Kingdom Queen'. But his efforts were never in vain. Son Ye-jin said, "I shouldn't be like this, but every time a movie comes out, I can't sleep." 

Son Ye-jin, who worked with new directors and junior actors, was burdened by checking the scores and audience reactions every week when the movie was released, and is one of the actors who do her best to promote the movie as fiercely as anyone else. 

But for this 'Tower', I want to lean on the seniors. She said with a smile, “When am I going to do a masterpiece like that? 

However, she also said responsibly as a filmmaker, saying, "'Tower' is a work that needs to be done well." 

When asked if he was expecting 10 million actors, Son Ye-jin said, "There are many actors who appeared in the 10 million movie 'Haeundae'. So it seems to be compared a lot to 'Haeundae'... . Why wouldn't it be nice to become a 10 million actor? I wonder how you feel.”

In the movie 'Tower' (Director: Ji-Hoon Kim, Producer: The Tower Pictures), I met Son Ye-Jin, who played a food mall manager, Yoon-Hee, who struggles in Tower Sky, a high-rise mixed-use building that suffered the worst fire disaster. 

▶ “Falling, rolling, hanging… The most difficult work” 

- It looks like it was filmed with a lot of effort. What was the most difficult part? 

“It was the most physically demanding work I have ever filmed. In that cold set of water tanks, he drowned, stumbled, rolled, hung, and used evil. Do you feel like you've been beaten for a long time? Feeling bitter? I think it was the most difficult.” 

- Seol Kyung-gu said it was hard because of the toxic gas, wasn't it because of the toxic gas? 

“I struggled with water. It was difficult to smoke floundering with lead on the body. It was also difficult because of the poisonous gas. One day we were covered in ashes and we were outside to get some air, and a local resident saw us and called 911.” 

- It is surprising that this is the first blockbuster. 

“It’s the first time. I had no desire for a blockbuster. I like to choose romantic melodies or works that can deal with characters deeply. Blockbuster has a lot of typical characters, so I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But again, when I want to do a blockbuster like this, I decided to do it.” 

- Did your fellow actors or directors say that casting Son Ye-jin was the most difficult?

“Ah~ I auditioned for a movie when I was in high school, and the assistant director at that time was director Kim Ji-hoon.  You remembered me and senior Seol Kyung-gu and director Kim Ji-hoon knew it originally. But when director Kim Ji-hoon said, 'I'm going to give Ye-jin a screenplay', Goo Goo-senpai said, 'Are you crazy? Yejin did this?' In the end, the director, Koo Guo-senpai, and our CEO met privately once, and the script came to me.” 

- I think the process of entering the scenario for Son Ye-jin was more difficult than casting. 

"Yes. At first, the scale was large and I didn't think I would be able to do it, but I was really drawn to the casting of Seol Kyung-gu and Kim Sang-kyung. During that time, I worked a lot with new directors and juniors, so I had a lot of burden of box office success. So this time, I had a strong desire to depend on my seniors. I said that if the movie goes well, it's my fault, and if it doesn't, it's the fault of the seniors. (Laughs)”

▶ “Dust dust on your face… It was the pinnacle of pity.” 

- Still, I would have enjoyed the role of Il-jeom Hong. 

“He was very considerate. So, even when filming in the tank set, it was physically difficult, but I purposely said, 'Let's go play in the water,' and we filmed with a cheerful mind. It meant that I was considerate of my fellow actors. The actors took care of each other, so it wasn’t hard on my mind.” 

51884767.2_59_20121228070402.jpg?type=w4

Actress Son Ye-jin. Reporter Kook Kook-won onecut@donga.com

- Were you really close with Seol Kyung-gu

“It was a little while, but I got closer with Song Yoon-ah and became closer. She met Yoona for the first time at a clothing store, and she said, 'Yejin, I think she's a really good actress.' Actually, it's hard for a senior to say that to her juniors... . The second time we met at an event, we exchanged contact information. But not long after, she was married to Seol Kyung-gu. Thanks to that, she often went to your senior’s house to play and became close.” 

- I heard that you are close with Lee Jung-hyun these days. 

“I recently became friends. Because Lee Jung-hyun and Seol Kyung-gu filmed 'Petal'. There are so many memories between them.” 

- You said you didn't have any celebrity friends on a TV show before, but it's a bit of a bummer. 

"is it. (Laughs)" 

- I think it's because of his easygoing personality. 

“After filming this film, I became more outspoken. How pitiful would you look when you put dust on your face and paint your hands black? ran to the climax of pity. I tried to capture a natural look. Haha, but what if I look so broken? I am suddenly worried.” 

▶ “Even if I want to be ‘mystic’, I don’t have the personality to do that.  

"I know. I have to become a mysterious actress too... .(Laughs) But I don’t think it’s good to cover up, decorate, and use unfamiliar words. I think that's different from being feminine. I am human too, so I want to look good to others. The only way to do that was to be honest.” 

- Before we met, I heard that Son Ye-jin was a sedum-christ.

“It was probably like that at the beginning of our debut. It was difficult to be friendly with people I met for the first time. There were times when they tried to defend me or to move passively. As a result, Nara's misunderstandings and opinions about the actress have piled up. But at the beginning of their debut, everyone had no choice but to be defensive.” 

- Are you comfortable now? 

“Right now, I don’t really care what people say about me. To be honest, that person might think badly of me. Not everyone can see me well. Now that my 30s have passed, I can think about it comfortably.”  

- When are you planning to return to the CRT? 

“A lot of people said they would like to see it on TV. For an actor, a movie seems like a 'work', but a drama is physically too hard. Because I feel adventurous and I don't even have time to think about how the story is going. If there is a work with an accurate frame, I plan to do it next year or so.” 

SOURCE

Disaster Movie 'Tower' Hong Il-jeom Son Ye-jin

l_2013010702000145900050631_59_201301062

I was thrilled to go to the filming site as if I was going on a picnic

. More than 3 million viewers watched it within 12 days of its release. In terms of box office speed, there is only one day difference between the 10 million movie <Gwanghae: The Man Who Became King> and <A Werewolf Boy>, which has been watched by over 7 million people. <Tower> is Son Ye-jin's first blockbuster appearance in 13 years since her debut. I heard the story of the disaster movie shooting site from Son Ye-jin, Hong Il-jeom of <Tower>. 

▲  Appearing on a blockbuster for the first time in 13 years since debut.  Running, falling and being swept away… Water is harder and scarier than fire 

▲ I actually felt the fear of death during the elevator escape scene. During theshoot, I wore only one suit and saw clothes covered in ashes and 
called 911.

Son Ye-jin's character in <Tower> is 'Seo Yun-hee'. She is the food mall manager of the 108-story mixed-use building 'Tower Sky'. With her dazzling beauty and smile, she took care of not only the food mall family but also those around her, and she shines even more after Tower Sky is engulfed in the worst flames. Even in the midst of a desperate crisis, she puts others first and shows the image of a beautiful woman who never gives up hope for her life. As she evokes her pity as an object that must be rescued, she also evokes emotion as the subject of her rescue. “I can feel the fighting spirit,” she said. Not only is her face pretty, but she is also a complete professional in her acting!” etc. have been praised. 

- How was filming with water and fire?

“It was hard for everyone. Jumping and falling and being swept away... . Suffering from the scorching heat and constantly rising smoke and dust. I think it was relatively less difficult for me because other people had a lot of difficult filming. Personally, I was more afraid of water than fire. I was swept away by a powerful stream of massive water, trying not to be washed away, and I had to dive in a tank set with lead in very cold weather. It was really hard and it was a new experience.” 

- You said that going to the filming set is like going on a picnic. 

“Seniors and older brothers always take care of me, I get a lot of joy, and I had fun filming dangerous situations in an euphoric atmosphere. It was the first such scene. It must have been a disaster movie, so there was nothing like that, but I felt a sense of loyalty and camaraderie. There were many times when I was really grateful and moved. Naturally, going to the site was like going on a picnic. When the filming was over, I was so sad that I even said to those around me that I didn’t want it to end.” 

- I heard you didn't want to do it at first. 

“The script was good, but I didn't feel the need to do it. It was a movie that crossed the border between life and death rather than the depth of the character, and whether it was dead or alive was the key. I got an offer while filming <Chilling Romance>. The director often came to the <Chilling Romance> set and said he would do it soon. A lot of people told me good things about <Tower>, so I really gladly made the decision.” 

- It's your first time appearing in a blockbuster.

“It’s been 13 years since I debuted. Personally, I have no desire for blockbuster. I was going to do it naturally someday, but I ended up with <Tower>. I wondered how I would fit in a movie where there are people I can lean on with the help of those around me, who are stepping back from taking responsibility for themselves as the two main characters. I was curious about what it would mean in the filmography, and I was curious about working with various actors.”

l_2013010702000145900050632_59_201301062

- How was the work with Seol Kyung-gu and Kim Sang-kyung? 

“He treated me like a little brother. Gyung-goo is comfortable enough to go home to see her older sister (Song Yoon-ah) and is close, but this is the first time doing a piece of work. The senior Sang-gyeong, whom she appeared in a romantic relationship, had very little acquaintance, but while she was filming, she became very close. She was the mood maker on the set. She was very grateful. There were many actors she was new to working with, such as Kim In-kwon and Do Ji-hwan. Park Chul-min was in <Chilling Romance> and Jung In-gi was in <Unprotected City>.” 

- The scene of escaping with a freight elevator is impressive. 

“I felt the fear of death for the first time while filming that scene. She acted in an enclosed space, hypnotizing and imagining that she felt extreme fear. Her energy consumption was high as she filmed 18 hours. When I thought that something like this could actually happen out of the blue like the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the Daegu subway disaster, the Sampoong department store, and the Seongsu Bridge collapse, I felt her heart swell and her head trembled. She considered the catastrophe to be a nonsense and never thought deeply about it, but she felt her atrocity and pain while filming this time. Her heart felt like it was going to burst and her tears kept coming after hearing the ‘cut’.” 

- The clothes are one piece.

“The story happened during the day on Christmas Eve. During the filming period, she wears only one white suit. The process of wearing and filming was repeated after washing and making it dirty again to connect with the previous scene. I remember the laundry man asking, 'What the hell are you doing in these clothes?' There was a time when, after drinking a lot of poisonous gas, when we went out to get some air, the residents saw the cage covered in ashes and actually called 911.” 

- How did the hidden camera incident happen? 

“At the beginning of filming, I said I would do it. I've done it occasionally for photo shoots in the past, but it's the first time I've done it in a movie. After arguing over the existence of aliens, the sides split and they even attacked people, and they actually argued realistically. Director Kim Ji-hoon said that at first we thought it was a joke and tried to pass it on as a regular thing, but our acting was so good that we came to believe it. Moreover, when senior Goo Gyung threw a trash can and got angry at me and I tried not to lose, he said that he felt that the filming of <Tower> ended today." The teamwork was amazing enough to fool the coach like crazy. We finished filming with this teamwork.” 

- The supplementary filming was also lengthened. 

“We did supplemental filming to supplement the drama section. Drama that touches the hearts of the audience, splendid sights, rapid development... . How easy is it to make a blockbuster that satisfies all of these? As a blockbuster, <Tower> contains not only things to see, but also the joys and sorrows that people experience in life. It is a film where you can feel the importance of family, lovers, and neighbors. It’s going well, but I want it to be better.”

After <Tower>, Son Ye-jin finished filming <Accomplices> (directed by Dong-seok Kuk). Son Ye-jin's 13th film tells the story of her daughter, who becomes suspicious that her beloved father may be a criminal who hides a great secret, and sets out to pursue the truth. Son Ye-jin said, "It is more important to fully fulfill my responsibilities in a good movie than to do multiple works." Son Ye-jin, who will turn 30 in a few days, said, "I hope it will be a warmer year for all of us." She said, "I will spend each day more preciously." 

Son Ye Jin shows off her beautiful baby bump!

August 6, 2022

It is adorable! Son Ye Jin showed off her beautiful pregnant belly in a commercial and there are photos and videos to prove it

First he announced his courtship… then his engagement to Hyun Bin, his co-star in Crash Landing On You , was the wedding and the baby on the way. Now the sweet story continues with the photos and videos circulating on networks about Son Ye Jin's pregnant belly.

The video that showed Son Ye Jin pregnant

It turns out that Son Ye Jin shot a commercial for the NutriVille brand , a supplement brand for which she is an ambassador. The commercial was posted on the company's social networks and… the behind-the-scenes of the commercial revealed Son Ye Jin as an expectant mother.

You have to watch the second 12 of this video!

Yes or no? Really, the smile of the Korean actress is the icing on the cake in the beautiful images that circulate on networks about the commercial session.

Fans began to circulate the photos with the brand's work team, where a pregnant Son Ye Jin wears a beautiful white dress. She just looks at the pictures!

Do you want to see the full commercial? We challenge you to see the actress's belly! Tell us in the comments.

Source:

https://kmagazine.mx/k-dramas/son-ye-jin-luce-su-hermosa-pancita-de-embarazada/