Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

[Interview] I'm so glad it's Son Ye-jin from 'Princess Deokhye'

20160819002219_0_99_20160820170804.jpg?t

“It was the first time that I was disarmed after watching my movie, ‘Princess Deokhye’. Usually my work is viewed from a negative or cold perspective, but it was very strange.” 

Actress Son Ye-jin expressed her first impression of seeing 'Princess Deokhye' (director Jin-ho Heo) like this. It is the first time she cried while watching a movie in which she appeared, but she said that she had never been so immersed in the audience's point of view. It is probably thanks to director Heo Jin-ho's directing, the actors' performances, and above all, the deep pace that comes from the pitiful life of a woman. 

These days, there are people who look at Son Ye-jin and say that she is a 'strong woman in summer'. This is because she proudly cast her vote as an actress in the summer theater district, which is often dominated by male-dominated works. Even in 2014, she was the woman who made the success of 'Pirates: The Bandit Who Went to the Sea', so the exclamation of 'Of course!' flows out of nowhere. Moreover, this work was quite meaningful to her because it was a work that brought out a part of our painful history rather than the entertainment and fun characteristic of her commercial films. 

“It’s the first time I’ve played a real person, even a historical person. Especially in the case of her Princess Deokhye, even her records do not provide detailed information about her life. I just looked at documentaries, photos, and some materials. What I noticed about him was that although she lived wealthy in Japan, she eventually ended her life tragically. She didn't want to glorify him or overdramatize him. However, I thought there must be a side of Deokhye that the audience wants to see. Then she went crazy thinking that Deok-hye was also a woman just like me. As a woman, she thought about what I would have done, and she worked out her acting one by one.”

20160819002221_0_99_20160820170804.jpg?t

As Princess Deokhye is her first title role in her life, he confessed that the burden of the role name and the burden on the box office was huge. But now that he is enjoying her moderate tension, he laughs softly, saying, "What will you do if you don't get it then?" How could you not love her, who always had a fresh smile in her eyes and on her lips? 

“I would be lying if I said that when I said that the best-selling novel was being made into a movie, there was no pressure because the fans had so much interest and expectations. But, surprisingly, she didn't have much hesitation until she decided to appear on the show. Sometimes she was afraid she couldn't handle it alone, but there was such a thing as a strong conviction that she had to do it. From the first filming, I had to shoot a speech scene that was very emotional. I don't know how much I resented the director. (Laughs) But after filming the 'Strength' scene from the beginning, I thought it would be a way to gradually sort out the emotional consequences.”

I met Director Huh Jin-ho again in 11 years after filming the movie 'Going Out' in 2005. She smiles, saying she is not sure when 10 years have passed. 

Son Ye-jin has become a hot topic by investing close to 1 billion won in her 'Princess Deokhye'. According to director Huh Jin-ho, Son Ye-jin, who was concerned that one scene would come out poorly due to insufficient production cost, approached the director directly and offered an investment. Son Ye-jin was shy, saying, "I invested through her agency."

20160819002220_0_99_20160820170804.jpg?t

“Anyway, a movie has to solve everything within a given budget, but 'Princess Deokhye' is a period drama and it required a lot of production cost in terms of completeness. It was by no means a low-budget movie, but I was upset that the budget had to replace scenes that could have been better. I didn't know that because I was an actor, but as I gained experience, I came to know some of the circumstances around me. As an actor, I thought about how to shoot with perfection and the staff focused. Of course, it is not an atmosphere where you can do whatever you want to invest. That’s how things turned out.” 

Regarding the historical distortion and beautification controversy about 'Princess Deokhye', Son Ye-jin said in a cautious and calm manner, "I want to tell you to come and take a look." All criticism was a message to ask them to do it after seeing and feeling the work. 

“We are living in this age, but it is difficult to define what this age is. In fact, a movie is a kind of ‘healing’. I hope you enjoy the time, whether it be laughter or emotion. This movie is just a story of a woman's life, but it also touches our lives. It is our painful history that we want you to remember at least once." 

She said that he still remembers the feelings he felt sorry for Deok-hye while shooting the movie, and he added that he completed the work after a lot of deliberation (distortion of history, beautification, etc.) and believes that the audience will recognize the sincerity. Why did Deok-hye so desperately want to return to her homeland, and why did she have to spend her tragic end years? She simply started her out of curiosity.

“When I stepped on the Korean soil I had been looking forward to at the age of an elderly woman, the scene where all the court ladies who looked after her dressed up and welcomed her made me burst into tears without realizing it. I hope the audience can share the emotions we felt while filming. There were women who lived like this.” 

SOURCE

'Princess Deokhye' Son Ye-jin's elegant undisclosed hanbok poster

20160820000700_0_99_20160820133104.jpg?t

The movie 'Princess Deokhye' (director Jin-ho Heo), which is set to surpass 5 million viewers this weekend, released an unpublished poster featuring the elegant hanbok of the lead actress Son Ye-jin on the 20th. 

'Princess Deokhye' is the story of Princess Deokhye, the last princess of the Korean Empire who was taken to Japan and wanted to return to her motherland throughout her life, whose history was forgotten and hidden by the country. 

In the poster released this time, Son Ye-jin showed off her classic beauty along with her elegant charm as if she was perfectly possessed by her Princess Deok-hye. 

Son Ye-jin's visual, staring at her face in her traditional hanbok, with a vague expression of her sadness and sorrow, suggests how immersed she was in her character as Princess Deok-hye. 'Princess Deokhye' is currently showing in theaters. 

SOURCE

Lee Min-jung, Son Ye-jin, Uhm Ji-won, Oh Yoon-ah and a sweet shot... Princess Deokhye 559 Commemorative Dinner”

20161128002130_0_99_20161128172311.jpg?t

Actress Lee Min-jung revealed a picture she took with Ye-jin Son, Uhm Ji-won, and Yoon-ah Oh.

On the 28th, Lee Min-jung posted a picture on her Instagram with the caption, "Princess Deokhye's 559 commemorative dinner".

SOURCE

Top 10 Best Selling Gentle Monster Sunglasses! "Crash Landing on Love" Son Ye Jin's model ranked first, and the first three models are all necessary models for the hero and heroine of Korean dramas

Inventory of Taiwan's 10 favorite Gentle Monster sunglasses. The common point is that they are all large-frame mirrored models that modify the face shape. They are also a must-have accessory for the hero and heroine of popular Korean dramas and for celebrities to wear privately.

11 AUGUST 2022

Gentle Monster, a cutting-edge eyewear brand founded in Seoul in 2011, not only has 41 stores around the world since its establishment, but also has captured major Korean dramas. It can easily create a natural and unpretentious sense of fashion, so that the audience will never forget it. Even if the TV series has ended, the outfit items in the play are still the keywords that fans and fans search for!

In addition to Korean dramas, many Korean and Taiwanese celebrities also love Gentle Monster sunglasses in private. BlackPink's Jennie, Sun Yunyun, Kunling, Jay Chou and other celebrities, regardless of gender, must come with GM sunglasses! The following VOGUE organizes the favorite styles of Korean drama heroines and celebrities.

Judging from the top 10 best-selling styles of Gentle Monster below, many people choose sunglasses to pay attention to whether they can modify the face shape, while the large-frame mirrors are very popular because they can increase the three-dimensionality of the face, and the color system is mainly low-key and basic dark colors. Without losing your own style:

1. HER-01 $8,270

Korean drama "Crash Landing on Love" actress Son Ye-jin with the same style

The outstanding temperament Sun Yizhen has a face against the sky. In "Crash Landing on Love", she perfectly interprets the queen's momentum of a domineering female chaebol, and the classic HER-01 frame also sets off her noble and elegant intellectual beauty.

3. MY MA-01 $7,950

Korean drama "Crash Landing on Love" actress Son Ye-jin with the same style

In the final episode of "Crash Landing on Love", Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin agreed to meet again in the country of Little White Flowers. Son Ye-jin was wearing Gentle Monster My Ma 01 sunglasses and overlooking the beautiful scenery of Switzerland on a glider. When landing, he finally saw Hyun Bin, who had been looking forward to it for a long time. , set off the climax of the final episode.

This MY MA-01 allows Sun Yezhen, who is flying on a glider, not only to block ultraviolet rays to protect the eyes, but also to match the exquisite arc front frame with the classic black sheet material, which is even more outstanding in the bright red sports suit.

In addition to Korean dramas that make this a topic, celebrities like Melody also love it, and I also choose My Ma 01 sunglasses when I take my children to the beach to relax and play in the water during holidays.

Source:

https://www.vogue.com.tw/fashion/article/gentle-monster-2020-best-sunglasses

20 Best K-Dramas From The Past Decade

Aug 15, 2022

The evolution of K-dramas has been crazy, especially in recent years. Even within the last decade, the Korean entertainment industry has garnered an even bigger international following. There have been more platforms and opportunities to watch K-dramas, which has only increased its viewers and popularity, especially on social media. From 2012 until now, we have been blessed with the likes of some crazy hit K-dramas that will forever be engrained in our hearts. Mind you, this list was almost impossible to narrow down, but here are just 20 of the best K-dramas from the past decade.

Disclaimer: List is in no particular order, and titles are from 2012 to 2022.

the end!

“Crash Landing on You”

crash-landing-on-you-1.jpeg

Hyun Bin stars as the North Korean soldier Ri Jung Hyuk while Son Ye Jin plays the beautiful and charismatic Yoon Se Ri. In a freak accident while paragliding, Yoon Se Ri stumbles into North Korean territory where she meets Ri Jung Hyuk. He takes it upon himself to watch over her while he figures out a way to get her back to South Korea.

“Crash Landing on You” single-handedly brought an endless wave of international fans into K-drama land. While the pandemic was happening in the world, people found solace in Yoon Se Ri and Ri Jung Hyuk’s love story. Although the storyline was a bit out there, people found themselves rooting for the OTP and wishing they were part of the North Korean soldier squad. Their love story even continued into real life, which is a constant reminder of how real the actors’ chemistry was in the series.

Source:

'Princess Deokhye' Son Ye-jin, showing off her beautiful beauty~

20151215003763_0_99_20151215210204.jpg?t

[SEGYE]

'Princess Deok-hye' Son Ye-jin, showing off her radiant beauty 

'Princess Deok-hye' Son Ye-jin showed off her radiant beauty in past fashion pictorials. 

Son Ye-jin, who produced a deep and rich expression like an actress in this shoot, which was held outdoors in the warm sunlight, emphasized her unique clear feeling with her natural hair style and transparent makeup. 

Son Ye-jin layered a white angora sweater and a red color top, exuding her femininity. In particular, her Son Ye-jin caught her attention by boasting her still beauty, crossing over a girlish face and a mature image that showed her pure and neat appearance in her movie 'Classic' 12 years ago. Meanwhile, the movie ' Princess Deokhye' 

is scheduled to be released in 2016 after a four-month journey between Korea and Japan .

f

‘Isn’t it time to think about marriage?’ Son Ye-jin’s answer? 

2014-07-25

20140725001408_0_99_20140725142607.jpg?t

20140725002394_0.jpg

20140725001416_0_99_20140725141705.jpg?t

[SEGYE]
Actress Son Ye-jin (32) captured the hearts of male fans with the movie 'Classic' in 2003. 
Suddenly, she became a symbol of Korean innocence. In the midst of this, as Son Ye-jin is slowly approaching her mid-30s, curiosity about his marriage is increasing.

Son Ye-jin revealed her thoughts on 'marriage' in an interview with Segye.com at a cafe in Palpan-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul on the 25th. 

When she asked Son Ye-jin, "Isn't it time to think about marriage?" she said, "There is still a lot of work to be done," she laughed. “I actually have a nephew,” she said. “Even this morning, I went out to sleep by myself.” 

Son Ye-jin said, "To be honest, I didn't like babies that much back in the day. But after having a nephew, I changed my mind," she smiled. Then she said, "Seeing her sleeping nephew, she thought it might be hot, so she tried to turn on the fan, but it would be cold, so I'm careful."

Son Ye-jin said, "There was a reason why my sister had trouble sleeping." After laughing, "Looking at my nephew, I thought about how pretty my child would be." 

Still, she said Son Ye-jin was struggling between her work and marriage. The 30s are the best time for an actress,” she said with a laugh. 

On the other hand, Son Ye-jin will disassemble as a female boss Yeo-wol in the movie 'Pirates', which will be released on the 6th of next month, and perform various action performances. 'Pirates' was produced with the motif of 10 years without a national seal in the early days of Joseon's founding, and depicts the adventures of pirates, bandits, and the powers of the nation. Especially for Son Ye-jin, her action acting is the first time in her life as an actress, so it is attracting high public attention. 

SOURCE

Son Ye-jin, 'Pirates' viewing certificate.. 'Ice Bucket Challenge' donation

2014-08-22

20140822002144_0_99_20140822164111.jpg?t

[SEGYE]
Son Ye-jin Pirate Ice Bucket Challenge

Actress Son Ye-jin delivered a photo of her viewing of 'The Pirates: The Bandit Who Went to the Sea' (Director Lee Seok-hoon, hereinafter referred to as the pirate) and the donation of 'Ice Bucket Challenge'.

On August 22, Son Ye-jin posted three photos on her Facebook with the title "Pirate Watch".

Son Ye-jin said, "I went to the movies with my nephews for the first time. In fact, my aunt was more excited than my nieces. Two little boys who endured three twists and turns for over two hours. The second kept asking me loudly in the middle and covering my mouth, the first every time my aunt came out. He looked at my face and was amazed. What a movie is. It seems that he doesn't know yet what his aunt is doing. I have attached a photo together.

With the review of 'Pirates', Son Ye-jin said, "Senior Kyung-gu pointed out to me for the 'Ice Bucket Challenge'. I will donate instead of ice water. I am happy to be part of a good cause. It made me think a little more. I think it's a good thing that so many people are participating in a good cause. Have a nice weekend."

Meanwhile, netizens who heard the news of Son Ye-jin's 'Pirates' and 'Ice Bucket Challenge' commented, "Son Ye-jin Pirate Ice Bucket Challenge, 'Pirates' is so fun", "Son Ye-jin Pirate Ice Bucket Challenge, even with ice water and don't donate", "Pirates Son Ye-jin Ice Bucket Challenge, I was born, so my aunt is Son Ye-jin." 

SOURCE

Aug 15, 2022

The evolution of K-dramas has been crazy, especially in recent years. Even within the last decade, the Korean entertainment industry has garnered an even bigger international following. There have been more platforms and opportunities to watch K-dramas, which has only increased its viewers and popularity, especially on social media. From 2012 until now, we have been blessed with the likes of some crazy hit K-dramas that will forever be engrained in our hearts. Mind you, this list was almost impossible to narrow down, but here are just 20 of the best K-dramas from the past decade.

Disclaimer: List is in no particular order, and titles are from 2012 to 2022.

“Crash Landing on You”

AB425-D66-C75-C-40-ED-80-B6-81-D7-E3-CC6

Hyun Bin stars as the North Korean soldier Ri Jung Hyuk while Son Ye Jin plays the beautiful and charismatic Yoon Se Ri. In a freak accident while paragliding, Yoon Se Ri stumbles into North Korean territory where she meets Ri Jung Hyuk. He takes it upon himself to watch over her while he figures out a way to get her back to South Korea.

“Crash Landing on You” single-handedly brought an endless wave of international fans into K-drama land. While the pandemic was happening in the world, people found solace in Yoon Se Ri and Ri Jung Hyuk’s love story. Although the storyline was a bit out there, people found themselves rooting for the OTP and wishing they were part of the North Korean soldier squad. Their love story even continued into real life, which is a constant reminder of how real the actors’ chemistry was in the series.

SOOMPI

'Crash Landing on You' Hyun Bin Expects Western Women to Fall in Love with a Korean Celebrity - CNN

2022.08.15. 2:55 PM

The Korean wave , fascinated by the friendly and romantic appearance of Korean men depicted in the drama, 
is also affecting the increase in female tourists… Disappointed in reality

0006278241_001_20220815145501604.jpg?typ

[Seoul News 1]
The popularity of male characters in Korean dramas played by top stars such as Hyun Bin, the main character of 'Crash Landing on You' and Gong Yoo in 'Goblin', is spreading around the world through Netflix, etc. 
On the 13th (local time), CNN reportedthat many western women travel to Korea in anticipation of the affectionate and romantic appearance of a Korean man depicted in the drama, and are often disappointed. 

Lee Min-ju, a researcher majoring in Korean gender and racial politics at Indiana University Bloomington Campus, USA, made an interesting discovery while visiting Seoul to analyze the impact of increased interest in Korean culture on Korean tourism. Because she found something in common with many young western women traveling in Korea. 

Unlike Asian women, who are busy shopping, Western women spend most of the day watching Korean dramas or TVprograms in hotels or dorms and only after sunset. 

The researcher, who visited eight hostels and interviewed 123 women, analyzed that the 'Netflix effect' appeared in them. 

It is said that those who were fascinated by the appearance of Korean men portrayed in popular Korean drama characters such as 'Crash Landing on You' and 'Goblin' went on a trip to Korea in search of love.

Unlike the West, which emphasizes sex-oriented dating culture, the researcher analyzed that he fell for the romantic, patient, neat and polite Korean men. The Western women interviewed also said that they thought Korean men had a cultured, romantic, and friendly personality. 

They also complained that Western men neglected to take care of their appearance and had biased thoughts. In fact, Grace Thornton ( 25) , a British gardener who came to Korea last year after seeing the love crash landing on a drama, said that Korean men in the drama were surprised at how polite they were without 'catcalling' women on the street.

She said, "Korean men are gentle, charming, and romantic. They are like princes in fairy tales, and they are respectable."  She continued, "Unlike British men who are always drunk and carry a beer bottle, it's cool to see Korean men who dress well and dress well." 

As the interest in Korean content and culture increases, it is analyzed that the number of female tourists visiting Korea is steadily increasing. 

According to government data, 2.3 million female tourists visited South Korea in 2005 , less than male tourists of 2.9 million. However , by 2019 , the number of male tourists had reached 6.7 million, while the number of female tourists had risen sharply to 10 million. 

This interest in Korean culture is also affecting the revival of content featuring Korean male and foreign female couples. If you search for the hashtag '#international couple' on YouTube, about 2,500 channels and more than 34,000 videos appear, showing high interest. 

YouTuber Kwon Soon-hong also runs a channel with her Australian wife, Nicola Kwon, and her international couples channel, and is gaining popularity as the originator of her international couples content.

Nevertheless, the researcher predicted that women are not giving up their expectations of Korean men. He said that he believes that they had no choice but to experience within a more limited scope because they were foreign women, and are committed to the next to find a relationship.

SOURCE

Son Yejin ranks #31 for Advertisement Model Brand Reputation in August 2022

202202180919170410_51_20220218094703147.jpg?type=w430

59-C9819-B-5458-4847-AADD-9343356-FA6-EA

Ranks #17 in June 2022

3-EAD7-FBC-81-B2-48-AD-87-D6-E5848166954

The brand reputation survey for advertising models in August 2022 was conducted by BTS, IU, Lim Young-woong, Yoo Jae-suk, Son Heung-min, Gong Yoo, Son Seok-gu, Black Pink, Kim Yuna, Kim Jong-kook, Lee Chan-won, Kang Daniel, Cha Eun-woo, Seventeen, Lee Jung-jae, Girls' Generation, Jung Woo-sung. , Ive, Espa, Lee Sang-min, Hong Hyun-hee, Kim Tae-ri, Oh My Girl, Twice, Lee Byung-hun, Lee Hyori, Yoona, Jung So-min, Park Seo-joon, Psy, Son Ye-jin, Seo Hyun-jin, Taeyeon, Lee Seung-gi, Park Gun, Hyun Bin, Oh Eun-young, Ma Dong-seok, Jeon Ji-hyun, Park Bo-gum, Brand big data analysis was done on Baek Jong-won, Kim Go-eun, Red Velvet, Kim Hye-soo, Kim Dong-hyun, Kim Jong-min, Park Na-rae, Jang Yun-jeong, Kim Yeon-kyung, and Jung Hae-in.

SOURCE

In 2022, "the most searched Korean actor in the world on Google", Hyun Bin, Son Yejin, and Park Seojun are the champions

912-A1-E19-36-FC-4-A9-D-A5-B2-E8-B1-CEC4

Usually, everyone likes to search for artist news through "Google" Google, especially when the artist has a new work on air, the search volume also becomes very high! But do you know who is the most popular actor in the world recently? Recently, some media have counted the "Asian stars with the most Google searches in the world" in the first half of 2022. Among them, the TOP10 list of "Korean actors" has also been released. "Crash Landing on Love" "Husband and Wife" Hyun Bin and Son Yejin are on the list without any suspense. Lee Min Ho , Cha Yinyou is also on the list, and she is the champion!

TOP 5: Son Ye Jin (No. 55 in the world)

3-B252186-78-E4-4-C05-8207-2-E6-A9-EBA07
Photo credit: Son Ye Jin IG

"Mom-to-be" Son Ye-jin ranks 55th in the world in Google searches! Son Ye-jin not only has the work "Thirty-Nine" this year, but also announced her marriage to Hyun Bin. Their honeymoon trip has frequently made headlines in entertainment news, and the discussion is very hot! Coupled with the good news of Son Ye-jin's pregnancy announcement, it made the whole Internet happy!

SOURCE

New Event: My Soompi Corner- Summer Round-Up :piggydance:

Chingus, so how was the summer of 2022? What dramas have you been watching?  Time to we catch up with each other. Do drop in and share what you have been up to.  

Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

• Like 1

“Valentino Garavani launches ‘V Sling Yejin Edition” named after actress Son Yejin. This edition which is sold exclusively in Korea will be available at Valentino boutiques and online stores nationwide from August 24” ~ Dazed Korea 

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChRtd7pLvQ4/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

C1-B4-ACB1-047-D-4877-B247-14-A20-E61099

0004890788_001_20211208165901975.jpg?typ

0000516870_001_20211209092801482.jpg?typ

Son Yejin was invited to the newly refurbished ‘Bag Bar’ in the Valentino woman’s boutique of Shinsegae Gangnam last December 2021