What I Baked/cooked Today Thread

Guest Help She Can't Swim

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xCrAzY4MiNwOox

there was nothing to eat the other day, so i just made some simple fried rice with whatever i had left in the fridge.

linderz0179vk1.jpg

Guest fakelunacy

I haven't been here much lately..

But boy, this thread sure moved!

Everything looks really yummy!

I haven't been baking, so didn't have anything to post.

Made this some time back,

Oreo toblerone cheesecake:

oreoayu1ay7.jpgoreoayu2dj4.jpg

Nothing amazing, my photography skills are deteoriating like crap.

Sorry for the sucky pictures.

ayu.

Oh my... you should make your own thread just for what you baked and the recipes. They always look soooo good. *drools*

Recipe for this, please? :D

Guest LiLoLeLe

Fish w/ bamboo shoot, pineapples, tomatoes...topped with parshley & green onions...

The fish is buried under all the veggies....It's really good- my favorite fish dish to cook....kinda like vietnamese sour fish stew with a lot less water....

fish%20011.jpg

Guest JungxYumi

plateddessert2.jpg

Hm, I didn't bake anything in the picture except the tulip paste spoon. Everything else didn't need an oven or a stove.

Oh, the description: It is coffee icecream in a chocolate cup sprinkled with cocoa powder; topped with whipcream & chocolate cigarette. Around it is a tulip paste spoon, chocolate sauce, orange sauce, & coffee beans.

Guest rapunzel283

^ Oh baby <3

(But I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of orange and chocolate together... T_T... Jaffa's are the devil's food! O_O!)

That choc cup is awesome :D

My mum and I made a Viet food, banh beo!

This ...doughy base-y thing T_T (it sorta has the consistency of... pho noodles?), mashed mung bean, fried shrimp, coconut milk (there isn't enough on that plate -_-), and nuoc mam (in the corner bowl). Yummmmm <333

NB - this is a hecka big serving. :D

dscn1550qz8.jpgdscn1551ym2.th.jpg

I loooooove Viet food <333

I've been lurking in this thread for sometime already hahas, ahh drools everyones creations looks so yummy!

This is the first time I've ever baked ..so =x it's really ugly =[ I'm working on to improve though! I can't wait to try out new stuff (= well ..on with the messed up looking pics =/ please don't critize too harsly for this is a work of a newbie! =D I baked all of these today, the beginning ones were :crazy: but it improved as I went along with the other stuff.

From..ugliest to okay-ish LOl

applebaby.jpg

Chocolate chip icecream pie. =/ looks yucky? LOl

applebaby477.jpg

YIKEs! this was quite scary too =/ Strawberry Cheesecake.

applebaby479.jpg

Chocolate cake w/ vanilla frosting, kisses & icing--'carmen' & the heart was drawn/written by my friend LOL this was yumyum :]

applebaby480.jpg

applebaby478.jpg

Top pic was when I didn't put frosting, sprinkles & icing yet for my families batch I just added frosting, sprinkles, hearts & stars for my bf's I attempted to write I LOVE U the first letter I started out with was L so it was messed up, looks like a c LOl

Strawberry hearts cupcakes. These were the best things I've made so far (= praises from my family, bf's family & aunt/cousins.

edit--

The next day I baked some more heart shape cupcakes :] I'm obsessed with the funshapes =x & I also found star shaped ones (=

This time there was way too much decoration on them =/ LOl my friend was helping me since I had 2 hours to bake & decorate for guests & she went crazy on the decorations ><; way too sweet!

applebaby481.jpg

applebaby480-1.jpg

applebaby482.jpg

This time I made French Vanilla & fudge brownie ones.

& finally heart&star shaped lime jello :] I didn't take a pic of the stars but you could see them in the left corner of this pic lol they were so cute & the little kids loved the funshapes as much as I did (=

applebaby483.jpg

Hahas, I know all of these are pretty simple to make so it's not really much =x I'll be back later on with some real stuff [;

Guest fairyunicorn

i dun really know wat this is called..i think it should be called minichocolatecheesecake..i guess

[img=http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r30/fairyunicorn/IMG_0850-1.jpg]

[img=http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r30/fairyunicorn/IMG_0841.jpg]

Guest RococoBaby

Okay...this isn't really what I cooked/baked today but throughout the years :x

Well...they're pics of what I found through my photobucket because the others pics I had got wiped out by a virus ;_;

1st cookies I ever made!

Vanilla+chocolate cookies (no cookie cutters used for this -.-!!) :

cookies.jpg

do you still have the recipes for those?! i want to make some for someone =]

Guest cbxjenn

OMG that looks so good. How did you make it? It looks all professional!

thankyou thankyou. it's basically a sponge cake base, with heavy whipping cream as frosting. we (friend & i) diced peaches for the fruit/cream filling in the middle. then we sifted cocoa on top.. and just decorated with fruits & chocolate

can you post up the recipe for these please?? I love them, but I can't make them =(

6oz 2/3c Cake flour

8 eggs

6oz 2/3c sugar

1tsp vanilla

1tsp cornstarch

1tsp custard powder

Oil ... just squeeze a little amount.

for cream:

Heavy whipping cream

powdered sugar

1. seperate eggs.

2. beat egg yolk & sugar until mixed.

3. sift flour, cornstarch, custard powder. mix into egg yolk.

4. Mix in vanilla.

5. beat egg whites until peaks.

6. Mix whites into the flour/egg mixture.

7. pour into a rectangle pan, a big one.

8. 400F for 10-15mins. then 5mins on 450. [for a golden brown top]

cream

1. pour whipping cream into a bowl

2. beat it until stiff peaks form.. then mix in sugar.

3. add as much sugar to fit your taste.

~~~~ ill continue this tomo :] i also have to check if the ^ recipe is right.. im just typing it from memory

cbxjenn: looks great~ like a tiramisu

thankyou :]

Archived