Shin Ha Kyun 신하균

Guest OreoVampire

Another movie from the Man ..as a matador??..Wow..Mr Shin is always doing something cool.. :)

Please help on the translations somebody..thanks..!!

Thanks mj07 the last pic is HOT..!

Ha Kyun is certainly not a drop dead gorgeous hunk but he sure is SEXY..!!

newsen_photo.jpg

01-1.jpg

배우 신하균이 투우의 나라 스페인에서 투우사로 변신했다.

신하균은 킬러 이야기를 다룬 영화 ‘예의없는 것들’에서 투우 비디오를 즐겨보는 주인공 ‘킬라’를 연기하기 위해 이런 변신을 감행했다.

신하균이 연기한 '킬라'는 자신을 투우사에 빗대면서 ‘세상의 더럽고 추한, 예의없는 것들을 한방에 날려버린다‘는 독특한 원칙을 세우고 사는 인물이다.

'킬라'의 꿈인 투우사를 짧게나마 연기하기 위해 생전 처음으로 투우사 체험을 해본 신하균은 속옷을 입지 않고 입어야 하는 투우 복장을 마냥 신기해하며 입었다.

그는 귀국한 이후에도 “정말 꼬옥 껴요~ 꼬옥...”이라고 말하면서 당시의 새로운 경험을 잊지 못했다.

실제로 신하균이 입은 투우복은 수제품으로 수천만원대를 호가하지만, 마침 신하균 사이즈에 딱 맞는 복장이 있어 촬영 때 대여가 가능했다는 후문이다.

한편 영화 ‘예의없는 것들’에서 투우는 주인공 '킬라'의 꿈을 상징적으로 표현하는 중요한 매

개체로 등장한다. 영화의 완성도를 높이고자 스페인 현지 로케이션 촬영을 진행했다.

신하균 윤지혜 주연의 ‘예의없는 것들’은 '예의없는 것들'만 골라서 처리하는 킬러의 이야기를 다룬 작품으로 오는 24일 관객들을 찾아간다.

고홍주 becool@newsen.com

Anyone who loves Korean cinema knows this guy. :D He's unbelievably versatile, excelling in both dramatic and comedic roles (which is pretty rare), that I think he's in line to be the next Song KangHo. I've seen most of his films (some good ones, a lot of great ones) and he's never less than superb. But out of all those performances, my favorite is still "Save the Green Planet!"--the craziest frakkin masterpiece I've ever seen and SHK was absolutely brilliant in it.

p.gif poster.gif p2.gif still_9.gif 9.gif still_4.gif

<clickable thumbnails>

149229_PG1_101.jpg

Film2.0 article

Would love to see the shorts "Hair" (directed by the same guy, Jang JoonHwan) and "Coming Out" (directed by Kim JiWoon). They look hilarious!

175946hair0w600dn9.jpg

Cine21 article

Question: Has anyone seen "Letter From Mars"? I've had it for sometime but I'm sort of... afraid... to touch it because of Kim HeeSun. :lol: Is it any good?

Can't wait to see his film "No Mercy for the Rude"! I liked the teaser (the part where he and the little boy are fighting over the glass of water was hilarious), plus SHK looks more buff (but not ooh-someone's-been-working-out-LeeSeoJin-scary-buff). Perm+shades = a mischievous yet dangerous combination. Hell, if I could, I'd kill the rude too. :ph34r:

He plays a matador in his new movie? I dunno, but that just makes me go heheheheh...

and realise that he never gets old.. he's been looking the same since forever.. haha.
OMG. So funny and true.

Even though he is a great actor, he does nothing to me as a man.
Lol! He's one of my favorite actors... but I gotta agree. :vicx: The closest I came to lusting after him was in "Welcome to Dongmakgol." ^__^

cute McDonalds CF <MegaUpload>

Hi Mart CF

Hi Mart CF

More links:

http://www.popcornfor2.com/stars/ShinHaKyun.php

http://www.nkino.com/Events/p_shinhagyun/

top.jpg

p4.jpg

p3.jpg

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

nKino article

I re-watched "Guns and Talks" the other night b/c I felt the need for a SHK fix after reading this thread! OMG, that movie, I just never get tired of it, and every time I watch it I find something new to enjoy (or laugh at!) Next up will be "Welcome to Dongmakgol" (again) Some of those movies on the www.popcornfor2.com link I've never heard of, like "Coming Out"??? I've had "My Brother" for ages and haven't watched it yet, need to dig that one out!

melusine, I've seen "Letter from Mars", aka "The Man Who went to Mars". It has a cute premise and is a kind of sweet little film, but ultimately it's kind of forgettable. Are you familiar with the premise? I don't rabidly hate Kim HeeSun, though, so if she really bothers you, you may want to avoid it (or rent it) since her character takes up a big chunk of the film. She is kind of a flower vase!

Y'know, I've seen pics of him in that matador outfit but I can't remember what I read about that movie! Urgh …

Lol! He's one of my favorite actors... but I gotta agree. The closest I came to lusting after him was in "Welcome to Dongmakgol." ^__^

I dunno, I was strangely lusting after him in "The Big Scene", too, even though he was über-creepy in the one scene where he has his shirt off! Ya,he's been looking pretty buff lately, in just the right way! I agree with Inez, there's just something really sexy about him! Sometimes drop-dead gorgeous is just … boring!

AHAH! thanks for the hilarious McDonald's commercial, too!! I should put that one on my iPod!

PS check out his killer smile on the official "No Mercy for the Rude" site! http://www.killar.co.kr/

Guest jiwonz1004

FINALLY! theres a thread for Shin Ha Kyun....i usually dont reply in these threads~but for him i will!!!

btw

i prefer him with short hair, but that^ pictures *squeals*

Okay, I had to capture it and post it, it's just too cute!

shk-rude.jpg

Hmm..must be the influence of Kim Min Jun.. ;) ..tho' he looked like a lighter version of Jim Morrison.. :D

I definitely adore Guns n Talks , STGP, The Big Scene..(oh yeah..those eyes again..) and the flick with the famous ex-gf Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance yes..am very curious about the colourful matador gear..

I enjoy Mars..Surprise Party and My Brother..too somehow..

hahaha..that pic from Hair?..he gotta be kidding!!.. but then what else hasn't Ha Kyun done yet.. :P

hmm … speaking of girlfriends, wonder who he's dating now?

NEway, the new movie, "No Mercy for the Rude" looks like it's could be VERY funny! I'm hoping it will be good b/c I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

hmm … speaking of girlfriends, wonder who he's dating now?

NEway, the new movie, "No Mercy for the Rude" looks like it's could be VERY funny! I'm hoping it will be good b/c I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

Haha me too!..can't wait to see KMJ doing ballet stunts..interesting..oh i forgot to add..love the way HaKyun sticks out his..er gun underneath that shirt...SEXXAY..!! ;)

^

^Good thing they used it for one of the posters, his smile in that pic is so infectious.

cel802_1.jpg

shkre3.jpg

Premiere article

hkqx3.jpg

Vogue article

0608_feature_01.jpg

0608_feature_02.jpg

Screen article

060725_hagun_l.gif

Film2.0 article

149013_PG1_101.jpg

Film2.0 article

148780_PG1_101.jpg

Film2.0 article

149026_PG1_101.jpg

Koreanfilm.org listing:

NO MERCY FOR THE RUDE. ("Yeui-eomneun geotdeul") Shin Ha-gyun (Welcome To Dongmakgol, Save The Green Planet), Yun Ji-hye (Possible Changes, Whispering Corridors) and Kim Min-jun (Letter From Mars) join together under the director of Face, Park Cheol-hee, to make a new black comedy from Tube Pictures. In the film, a hired killer decides never to talk because of a speech impediment caused by his short tongue. He wants to earn enough money through killing in order to have corrective surgery, but has reservations about actually murdering anyone. Facing the scorn and ridicule of his colleagues, he comes to a compromise wherein he will only kill people lacking in manners. Sold internationally by The Core Studio, who will release the film on August 24.

From X's K-Film Databank:

No Mercy for the Rude

Director: Park Cheol-Hee

Cast: Shin Ha-Gyun, Yoon Ji-Hye, Kim Min-Joon

Official Website

Worldcup Spot - Online 1 (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media):

mms://wms07.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/etc/2006/06/nomaner_worldcup_online1_700k.wmv

Worldcup Spot - Online 2 (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media):

mms://wms07.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/etc/2006/06/nomaner_worldcup_online2_700k.wmv

Worldcup Spot - Theatrical (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media):

mms://wms06.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/etc/2006/06/nomaner_worldcup_teater_700k.wmv

Teaser Poster Shoot (Streaming, 700k, Windows Media):

mms://wms06.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/05/ungraceful_postermf_700k.wmv

Poster Shoot (Streaming, ASF File):

mms://movie.film2.co.kr/movie2/trailers/K0003613.asf

Movie Stills/Posters

Budget: 3 Billion Won

Produced By: Tube Pictures

Distributed By: Lotte Entertainment

International Sales: The Core Studio

Rating: TBA

RELEASE: August 24

Didn't realize from the teasers that SHK's character had a speech impediment. Cracked up when the girl from the bar kissed him and his limbs were flailing all over the place lol.

mj07: I'm nuts about "Guns & Talks" and "Welcome to Dongmakgol" too! I think it's a kind of magic Jang Jin has--they're the kind of movies you never get tired of watching over and over again, the jokes don't grow old and the serious parts still hit you hard. I'd love to get my hands on his early movies "The Spy" and "The Happenings" and grin at how young SHK and Jung JaeYoung were then, heh. What a team they make, those guys: they're fantastic at what they do individually, but when you put them together... wow. Though of course it's only natural that SHK work with other directors and writers, personally I would be content if he starred in Jang Jin films his whole career. :P

Film2.0 article

149760_PG1_101.jpg

Movieweek article

cont_20050802155413020000020200-002.GIF

cont20050802155413020000020200003hv2.gif

(1) Nope, I don't know the premise of "Letter From Mars" (what's it about?) and (2) yes, out of all the Korean actresses, my intense dislike for what KHS is passing off as 'acting' is the closest thing to... oh okay fine, it is rabid hate. :phew: So normally I wouldn't touch her movies with a 10-foot pole (the only thing I liked her in was "Wanee & Junah"), but when I learned that Jang Jin wrote the screenplay and that SHK was in it, I thought it was worth a shot. I'll get around to watching it one of these days (and bite the bullet KHS-wise). So it's forgettable, huh? I heard it didn't make much money. Ohwell, I guess SHK can't come up with gems every time.

Film2.0 article 1 / 2

149251_PG1_101.jpg

149250_PG1_101.jpg

"Coming Out" and "Hair" are shorts--which is probably why they're not as easy to find. They toured the festival circuit the years they came out, I think, so English subs must be floating around somewhere.

Really, you lusted after him in "Murder, Take One"?! I couldn't get over his über-creepiness (as you said), which I suppose is a tribute to his acting prowess. SHK does that mad-glint-in-his-eye very well, he makes the viewer believe that he's capable of anything. And that's scary.

When a friend and I watched "Dongmakgol", she was a little disoriented by SHK's character, because she'd typecasted him as the comic relief (having seen him in just "JSA" and G&T). She said she kept expecting him to break cover and flash the audience his trademark goofy grin... and it never happened lol. Maybe that's why I was most attracted (in a fangirlycrush way) to that character, because though the roles he played (and the way he played them) have been very diverse, imo SHK never fully tapped into his masculinity. As counterpoint to whatever demons his previous characters were battling, he always incorporated traces of childlike innocence. But this man had none; he was a stoic, war-weary soldier who'd seen too much of the world and didn't like what saw. And I wanted to, well, save him. :lol:

I haven't seen "Suprise Party" yet, but I did find it on YouTube, so if any of you guys want to, you can watch it here / here / here

screen_cover_200206.jpg

Film2.0 article

149077_PG1_101.jpg

inez: I know! That heart-shaped fur on his chest is priceless! LMAO

I wonder if he's starred in other dramas aside from "Good Person" (with Jo HanSun, So YooJin, Han JiMin, Yoo Min). http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/goodman/

Hmm, I'm also curious who he's dating now... These Korean actors keep their love lives very quiet, no? One minute the public knows nada, the next they're getting married (to apparently longtime non-showbiz gfs).

Wah.. love reading the posts at this page, everyone's here... inez, mj07, melusine all having fun! :lol: Keep on sharing, all your comments are so heartwarming & fun to read. I've only seen SHK in JSA *hides!*... don't know much & don't want to say the wrong things now. :sweatingbullets: Let me go watch Welcome to Dongmakgol and come back later... in the meantime, keep on rocking you guys! I'd always check this thread out whenever there's a new post. :P

Hi Rubie! Ya, it looks like SHK has some quality fans here! I hope others might jump on the bandwagon and check out some of his great movies.

You've only seen JSA, Rubie? Don't duck and hide, as long as we're confessing, I'll admit I haven't watched all of Sympathy for Mr Vengeance. I always get to a certain point and get afraid of the violence! I'm a wimp sometimes! One day I'll sit and watch the whole thing. Who knows, maybe even tonight.

melusine, I didn't even notice that Jang Jin co-wrote "A Man Who Went to Mars"! He's written some great movies, that's for sure, "Ditto", as well as many of the movies we've already mentioned above. The premise is that as kids SHK and KHS grew up together in a small rural town. Her father is dying of some cronic illness, but keeps telling her that he'll to be going on a journey to Mars and that he'll be gone a long time. When he finally does die, SHK's character finds out and he strikes a deal with their postman. He begins to write letters to the girl posing as her father writing from Mars. He continues to do this for a very long time, but I think she at some point goes to live in Seoul with her mom (or something, like I said, it wasn't that memorable!) They meet up again as adults when she comes to see her grandmother, who soon dies, and whose land she then has to sell. Oh, and I think there's a big subplot about how everyone in the town has to get out b/c they're building a dam which will flood the whole area.

Anyway, SHK's kind of a simple-minded character who's still secretly in love with her, but she already has a boyfriend (Kim Min-Joo, actually). There's a lot about rural vs. city life, progress (or change) vs. the status quo, etc. I think it has a bitter-sweet ending. It's not a BAD movie, but again, if you have such a strong distaste for KHS she might annoy you!

It's been a long time since I watched JSA, I should re-watch that one. It was one of the first Korean films I ever saw so it has a powerful distinction for me!

BTW everyone should check out the "killar" website and watch the Music Video! It has a lot more really REALLY funny scenes than the trailers do! OMG, I downloaded it and have it on my iPod, it's so funny!

oh, cool, you found a link for the MV!!! There are so many funny parts, like when he tries to kick the door in and fall on his butt, diving into the room and shooting at the other two guys and totally missing, etc. etc.

these couple of shots crack me up, too

7.jpg

9.jpg

oh, cool, you found a link for the MV!!! There are so many funny parts, like when he tries to kick the door in and fall on his butt, diving into the room and shooting at the other two guys and totally missing, etc. etc.

these couple of shots crack me up, too

7.jpg

9.jpg

Hahaha!..oh yeah..i love that part and the bed-scene too:P .!!. He makes a pathetic looking killer!! :D

Oh my he's sooo sexxy!! Thanks for the pics look how KMJ spread out like a pro-ballet dancer.. :sweatingbullets:

OMG, ya, the bedroom scene is really hilarious, too!

I think that scene of KMJ practically doing the splits is from some behind the scenes footage of them doing stretches together!

PS had to create some screen caps!

shg-caps.jpg

Not a bad preview for SHK's new movie... in fact, it's not bad at all... cool... :lol:

Meditative killer in unexpectedly comic treatment

August 15, 2006 ㅡ "I don't kill just anybody. I only kill the rude ones."

Those words are uttered by a hired assassin in "The Rude Ones" as he prances toward a villain to thrust a knife deeply into his chest. The villain slumps to the floor. The killer lights a cigarette and casually pulls his bloody 12-inch knife from the body and places it inside his leather jacket again.

"I am a 'killar' but I have rules of my own," he adds with a smirk while adjusting his sunglasses.

It sounds like yet another exaggerated noir genre movie that uses excessive hyperactivity and churns out the cliches, and so it is, sort of. But it is also comical if you can ignore the gruesome killings that appear occasionally to remind you that you are watching a crime drama about hired killers.

"I hate meaningless murders," says the killer again he leaves the scene of another killing. Before the film turns too brutal, you find yourself chuckling quietly (though the film also emphasizes humanity and introspective issues in a solemn tone, making it all the funnier).

None of the killer's words are actually spoken out loud. Instead, they are interior monologues of the character, played by Shin Ha-gyun. The killer is not a mute, but he chooses not to speak because he has a speech problem that he is embarassed about.

To save face, however, he tells himself it is smart to pretend he can't speak at all. (This explains why he pronounces killer as "killar" throughout the film). He finds out that a glossectomy would correct his speech impediment but that the surgery would cost 100 million won ($104,000). He cannot earn that amount from his job as a chef so he joins a group of assassins that promises him that making 100 million won is easy if he can just kill several people for their clients. After all, as a chef, he is handier with knives than a circus knife-thrower.

Killing comes all too easily for the character, but he starts to doubt whether he should continue the job. So he and his co-worker, a dancer named "Ballet," decide that they will only kill the "rude ones."

For "Killar," the rude ones include lawmakers, doctors and pastors who have been embezzling, and thugs that harrass women and the weak. But for "Her," Killar's girlfriend in the film who finds him attractive because he does not talk about himself like other men, the rude ones are more commonplace and found everywhere in life.

The movie works well as a comedy, but some might find it moving as well because it does make you think silently after the movie that you might be one of the rude ones in Her's eyes.

Directed by Park Cheol-hui, the film also stars Yoon Ji-hye as Her and Kim Min-jun as Ballet. The film opens next Thursday.

by Lee Min-a <mina@joongang.co.kr>

Source: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200608/14/2...0091009101.html

sounds like another winner to me, thanks for posting the review!

I finally finished "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" last night. Interesting, in that film SHK played a deaf-mute, another role where he had no dialogue!

Wow..cool review..thanks for the article Rubie!!..

Ah..so you have watched 'Sympathy For Mr.Vengeance' mj! (hmm..mj..is not Michael Jackson eh mj?..hehe..joking babe :P ..). Sad movie..one of my favourites..i think HaKyun has the best expressive eyes apart from Lee Byung Hun and Jae Hee....They are so sad looking...man..he looks like a lost kitten sometimes that i wanna keep him!!..So looking forward to 'No Mercy..' !! Love those caps!!!!!! thanks mj!! :)

OUCH, where'd that pic come from?? OMG, a few days ago I was having trouble getting pics to load and I must've missed it! As a rule, I'm against guys wearing headbands like that, but I think I'll make an exception this time!

*droolz*