[Drama 2010] Baker King, Kim Tak Goo 제빵왕 김탁구

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest may ann

ahaha im excited to watch eugene in a hateful role!!

but i will love her instead ahaha

Go eugene!!!

KBS's description of the drama.

Story begins 12 years prior to when maid Kim Mee-soon gave a birth to a child named, “Tak-gu.” As Kim became pregnant with Samhwa food cooperation chairman, Gu Ill-joong’s child, Mr. Gu’s wife, Suh In-sook forced Kim out of her house. It is after 12 years that Tak-gu appears again at Mr.Gu’s birthday party to formally announce himself as the legitimate son of Mr. Gu. However, due to Suh’s contempt towards him, he is driven out of the house once more. It is at this worst moment in life that Tak-gu meets his everlasting mentor, “Pal bong” and his true love, “Yang Mee -soon.” From then on he finally determines to embrace his new life by becoming the world’s best baker. However, his journey to his goal appears to be tough due to unexpected encounters with his first love and his step brother Gu Ma-joon. So how would his journey end?

KBS’s upcoming Baker King Kim Tak-gu

takgu5.jpg

Yoon Shi-yoon, Eugene, Lee Young-ah

A new Wednesday-Thursday show is gearing up for its premiere, KBS’s Baker King Kim Tak-gu, which will replace Cinderella’s Sister after that show wraps up next week. With its production team, it looks like Baker King will have a much lighter atmosphere and provide a sharp contrast to the moody Cinderella’s Sister, as it brings together director Han Joon-seok (Capital Scandal) and writer Kang Eun-kyung (Oh Pil Seung Bong Soon Young).

The story features characters who aim to become patissiers, and the main cast is led by Yoon Shi-yoon (a breakout star of High Kick Through the Roof), followed by Eugene (Creating Destiny), Lee Young-ah (Iljimae, Golden Bride), and musical actor Joo-won. (And to be honest, based on the character stills released (see below), I could barely recognize the stars — I had to do a double take to confirm that the cast hadn’t in fact been swapped out at the last minute.)

Baker King Kim Tak-gu is a “human drama” (which is a commonly used but weird adoption of English to mean, I can only suppose, that the story is “humanistic”) and features the success story of Kim Tak-gu, played by Yoon Shi-yoon. Tak-gu is a bit old-fashioned and simple, but also a morally upstanding guy. His charm comes in his frank, straightforward demeanor that has a way of connecting with people.

Lee Young-ah plays a character with a keen sense of taste. She and Tak-gu learn all about the art of baking from her grandfather and dream of becoming pastry chefs.

Joo-won plays Tak-gu’s constant rival, a son of a rich businessman and heir to his father’s bakery enterprise. With a difficult personality, he’s not the type to go after something with honest hard work, but he knows ways to get what he wants.

Rounding out the main foursome is Eugene, who is a bright and intelligent university student who’s involved in the student movement. She grew up poor with an alcoholic father and was the first love for both men.

Baker King Kim Tak-gu held its first script reading on May 14 and will premiere on June 9. The drama is slated for 36 episodes. (Wow — it’s been a while since I’ve seen a contemporary drama do that many episodes in a midweek timeslot, particularly a trendy one. Usually the longer modern shows are dailies or weekend shows.)

javabeans from dramabeans

Guest minjee

cool! a new drama to look forward to! I love Eugene she's finally back with a new drama! :) Yoon Si Yoon is a cutie also :D. I thought Shin Hye was part of this drama...aww too bad..><

Once again, I'll be looking forward to seeing my beautiful Eugene :rolleyes:, although I hope that her character is more misunderstood than actually evil. :unsure: I can't get on the side of evil in any way, shape, or form. <_< I'd also like to request, (once again) on behalf of the entire heterosexual male population, that the powers that be stop cutting short the alluring locks of these gorgeous female starlets. :huh::blink::(Song Hyo Kyo, Han Hyo Joo, Lee Yoon Ji, Lee Young Ah... :wacko: .Bowls are for mixing salads in. Please refrain from using them as templates to cut hair around. Enough is enough already!!!! :angry:

Baker_King.jpg

I was bored. Thought I'll ps stuff for now.

Anyways, if you guys are interested, go to naver and nate for some behind the scenes picture. The children characters are so adorable. There's a picture with Yoon Shi Yoon, Go Won, and Lee Young Ah in there baking outfits. A very happy picture.

Guest yeohweping

20100531_1275288895_33149600_2.jpg

2010053139135226.jpg

3163114.jpg

Stars Cast for Upcoming ‘Bread, Love and Dreams’

[2010-05-31]

http://english.kbs.co.kr/TVRadio/Behindthe...iew.html?No=512

Four Stars of the new KBS2 drama “Bread, Love and Dreams” have been unveiled. The drama will begin airing from June 9, succeeding “Cinderella’s Stepsister” on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Set in the 1970s, the show revolves around the life of a man named Kim Tak-gu who aims to become the world’s best baker. Yoon Si-yoon, who rose to stardom through the MBC sitcom “High Kick Through the Roof,” plays the lead role. The other stars are Ju Won, who has been active in musicals, Eugene and Lee Young-a. The cast also includes veteran actors such as Jun Guang-lyul, Jun In-hwa, Chung Sung-mo, Park Sang-myeon and Lee Han-wi.

512_1380_l.jpg

In photos introducing characters, Yoon Si-yoon poses, smiling brightly in a baker uniform. The photo hints Kim Tak-gu is a simple-minded but sincere man who has good nature.

Ju Won looks chic in a black suit to suit his role of an heir of a wealthy business family. He plays Gu Ma-jun, who lets nothing get in the way of gaining what he wants.

512_1381_l.jpg

Lee Young-a plays opposite Yoon Si-yoon. Yang Mi-sun is the granddaughter of Tak-gu’s mentor Palbong with a delicate palate. She, like Tak-gu, wants to be a baker and learns baking with him.

Eugene appears as Shin Yu-gyeong, who has both pure and alluring charms. She is the first love of Tak-gu and Ma-jun. She is from a poor family, and works her way to university.

“Bread, Love and Dreams” is directed by Han Jun-seo, the director of the critically-acclaimed drama “Scandal in Old Seoul,” and written by Kang Eun-kyung, whose works include hit dramas such as “Dalja’s Spring” and “Oh! Feel Young.” The two previously worked together in “Formidable Rivals.”

Writer: KBSi Jin Yeong-ju

Source: KBS PR Team

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi - Illegal reproduction & distribution is banned.

Guest antinh85

So it's the hot evil girl vs the girl next door again. I love Lee Young Ah. Though i find her annoying at times in "golden bride". I hope she doesn't go crying all the time like she did in there. I'm looking forward to this but damn 30 ep ..gosh why do they keep making series so long these days. jeez!!!!!!!!!!

I know most people are shock at Lee Young Ah's hair. Atfirst it didn't look as cute but it grew on me. She has that baby face that can pull it off. I think it'll look better on screen. Though at some angles it looks too short. She should have left some length to it. it looks too short like a boy's hair. I think Han Hy Joo's cut might have been better for her.

Guest kazenai

I can't figure this out but....

is Lee Young Ah more popular/looked upon than Eugene (as an actress not singer)???

Cuz I'm trying to figure out who'll be the final love interest for Tak Goo... I love Eugene more than YA, plus....she's a bit evil...which I also like.

Guest may ann

i love eugene too!! i think this drama will looking forward for who will be tak goo's last love..

coz now i still believe that eugene will become lead..ahahha

well i love to see her as a villain to..to show her acting more.

Actors in drama ‘Bread, Love and Dreams’ Become Pastry Chefs

[2010-06-04]

The main actors of the KBS Wednesday and Thursday drama “Bread, Love and Dreams,” which will be broadcast as a follow-up drama to “Cinderella’s Step Sister,” are reportedly fully engrossed in making pastries.

Actors are participating in baking classes twice a week when they do not have a filming schedule, in order to bake perfect bread without acting doubles when they film the drama. The classes are full of the sweet smell of baking.

514_1386_l.jpg

▲ Yoon Si Yoon will play the main lead “Kim Tak Koo.” It looks like a scene from a bread commercial.

He gave his thoughts on the baking class, saying, “It looks more delicious because I made it myself.”

514_1387_l.jpg

▲ Lee Young A really likes the smell of baking.

She also shares bread that she had made herself to staff members.

514_1388_l.jpg

▲ Happy face of Lee Young A -- she is holding bread hot from the oven.

514_1389_l.jpg

▲ New and youngest actor Joo Won -- He said with big smile,

“I am always happy both when I act and when I make bread because the other older cast members are always making me laugh.”

514_1390_l.jpg

▲ Actors are all concentrating in baking lessons teaching the making of fermented bread, cake, and cookies.

They reportedly share warmth by sharing their own pastries with other actors.

The drama is a warm success story of Kim Tak Koo, who will one day become the best pastry cook. Actors such as Yoon Si Yoon, Lee Young A, Yoo Jin, Joo Won, Jeon Kwang Ryul, Jeon In Hwa, Jeon Mi Sun, Jeong Sung Mo, and Park Sang Myon will appear in the drama, and every viewer from children to adults in their thirties or even fifties--who can recall the 1970s--will be able to enjoy this drama. The drama “Bread, Love and Dreams” will be coming soon as a follow-up drama to “Cinderella’s Step Sister.”

Writer: KBSi Jin Young-ju

Resource : ZOOM

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi - Any illicit reproduction and distribution is prohibited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

201006011743778514_1.jpg

Updated post on June 6, 2010

Archived