[Drama 2010] ATHENA : Goddess of War 아테나: 전쟁의 여신

Guest Lilazinprincess

Guest Lilazinprincess

Hi everyone... did you guys see the latest news yet? Cha Seung Won's character role in the drama will be diminished as he had to pull out of the japan filming for Athena >____< Gosh, I was really looking forward to see him in this villain role (who's supposed to change dramatically during the series). But of course the actor's health comes first... still, Athena will have to be rewritten a lot as a consequnce and the result will probably be less great? Hopefully not too much though.

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/2010/09/cha-seung-won-pulls-out-of-athenas-japan-filming

I know! The news seriously is a bummer. I hope the "dramatic" change will not be as dramatic as what the writers to decided to do at the end of IRIS. CSW was one of my many perks for this drama. But his well being takes priority. :(

Looks like the tentative broadcast schedule is December 13th? Hmm..

---------------------------

For archiving purposes:

Cha Seung Won pulls out of Athena’s Japan filming

September 16, 2010

It has been revealed that actor Cha Seung Won has pulled out of filming in Japan for “Athena: Goddess of War” due to poor health. As a result, Cha’s involvement in the drama will now be drastically reduced.

Cha had departed with the production team to Japan last weekend for overseas filming, but his health began to deteriorate as the days went by, and it was suspected he had developed symptoms of sepsis from food poisoning. Taewon Entertainment officials decided to send Cha back home to Korea where he is now resting, and they will decide again on his involvement depending on his recovery.

With the drama debuting in December, the schedule is already very packed, and there’s simply no time to accomodate any re-filming for Cha in Japan. As a result, the screenwriter must modify the script drastically to reduce Cha’s involvement in the drama, since he originally had a large part.

An official said that they will do their best to minimize the possible impact to the drama.

“Athena” will be broadcast through SBS from December 13th.

Credits to: allkpop

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lilazinprincess

Jejoongwon’s Sean Richard joins Athena

September 17, 2010

athena47.jpg

Another addition has been made to upcoming spy drama Athena, which premieres in December (Giant‘s extension has pushed the premiere back from its original November target): Sean Richard (or Sean Richard Dulake), the Korean-American actor who played Dr. Allen in SBS’s medical sageuk show Jejoongwon.

If you don’t recognize him, I don’t blame you; he was styled drastically differently in Jejoongwon, where I thought he was about twenty years older than his real age. (He’s 26.)

In Athena, he’ll be a part of Cha Seung-won‘s secret organization, shedding the gentler image from Jejoongwon to dive into the action genre.

Sean Richard (as he is known in the Korean press) was born to a British father and Korean mother and majored in business administration at Boston University, with a minor in acting. Following that, he continued acting in theater and shorts in New York.

Athena has moved from shooting in Italy to Japan, and will premiere in December on SBS.

athena46.jpg

Credits to: Dramabeans | OSEN

BoA tweets photo from Athena filming

September 17, 2010

The recent career shift by BoA into the field of acting was a pleasant surprise.

On September 17th, she tweeted a photo from her “Athena: Goddess of War” filming with the caption, “Wow, handsome bodyguard photo, must be taken by a fan… Actually, I was secretly at Japan filming for Athena.” She also said, “Athena will be aired this December. Acting is so difficult~“.

Her cute nature can be heard through the tweet.

She will be making a cameo as herself (singer) with Jung Woo Sung acting as her bodyguard. “Athena: Goddess of War” will debut this December through SBS.

Credits to: allkpop

Pictures:

2225838037f6389ebd3e1eb.jpg

201009170011731.jpg

201009170011741.jpg

201009170011751.jpg

201009170011761.jpg

1l12847262160294621.jpg

Credits to: + As Tagged + Boa's baidu + Daum + 비스켓보아@uriboa + Boa's Soompi Page.

Guest creaturedreams

^December 2010. ^^

Su Ae and Jung Woo-sung in bed together for Athena

athena48.jpg

Literally. It’s funny to compare Athena‘s promotional blitz with IRIS‘s, because there are so many similarities. On one hand, I do NOT want to spend all of Athena‘s run nitpicking every detail and comparison to IRIS, but on the other hand, it’s sort of inevitable.

Example: Compare the above still with

these from IRIS. In IRIS, the scene occurred on a memorable romantic getaway to Japan. In Athena, the scene happens on a romantic date in… Japan. Taewon Entertainment, your formula is showing.

(Not that it makes it any less interesting. Hot spies in bed together, rawr!)

The details of the scene: Spy Jung-woo (Jung Woo-sung) is suspended from work after taking responsibility for a case that went awry, and goes to Japan alone to do some solo investigating. There, he meets Hye-in (Su Ae), and they confirm their feelings for each other on this unexpected rendezvous.

Genuine question: Do all you Jung Woo-sung fans (and you know who you are) feel your insides shrivel up in envy to see him getting nekkid with another woman, or are you happy that he’s getting some fictional lovin’ from a lovely lady like Su Ae? Just curious.

Athena moved to Japan from its location shoots in Italy, and is still filming there. The production plans to film in a total of six different countries, and will premiere in December.

athena49.jpg

Guest Lilazinprincess

I had a little moment of *facepalm* after seeing that first picture. The resemblance to and the reminder of IRIS are too obvious. <_< Creativity mr. director. Creativity.

Anywho, love the scene in the second pic. IRIS had winter. I guess Athena is going for summer and spring.

Cha Seung-won to resume filming for"Athena"

2010093016375393009_1.jpg

Korean actor ChaSeung-won [Taewon Entertainment]

Korean actor ChaSeung-won, who has been hospitalized for an acute infectious virus, will resumefilming for upcoming TV series "Athena." 

An official with the show's producer explainedthat Cha's health has improved vastly and he will be released from the hospitalto rejoin the cast by mid-October. 

"We have made some changes to the script andhave limited the outdoor scenes that include Cha," the official added,saying that not many modifications have been made to the script. 

Two weeks ago, the model-actor had flown back toKorea while filming in Japan, to be treated for his illness. 

A spin-off to last year's blockbuster drama"IRIS," "Athena" is about terrorist acts and threatsagainst the Korean Peninsula and the whole world. 

The action drama also features a star-studded castof Jung Woo-sung, Soo Ae, E Ji-ah, Kim Min-jong and Choi Si-won of idol groupSuper Junior. "Athena" will premiere in November. 

Source: 10asia

Guest valley girl

Choi Siwon tackles high action in the streets of Japan

by javabeans | September 30, 2010 |

'20100930214704_24812_1.jpg

20100930214704_24812_2.jpg

Speaking of Athena, now it’s Choi Siwon‘s turn for some of the attention. He’s pictured in these stills on location in Japan, where his appearance attracted quite a bit of bystander interest. No doubt some (most?) of that stems from his idol star status as one of the many pretty boys of Super Junior. And yes, he’s lookin’ sharp.

In this scene, his spy character is sent to settle a suspicious occurrence in Japan. What ensues is a high-action sequence involving a dangerous chase in the crowded streets, hampered by the throngs of citizens nearby.

Choi plays a rookie spy with the NTS who looks up to the agency’s top spy (Jung Woo-sung) as a mentor figure and follows his lead loyally. Athena airs in December.

Via Star News

cred http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/09/choi-siwon-tackles-high-action-in-the-streets-of-japan/

Guest valley girl
Guest yatmun21

Cha Seung-won has 'viral infection'. Even with the surgery, he has been staying in hospital for 25 days.

Source | 2010/10/06 | 479 views | Permalink | 2 comments

Share Buzz Share

Actor Cha Seung-won has been receiving hospital treatment for 10 days even after the surgery.

Cha Seung-won’s has been staying in hospital for 25days until October 7th. He had a removal operation during the end of September. He was tested for viral infection and removal of infected area. After this, he is receiving hospital treatment.

At first, he was planned to get out from the hospital in early October but his hospitalization is extending without any further notice.

Cha Seung-won flew to Japan for the shooting of MBC’s new Mon-Tue drama ‘ATHENA’. But he went back to on September 13th Korea because his condition worsened. The result from the complete medical examination said that he had serious viral infection due to the food poisoning.

But he decided to receive a surgery due to the fact that he never recovered to his normal condition. One high official from the production team of ‘ATHENA’ explained, “Cha Seung-won is receiving hospital treatment for full recovery after the surgery. The situation is not that critical. He had surgery to scrape up the infection instead of being treated with drug.”

Cha Seung-won is planning to rejoin the shooting of ‘ATHENA’ in Hawaii after October 20th.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Guest xjenny

choi si won <3 ahhhhhh what a hottie

i wouldnt watch an "IRIS 2" cus of the awful ending but giving athena a try because of si won and soo ae :) and kim min jong too hahaha

Not much news on Athena I realise.

And poor CSW is still sick , hope he gets well soon!

Anyway , didn't see it being mentioned , but SBS uploaded some info on the charactors.

http://tv.sbs.co.kr/athena/01_chart.html

Click the charactor's picture on the header to view their profile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Athena's cast attends film premiere to support Jung Woo-sung's movie

201010120816131001_1.jpg

[Newsen hongjeongwon News]

SBS new drama 'Athena: Goddess of War' are becoming loyal friends as the main cast of Athena attended Jung Woo-sung's VIP premiere of his films .

Despite their busy schedules, they eagerly step forward to grace the occasion.

However, the Athena's Cha Seung Won was down with acute viral infection caused by the September surgery and hospitalization and hence could not attend.

Guest kayana20

I really don;t know how I feel about Athena so I will wait till it comes out. I love SuAe so I can stay optimistic since acting always touches me and now BOA is making an appearance. I love it. I hope they get it together for IRIS 2.

I didn't watch IRIS and I'm not planning to but I'm really looking forward to Athena.

I wonder if I'll miss out on anything in Athena by not watching IRIS... I hope not :sweatingbullets:

Hello does anyone have the full mp3 of the instrumental (or MR, if you call it that) of Park Hyo Shin's "I love you"?

I've only been able to find 1 minute previews so far :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest donghaelover11

i am just way too excited for this drama i can't wait! i saw the recent trailer and geez soo ae is so pretty and choi shi won is so hot, hopefully i get to see him a lot in the drama.

Archived