[Drama 2010] ATHENA : Goddess of War 아테나: 전쟁의 여신

Guest Lilazinprincess

Guest Lilazinprincess

kim hyun joong offers a role right?! did he approve it?? no promo pics yet as well as lee bo young....

Yeah, Hyun Joong was offered a role for Athena but I haven't heard any updates on whether he has accepted the role or not. Lee Bo-young was recently casted so she couldn't appear in the first set of promotion pics.

Hmm..now that you reminded me. I wonder if Hyun Joong's role was replaced by Siwon? Time will tell.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kaedejun

Yeah, Hyun Joong was offered a role for Athena but I haven't heard any updates on whether he has accepted the role or not. Lee Bo-young was recently casted so she couldn't appear in the first set of promotion pics.

Hmm..now that you reminded me. I wonder if Hyun Joong's role was replaced by Siwon? Time will tell.

if that's what happened, then i'm really glad it did :P

Guest joey6666

Really like the fact that Jung Woo-sung is in this sequel, an

actor who worked exclusively in movies so far, which makes Athena

his televison debut.

I've seen this actor up close during the shooting of Daisy in 2005

here in the Netherland, a tall cool guy.

This guys career keeps rising, don't forget that his new movie, John Woo's

Reign of Assassins (starring Michelle Yeoh) will be released in August in S.Korea.

Really like the fact that Jung Woo-sung is in this sequel, an

actor who worked exclusively in movies so far, which makes Athena

his televison debut.

I've seen this actor up close during the shooting of Daisy in 2005

here in the Netherland, a tall cool guy.

This guys career keeps rising, don't forget that his new movie, John Woo's

Reign of Assassins (starring Michelle Yeoh) will be released in August in S.Korea.

Athena is not Jung Woo-Sung's TV debut, he was in 1.5 (MBC drama in 1995). So, Athena is actually his comeback drama ;)

Guest joey6666

Athena is not Jung Woo-Sung's TV debut, he was in 1.5 (MBC drama in 1995). So, Athena is actually his comeback drama ;)

Oh wow, thank I stand corrected... I didn't know that, most sites missed that fact, found a youtube trailer

of 1.5 drama

Guest inezjang

OMG...the hottest thing to happen in Korea..! Jung Woo Sung..*faintz* :sweatingbullets:

And all the awesome cast too!!

Guest valley girl

TV series "Athena" to air on SBS in November

d15688e9202a3c9daede5f97936398da.jpg

Teaser poster for upcoming TV series "Athena" [Taewon Entertainment]

TV series "Athena," the spin-off from last year's blockbuster drama "IRIS," has been confirmed to go on air on public network SBS in November, according to the show's producer Taewon Entertainment on Tuesday.

Taewon announced that the series will be broadcast on Monday and Tuesday evenings on SBS, and released a teaser poster featuring six actors in the main roles -- namely Jung Woo-sung, Cha Seung-won, Soo Ae, E Ji-ah, Kim Min-jong and Choi Si-won of idol group Super Junior.

The teaser poster will be produced into a billboard ad and hung on the outside of the Cine City building, a major theater located in Seoul's trendy Shinsa-dong district.

"Athena," currently filming in Korea, will kick off its location shoots later this month in six foreign countries including Japan and Italy.

The storyline for "Athena," named after the Greek goddess of war strategy, will be about terrorist acts and threats against the Korean Peninsula and the whole world.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

28ciope.jpg

97909f.jpg

2r6fbcz.jpg

Woah~

rvcbow.jpg

28kkhg2.jpg

opr95f.jpg

312a98m.jpg

Credit: as tagged

Links to bigger pics-

M0020056_IMG_4267.jpg

M0020057_IMG_4302.jpg

M0020055_IMG_4239.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jung Woo-sung romances Su Ae with a kiss in Athena

by javabeans

First stills are out for spy drama Athena, but rather than high action we get a romantic interlude between the leads, Jung Woo-sung and Su Ae. This kiss scene was filmed on July 11 in Vicenza, Italia, and takes place after the two teammates complete a mission and make a successful escape.

This shoot kicked off the drama’s location filming in Italy, where the production team will be until the end of July. Other Italian cities where they will film include Padova and Belluno.

Gotta say: I love how Jung Woo-sung and Su Ae look together. (One of the reasons I didn’t engage completely with IRIS was because I didn’t feel the connection between Kim Tae-hee and Lee Byung-heon, but I can feel it from these two.)

Athena premieres in November.

Guest Smelly Tofu

I like how dramas nowadays have high investments...filming overseas will magnetically pull in the audience. I love the actors for this drama but i still don't have a strong feeling in the plotline, since I really don't like the whole melo in IRIS. My dad loves IRIS too depth though. nonetheless I would def watch it for SooAe's agent perf...she's a true chameleon I haven't found a role she hadn't pulled off yet, from elegant to cute.

all I'm worried about is the plot (how the story is carried) I'm tired of sitting through long hours of great destination sights, wired actions stunts, explosions, gun fires, snipers and hot actors/actress without any particular worthwhile reasons.

SOO AE :wub: REAL ACTRESS İF YOU WANT TO WATCH ACTİNG YOU MUST WATCH HER BUT YOU ONLY WANT SEE BARBİE DOLLS YOU CAN SEE OTHERS EVERYWHERE... :phew: SHE İS BORN TO ACT LİKE FEW OTHER ACRESS LİKE JEON DO YEON ,LE YOUNG AE , BAE DO NA...

Guest Lilazinprincess

The pics look great! I'm so glad we can some BTS shots! :w00t:

lilcrash - Would you happen to have the original website source to those BTS pictures? Thank you!

Jung Woo Sung and Soo Ae film kissing scene for Athena in Vicenza

20100715_athena_1-460x306.jpg

We are still a few months away from November but filming has already begun for the hotly anticipated spy thriller drama, Athena which is the spinoff of IRIS.

The production will be visting many oversea locations to film scenes for the drama and the first stills of their filming session in Vicenza, Italy have been released on the 15th to whip up more anticipation among fans.

The stills show Jung Woo Sung and Soo Ae coming together for a kiss under the night sky of Vicenza after completing a mission.

After Vicenza, filming will continue with a breathtaking chase in northern Italy in the cities of Padua and Belluno until the end of July.

The drama will air in November through SBS. So stay tuned!

Credits to: Allkpop

Guest babysweet

WOW....Jung Woo Sung and Soo Ae looks so good together. Both looking HOT in the still photos. Soo Ae is really pretty.

i can't wait for this to air by the end of the year...

Guest kaedejun

it reminds me of when it was lee byung hoon and kim tae hee - where KTH looked so young and like a little kid next to LBH.

Su Ae looks like a little kid next to Jung Woo Sung - but here - i have greater faith that Su Ae will knock her role out of the park more than KTH :D

Guest valley girl

i think JWS and Soo Ae is suitable .. KTH has a quite big age gap..

while JWS and SooAe only 5 years dif age gap

lilcrash - Would you happen to have the original website source to those BTS pictures? Thank you!

Do you mean the larger pictures?

Link- http://www.cine21.com/Movies/Mov_Movie/movie_detail.php?s=media&id=28891

First click on the picture, then a pop-up window will appear.

Click on the picture in the pop-up window and the large picture will come up in another pop-up window.

As for the other BTS pictures from Italy, those pictures were from news articles on nate.

http://news.nate.com/view/20100715n08933

http://news.nate.com/view/20100715n14148

Just search 아테나: 전쟁의 여신 (ATHENA : Goddess of War) on nate for now since the official website for this drama isn't up yet.

Link - http://search.nate.com/search/all.html?nq=&s=&sc=&afc=&j=&thr=sbma&q=%BE%C6%C5%D7%B3%AA%3A+%C0%FC%C0%EF%C0%C7+%BF%A9%BD%C5+&x=15&y=19

Archived