[JAPAN DRAMA 2010] 素直になれなくて SUNAO NI NARENAK

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

EITA, UENO JURI, TAMAYAMA TETSUJI, HERO KIM JAE JOONG

Eita, Juri Ueno team up again for "Twitter drama"

Tue, February 23, 2010 (12:43am EST)

Eita (27) and Juri Ueno (23) will co-star in the upcoming Fuji TV drama series "Sunao ni Narenakute." The two have already appeared on screen together in several works, including the movie "Summer Time Machine Blues" and the dramas "Nodame Cantabile" and "Last Friends."

At the heart of the drama is the social networking and micro-blogging service Twitter, which has quickly risen in popularity worldwide and is starting to catch on in Japan. The story is set in Shibuya, one of Tokyo's centers of youth culture, where five men and women meet through Twitter. Through their interactions, they overcome their individual problems and create a true friendship.

Eita plays a photographer named Nakaji who had aimed to become like his father, who was a war photographer before he was changed by a battlefield injury. Ueno plays the part-time high school teacher Haru, who is irritated by her own inexperience.

Tetsuji Tamayama (29) takes on a leader-like role for the group, though he plays a sensitive man working in publishing while dealing with erectile dysfunction. Megumi Seki (24) plays Haru's best friend, who is having an affair with her own boss. The fifth member of the group is still being cast.

Popular screenwriter Eriko Kitagawa is handling the script. Kitagawa was responsible for "Orange Days" (which Eita and Ueno also appeared in) and other hit dramas, though "Sunao ni Narenakute" is her first for Fuji TV since "Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi" in 2002.

"Sunao ni Narenakute" will premiere in April, airing on Thursday nights at 10:00pm.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This completely made my day. Love them both! Oh i'm soo excited ~ two very talented actors collaborating again and hopefully they get paired together despite the article saying 'friendship' not 'relationship'. Gah! their unusual relationship dynamic in Last Friends just wasn't enough!

BANZAI! \o/

Guest persons

this drama seems interesting, well the Juri Ueno bit is anyway XD, so i'll be sure to check it out. i'm also curious as to who the fifth cast member will be.

Guest cystaltears

I saw this in the news~ anyways im sooo happy! i love eita and ueno juri!! glad they're working together again! the story line doesn't interest me tho

Guest luthien

More than Eita, Juri, and even Tamayama..... KITAGAWA ERIKO! <3333 She's one of my favorite screenwriters and I love her works.. especially Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi.. Beautiful Life, Overtime, Love Story.. Most of her works consists of talented actors and actresses.. and she received multiple awards too.

I don't know how she can make a twitter drama worthwhile.. haha.. but I have high hopes cos she's working on this.

Guest Justalilodreamer

WOW awesome cast!! Its been so long since i've found a jdrama to look forward to. I've been waiting for ueno juri to starr in a new series :D finally!

not sure if this is true 100% but sounds reliable

Hero Jaejoong to appear in Japanese TV series

Hero Jaejoong of Korean idol group TVXQ will appear in a Japanese television drama, according to a source close to the singer.

The source said in a phone call with Asia Economic Daily on Tuesday that "it has recently been confirmed that Hero Jaejoong will appear in a drama to air on Fuji TV."

The pop idol will be starring in the TV series titled "Sunao ni narenakute", written by popular television writer Kitagawa Eriko.

This will be the second collaboration between the famed writer and singer; they first met last year as writer and actor on telecinema "Postman to Heaven", which starred Hero Jaejoong and Korean actress Han Hyo-joo.

"Sunao", a story of friendship between a man and a woman who became acquaintances through Twitter, will star top Japanese actors Eita and Ueno Juri of smash hit TV series "Nodame Cantabile". Eita is set to play a newbie cameramen while Ueno will portray a temporary high-school teacher.

The series, which premieres in April, will be broadcast every Thursday at 10 p.m.

Hero Jaejoong debuted in 2004 in the five-member boy band TVXQ, one of the most successful K-pop acts in Asia. They reportedly have the largest fanbase in the world and have enjoyed great success in the Japanese music industry in particular.

The band became the first foreign artist to top the Oricon singles charts six times with their 27th single "Share the World/We are!" released last year.

Asiae

I have a feeling he's a supporting cast or a guest star

Guest wing834

Immortal_Angel i think jaejoong would b one of the 5 main characters~

im sooo looking forward to this drama, really glad that jaejoong got to work with great actors~ this would b a massive opportunity for him, his popularity is going to increase so much :D i love the scriptwriter eriko, shes such a nice person, and a fangirl of jaejoong :D lol~ this marks the drama comeback for her after a while, so i really ancipate it, her previous drama are great :D

i wonder when it will start to film...

Guest HereIamAgain

OMG I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT MONTH !!

OUR BABY JAEJOONG AS ONE OF THE LEAD IN A JDRAMA !!

FIGHTING !:D

Guest jade_frost

Jaejung's role is probably salaryman because it is said that he is troubled by his company's performance or something to that extent.

It was reported in the news that he will gradually fall in love with Haru, Ueno Juri's character through the encouraging words she gives him on Twitter.

Guest badstar

Since it's confirmed that Jejung will be on this drama. GOE;SS will sub it. Please do inform me though if there is another subbing team who will claim this, so that maybe we can talk things out. (Not that familiar with Japanese Subbing Teams)

Archived