2006 World Cup: 1st knockout stage

edward1849

Guest Hunnytokki

hmmm, i don't think that person was hating on Swiss for that match. He's just stating it.

I saw some comments about Korea at youtube.com. Funny, sad, pathetic. Let's not be like that~

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HK Tequila

Germany looks like their getting better and better with each game they play. Germany and Brazil look like the favorites of this world cup.

GO ENGLAND!!!

Guest ;SulHwa

I'm definitely cheering for Australia now that Korea's out.

I think they'll win their match ^^

These matches look pretty though..

Guest xACIDxHEADx

i hope England and Portugal wins over Ecuador and Nedtherlands. That would be interesting match to see them against each other. lolss...playing against ur own teamates! sorta..for certain pplss

i don't get y most ppl from polls say that portugal will lose over netherlands! look at past stattistics!!!!!

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/h2h/...=NED&cl=all

Guest petit_charat

GO SOCCEROOS!!!!

its such a privlidge ot be an Aussie right now, cos its the first time in 32 yeas they've qualified for the World Cup!

indeed, i am staying up at 12:15am (thanks to school holidays) and cheering on the lads.

make us proud Socceroos! make us proud!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

OI! OI! OI!

Guest *rashiDah

^ Aren't holidays the best. :]

But I think the Socceroos have a really good chance against Italy.

We've come out of each game surprising a lot of people and playing really well. We've got nothing to lose from here on end, so were going to be in for a good match.

Too bad about Emerton though. =\

Guest esprit

wah the Argentina vs. Mexico match was so intense...unfortunately Mexiko didn't win :tears: they would have deserved it more than Argentina b/c they didn't play that good anymore whereas the mexicans got so much better, although i have to admit that Maxi Rodriguez's goal was amazing. Poor Mexico never made it to the quarter-finals...

i'm looking forwward to Portugal vs. Netherlands. I hope Portugal will win this match, i like that team more ^_^

Guest *rashiDah

^ I'm hoping Cristiano Ronaldo plays. That boy is absoloute magic on the pitch.

Both sides are really strong, so it should be an awesome game.

Guest rapunzel283

^ Yup. C.Ronaldo is a gun when he's on fire :lol:

[it'snotbecausehe'shellahotIswear>_<]

Emerton is a big loss - but we've got so many other great players so :)

I hear Kewell hasn't been training much though - that damn groin injury :(

Just watched Argentina/Mexico highlights - Argentina are guns. Go for gold, sons! <3

BTW - if a player gets sent off with a red card in the first half, are the teams allowed to bring another player onto the field for the second half, or are they a man down for the whole game?

Guest vannushka

^they are down for the whole game even if they lose a man in the 1st minute haha

i'm aussie..but i still cant make myself like the australian team. i am glad they made it t his far though..proved a lot of people wrong but i think italy will win

Guest k3nbabeluver

Why is everyone rooting for Ecuador, hm. Go England!

England will win over Ecuador! if no suprise

My Final Eight.

Germany. 3-1 over Sweden

Argentina. 3-0 over Mexico

Australia. 2-1 over Italy (extratime)

Switzerland. 2-1 over Ukraine

Ecuador. 2-1 over England (extratime)

Netherlands. 2-2 with Portugal. 4-3 Penalty Shoot

Brazil. 3-1 over Ghana

Spain. 2-0 over France

Bold Predictions. :P

lol ... wow ... so much for my 3-1 and 3-0 predictions. I was way off with the ArgvsMex game.

Lets see. I'll keep my Ecuador/England and Netherlands/Portugal prediction.

Though I have a feeling both teams will win in regular time.

I love England. Almost bought an England jacket for $100. xD ... but I have a feeling that they'll choke yet again.

Guest jing a ling

germany totally owned the game which made it a bit unfun to watch. argentina and mexico game was AWESOME...mexico really did their best and even ball possession was quite even.

man, i couldnt help but laugh at the ref when he smiled as he gave the red card to lucic...it was almost as if he was saying, "ha ha...sucker..you get a red card." man, i dont get how refs give out fouls and yellow cards. some that don't even seem bad get yellow cards where as others that look pretty horrible don't count much at all! look at how many cards got given out to the swedish team!

Guest sunshine4ever

dang the game between Argentina vs. Mexico was so good!!! Everyone was thinking that Argentina will win, apparently Mexico was pretty tough as well..they went beyond the game's time...too bad I went to my friend's house to watch it and we went out at the time when the game was almost over..I was told that Argentina won in the extra time...umm....anyway, good try Mexico!!!

Guest Excel

its funny to see how ppl turn to hate the whole country just because they lost a soccer match to them ... hey why dont you go to the forum on www.soccerfansnetwork.com and see for yourself, maybe it will make you feel better knowing that all the italian and spanish fans talk richard simmons about korea and they were over-the-moon when korea lost ... have fun

i not been harsh to anyone im just pissed off seeing ppl whinge about that game ... seriously its over

what are you talking about -___-

my post didn't say that *I* was hating the entire Switz/Argentina country just 'cuz of what happen in the Korea game nor was I complaining or whinging about it.

If you read my post again, I was merely stating what my friend told me.

don't automatically assume stuff like that.

anyway, to stay on topic,

GO ARGENTINA~~!! XD

it's gonna be tough playing against germany..but hope they put up their bestest play

I'm hoping that the game ends with a tie even after the additional time..

and then the game will be decided on the penalty kicks..

and argentina wins though the penalty kicks XD

Guest fakeplastictrees

sdfg;l;l

I missed BOTH games yesterday):

i'm so sad..

but bleh..

GO ENGLAND & PORTUGAL!!!!!!<3

Archived