2006 World Cup: 1st knockout stage

edward1849

Guest run_lola_run

Noooooooooo. Mexico LOST. :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

Oh well, it was a very good game though. Congrats to Argentina. The winning goal was amazing. Great job for both sides.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

argentina is going to the quaterfinals.

argentina vs germany should be a good game.

but i think germanys gonna win

im rooting for argentina (no real reason just cuz. lol). but both are great teams. germany might have a better advantage considering they're home ground and also they're doing amazing this season. argentina i was disappointed sorta in the mexico game cuz crespo wasnt doing as well as he can. sorin was doing really well. some of their passes were just =XX and losing the ball ==;;. but mexico was great. they def. did all out great. i thot they might win but argentina prevailed in the end. great goal by roderiguez ^_^

i wanna see a brasil vs. germany game. it would be so intense. im waiting for the "real" brasil to show up soon. lol. i dont think they've been playing they're best in the previous games. they've been playing really reallly well or the best for other teams but for their players like ronaldinho. he isnt doing his full full potential.

im expecting italy to win. they're a really good team compared to aussies. aussies are basically new to this whole scene and yea hiddink magic. lol. hes a legend in korea and is close to being a legend in aus. =]] if australia can beat italy. omgsh he'll be a legend. ^_^ we'll just have to wait and see

spain vs france. im rooting for spain more than france. but it'd be great for france if they can beat the fave spain. spain is doing really really really well this timea round. winning all three amtches and only allowing one goal. its just like brasil lol. france needs to get their teamwork together. for both teams they have star players but unlike spain the french players cant seem to "connect." but im looking forward to this match too. expecting it to be intense. go torres and casillas!! hehe go zidane and trezcequet (i cant spell his name)!!!! =]]

ecuador vs england. im expecting england to win. but itd be even more exciting if ecuador wins. it'll be like 0_0 for england fans and ^^!!!! for ecudor fans. lol. ecuador really disappointed me in their last game a lot. i was expceting so much more. i hope they can play like they did for their first two great games. england. in the beginning they dont do so well but later on they do better. they can def. do much better. rooney!! expecting to see him =]] best of luck to both teams.

swiss vs. ukraine. i really dont know who'll win. they're both good. not superpowers but have good teams this year. i doubt either of them will get to group 8 but who knows. ukraine didnt do too well with spain but spain is doing amazing this year so yea but then had a turn and scored 4 goals against Saudis. great job.!! swiss tied france three times. france is a superpower so thats a great job by swiss (they have great defense and a really good goalie). they beat korea (=[[ i almost cried) the goal was good. not amazing but good. but senderos is out =XX and hes one of the really good players. frei is still in. thats good. =]] i'll root for swiss ^_^ hehe.

brasil vs ghana. =XX brasil will most likely win. ghana ... it'll be a great miracle if they do. but for them just getting into group 16 is great. i'll be rooting for ghana =]] i want them to do well and hopefully brasil wont murder them like they murdered the japanese.

... any more i missed?

-i personally wanna see a brasil vs argentina or brasil vs. spain match for finals but im expecting germany and brasil but who knows. hehe

Guest ginachan

I wasn't impressed by Argentina's performance today...I was wrong about them

now i really want german to beat them!!!

GO deutschland

That is so sad :(

I was upset that Korea lost, but I thought he was a great player and I was impressed. I hope he recovers soon.

And yay for Argentina and Germany. Part of my predictions are coming true...

yeah..I'm sad too..I was impressed by that goal he made..

Guest k3nbabeluver

The winning goal is the best goal I've seen so far in this tournament. :o

haha c'on you love this thread too!! let us keep it :D

Australia vs. Italy...who do you guys think will win?

if no suprise, Italy!

man why did he have to close the group G thread?!?! it's because its over we have more to talk about! these moderators have a lot of time with their hands

Guest Hunnytokki

all the bashing that went on that board. I'm glad its closed. some comments were totally uncalled for and RUDE~ now we can talk about the coming games here~

Guest k3nbabeluver

all the bashing that went on that board. I'm glad its closed. some comments were totally uncalled for and RUDE~ now we can talk about the coming games here~

I think we are the only 2 still doing the real time posting hahahaha

England's playing Ecaudor tomorrow!!!!

I was so hoping it to be Germany vs. England. it would be a better game

The swedes should have stayed longer. the vivic guy got a red card for nothing. thats another fair game for you.

Guest lost_kim

the game btw argentina and mexico, very exciting for me... that goal by maxi rodriguez!! wow!! when he put it with his chest and then kicked it...

it was a very nice game generally, cuz i thought it went by really fast... I was sad though that the goal by messi didn't count cuz of the offside call... :( it would have made the game end a lot faster if it would have counted... but yeah, it's past history... I'm sad mexico didn't win, but i'm glad rafa made a goal... :):)

Tomorrow, i hope that england does win, i think they'll be a nice opponent to whoever wins btw the netherlands and portugal!!

Guest k3nbabeluver

i missed the game~ what did Vivic do? was it a straight out red card or two yellows?

o

2 yellows.

1st one he tackled this guy.

2nd one the referee thought he pulled the shirt of the other guy but on replay it was nothing but a touch.

10 men against 11

Guest hanzo_cloud

i want australia to win against italy...

i just found out that Emerton from australia team used to goto the same high school as me... and he was a couple of grades above me so i didnt know him

hahahaaah

Guest k3nbabeluver

i want australia to win against italy...

i just found out that Emerton from australia team used to goto the same high school as me... and he was a couple of grades above me so i didnt know him

hahahaaah

you live in australia? yeah should cheer for them!!!!

Guest ;jenna

Italy vs Australia June 27th - 1:00AM AEST !!

which is like tomorrow, since i'm gona be staying up for it! gosh I can't wait! I'm sure it's gona be an action packed game. =D

Yesterday I saw the german game...I wouldn't be suprised if they win the cup. O_O They're really awesome! I was more impressed with them than with the Brasilians...

Guest dkstariob

Argentina played dirty today. Lots of diving and hard fouls. They have a bad reputation. Messi was awesome though.

Guest Excel

yayy I'm so happy for Argentina's victory XD

haha.. hm.. my friend told me that the referee for argentina vs. mexico is a switz... D:

hm.. blah. whatever--

edit:

ah, and tomorrow's game, I'm rooting for ecuador~ ^_^

Guest crackednut

Argentina played dirty today. Lots of diving and hard fouls. They have a bad reputation. Messi was awesome though.

Messi was crazy

I can't imagine how good he'll be in a year or two :blink:

hope Rooney is playing today!

yayy I'm so happy for Argentina's victory XD

haha.. hm.. my friend told me that the referee for argentina vs. mexico is a switz... D:

hm.. blah. whatever--

edit:

ah, and tomorrow's game, I'm rooting for ecuador~ ^_^

its funny to see how ppl turn to hate the whole country just because they lost a soccer match to them ... hey why dont you go to the forum on www.soccerfansnetwork.com and see for yourself, maybe it will make you feel better knowing that all the italian and spanish fans talk richard simmons about korea and they were over-the-moon when korea lost ... have fun

i not been harsh to anyone im just pissed off seeing ppl whinge about that game ... seriously its over

Archived