Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Guest adikkeluangman

Upcoming SBS drama 'Daebak' holds first script reading with Jang Geun Suk, Yeo Jin Goo, and more

Upcoming SBS drama 'Daebak' held its first script reading with attending actors Jang Geun Suk, Yeo Jin Goo, actress Lim Ji Yeon, and more!

'Daekbak' is a fictional historical drama telling the story of forgotten prince Dae Gil and his younger brother Young Jo as they fight each other for power and love. The drama will tackle action, love, bromance, gambling, and thrill all in one!

lim-ji-yeon_1456904430_20160302002003_0_

In addition, the word of intense bromance between co-stars Jang Geun Suk and Yeo Jin Goo is already drawing quite the attention. 

'Daebak' will air on March 28 after current SBS drama 'Six Flying Dragons'.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/upcoming-sbs-drama-daebak-holds-first-script-reading-with-jang-geun-suk-yeo-jin-goo-and-more 

-----
Jang Geun Suk and Yeo Jin Goo Start Bromance in “Daebak” Script Reading Photos

On March 2, SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama, “Daebak,” released pictures from its first script reading. “Daebak” is a fictional sageuk (historical drama) that tells the story of the fight between ex-prince Daegil, who was cast aside and forgotten, and his younger brother Young Jo. It will have many elements, including action, gambling, love, and even bromance.

The script reading was held on February 15, and over 50 people, including director Kwon Soon Kyu and the writers, were in attendance. Jang Geun Suk, Yeo Jin Goo, Lim Ji Yeon, Jun Kwang Ryul, Choi Min Soo, Lee Moon Shik, Yoon Jin Suk, Yoon Ji Hye, Lim Hyun Shik, and Kim Chae Gun were some of the actors who attended.

CcllDVOWIAAkojk.jpg

The actual reading went on for five hours, and all the actors were nervous yet attentive. Jang Geuk Suk and Yeo Jin Goo were so prepared that it was hard to believe it was only the first script reading. They complimented each other while still maintaining their own color.

Like the actor he is, Jang Geuk Suk portrays Daegil with a light-hearted, yet formal tone, and Yeo Jin Goo uses his abdomen to voice the dignified tone of his character. Their completely different expressions and vocalization fit well with their characters, who grow up living completely different lives, increasing the chances for a successful drama.

Jang Geun Suk comments, “It’s a drama that I’ve really wanted to do, and I really like the character Daegil. I will work hard for positive results. I ask for everyone’s help,” showing off his determination. Yeo Jin Goo also similarly says, “I will pour all my heart and soul into acting out Yeon Ing Gun (later Young Jo), who has a lot of internal pain.”

“Daebak” will air its first episode on March 28, at 10 p.m. KST.

daebak-yeo-jin-goo-jang-geun-suk-2.jpg

Spoiler

daebak-.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/02/jang-geun-suk-and-yeo-jin-goo-start-bromance-in-daebak-script-reading-photos/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Upcoming SBS drama 'Daebak' reveals 1st teaser featuring Jang Geun Suk and Yeo Jin Goo!

Upcoming SBS drama 'Daebak' has revealed its first teaser clip featuring Jang Geun Suk and Yeo Jin Goo!

The brief 20 second clip does a killer job of highlighting the dramatic themes of the drama, including rivalry, action, gambling, and bromance!

'Daebak' will tell the story of two brothers, Dae Gil (played by Jang Geun Suk) and Young Jo (played by Yeo Jin Goo), who fight each other for power and love. 

'Daebak' is set to premiere on March 28!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/upcoming-sbs-drama-daebak-reveals-1st-teaser-featuring-jang-geun-suk-and-yeo-jin-goo 

-----
"Jackpot" Jang Geun-seok and Yeo Jin-goo, who will be the winner?

The new SBS drama "Jackpot" started off with a script reading.

"Jackpot" starring Dae-gil (Jang Geun-seok) and Yeong-jo (Yeo Jin-goo) is a drama about an abandoned prince and his battle with a hoodwinker.

photo697128.jpg

Jang Geun-seok said, "I spent the last 2 years going over my performances and calmed down my thoughts. I want to make "Jackpot" the second peak of my career".

Yeo Jin-goo said, "This is my first grown-up drama and I'm excited for it. I hope I get off on the right foot".

photo697127.jpg

Spoiler

photo697126.jpg

http://www.hancinema.net/jackpot-jang-geun-seok-and-yeo-jin-goo-who-will-be-the-winner--92019.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

[News] "Daebak" Jang Keun Suk, returned to historical drama after 8 years... "His past historical drama journey is Daebak's guarantee"

[SportsSeoul] Actor Jang Keun Suk, returned with skillful historical drama acting after 8 years, in SBS Mon-Tue drama “Daebak’.

“Daebak” is a historical drama which Jang Keun Suk will appear in after a couple of years, together with its storyline, has brought about much anticipation. Especially through the trailer which was recently released, “A son of the king who is not allowed to live, fights against destiny” revealing the extraordinary life of the character who defies against his fate.

Jang Keun Suk, who is capable of capturing the audience through his great acting skills regardless of genre or character, since the child actor from 2001 “Ladies of the Palace”, then through “The Great Ambition”, “Hwang Jini”, “Hong Gil-dong” shaped his foundation. Especially in “Hwang Jini” his role as “Eunho”, the innocent first love of Hwang Jini, touched the hearts of many female viewers through his untainted look and steady acting, brought about many good feedback on this sad love story. Thereafter the “Prince Changhwi” in “Hong Gil-dong” was regarded as the drama which revealed the depth and charm of Actor Jang Keun Suk.
Jang Keun Suk’s appealing eyes, attractive deep voice, and engaging acting skills, not only attracts the audience, but makes the drama more dynamic, hence many are curious about his role as “Daegil”. Jang Keun Suk has great ambition and determination on this drama, coupled with his full trust in the production team, many looked forward to the great results from this perfect chemistry.

24911387054_828e80bf20_o.png

Jang Keun Suk, who was careful in selecting his next drama, has now begun with the filming of “Daebak”, and is immersed into the character “Daegil”. He hoped, through this drama, he could unveil his next acting journey, thus many are curious to see what he will present to the audience.
“Daebak” is a story about the forgotten prince, Daegil and his brother (future King Yeongjo), who enters a match for the throne and love. Daegil (by Jang Keun Suk) who desires the throne while seeking revenge gradually understands the heart of commoners, and walks the path of righteousness, Yeongjo (by Yeo Jin Goo) who is born to a mother of low status, presses towards the throne for survival. And the two who will fight for the love of the same woman.
A son of the king who is not allowed to live, Daegil, by Jang Keun Suk, in drama “Daebak” which will broadcast from March 28 10pm after SBS “Six Flying Dragons”.

Original source: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000122077
English translation: Hazy Lee from ECI

• Like 1

Guest adikkeluangman

'Daebak' reveals second dramatic teaser featuring Yeo Jin Goo, Jang Geun Suk, and more

'Daebak' has now dropped its second dramatic, epic teaser ahead of the SBS drama's premiere on March 28.

It has a pretty great cast that includes Jang Geun Suk, Yeo Jin Goo, Lim Ji Yeon, and more. The tag line next to Jang Geun Suk's face in the teaser reads "The King's son who should not be alive," raising anticipation for the gambling historical drama to come!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/daebak-reveals-second-dramatic-teaser-featuring-yeo-jin-goo-jang-geun-suk-and-more 

[News] Jang Keun Suk charity bazaar, donated 50 million won to handicapped children

Actor Jang Keun Suk has always been praised for his active participation in charity works.

On Feb 21, Jang Keun Suk organized a charity bazaar in collaboration with a famous brand selling bags. Jang Keun Suk generously took out over 200 personal “treasures” for this event, and took good care of his fans who came the night before to queue.

The proceeds collected from the event totaling KRW50million are all donated to Miral Welfare Foundation. The funds will benefit 10 handicapped children and youths for their fees on operation and recovery treatment.

25608695726_97d7f52421_o.jpg

Jang Keun Suk, who is now busy with drama filming, personally attended the donation ceremony at the Foundation on the 5th this month. He shared, “I hope to create an opportunity for everyone to happily participate in charitable works, hence came up with the idea of this charity bazaar, and started the preparation. This precious donation encompasses the warm hearts of many, so I carefully thought about the use. I hope the money can be used more meaningfully, through medical assistance, help children with disabilities to live a better life.”

Jang Keun Suk SBS new drama “Daebak” will premiere from March 28, 10pm.

cre: 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=433&aid=0000015716

English translation: Hazy Lee from ECI

• Like 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk captivates in Poster for new drama "Daebak"

More details have been released regarding Jang Geun Suk‘s “Daebak.”

SBS‘s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Daebak,” written by Kwon Soon Gyu and directed by Nam Gun, is about Dae Gil (Jang Geun Suk), the forgotten son of the king, and his younger brother Yeon In Gun (Yeo Jin Goo / future Yeongjo) fighting for survival, the throne, and love. As a drama set in the Joseon era with a unique story, artful integration of the writer’s imagination with the historical setting, and skilled actors, “Daebak” has quickly become one of the most anticipated dramas of the first half of 2016.

Part of the reason that “Daebak” is attracting the interest of potential viewers is due to the return of actor Jang Geun Suk to the small screen in over two years. Jang Geun Suk is a Hallyu star who has been recognized, not only for his acting in diverse projects, but also his star status. Especially due to the success of his past historical dramas, the public is showing increased anticipation for his appearance in “Daebak.”

24971666473_d554288146_z.jpg

Meanwhile, an image of Jang Geun Suk’s character in the drama was revealed for the first time on March 8. The teaser poster, showing the actor with a deep, intense gaze wearing humble garbs and a satgat (traditional Korean hat) over somewhat unkempt hair perfectly expresses the character Dae Gil who grew up as the king’s forgotten and resentful son. The phrase “Vengeful Dae Gil, the best gambler in Joseon” on the poster adds to the intensity of the character and further amplifies viewer’s expectations.

What is most noteworthy here is the potential of Jang Geun Suk as an actor. He seems to effortlessly express Dae Gil’s characteristics through his gaze and facial expression alone while captivating viewers through his unique control over the camera. Anticipation is rising for “Daebak” and how Jang Geun Suk will portray Dae Gil, the best gambler of Joseon.

The first episode of “Daebak” will be broadcast after the end of “Six Flying Dragons” on March 28.

Original source: soompi

• Like 1

Jang Geun Suk Faces Unknown Threat in “Daebak” Stills

On March 14, the upcoming SBS drama “Daebak” released some still cuts ofJang Geun Suk looking intense in full historical costume.

In the pictures, Jang Geun Suk is facing off with an unknown person in the middle of a snowy scene. He is dressed in rough, humble clothing and a wide-brimmed traditional bamboo hat (satgat) while two blades are held to his throat.

jang-geun-suk-daebak.png

Despite the imminent danger, Jang Geun Suk stares defiantly at the person in front of him. “From the first script reading, he impressed us with his ability to get into character,” the production staff said. “When he acted out the scene, he was so perfectly in character that we just watched with bated breath.”

daebak-jang-geun-suk.png

“Daebak” is a fictional historical drama about a prince named Dae Gil (Jang Geun Suk) who was forgotten by his father and comes into conflict with his younger brother (Yeo Jin Goo). The first episode will air on March 28 at 10 p.m. KST following the end of “Six Flying Dragons.”

cre: 

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/13/jang-geun-suk-faces-unknown-threat-in-daebak-stills/

• Like 1

[Schedule] SBS "Daebak/ The Royal Gambler" event calendar - Daegil version -

- 3rd teaser was released on March 14th (today)
- 4th teaser will be released on March 21st
- Press conference will be held on March 24th
- The first broadcast date is March 28th

25664340692_1d1572b7f1_z.jpg

cre: http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=3792590&memberNo=17330384

Hearts of Fans continent towards "Daebak" Jang Keun Suk, beyond the border

Chinese fans drew Jang Keun Suk proved he has many fans all over the world.
The drawing shows big and gaze deeply eyes with many mysteries of character.
Besides, the quality of his Prince gave fans inspired to draw more pictures.
Because of his returning after two years, fans want to sincerely pray for his success.

f967e5d0172a1c9ae5d81916e07012d1.jpg

cre: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000458610

• Like 2