Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Guest adikkeluangman

Jang Geun-seok, Yeo Jin-goo, Lim Ji-yeon, Im Chang-jeong to star in "Jackpot"?

Actors and actresses Jang Geun-seok, Yeo Jin-goo, Lim Ji-yeon and Im Chang-jeong are negotiating the terms and conditions of the new SBS drama "Jackpot".

"Jackpot" is the story of an unfortunate prince Yeong-soo (Dae-gil) who is born with the fate of royalty but lives the life of a peasant and Yeong-jo who has everything. It's a faction historical about the conflicts of love, fate and the throne. It's being called the Joseon version of "All In".

CZnmwSVWIAEOanW.jpg

Casting is in still process as Jang Geun-seok was offered the role of Dae-gil and Yeo Jin-goo the role of Yeong-jo. Lim Ji-yeon was offered to play Dam-seo and Im Chang-jeong was also offered a role in "Jackpot".

However, the four of their agents drew a line as they told OSEN that nothing has been confirmed yet. After news about casts went out, Im Chang-jeong posted on his SNS, "What is this? It's something I never heard about. Maybe the company is singing and acting on behalf of me. Is there no choice for me?" The post has now been deleted.

http://www.hancinema.net/jang-geun-seok-yeo-jin-goo-lim-ji-yeon-im-chang-jeong-to-star-in-jackpot--90764.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

Guest adikkeluangman

Jang Geun Suk, Yeo Jin Goo, and Lim Ji Yeon Confirmed for New SBS Drama

Update January 29 KST:

After news of casting offers for Jang Geun Suk, Lim Ji Yeon and Yeo Jin Goo for SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Daebak” was revealed, it has now been confirmed that all three actors will be acting in the drama. The actors will be participating in a script reading session soon with the first episode slated to air in March following the end of “Six Flying Dragons.”

Are you excited for the drama?

Original:

Actors Jang Geun Suk, Lim Ji Yeon and Yeo Jin Goo are reported to act together in one drama.

The three actors’ respective agencies have revealed that these three have “received a casting offer for SBS’s new Monday-Tuesday drama, ‘Daebak,’ and are currently considering the offer.”

2016012601002589400174091_99_20160125082

“Daebak” is the tale of the misfortunate Prince Young Soo, who was born of royal blood yet lived a life of the lowest class, and Prince Young Jo, who was born as a prince and had everything handed to him on a silver platter, their love stories, their destinies, and the conflict that ensues over the throne. One bets his life, the other bets his country, in a game for Joseon. It is also being called the historical version of 2003 “All In” which starred Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo.

Jang Geun Suk has been offered the role of Young Soo, Joseon’s infamous swindling gambler who is cool-headed, but has an eternal resentment deep in his heart.

Lim Ji Yeon will potentially play Dam Suh, who was born with the sole purpose of murdering the king. She, who also holds bitter resentment in her heart, proceeds step by step towards the palace. She lives with only revenge on her mind, giving no thought to men and relationships.

Yeo Jin Goo has been offered the role of the clearheaded Young Jo, who has not yet shined on his own during his impending ascent to the throne. He has, however, made a reputation for himself as someone does not bow his head to anyone without reason, even his own father. 

Kwon Soon Gyu, the writer of “Jung Yi, the Goddess of Fire” and “Warrior Baek Dong Soo” will be handling the script, and Nam Gun PD, the director of “Mask,” will be directing this upcoming drama. “Daebak” will air its first episode in late March, following the currently airing “Six Flying Dragons.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/24/jang-geun-suk-yeo-jin-goo-and-lim-ji-yeon-in-talks-to-join-forces-in-new-sbs-drama/ 

Guest adikkeluangman

Jang Geun-seok, Lim Ji-yeon, Yeo Jin-goo, Jeon Kwang-ryeol, Choi Min-soo expand cast in "Jackpot"

SBS drama "Jackpot" has a complete lineup.

Jang Geun-seok, Lim Ji-yeon, Yeo Jin-goo, Jeon Kwang-ryeol and Choi Min-soo are all coming together in one drama.

CaGOcYuUkAAdf4z.jpg

Jang Geun-soo plays the role of Baek Dae-gil, a cold hearted genius. He is the greatest card player in Joseon and carries a dagger.

Lim Ji-yeon plays Dam-seo, a woman born to kill the king. Her resentment towards him takes her step by step to the palace and only has eyes for revenge and no other.

Yeo Jin-goo plays an adventurer named Yeong Jo. He is a king who overcomes many obstacles. He has spirit that not even his father can kill and he never bows down to anyone else without good reason. He puts Joseon on the line for a battle with Dae-gil.

Choi Min-soo plays a cold-hearted king named Sook-jong. He is Jang Geun-seok and Yeo Jin-goo's father.

"Jackpot" is about a game between two men whose fates are on the line. It's the historical version of the 2003 drama "All In".

The drama is directed by Nam Geon and will be broadcast in March.

http://www.hancinema.net/jang-geun-seok-lim-ji-yeon-yeo-jin-goo-jeon-kwang-ryeol-choi-min-soo-expand-cast-in-jackpot-90984.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• 3 weeks later...

Jang Keun Suk garners praise from ‘Daebak’ director and writer

Upcoming SBS TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Daebak’ held a press conference on February 17th, which saw the attendance of Nam Gun PD, writer Kwon Soon Gyu, and others.

‘Daebak’ tells the story of Dae Gil who was raised as a commoner and cheater despite being of royal blood, and his wager with King Yeongjo who has everything, as they vie for love, destiny, and the throne. Jang Keun Suk will be taking on the lead role of Dae Gil, and the drama will be his first in two years since his tax scandal controversy.

24412955262_57ee0fed9b_z.jpg

Nam Gun PD praised Jang Keun Suk by stating, “He doesn’t quite know how to promote himself. I admit that I was prejudiced against him before meeting him, but I realized that he was above all other actors I have met in my life who crave performing. He wanted to try a role that would start from the bottom, but he always ended up with roles that were all too similar in the end like pretty boy characters. He is really masculine, and has great acting ability. He is a perfect fit for the character that I have in my mind. He even called me after the script reading session to ask if he could improve any further. I can see that he is treating himself as a rookie, and I have decided to give my all too.”

Writer Kwon Soo Gyu revealed that Jang Keun Suk will face many difficult situations in the drama. She said, “Dae Gil has a wretched life, and I really couldn’t imagine who would be able to carry off this role while I was writing the script. I feel really sorry for Jang Keun Suk. He will not only get bullied, but will also get thrown into a bucket of feces. There will be many of such scenes, but he is definitely one actor who can perfectly digest this role.”

‘Daebak’ will premiere sometime in March, following ‘Six Flying Dragons.’

cre: 

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/02/18/jang-keun-suk-garners-praise-from-daebak-director-and-writer/

• Like 2

Guest adikkeluangman

'Daebak' PD has endless praise for Jang Geun Suk and Yeo Jin Goo's chemistry

During the press conference for SBS's new drama 'Daebak' that was held on February 17 at a Seoul cafe, writer Kwon Soon Kyu and Producer Nam Gun had nothing but praise for Jang Geun Suk and Yeo Jin Gu's chemistry, calling it "perfect." 

Nam Gun said, "After I met Jang Geun Suk in person, I saw that he had incredible passion for acting. After our meeting, he sent me a text saying, 'I'll give everything like my life was on the line.' I'll be doing the same as well." 

Cbhz8AFWAAE1CBJ.jpg

Kwon Soon Kyu added, "I was a part of the script-reading and Jang Geun Suk and Yeo Jin Goo's chemistry went beyond my imagination. The look in both of their eyes were shining. When I met Jang Geun Suk, he was really manly and was so good at acting that I'm already looking forward to it."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/02/daebak-pd-has-endless-praise-for-jang-geun-suk-and-yeo-jin-goos-chemistry 

TV series writer commends Jang Keun-suk, Yeo Jin-goo for professionalism

Korean TV network SB’s upcoming fictional historic TV series “Daebak” writer commended actors Jang Keun-suk and Yeo Jin-goo for their professionalism in an interview with local media OSEN on Thursday.

Scenario writer Kwon Soon-kyu said he was “very content” with the cast, despite the pressure Jang and Yeo faced. 

The 39-year-old Kwon said he was “honored” to work with the 28-year-old hallyu star Jang, who took the role of protagonist Dae-gil, a vagabond gambler, after a two-year hiatus on the small screen.

CaBHQyLUEAAVrhC.jpg

“The protagonist had to bear hard times, I mean, physically,” Kwon said. “I was assured several times that Jang could really go through that. He is beaten, ditched in dung barrows and rolls in the dirt on location. Surprisingly, he was very enthusiastic with the role.”

Kwon complimented the 18-year-old Yeo, who managed to take his first adult role, as King Yeongjo of Joseon Dynasty. Yeo previously gained recognition with many kid roles since his debut in 2005.

“Yeo himself might be under pressure with his first adult role, but I bet he could get over it,” he said. “I see his potential to be a successful actor in the future, with his deep voice tone. I think he can act in a series of classic historic series roles in the future.”
“I saw him disguised as the king with beard and mustache, and it suited really well,” Kwon added.

The series, preceded by fictional historic TV series “Six Flying Dragon,” kicked off filming Thursday. Its first episode is slated to be aired on March 22. 

http://www.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201602181751528685669_2

• Like 1

Jang Keun Suk ended a bazaar with a bag brand successfully!

On 21st, about 800 fans from home and abroad who had heard the news that JKS and L’inoui would hold a collaborative bazaar gathered in front of a Korean bag brand L’inoui’s flagship shop located in Apgujeong.

Jang Keun Suk who appeared in cheers from fans announced the start of bazaar, shouting loudly “Fighting!” He selected around 200 kinds of his treasured items for the bazaar. With an idea that he hoped as many people as possible to join this event, he decided to donate them such as accessories he had treasured for a long time without regret.

c09a4bd64554bd7ae22da07ec67d56df.jpg

Suitable for his nickname Asia Prince, there were fans from various countries such as Korea, China, Japan, Singapore, Panama, Iran and so on who started queuing on the day before the bazaar. As it showed, fans were really looking forward to the bazaar. To respond their expectations, JKS took good care of them, welcoming them and explaining items directly. He even worked at the cash register. He himself led the charity bazaar actively. Besides, he often went out of the shop during the bazaar to show him to fans waiting outside, and spoke to them casually.

In addition, he gave his autograph on each item that 30 lucky fans bought. He directly told his appreciation to fans who were waiting for a long time, shaking hands and making eye contact with fans one by one.

Jang Keun Suk said, “A warm feeling doing a good deed with many people filled my heart. I’m happy today.” The proceeds from the bazaar will be used for those in need.

Jang Keun Suk is to star in the upcoming SBS Mon-Tue drama “Daebak” and play Dae-gil as his next drama. It’ll be aired in March.

cre: Koari, http://jangkeunsukforever.com/archives/42105#more-42105

[News] A cheering tour for "Dae Gil" whom Jang Keun Suk plays in SBS drama "Daebak" in April

According to Japan Jang Keun Suk fan club, a cheering tour of Jang Keun Suk’ new drama ‘Daebak’ is scheduled in April. This tour was planned by Frau International to celebrate the first drama that Jang Keun Suk appears in 2 years. The tour of three days and two nights starts on April 4th. The participants will visit the shooting site and see the drama with Jang Keun Suk. There seems a mini talk show, too. How lucky the participants are!

24643250114_785a1a7357_z.jpg

cre: http://www.koari.net/products/detail.php?product_id=9264

• Like 2