JJ Lin Jun Jie

Guest Blue Lemonade

Did anyone else get the reference to Jay that JJ made in the "單桃/dan tao" track? It was the conversation in half English half Chinese saying he's not "diao" enough yet...I thought that was quite amusing ^^

n3v3rxdupl1c4t3d: Yes, I love the duet with Jin Sha too! :wub: I love the part where one sings the melody and the other adds little bits of harmony ~ it sounded intertwined (eh, I don't know how to explain it ^^;;) but that part was really nice (it's the part at 2:35). Anyway, they harmonise really well, no wonder they did another duet this time.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kkandy4mee

Did anyone else get the reference to Jay that JJ made in the "單桃/dan tao" track? It was the conversation in half English half Chinese saying he's not "diao" enough yet...I thought that was quite amusing ^^

HAHA yea i heard that...at first i thought it was Jay Chou b/c of the diao part, but i knew jay's english isn't that good...so...is it wang lee hom? @___@

Guest whohungjen?

n3v3rxdupl1c4t3d: Yes, I love the duet with Jin Sha too! :wub: I love the part where one sings the melody and the other adds little bits of harmony ~ it sounded intertwined (eh, I don't know how to explain it ^^;;) but that part was really nice (it's the part at 2:35). Anyway, they harmonise really well, no wonder they did another duet this time.

who IS that talking with him? i thought the whole little track was very amusing. esp. since their english is decent, but what they're saying is like...huh?

and yes, they DO harmonize well :DD i keep listening to it. hahaa

Guest heartdrops

Incase anyone hasn't watched Guess show yet..

JJ singing<3 It makes me go crazy when he sings lmao. It's too perfect.

Guest whohungjen?

^THANK YOU

dont worry, you're not the only one :D

his voice is so woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

I absolutely love his songs!! I really like his latest "Killa"! soo good, especially the beginning.

Does anyone know where I can get the Piano Manuscript for "Killa"??

I saw this guy playing and singing on YouTube. So I guess it must be out somewhere... :sweatingbullets:

Guest heartdrops

^ Someone is already playing it?! I envy people that can play after hearing it.

I want the piano score too!

Guest heavenlydreamy

I LOVE JUN JIE LIN!!!!!!!!

SUPPORTING HIM THEN AND STILL IS NOW!!

I JUST LOVE HIS NEW ALBUM..THE KILLA!!! REALLY CREEPY BUT GOOD..

Guest NO NAME?

I absolutely love his songs!! I really like his latest "Killa"! soo good, especially the beginning.

Does anyone know where I can get the Piano Manuscript for "Killa"??

I saw this guy playing and singing on YouTube. So I guess it must be out somewhere... :sweatingbullets:

I posted the link to download the piano score a few pages back. Here's the link:

http://www.gangqinpu.com/html/3621.htm

Whoa, someone played and sang the song on YouTube? Do you have the link? Haha. I want to see it.

Guest 127days_

this guys maddd!

i just bought his newest album "West Side" off yesasia

cant wait until it arrives :D:D

i watched his new mv too.. for Killer

kinda freaky. not his style

but somehow after a bit you get used to it and he manages to pull it off.

disturbing mv tho ><"

but besides that

his music is +++++++

Guest heartdrops

I posted the link to download the piano score a few pages back. Here's the link:

http://www.gangqinpu.com/html/3621.htm

Whoa, someone played and sang the song on YouTube? Do you have the link? Haha. I want to see it.

Omg, thank you thank you thank you! <3

JJ Lin's "Westside" Exceeds 400,000 Sold

http://www.xin.sg/article.php?article=7156&category=81

http://www.asianfanatics.net

translations by xbunnylicious

Taiwan is JJ's second haven, plans to settle down

July 7 was JJ Lin's first autograph session for his new album, "Westside". Nicknamed as "the sun" by his colleagues, JJ showed his great power. It was rain and thunder at Taipei a few days ago, but it turned sunny for JJ's day. The fans were unable to restrain from screaming when JJ, overloaded with charisma, arrived in a Ferrari.

JJ said, "Other than searching for houses lately, I also had thoughts of getting a new car. I really love cars and had thoughts of buying a race car. Having this opportunity to drive this car today slightly satisfies my wish." Since JJ has been searching for houses and cars in Taiwan, will JJ consider a Taiwanese girlfriend? JJ said, "Taiwan is a really good place, whether it be living conditions or people. I had given myself a goal which is to settle down and find myself a partner when I'm 30 years old. Right now I am 26 years old. There is still a couple more years so I have to work hard!"

JJ's "Westside" exceeds 400,000 copies sold in Asia

Due to the fans' passionate support, JJ's "Westside" sold more than 400,000 copes in Asia. His company especially ordered an ice sculpture to match his "killer" identity. The number 400,000 is blood-red colored and the sculpture is supported by legs and arms. They hope JJ will use his "killer" aura to achieve the champion of album sales.

The host immediately reminded JJ that other than his fans, he shouldn't forget his colleagues from his company. JJ said, "Of course! I not only have to thank the fans for this wonderful result of this album, but also have to thank all of my colleagues's hard work. I promised earlier that if the sales is good, I will bring all the staff to vacation." The company unexpectedly prepared a world dartboard for JJ to shoot darts at.

When the host saw the board, he laughed, "OBM is really selfish. They put the easiest ones on Sicily, Italy and Alcatraz Island, Qingdao, and Taiwan's Green Island." Within JJ's four shots, he shot Green Island twice. JJ said, "This is actually for the fans. I wish for them to be able to get together and not have to travel too far. As with Italy and America, we can also go there. It would be great if I can go to those places for a tour!" If the album sales doubled to 800,000, how will JJ celebrate this achievement? JJ said, "I want to travel with the fans. We can go to the beach and barbeque during the summer. I hope there is a chance to gather with all of Asia's fans."

During the autograph session, JJ indeed has a "killer" aura. There were are disabled fans that arrived early and JJ especially signed their CDs first. Other fans carried 6 CDs for him to sign, leaving JJ feeling touched.

Guest splendidlure

JJ LIN IS ONE OF THE FEW TALENTED TAIWANESE SINGERS. HE CAN TOTALLY SING LIVE. I'VE SEEN HIS CONCERTS. I LOVE HIS PIANO. I LOVE HIS ENGLISH SONG, "DOWN" I ALS0 LIKE HE'S LIKE THE ASIAN VERSION OF NE Y0 H0W HE WRITES S0NGS F0R HIMSELF AND ALS0 0THER ARTISTS. I FELT BAD H0W I READ 0N THE NEWS H0W 0NE FEMALE ARTIST TURNED HIS S0NG D0WN THAT HE WR0TE F0R HER ALBUM. I READ IT 0N ASIAN FANATICS. S0 PEOPLE. D0 N0T DIST0RT MY C0MMENT. THEY'RE TW0 DIFFERENT PEOPLE BUH I L0VE H0W THEY CAN B0TH WRITE EXTREMELY G00D S0NGS.

Guest NO NAME?

TOO MUCH, TOO GORY?

JJ Lin's psycho music video, which sees the S'pore singer killing and mutilating his co-star, is banned on 3 Taiwanese TV stations

By Avis Wong

July 13, 2007

Source : New Paper

HE was the sunshine boy when he made his debut four years ago.

Now, visualise clean-cut JJ Lin as a psychotic murderer who befriends, drugs, then cuts up his victim's body.

Hard to imagine?

The local singer did just that in his music video (MV) for the track, The Killa, from his new album West Side.

The music video, which is about fiveminutes long and has both censored and uncensored versions, has raised more than a few eyebrows.

First, three Taiwanese television stations banned it from being aired because they deemed its content unsuitable for broadcast.

But some fans still caught it when a 21-minute extended and uncensored version was shown at a private screening in Taiwan last Friday.

The screening was a closed-door event for some 300 fans and invited guests aged above 18.

This is not the first time JJ has flirted with controversy and raised questions over whether he is deliberately trying to grab attention.

But what's clear is that he has certainly upped the ante.

The New Paper tried to speak to the star, but was told by his record label Ocean Butterflies that he was busy with his album promotions in Taiwan.

But in a media release, JJ said the extended version, or what he calls an 'experimental movie', was created because they had leftover film and had wanted to present a complete story.

Ocean Butterflies told The New Paper it is considering a similar private screening here for fans.

In the meantime, it is in the midst of obtaining censorship clearance for the music video.

A spokesman from the Media Development Authority confirmed it received the music video on Tuesday and that the request is being processed.

The music video costs NT$5 million ($250,000) to make.

It tells the story of a novelist writing a story of a man (both played by JJ) in love with an exchange student from Brazil (played by Latin beauty Liz, of Paraguayan and Taiwanese descent). His love turns into an obsession and he eventually kidnaps, kills and cuts her up.

He then frames her body parts on his wall - including her severed head - turning it into one giant 'portrait'.

In the full-blown version of the music video, Liz's topless body is visible in two scenes.

There's another scene of her bloodied body in a tub, as the protagonist cuts her up and removes her heart.

There's also a scene of the protagonist placing Liz's dismembered head onto the portrait.

The provocative scenes proved disturbing for some fans of JJ, who's known for his clean-cut looks and has hordes of young fans from Singapore to Taiwan.

Student Janice Lim, 13, said she caught the video on the Net.

'I was quite shocked,' she admitted.

'I think it's gone a bit too far. It's a good thing he takes the risk to go further (in his career) but he didn't have to resort to (playing on the topic of) killing,' she said

She has seen all three versions of the video on the Internet.

Ms Carol Quek, 29, a human resource administrator, said she actually had a nightmare after catching the censored five-minute clip online.

'I know the story is to go with the song's title, but the music video seems to be glorifying the murderer.

'If it's a movie, it's okay because the story will string it along. But it's too scary for a music video.

'I don't think I would dare to sing along to the video at KTVs,' she added.

Other Netizens, however, appear to enjoy the music video.

Said one Netizen, Bloodredrosez: 'I can't believe they (TV stations) banned this... well, just goes to show the conflict between art and censorship again. In some communities they would say this is brilliant, creative, original. And in others you wouldn't even get to see it.'

Another Netizen by the name of Northliv feels this was JJ's best performance in a music video, adding: 'Oh my goodness... I love this MV to bits. Though sadistic (it) fits the song really well.'

Still, some acknowledged it might be a little too frightening for young minds.

Ocean Butterflies' music director Billy Koh said that JJ wrote the song The Killa after watching a slasher flick.

The music video was conceptualised by JJ and Taiwanese MV director Bill Jia and another Ocean Butterflies staff.

Both the song and the video were meant to portray the internal struggle of the good and evil sides of man, and the need to face up to one's dark side in order to appreciate the good.

'It's considered a big breakthrough for JJ from his past good-boy image. It's his fifth album, so people can accept that he's just playing a role,' said Mr Koh.

The music fraternity also appeared to be open-minded about JJ's controversial move.

Mr Andy Kwan, marketing director with entertainment company Music & Movement, says JJ's video is not shocking as there are MVs from the West that contain more gore and violence.

'The MTV generation is much smarter now and are not so easily influenced by what they see.'

A music industry personnel, who did not want to be named, said the music video sits well with the song.

She said: 'The song is about a killer, so it would be strange if there was no killer in the MV.

The industry people we spoke to doubt the controversy will hurt JJ's image or dent his career.

'Every artiste has to progress. He can't always stay a boy-next-door,' said Mr Kwan.

JJ's fans who were shocked with the gory scenes say that they are supportive nonetheless.

'He likes to break through, so I don't think he's doing this to hit the headlines,' said Ms Quek.

credit: YenkYenk @ AsianFanatics Forum

Archived