my acne journey.

Guest diceey

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peppermintx

wow thanks for sharing this mask! I am suffering from severe acne atm and its worse than the pics you have above!! you're face cleared up ALOT & you look great in the recent pics!

I will def try this! :)

Guest verbosely

I tried this mask today, with some plain yogurt and mung bean starch (didn't get yakult yet!). There is definitely a noticeable difference, my face feels pretty smooth and looks glowy afterwards. Calmed down a lot of inflamation, definitely. Going to continue with it (will buy Yakult tomorrow)!

Guest melomelon

Wow, the change really is quite dramatic. Thanks for sharing. However, I'll probably end up drinking the Yakult since I love it so much LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kinkee-hugs
:D I tried this yesterday, after only one application my skin is notably smoother, more pale, and some of my small pimples are no where in sight! O: w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest espèce*

My face had always been attacked by several acne breakouts and they would leave me those red/dark spots. So did I tried this mask once I read this topic, I must say that this mask DID calm down my acne breakout, not totally but enough for me to not having an emotional breakout due to it. Like many said, Yakult can get expensive in the long term and yet, it didn't cure my acne.

However, I came across an acne product-regime called Exposed Skincare; I did my research on Google and it came out quite well (ranked much better than Proactive) so I decided to give a try. And I must say that it works a WONDER for my skin, my skin now is much better , no more acne breakout and no more oily T-zone.

When you first use it, your skin will react to the products and you will get dry and quite itchy skin but this will come down once your skin gets used to the products (usually 3-4 days)....and after 1 month, you will have less breakout. It's very important to read the instructions giving.

I normally don't recommend any products because I lack patience when trying them out. But I did give time for the Exposed Skincare and it finally paid me off by giving me healthy skin. There is no miracle product that can treat your acne over a couple days (even weeks) so you have to give it time. Now I only have to treat my dark spots by using serums (Clinique Dark Spots Corrector + it's Cream did work, my spots are much less visible now).

For you, who, have trouble with your acne, believe me and give this skincare regime a chance, you won't regret it. PM me if you want to know about the products

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cherryblack

Would mung bean powder work? That's all i have D: But anyway, thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip!I will try later. I have many blemishes and breakouts on my face.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pandalover90

I seriously doubt you guys should try it. but if you do, by all means go ahead AT YOUR OWN RISK! i was having bits of comedones sprouting all over my cheeks and forehead but NOTHING beats the after math of the mask. what was supposed to be smoother skin, decrease redness and improvement in complexion turned out to be the biggest nightmare. my face became really bad after that and i only had it on for 30 minutes!! as i was washing off the mask, my face was really rough-tiny bumps and red patches appeared on my face and the next morning, my eyes were swollen and my skin felt tighter and itchier. i thought it'd get better but it got worst!

it took about 4 days for everything to subside with corticosterones and antihistaminics. it was so bad that i'm thankful for the current condition of my skin despite it being oily and imperfect =) oh btw, CETAPHIL works wonders =)

what im trying to say is, maybe this isnt for everyone. it may have worked for her but just because many girls had great results after using it, doesnt mean it'd turn out the same way for you. if you have really sensitive skin like mine, don't try it (i didnt even realise my skin's such a brat ><)

well, goodluck!

I seriously doubt you guys should try it. but if you do, by all means go ahead AT YOUR OWN RISK! i was having bits of comedones sprouting all over my cheeks and forehead but NOTHING beats the after math of the mask. what was supposed to be smoother skin, decrease redness and improvement in complexion turned out to be the biggest nightmare. my face became really bad after that and i only had it on for 30 minutes!! as i was washing off the mask, my face was really rough-tiny bumps and red patches appeared on my face and the next morning, my eyes were swollen and my skin felt tighter and itchier. i thought it'd get better but it got worst!

it took about 4 days for everything to subside with corticosterones and antihistaminics. it was so bad that i'm thankful for the current condition of my skin despite it being oily and imperfect =) oh btw, CETAPHIL works wonders =)

what im trying to say is, maybe this isnt for everyone. it may have worked for her but just because many girls had great results after using it, doesnt mean it'd turn out the same way for you. if you have really sensitive skin like mine, don't try it (i didnt even realise my skin's such a brat ><)

well, goodluck!

Guest turquoise_and_takoyaki

^^sounds like you had an allergic reaction especially after you have mentioned that you took some corticosteriods and anti-histamines. I do agree that there are risks about this mask and it really is either a hit or miss. I have yet to try it since I can never find the bloody mung bean flour/starch in any asian store where I live.

• 1 month later...
Guest k.a.p.r.i

this def. works. i tried it for ~3 weeks and have seen significant improvement! :) so glad you shared this with us.

for those of you who are doubtful, just give it a try! you have nothing to lose. i only spent ~$5 on the ingredients!

Do you mix the mung bean powder and the yogurt together and then apply it? Also, is there a set time for leaving it on? Thanks :sweatingbullets: Oh .. I'm also using a cream prescribed by the doctor, so can i still apply it at night after using the mask O:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SLEEK_SUSHI

Hey guys!

Well I have tried this mask about a year ago for probably 5 months and my acne cleared dramatically. It didn't all go away but it was

waaaay better than before. I mixed yakult and mung bean starch and placed it on my face for 30 mins everyday. After I would wash my face with a cleanser, tone, and put benzoyl peroxide. However after 5 months I started to get really lazy and I stopped continuing this mask regimen. BAD DECISION. My acne slowly came back and surely BAM. I'm back the way I started. I didn't continue to do it like she said to and that was a bad choice. So right now I want to get back on it because my self esteem right now is really low and I feel horrible. But overall what I am trying to say is it did work for me but you have to continue this and stay committed.

Well good luck!

-kim

Guest pinayheart

Ha, I just bought yakult and mung bean flour today, but the yakult is a different brand, like Biofeel or something.

I have a question though, do I go on with my regular face stuff routine after applying the mask for 30 minutes?

I use the tea tree oil set from the body shop, should I just skip it on nights I use the mask?

Thanks in advance to whoever answers! :)

Archived