my acne journey.

Guest diceey

Guest SongChibi

Hello!! Thank you for such a great information =D I have the mask on right now, and hopefully it will do a good for my face >.< I will post again to tell how it worked for me.

I thought I made it pasty but it was still hard to put >.<

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SongChibi

so I just tried it and my face looks really glowy =))) I am very happy with the result so far!!! I will give y'all an update in a month or something~

Guest sWeEteSt.eTeRNiiTy

Hi! Congrats on clearing your face! =) I would like to try this out also, but do you think you can give us a step by step instructions on what you did, like did u wash ur face first, then leave it on for how long, etc like that? sry if you answered this already, but scrolling thru 23 pages gets tiring. ><;;

---------

Edit: So after reading all the good results, I got too excited and decided to

try it out. I did it twice already..so not seeing much results yet. And I can'tseem to get the right proportions because when I put it on, it kinda drips in my hair. Lol. My niece and I had a good time laughing about it. XD will be back to let you guys know the results. ;]

Guest iiidroolmm

im actually wearing this mask right now and wooow.. it is such. an interesting texture! but nonetheless we'll see how it works!! :)

pardon me for being too lazy to read through every page of this thread, but do you know exactly what is it in the yakult and mung bean flour that work to heal the skin? I do have an Asian market in my town but I'm wondering if kefir (a fermented milk drink kinda like drinkable yogurt) would work in place of yakult, just because my family happens to buy that anyway.

Guest candyday

I ground some mung beans by putting a bunch in a food processor. Mixed with some yogurt, it was okay but didn't give any immediate effects.

If you can't get mung bean powder/starch, try cooking mung beans as if you were making the soup, then using the mush. Same nutrients, and you can drink the soup too.

Guest Melaniii

I love Soompi. :) Thank you so much, I am literally grabbing my bag now and running to Chinatown. :D

And you are really pretty ;]

Guest miakiiro

1.jpg

Mung bean/green bean flour

2.jpg

Yakult

3.jpg

Mung bean/green bean flour + yakult

Is this how the mixture supposed to looks like??

Guest lovesicles

I'm getting so frustrated. LMAO. I went to three asian stores today to see if I could find Mung Bean starch... but all they have is the Mung Bean BEANS. LOL. Gaaarh... -Frowny- :(

I'll keep looking I guess. A lot of people are saying it works, so it MUST! Thanks a bunch for sharing this diceey. (: <3

And Yakult is sold in regular American stores like Raley's and stuff right? :mellow: Or is that only in Asian stores too? Haha.

are you sure you're looking in the right place? i found mine near the rice + flour section.

how come everyone has a different looking mung bean?

my mung bean starch is white!

Guest lilian21

To OP:

I googled your mask when you first posted this topic, and there were no information on it, maybe about a page (if even). Just the other day, I googled again, and to my surprise, there were MULTIPLE blogs talking about it. I seriously think you should make a youtube video of this mask and make your claim to it. Some of those sites reference you (indirectly sometimes), but many of them don't. Maybe this is unintentional, but I highly doubt that within a couple months, multiple people came up with a mask of "yakult+mung beans", especially when all these entries are AFTER your initial post here. Of course, you don't get money or anything claiming your "copyright" to this mask, but it seems unethical for others to write a "tutorial" on this without crediting or referencing you. A certain youtube guru *cough Phan cough* has a reputation of posting DIY masks without crediting people, I won't be surprised if she "comes up" with this brilliant idea in the near future.

Guest Mystrillium

The mung bean starch I have is white. It is best to apply the mixture when it's drippy/ liquidy. Once you leave it on, within a few minutes it dries as a powder. I've used it only for a few days, going to wait a month to see if it has an affect on my skin ^^

I've used yellow split mung beans and my mom blended them in a food processor with yakult/ biofeel and after using that I could feel my skin being soft and supple (moisturized). So maybe using something raw will give you more nutrients?

I've tried mung bean powder (for a few days before I got the starch) and mung bean starch (I like the starch better). The starch is pure white and very fine. I also found mine in the rice/noodle/ramen section of the asian store I went to (it's all in one section and the starch was across from it but I can't remember what it was actually sitting next to).

I still didn't find Yakult so instead I've been using plain, nonfat Greek yogurt and I really like it. Recently I've been mixing in a bit of honey. I've definitely seen an improvement in my face but that might also be because I switched moisturizers...I really should stop compounding everything because then I never really know what's working by itself. My face is so so so so smooth and soft after I take it off though. I find it definitely tones down redness at least and kind of like...even your complexion? Thanks again! :)

Guest ohmylamb.

I've used it twice already. The first time, I used a spoon to mix the paste but it was too hard (blocky) on my face. The second time, which was yesterday, I mixed using my right hand. I kept adding yakult and the mung beans until it was too much! Oh, for yesterday's, I put in honey too! It's a smooth texture. I saw a drastic difference in my face. Not healed yet, of course, but compared to the other day, it was better.

My face is bad at this moment because recently, I used Panaoxyl which created wonders on my brother's face but when I put it on mine, it dries out my cheeks and leaves flaky skins ): I've been scratching my face at night so it has injuries. I don't really have new pimples but it's still red... IDK what it's called but it's red! & the holes... I hate the holes even though they're not deep ): Hope this mask overcomes my facial problems. I feel sad for not taking care of myself back then.

I'll show you guys pictures when the progress lengthens so you can see more difference. BTW, my beans are called Hoen Kue, which I believe is green/mung beans.

Guest RiceCakes

I'm going to try this!

I found the mung bean starch ok, but the store didn't carry yakult, only one of the other brand alternatives with the same active ingredient, but it's strawberry-flavoured >_<. Is that okay to use, rather than just plain...or whatever flavour the original yakult is XD? I've always heard that using plain stuff is usually better on your face.

Guest yumoreo5

I just bought some Mung Beans and blended it very well, like powder, but seems like no matter how much it looks like powder, once you mix the substance (Yakult) in, it becomes a bit of a rough texture, like little wet balls, which would be great for exfoliation. Anyway, hopefully, it works for me.

Instead of Yakult, I bought Yakin, is that the same?

One huge question, can we use this mask on our backs for acne?

Guest sWeEteSt.eTeRNiiTy

So this is my third week using this mask...I try to use it every other day and I've been noticing some things.

Instead of actually moisturizing my face and making it smooth like others claimed, I actually notice it dries out my face...including my pimples, which could be a good thing. But then again, the weather has been drier and colder so the mask might not completely be the reason why my face is dried.

I'm still breaking out, although I do notice that it IS less than usual. My scars are still there and I'm not sure about evening out my complexion because I don't actually do the mask on my entire face. Instead I just put it on my forehead and nose, and then spot treatment the rest because I was scared of allergic reactions that I might get since my face is pretty sensitive.

I'm gonna keep using it to see if it will help in the long term.

Side note, I have not been using Yakult, which might be the reason also.. I'm just using another brand. *shrugs*

Wish me luck! :]

Oh, and at first, it was very hard spreading the yogurt&bean mixture with a spoon or a stick...so I found an easier way to do it. Using my hands!! =D I mix with a popsicle stick and then when I apply, I scoop a spoonful and then use my fingers to put it on my face and pat it out until it goes flat and spreads outwards. It does drip a bit though so leave some room for it to spread downwards. :]

Guest I'mAddicted

Congrats on your skin! It looks amazing now.

I've tried this out just yesterday and it makes my skin feel so soft; i like it, I hope it gives me the same results :D

I was wondering how many times a week do you use it? And do you use it day and night, or just once in a day?

Guest 19wishes.

^ i'm wondering the same thing ^^

my first time attempting the mask, bought some yakult and luckily my mother already had the mung bean powder since she uses it to make food.

i had to make two batches of the mask because first time it didn't cover enough of my face (probably due to the fact that i didnt use as much yakult) and had a rubbery consistency. second time it was nice and runny and i applied it using my fingers.

it wasn't too messy and washed off my face really nicely. it's too early for me to see too many signs of improvement so i'll be back in a couple of weeks. ^^

edit

the mask works really well on my skin :) i have sensitive & combination/oily skin. i noticed a dramatic decrease in pimples after the first few uses. highly recommended!

Archived