Ok TaecYeon 옥택연 | [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Taereung Zombie Village"]

Admin

On 3/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, TheaN said:

The man is ageless :love:

@TheaN, I very much agree with you - Thanks for sharing this. :kitty:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 8-14, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-8-14-2021/

Saturday, Mar. 13      
Revolutionary Sisters 1 KBS 23.5%
Penthouse 2 8 SBS 24.8%
Beyond Evil 8 JTBC 5.4%
Times 7 OCN 1.5%
Vincenzo 7 tvN 9.2%
Sunday, Mar. 14      
Revolutionary Sisters 2 KBS 26.0%
Times 8 OCN 2.3%
Vincenzo 8 tvN 10.4%

*** Taec chatted about his acting and singing careers in his recent pictorial interview in 1st Look magazine. According to him, playing Jang Jun Woo in his latest drama was a new challenge for him. They're gearing up for their comeback but, he doesn't know if they can make their comeback this year, but they're planning. :wow2:

161329814_180116243724157_97460896588606

161546903_818833045510714_21656301411363

162195443_729584084391407_19652777367509

*** "Vincenzo" and "Sisyphus: The Myth" are the only on-going dramas in this top 10.  :heart3:

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On March 18 Data)

Are you a Netflix user? If you are using the platform, you would know that there is plenty of Korean content with dramas and TV shows.

Netflix offers different content in each country. Dramas, TV shows, and movies that are available for viewers in Korea are not the same for other country's viewers. Also, a program might be available in your country at a different time from its release in Korea.

Netflix Korea has a top 10 ranking of daily popular content on its platform. These are the most popular Netflix programs of the day in Korea based on March 18 data (retrieved on March 18, data of March 17).

netflix-Korea-screenshot-top-10-03182021

1. "Vincenzo"

2. "Love (Ft. Marriage and Divorce)"

3. "Sisyphus: The Myth"

4. "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba"

5. "The Swordsman"

6. "Love Alarm 2"

7. "Knowing Bros"

8. "Couples Who Want To Get Hot Again 2"

9. "She Would Never Know"

10. "Don't be the First One!"

The popular drama "Vincenzo" ranked 1st, followed by "Love (Ft. Marriage and Divorce)" and "Sisyphus: The Myth".

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-popular-netflix-programs-currently-in-korea-based-on-march-18-data/

*** I'm not really into historical genres but, I hope he would say yes here. :Twerkdatbutt:

*********************************************************************************************

2PM’s Taecyeon Joins Jung So Min In Talks For New Historical Drama

8fe8911310cc4b42b95bf7d2231079be.jpeg?s=

2PM’s Taecyeon may be starring opposite Jung So Min in a new historical drama!

On March 19, Taecyeon’s agency 51K confirmed reports that he was in talks to star in the upcoming drama “Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi” (literal translation).

A representative of the agency stated, “It’s true that Ok Taecyeon has received a casting offer for ‘Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi.’ It’s one of multiple projects for which he is currently in talks.”

They went on to clarify, “Nothing has yet been decided.”

Earlier this year, Jo Byeong Gyu was confirmed to have received an offer to star in the drama, though it is unclear whether he is still in talks for the project. Meanwhile, Jung So Min is currently in talks to play the female lead.

“Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi” is described as a fantasy historical drama about a lazy secret royal inspector—whose job is to go undercover and expose corruption—teaming up with a fiery woman who is ahead of her time. Together, they set out on a grand scheme to uncover the truth.

Are you excited to potentially see Taecyeon and Jung So Min star in this new drama?

In the meantime, watch Taecyeon in “The Game: Towards Zero” with subtitles below!

Watch Now

Source (1) (2) (3)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheaN said:

Couple of outtakes from the 1st Look photoshoot. 

source:  51K

@TheaN, thanks for sharing more pictures. He said in his interview with the magazine that Joon Woo shares so many similarities with his real-life personality. He's really working hard as an actor. His acting on "Vincenzo" is so awesome! And he looks so yummy! - Hahaha - :rickroll:

2PM’s Taecyeon Spills the Tea Why He Accepted the Villain Role in tvN’s ‘Vincenzo’

Hey, hey! The real boss is here! 2PM's Taecyeon is the newest villain in town who will get you entertained with his commendable performance.

But first, the idol-actor took a break from his antagonist role to flaunt his visuals and spill us some tea through his latest fashion pictorial with 1st Look magazine.

2PM's Taecyeon Shows Off His Duality in 1st Look Photoshoot

The 32-year-old actor currently portrays the character of a rookie lawyer, named Jang Jun Woo, in the smashing hit weekend drama "Vincenzo". This serves as his comeback on the small screen following the 2020 thriller "The Game: Towards Zero."

Check out his photos HERE!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL5dU1ZsO4a/?utm_source=ig_embed

And as he landed on the cover of Korea's famous fashion magazine 1st Look for its April issue, Taecyeon was able to showcase his unique fashion styles, just like how he dominates our weekends with his duality. In fact, the way he balances his actor and idol image is already commendable enough.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMinZ5Jh3uW/?utm_source=ig_embed

The hunk singer/actor spilled the beans on how he ended up accepting the villain role in "Vincenzo".

He revealed, "The moment I already received the script, I had this thought in mind 'This should be me.' That is how the character of Jang Jun Woo reminded me of myself."

The "Dream High" star used his imagination to see how he could better portray the character of Jang Jun Woo. He added that he should put in mind that the role he was about to play is someone who has various colors, different characteristics from hot to cold.

The 2PM member experienced dilemma and kept asking himself whether he could really pull off being the bad guy in the series. In the end, he found himself, attending the first schedule of filming and just brought all his strength to genuinely show his emotions.

The 2PM member experienced dilemma and kept asking himself whether he could really pull off being the bad guy in the series. In the end, he found himself, attending the first schedule of filming and just brought all his strength to genuinely show his emotions.

2PM's Taecyeon (7)

Taecyeon made an unexpected transformation in the drama with his character as Jang Jun Woo. From being a cute intern to being the real chairman of the Babel Group, he amazed the viewers with his impressive character development.

In fact, there are still lots of exciting and intriguing moments that we should look forward to in upcoming "Vincenzo" episodes.

2pms-taecyeon-6.jpg?w=600?w=650

Meanwhile, "Vincenzo" popularity increases in different parts of the world. What makes it irresistible is its unique storyline, perfect casting, and the characters' chemistry with one another.

Catch "Vincenzo" Episode 9 and Episode 10 on March 20 and 21, respectively, at 8:00 p.m (KST) on tvN and 10:00 p.m (KST) on Netflix to see more of Taecyeon's impressive acting skills.

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120143/20210318/2pm-taecyeon-spills-tea-villain-role-tvn-vincenzo.htm

*** Taec has been offered the male lead role of an upcoming tvN historical drama series.  He's been offered the role of the male lead character Ryan, a wealthy, intelligent, handsome royal inspector without a care in the world. Ohhh..............I guess he fits this to a T............. Taec is finer than a glass of wine. I'm glad that he's always booked and busy. :rubchin:

*** tvN’s “Vincenzo” hits new ratings high with its latest episode! The drama scored an average nationwide rating of 11.4 percent and a peak of 12.5 percent for the evening, marking a new personal record for the hit drama. I'm really hooked for this drama. So happy for "Vincenzo."  I am super excited for the next episode. It’s fun.  More power to "Vincenzo!" It's a high quality drama. I love every second of it. It's really good. If you aren’t watching it yet then you should watch it right now. It's funny and dramatic at the same time. :kisslevel:

‘Vincenzo’s’ Ok Taec-yeon courted for tvN’s upcoming historical drama

202103191003388010_1.jpg

Idol-actor Ok Taec-yeon is in talks to star in tvN’s new historical series Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi.

On March 19, 51K, Ok’s management company, shared, “Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi is one of the works in which Ok Taec-yeon has been proposed to appear in the lead role.” An official from tvN also verified the news and said that the 2PM member is “one of the actors currently in discussions” for the drama. His offered role, however, has not been disclosed.

Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi is described as a fantasy-historical drama that will follow a bright but lazy royal secret agent who has no goals in life and a Joseon woman who has modern ideals and dreams of getting a fresh start. Together, they will work in uncovering the truth behind a huge conspiracy.

Previous reports have revealed that Jung So-min (Soul Mechanic) and Jo Byung-gyu have received starring-role offers for the drama. However, Jo recently got involved in school violence allegations.

While his side has stated that the accusations are “unfounded” and that they will respond legally to the claims, the controversy has subsequently affected the The Uncanny Counter (2020–2021) actor’s entertainment activities. On March 19, an official from tvN told news outlets, “It is true that [we] made an offer to Jo Byung-gyu in the beginning of the casting [process], but the actor has given it [the role] up.”

Meanwhile, Ok Taec-yeon is currently gracing the small screen as a two-faced lawyer in tvN’s hit mafia-themed series Vincenzo.

Tale of the Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi is slated for broadcast during the second half of 2021.

source : https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202103191003388010#_enliple

Ok Taecyeon On His *Complex* Role In 'Vincenzo': 'It's a kind of acting that I've never tried before'

'I'm curious to see how viewers react to this side of me.'

ok-taecyeon-vincenzo-character-161638921

WARNING: *Major* spoilers ahead for Vincenzo! Don't read if you haven't seen the latest episodes yet.

Who else felt totally ~played~ by Ok Taecyeon in Vincenzo thinking he'd be the comic relief we needed in the drama?! Yup, all of us. The hit series, which is part action part comedy and part crime-suspense, gave us one of the biggest and unsuspected plot twists when it was revealed that the offbeat and naïve law intern Jang Jun Woo was, in fact, the most ruthless and twisted villain in the drama.

Ok Taecyeon talks about his Vincenzo character Jang Jun Woo

Taecyeon's acting is by far impressive because he effortlessly shifts from one persona to the next. And even after acting for over a decade, the 32-year-old star considers Jang Jun Woo his most complex role to date. In an interview with 1st Look magazine, Taecyeon revealed that he too thought Jang Jun Woo was super-similar to his real-life bubbly personalityuntil he found out about his drastic change in his character arc! "Jun Woo shares so many similarities with my real-life personality that when I first read the script, I thought to myself, 'I have to do this role!' But as it turned out, Jang Jun Woo was a character with a wide variety of unexpected charms," he said.

He then went to talk about the challenge in playing a character that's multi-faceted and has polarizing characteristics: "Because he's a character whose personality switches back and forth between cold and warm, I've been spending a lot of time worrying about each and every little detail during filming, wondering, 'Will it look right if I express [the character] like this?' Because it's a kind of acting that I've never tried before, I'm curious to see how viewers react to this side of me."

Ok Taecyeon on how he approaches his acting roles

As a seasoned actor, Taecyeon always makes it a point to show a side of him in whatever on-screen role he plays. "When I look at [potential] acting projects, I pay attention to how the story unfolds, and then what kind of side of myself I can show through my character," he further shared. "Rather than portraying an entirely different person, I personally think of acting as bringing out another side of myself or amplifying different aspects of myself to portray [a character]. I hope that when people see my acting, they'll be able to immediately understand what kind of character I'm playing and what kind of situation he's in. I'm working hard to achieve that."

Ok Taecyeon's future acting projects

Because of the success that Vincenzo, Taecyeon recently received an offer to star in the historical drama Tale Of The Secret Royal Inspector And Jo Yi (literal title). Although nothing has been decided yet, his agency 51k confirmed the offer: "It's true that Ok Taecyeon has received a casting offer for Tale Of The Secret Royal Inspector And Jo Yi. It's one of multiple projects for which he is currently in talks." Actress Jung So Min is also reportedly in talks to play Taecyeon's female lead.

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/ok-taecyeon-complex-role-vincenzo-a483-20210322?ref=home_feed_1

*** Vincenzo was popular from its start and still is.  This week, the drama hit its highest rating of 11.4 percent. We’re only halfway through so, there’s still a lot of time to grow. :rickroll:

*********************************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 15-21, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-15-21-2021/

Saturday, Mar. 20      
Revolutionary Sisters 3 KBS 25.0%
Penthouse 2 10 SBS 26.6%
Beyond Evil 10 JTBC 5.5%
Times 9 OCN 1.4%
Vincenzo 9 tvN 9.1%
Sunday, Mar. 21      
Revolutionary Sisters 4 KBS 27.2%
Times 10 OCN 2.8%
Vincenzo 10 tvN 11.4%

Ok Taec Yeon Creeps Viewers Out with His Evil Smile on ‘Vincenzo’

162544788_278719830291160_88496226208567

Ok Taec Yeon revealed his evil side in Vincenzo.

As the evil deeds of the hidden villain in tvN’s series Vincenzo became more evident, the sociopath Jang Jun Woo revealed his craziest side. In the last episode, he intensified the plot by speeding up the production of Babel’s painkillers, ordering labor services to demolish Geumga Plaza, and sending people to Italy to learn of Vincenzo’s weaknesses.

His evilness has become more dramatic as Jang Jung Woo explains why he pretends to be an ordinary lawyer while manipulating Jang Han Seo (Kwak Dong Yeon) behind the curtain. He tells Choi Myung Hee (Kim Yeo Jin), “First of all, it’s thrilling like playing a game! Secondly, I don’t want to end up in jail when things go wrong! Lastly, I want to play god.” The villain then implied the reason why he made the colossal cartel to dominate Korean political and business circles, the media, and the prosecution.

He said, “God gives us one or two moments of happiness, and it creates the illusion that the world is worth living. Interesting, right?” As his distorted desires came to the surface, the viewers are looking forward to seeing Jang Jun Woo as the series’s ultimate antagonist.

Viewers were in shock especially as Jun Woo’s nervous eyes were shown at the end of the episode along with Vincenzo saying “I found out who the real boss of Babel is.”

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210323014851795

Tired of rom coms? Take a go at these 5 intense KDramas!

Light-hearted comedies are always good to watch. But they can get boring, no doubt. If you’re looking for some drama to spice up your life, take a look at our recommendations list!

We’re not saying romcoms are boring. We’re saying they might get boring. Isn’t that why you’ve clicked on this to read the article? Well, we all do need some story that can get our hearts and minds pumping. What better than some intense KDramas? South Korean industry is finally getting recognition for its unique concepts, stories and direction. 

As unique and refreshing the love stories in KDramas are, so are the thrilling suspenses and mysteries in the intense ones. And sometimes, a murder series where you're very close to nabbing the bad guy/girl gets your heart rate beating faster than watching Park Seo Joon kissing Park Min Young in What's Wrong With Secretary Kim. So while others get all mushy-mushy, let's get down to business. We're now going to progress to some dramas that are a bit more intense than usual, that'll have you googling theories and explanations. 

Let's get to it then! 

Save Me (2017)

save_me.jpg?itok=k70wgHiK

Starring Ok Taec-yeon, Seo Yea Ji, Jo Sung-ha, and Woo Do-hwan, this drama is the adaptation of a webtoon called Out Of The World. Even the poster of this drama is eye-catching and mysterious. The show has two seasons and they both don't disappoint. It's an incredible tug-of-war drama with Sang Mi (Seo Yea Ji) in the middle. It's about four classmates trying to "save" their former classmate from the clutches of a religious cult with deep, dark secrets. If mental games, suspense and uncovering really bad secrets are your thing, give this drama a try. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/tired-rom-coms-take-go-these-5-intense-kdramas-661078

*** I heard that Song Joong Ki will have an intense face-off with Taec in the 2nd half of "Vincenzo". This is soon because on March 27, the drama opens another door for a more sizzling second half. Babel Group's CEO will commit more evil deeds that go beyond the limit. hahaha -Tension escalates soon. I'm excited to see the second half.  :rubchin:

*** "Vincenzo" has been topping the popular ranking of Netflix Korea for the past few weeks. It's an on-going drama. :kitty:

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On March 25 Data)

Are you a Netflix user? If you are using the platform, you would know that there is plenty of Korean content with dramas and TV shows.

Netflix offers different content in each country. Dramas, TV shows, and movies that are available for viewers in Korea are not the same for other country's viewers. Also, a program might be available in your country at a different time from its release in Korea.

Netflix Korea has a top 10 ranking of daily popular content on its platform. These are the most popular Netflix programs of the day in Korea based on March 25 data (retrieved on March 25, 9:48 am KST, data of March 24).

10 Most Popular Netflix Programs Currently In Korea (Based On March 25 Data)

1. "Vincenzo"

2. "Sisyphus: The Myth"

3. "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba"

4. "Knowing Bros"

5. "Navillera"

6. "The Yin Yang Master"

7. "Couples Who Want To Get Hot Again 2"

8. "Love (Ft. Marriage and Divorce)"

9. "Don't be the First One!"

10. "She Would Never Know"

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-popular-netflix-programs-currently-in-korea-based-on-march-25-data/