[Drama 2010] The Good Day When the Wind Blows 바람 불어 좋은날

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks niclaudia for the links... The one with chp 4 does not seem to work

I think this one works:

I cant wait to watch this.. KSE is so adorable! I am looking forward to seeing KSE-JYH chemistry as well as the triangle of LHJ-KMS-JDY :D

Guest mayadee666

I can't wait to watch it with sub also! FYI, Bumsso is going to sub this drama. Hope everyone can support us, we still need more translators and timers though. If you're interested please visit this link.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/bumsso/index.php?act=idx

I'm looking forward to this drama since the first time I saw the preview. And yeah KSE is so adorable! I love her new looks with bangs, she's so cute!

from Dramabeans :

Fine Windy Day off to successful start

20100202102909109.jpg

Today saw the premiere of a new KBS daily drama, Fine Windy Day, which started right off the bat with an impressive 22% rating (AGB Nielsen). Granted, daily dramas tend to get solid ratings because they have pretty loyal audiences, but that’s still quite a feat for a first broadcast. By comparison, its predecessor, Everybody Cha Cha Cha, may have ended in the 30% range but its first episode drew a 14.8%.

The drama centers around a 19-year-old young woman (Kim So-eun) who dreams of being a top illustrator. She falls into a love triangle between a prickly corporate design team leader (Jin Yi-han) and her caring, supportive oppa figure (Kang Eun-tak). The first episode had Kim’s character meeting Jin’s offbeat younger brother Min-guk. Btw, how funny is it that the brothers are named Dae-han and Min-guk? (Put together, the names mean Republic of Korea.)

The drama reportedly has an upbeat tone, although it’s hampered by its trite setup featuring a “Candy-esque” lead character (the poor, plucky manhwa heroine) who meets her rich, handsome Prince Charming. Still, familiar characters and plots are the purview of daily dramas, which continue to perform strongly in the absence of creative new storylines.

The drama also stars Seo Hyo-rim, Kang Ji-sub, Kim Mi-sook, and everybody’s favorite grandma Na Mun-hee.

Guest yeohweping

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/Enterta...iew.html?No=371

Kim Mi-sook Has Romance with Man 19 Years Her Junior in New Drama

[2010-02-01]

Actress Kim Mi-sook said she would play the character of a woman who falls in love with a man 19 years her junior in the new KBS 1TV drama “A Good Day for the Wind to Blow.” The first episode of the drama will be broadcast February 1.

371_997_l.jpg

At the press conference on January 27, Kim said, “I would like to focus on how people think positively about the love between older women and younger men instead of just the part of Lee Kang-hee. Actually, I can portray romance with a man up to 10 years older than me in a drama, but I am not sure how I will dare portray love between a couple with a 19 year age difference."

Kim said actor Lee Hyun-jin made it easier for her to play the role in the drama even though she feels pressure portraying the role due to the large age difference. According to her, before shooting a scene, Lee came to her and said, “You are my ideal type. I am your fan.”

Kim added, “I have portrayed a woman who is older than her lover several times now in dramas. I accepted the part of Lee Kang-hee owing to the encouragement of the director, but I am still a bit concerned. I would like people to understand the love between the couple in the drama despite the big age difference, and I will do my best to bring about that understanding."

In the drama, Kim will portray a woman who falls in love with her student while she struggles to get over her deceased husband.

http://english.kbs.co.kr/TVRadio/Behindthe...iew.html?No=370

New Daily Drama Begins Monday on KBS1

A new daily evening drama begins on February 1, replacing “Jolly Widow,” which ended on January 29 after enjoying significant popularity.

370_994_l.jpg

“Good Day” revolves around a girl named Kwon Oh-bok who achieves her dreams thanks to her unyielding spirit. It is written by Lee Deok-jae and directed by Lee Deok-geon. The two previously partnered to create the hit dramas “Likable or Not” and “Strange Woman, Strange Man.”

Kim So-eun, the rookie actress who rose to stardom in the 2009 mega hit “Boys Over Flowers,” will play the lead. Other cast members include young actors such as Jin Yi-han, Kang Ji-seop, Lee Seong-min, Lee Hyun-jin and Seo Hyo-rim as well as veteran actors such as Kim Mi-sook, Na Moon-hee, and Yoon Mi-ra.

370_995_l.jpg

In a production conference on February 27, director Lee Deok-geon said it is a typical evening family drama. “But unlike previous shows, which focused on conflict and reconciliation in a family in everyday life, I intend to put more emphasis on love and marriage,” he added.

When asked if he thinks that the lead character is too typical as she -- like many characters featured in other dramas -- is so optimistic and strong-willed that she never gives up hope, the director said, “The situation she is placed in is different. She is a 19-year-old girl who comes to take care of a big family as the eldest daughter-in-law. That will make difference for the character and the show as a whole.”

Yoon Mi-ra talked about her role as a wife of a low-ranking government worker and mother of three children who lives with her mother-in-law. “I will be especially concerned about my second son, who wants to get married to a woman 20 years his senior. That will make me play a ‘villain’ against my will,” she said.

Kim Mi-sook, who plays the woman with whom Yoon’s second son falls in love, said that she thinks it’s vital to make their romance convincing and pleasant. She added that she is happy to return to KBS for the first time in five years.

Aiming to give comfort and hope to people struggling to live in the face of harsh reality, “Good Day” airs from Monday through Friday at 8:25 p.m. on KBS1.

Guest celena8899

omgggggggggggg 22% ratings? that's like really really good for the first ep. i'm really surprised!

can't wait to watch the first subbed ep!

Guest mayadee666

Yay for the first rating! It's pretty a good start, way too good actually. Because as far as I know the previous show. Everbody cha cha cha's ratings was only gained about 14%. Whereas "Windy/TGDFWTB"'s first episode is 22%! That's pretty a good start. And it tends to have a constant ratings either and usually soars up gradually from one episode to the next one, because daily dramas are pretty popular amongst Korean Ajummas, so yeah... I think this show it's gonna be really popular. *crosses fingers*

And I can't wait to watch it with eng sub either. At this moment Bumsso fansub is currently translating the first episode. So wait until the link is up, you can either watch it from streaming site (youtube) or even download it. :)

Windy Fighting!

Big wallpaper from KBS site

x5ytxh.jpg

Guest green.teax

I'm watching the first ep right now =D

I'm kind of excited for this, since So Eun's in it, but I don't think I'll be able to follow 100+ eps of this. =S

I hope it'll be shorter..xD

Waiting for 2nd ep with Chinese subss =]]

EDIT:

Was watching it, and then realized the siblings names are

Dae Han

Min Guk

Man Se

and the chinese translations were 大韩明国万岁! Ahahs I love how they come up with these names =D

Guest russkelp

I am hoping this show will be better than the last few KBS daily shows.

What happened to all the ice they showed from the bridge. Once they fell into the water on their backs

into the river, the boat came and magically there was no ice to be seen at all. Really silly.

I'll be watching this for Kim So Eun and Seo Hyo Rim.

Guest lucky_moon

I watched the first 2 Eps and it's really interesting, I might continue watching it as long as I understand it otherwise I'll wait for KBSW, but so far I understand it.

Guest yeohweping

How Man Se got rid of Sang Jun's other girlfriends

20100204_1265220626_36720300_0.jpg

===============

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...020315202601911

[REVIEW] TV series "Good Day"

2010020315202601911_1.jpg

"Good Day" - Premiere episode, KBS TV (8:25 PM)

There is a consistent rule in a daily dramas, especially in ones produced by major broadcaster KBS. The rule starts off with the existence of a certain type of female lead character who is poor with no family -- or one who is better off not having one at all -- but has a cheerful and sturdy personality. The capable, hard-working man from a loving family who lives with his parents and grandparents, and the cool, rich guy who says he is not interested in becoming the heir to the family business are also must-have characters. The plot must not be too complicated or too realistic either as it is viewed by housewives on a daily basis. A business company is depicted as a place where character Yeon-shil (played by Na Young-hee), who owns the company and bosses her husband around, will utter "Please speed up the new product development and contribute to the sales growth of our company," to Dae-han (played by Jin Yi-han), a new team leader under the age of thirty. Romance is played out comedically, almost. The character Man-se (played by Seo Hyo-rim), who pretended to be innocent by saying "How can I go on a trip with a man, just the two of us?", puts a large bowl under her shirt and lies that she is pregnant to repel her enemy.

Of course, there is no need to place significant meaning to most of the incidents in the beginning of the drama as they are only set up as groundwork to the story to create future conflicts when the main characters decide to get married and everyone sharply opposes the marriage. The suicide attempt by Min-kook (played by Lee Hyun-jin), who tries to kill himself on a Han River bridge after getting dumped by his girlfriend, appears to be one of those incidents. While the comedic acting by several young actors is disappointing -- it is hard to tell whether the disappointment is due to the story or lack of good acting skills -- but actress Kim So-eun appears quite stable, in comparison, playing the main nothing-can-bring-me-down type character Oh-bok. One only wonders whether this drama, whose story began from ordinary set-ups, will progress and follow in the footsteps of other trashy family dramas. If it does not, it will undoubtedly be a truly refreshing development to the story.

Guest mayadee666

I watched the first 2 Eps and it's really interesting, I might continue watching it as long as I understand it otherwise I'll wait for KBSW, but so far I understand it.

would you mind to make some recaps then, dear cute girl? :P

----------------------------------

anyway, I have to admit that this daily drama is one of the typical housewives dramas. Poor and spunky lead girl, rich boy, love rectangle, etc etc. But I still love this kind of drama nonetheless. Because the storyline tends to be very lighthearted and less depressing. It's just a good start for warming up before you watch Chuno. ;)

Archived