[info] The 8th Annual Korea Times Music Festival 2010 (hb)

Guest khype

Guest joongieluv

For those who have been in the pool section before what area or seats do you think are the best?

Pool tickets are soo expensive but I guess since I'm already flying there and booking a hotel room I figured I should just go for it :D......plus a lot of people here seem to be switching to GB seats so those seem like they will be really hard to get this year.

If 2PM came that would be awesome! Shinee too.

Yup, it seems like garden is what most of us (including me D: ) are aiming for...i can already imagine how "fun" buying tickets will be...lol. And just like everyone else, i have a good feeling abt this year's bowl..i mean would they really bump up tix for a suck-y line-up? Has to be someone big...I'm hopin a lot of MALE idols come LOL but since '09 was the whole girl group craze... =/

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yamori-chan

Has anyone flown into California for HB from another state / country etc.? I'm from Hawaii and im seriously considering to have a weekend vacation there and attend HB. Any recommendations on hotels, transportation, schedules etc? I'd really like to see SNSD in person. x]

Thanks.

I was going to ask the same question. I'll surely come to that event .

By the way no announce yet on the performers?

Guest naomicoolperson

yeah! definitely!!! where are you from anyways? if you have an email of something well just email each other and stuff. :D :D

okay! its naomi_that_weird_kid@yahoo.com ^ ^

Guest shopaholicness

Question for those who have sat in the Pool Circle. How is the sound system? Is it really loud since you're closer to the speakers? I hope it's not too loud that it just becomes noise and vibrations. =\ I know being closer to the stars would be awesome, but I'd like to hear them sing as well. I'd hate to spend all that money and not be able to enjoy the music. haha

^ i sat in the second row of pool on the right side and the sound system wasnt painful at all. i dont recall it being too loud or painful at anytime during the concert. pool circle is def. worth the money. if only i had more this year...LOL

Guest kcruz_108

kcruz_108: Ordering online is hectic.

But they usually give you the seating chart and you click on seats from there to order. (I think, last year was too long ago to remember.)..but I'm almost sure that's how it went. Either that or they listed the seats and boxes.

& you only have 2 minutes max. to type in your information before it times you out and puts your seats back on sale. >_<

So I have two minutes to find the seat i want online even if i wanted a garden box for example? because if i bought a whole garden box would i still have to look for that seat number? is it better to call then?

So I have two minutes to find the seat i want online even if i wanted a garden box for example? because if i bought a whole garden box would i still have to look for that seat number? is it better to call then?

Once you find the tickets you want online and place them in your basket, you have two minutes to fill everything out and proceed with check out or else it will be put back on sale after the two minutes is up. I suggest people have the detailed seating chart on hand as a reference so you know which exact box you are buying or whatever section you are planning to get.

Guest YuffieK

Hi hello everyoneee~!

OMIGOSH, I am so excited/nervous for KMF this year!!

It will be my first time going, but I am NOOO stranger to concerts like this (aka, super stressy ticket sales gahh)

Even though I've gone through it many times... it always is scary!! xD

But either way, I am stoked!!

The line up BETTER be good, haha~

And I'm sure it will be, especially seeing as there was a huge influx of rookie idol groups this year.

Like, how many groups debuted?

Female: After School, 2NE1, 4Minute, f(x), Rainbow, T-ara, and then they deff did not debut within the past year, but Brown Eyed Girls barely got super popular, too

Then Male groups: B2ST, MBLAQ, F.cuz, ZE:A, CN.BLUE, and then G-Dragon and Taeyang had their solo debuts...

And then a ton of other kpop artists had successful comebacks this year, like 2PM, SNSD, SHINee, Super Junior, DBSK's Break Out just came out, SS501, Baek JiYoung, Son DamBi, IU, KARA...

and then Wonder Girls should come, especially since they're here already...

OMG, even if just 2 or 3 of those aforementioned groups come I'd be super excited :D :D

Ahh I want tickets sales to be super soon so we can just get it over with already, hahaha~

Guest findjunebug

Has anyone flown into California for HB from another state / country etc.? I'm from Hawaii and im seriously considering to have a weekend vacation there and attend HB. Any recommendations on hotels, transportation, schedules etc? I'd really like to see SNSD in person. x]

Thanks.

I come from out of state, sometimes I fly and sometimes I drive but I always stay at a hotel close to a Metro station.

Transportation:

(Metro is Los Angeles BUS system, there are different underground rail lines that connect through the Metro stations) You can get where you're going without having to worry about traffic or parking. There is a stop a couple blocks away from HB, one pretty close to the sponsoring hotels in the past, one within walking distance from Little Tokyo and there is one in the middle of Korea Town. Last time I was in L.A it was $5 for a metro day pass. I've only ever taken the metro with a group of people and it has its dangers just like any other city so just keep your wits about you. (I've personally never had a problem and I go to L.A a couple times a year) I wouldn't suggest being out alone at night that's when I've seen the most shady stuff, but with a group its fine.

Getting to and from the airport:

Taxi, be prepared it can get pretty $$$$ here is a site that calculates taxi fare. (it might be a little more or a little less)

Super Shuttle (or similar), while super shuttle seems cheaper then a taxi a simple 30min trip can turn into a 2hour trip. You share vans with other travels leaving the airport and drop them off along the way to your hotel. One thing I can say is you really get to see parts of the city you wouldn't see otherwise. (some good some bad).

Metro, never tried taking it from or to the airport but when I'm on the metro I do see others heading to and from the airport. This would be the cheapest option at around $9

Hotels:

There are some good hotels down the street from HB but can be $$$$. There are a couple in Korea Town, I've only ever stayed in the Ramada off of Wilshire & Western and it is a tad ghetto, it works for one night though. Then of course there is the sponsoring hotel or surrounding hotels that you may be able to catch a glimpse of your fav idol. And then like I said if your going to be using metro then look for hotels close to a metro station.

Anyways hope that was educational lol

-------------

Man I hope somehow tickets don't go on sale on a Saturday (Sunday please! Sunday would be awesome)....I'm still trying to figure out buying tickets instead of going to work.........

Guest crazyflame21

GUYS check this out yo twitter.com/koreatimes

"@koreatimes Ticket sales start on Saturday January 30th 10am PST!!! #KoreanMusicFestival"

Thanks for the information!

Now I have a week to get ready for hours of stress :D

Guest rice<3er

Once you find the tickets you want online and place them in your basket, you have two minutes to fill everything out and proceed with check out or else it will be put back on sale after the two minutes is up. I suggest people have the detailed seating chart on hand as a reference so you know which exact box you are buying or whatever section you are planning to get.

You say two minutes to "fill everything out". But what is "everything" exactly?

& why do you have to have a seating chart in front of you? Don't you just choose the seats before you begin the 2 minute checkout?

OH & for anyone that can enlighten me, for garden seats/boxes, do you HAVE to buy the 4 or 6 seater package? or can is there like a 1 or 2 seater option?

May 1st!? really!???? Dammnnnit. =/ TWas hoping like the weekend after. lol. hanks for sharing the information tho.

Ive been going every year but I dont know about this year. =(

Guest heavenlydreamy

GUYS check this out yo twitter.com/koreatimes

"@koreatimes Ticket sales start on Saturday January 30th 10am PST!!! #KoreanMusicFestival"

Thank You. By the end of this month..Okay I am ready..I hope.

Special Ed: Get READY!!!!!

Archived