Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest AC Crazy

Hi there!

I would like to ask where can I buy Japanese manga in English/Malay in Kuala Lumpur/Selangor, Malaysia? (other than at reputable book stores which are selling quite pricey around RM30/- per chapter)

What kind of comic shops would have more selections & cheaper?

Thanks a lot! :rolleyes:

Can anyone recommend me to some good mangas?

Things that I've read/currently reading that I LOVE:

- Pet Shop of Horrors <3333

- Elixir

- Half Prince <3333 Very funny :D

- Defense Devil

- Heart no Kuni no Alice

- Desire Climax

I like horror/mystery/comedy (just like pet shop of horrors :D)

but sometimes I get sucked into romance & shoujo

Guest Sungminnnie

Wondering if anyone could give me a few anime recommendations since Inuyasha is nearing its end and I don't know of any other animes that I'll grow to like. These are some that I've watched and liked.

Inuyasha

Fruits Basket

Sailor Moon

Love Hina

If you liked Bleach before it got really bad

then you'll like this manga called Psyren

the storyline is REALLY good and very mysterious and crazy upsets to the story that keeps you reading

and its still ongoing

the first few chapters, the drawings look kinda bad but it gets better fast

I would read this second to One Piece

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend me to some good mangas?

Things that I've read/currently reading that I LOVE:

- Pet Shop of Horrors <3333

- Elixir

- Half Prince <3333 Very funny :D

- Defense Devil

- Heart no Kuni no Alice

- Desire Climax

I like horror/mystery/comedy (just like pet shop of horrors :D)

but sometimes I get sucked into romance & shoujo

you should read diamond head. =) i like how the girl is strong minded compared to typical heroines. same author as after school nightmare

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/diamond_head/

Guest dorkyahrielefan

Um......does anyone know the manga where the younger brother likes his older sister. and take note the younger brother cross-dresses. To anyone who helped me, thank you in advance. :3

Best mangas as of right now (to me, that is)

- Dengeki Daisy

- Kimi ni Todoke (both the anime and manga are great)

If you haven't read them yet, it wouldn't be a waste of time to take a look =)

Totally agreed!! I'm not a manga-reader at all... I prefer anime =)

But Dengeki Daisy is one of the most original and interesting storylines I've read in a LONG time haha =P

The characters are so refreshingly different and the plot actually GOES somewhere ^^

LOVE IT! I definitely recommend it to all shoujo readers... it has romance but also a PLOT and mystery hehe*

The only thing that sucks is that I don't think it's ending anytime soon =( I prefer to read/watch finished stories and since this is relatively new.... it'll be awhile before it ends sigh*

Wondering if anyone could give me a few anime recommendations since Inuyasha is nearing its end and I don't know of any other animes that I'll grow to like. These are some that I've watched and liked.

Inuyasha

Fruits Basket

Sailor Moon

Love Hina

Here's a few that I hope you'll like =) The anime above are pretty generic in terms of plot and characters/romance, so maybe you'll like the following.

Cardcaptor Sakura - my favourite magical-girl genre anime. It's a CLASSIC in terms of "older" anime but the plot, storyline, romance, character development is one of the best out there to date and it's a must watch for everyone who likes romance and strong character development ^^ The magical-girl side is just a plot device haha

Full Moon wo Sagamini coopere - another anime with magic but different from CCS. A lot of character development as well and it's older but still worth a watch if you like romance and drama ^^

Blood+ - if you liked Inuyasha, you might want to try this one =) Blood+ has more mystery, thriller and darker aspects though. BUT! it also has better plot, characters and overall, the story is just handled better ^^ no fillers and an ENDING! (the thing i hated about Inuyasha was that there was no real "ending" haha =P that's why there's season 2 I guess...)

Ouran High School Host Club - People always recommend this one for FB lovers and I can see why ^^ hehe* It's more comedy and very random at times, but they also have their season eps for certain characters and I love seeing the interaction between the characters =) Romance is subtle and I wouldn't really say it's a dominant genre but the manga is ongoing sooo....!!

Itazura na Kiss - what I loved about this one is that it's... above everything else, a romance story about how a pair of characters start from being complete strangers to getting together and how their relationship grows lol there's plenty of comedy, randomness and fun so if you're into a subtle classic about two complete opposites liking each other, try it ^O^

--xoxo.

TM

Guest x SaRaNg HaE x

I don't usually read manga, but I've read:

High School Debut

Private Prince (one of the funniest shojos ever + extremely hot prince)

Bokura ga Ita

Absolute Boyfriend

Kimi ni Todoke

Full Moon wo Sagash1te

I LOVED these manga!!!

Any recommendations for shojo mangas with romance and comedy, good artwork, and hot guys? :3

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

But Dengeki Daisy is one of the most original and interesting storylines I've read in a LONG time haha =P

The characters are so refreshingly different and the plot actually GOES somewhere ^^

The only thing that sucks is that I don't think it's ending anytime soon =( I prefer to read/watch finished stories and since this is relatively new.... it'll be awhile before it ends sigh*

I agree. It's absolutely painful waiting for updates for 1 single chapter.

And Daisy is so fly ... one of the best protagonist, male love interest.

He's such a buttlicker at times but you can't hate him because he's just too adorable when he's mean.

Very Recomended!!

both by Nagamu Nanaji:

Parfait Tic ( Vol 1-22)

Koibana! Koseiyo Hanabi (ende at chap 47 can be downloaded untuil chap 11)

great manga!!! love story@ highscool life with unique and romantic plot

Parfait tic (pafechikku) is higly recomend!!

Guest Stolen_waters

I've just finished reading it (yes, it's complete), and omg I loved it.

WILD ONES/ARAKURE

by Fujiwara Kiyo

Read here

DL here

Summaries of chapters not scanlated:

Chapters 30-33

Chapters 34-38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of the funniest mangas I've ever read, and I love it too. :P

Chiyou yo Hana yo

by Yoshihara Yuki

It's smut though, so if you don't want smut, stay away. LOL

I'm trying to find out what this manga is called

It's a short manga with romance, shoujo and supernatural.

I think it's about some demon/shinigami who has white hair or something along the lines and meets a girl, who doesn't know of his real identity (i'm not too sure about this). And throughout the whole manga, the guy's like "give me a name and call me it" but the girl never does, only once when the girl thinks the guy is sleeping. The guy's name is like shiro or something (something along the colour white).

Anyways, thanks so much! :)

Guest tommylove<3

I have got to say Liar Game is actually really good. Must read it.

The art might turn you off in the beginning but trust me the plot is worth it. Personally I like

mangas that make you think so it's a five star for me. Although, you might have to read things over

to understand what's happening. There's a bit of an underlying romance too (:

Guest jasonishot

for shoujo manga:

~ Gakuen Alice (initially didn't want to read this as I thought it was for kids, but after reading several chapters, got hooked and find it to be the perfect blend of comedy, romance, action, friendship)

~ Bokura ga Ita (super emotional)

~ Fruits Basket

~ Boku no Hatsukoi wo Kimi ni Sasagu

~ Akuma De Sourou

~ Crimson Hero

~ Strobe Edge

~ Kimi ni Todoke

~ Hoshi wa Utau

~ Dengeki Daisy

and a good anime in general is Escaflowne~

Guest kyoko-mogami

here's my recommendations:

anime:

bleach

katekyo hitman reborn

d.gray man

naruto

full metal alchemist

peach girl

nhk ni youkoso

manga:

perfect girl evolution

karekano

special a

koukou debut

akuma de sourou

i dont really read manhwa..

I'm here to recommend "Claymore", I know this manga have already been recommended a million time but I can not help it, it just that awesome, I haven't engaged in reading action manga for a long time, don't miss it.

Never read the manga but I did see the anime a few weeks ago and have re-watched each episode. This anime is great from begining to end. It's rear to see a mostly all women cast as well.

Guest missteee

Is there any anime similar to Special A? Someone please recommend (:

I'm not trying to be picky, butbut, can they characters also be good-looking ? x)

Guest WeiJian

Besides the well known Naruto, Death Note and Bleach:

I recomend:

1) Fairy Tail (I rank it better than Bleach and as good as Naruto)

2) Psyren

3) Bakuman