Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

I've read that one, but dun remember the title name. :|

It was centred around muay thai right? I'll be on look out. xD

edit

found it! :D Sugar Addiction should be what you are looking for. :)

omg. thanks so much! haha. i thought it was too, but when i read the summary of sugar addiction, it just sounded odd. lol. thanks so much! :D

Guest Autumn1430263885

^argh i hated sugar addiction i only read it cause i heard good stuff about it...read it in one sitting too T^T

lol i've been really into those physiological/action kind of animes too.

if you like darker than black i'd reccemend jigoku shoujo...it has a dark theme and follows the same new storyline plot each couple episodes too, except the main character is a girl >_> ....and...maybe xxxholic? hmm sort of similar also.

and lolol when you say a cool main guy character like ryouma i instantly think of ciel from kurosh*tsuji :P

Oh i heard Higurashi no naku koro ni is really good i watched around 7 episodes so far only though~ it's pretty wacky and creepy LOL o_o

oh~ and maybe spiral kizuna no bonds or something liek that. i remember watching that before. it's mystery/supernatural/romance. it reminds me of death note with the reasoning

well...i kinda like those happy entertaining light reads.

those that i liked are off my head as below [in addition to naruto, bleach, vampire knight of coz.]

1. skip beat

2. hapi mari

3. the one

4. freezing

5. Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama!

6. Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume

7. kiss/ hug

8. the queens knight

9. Kyou Koi wo Hajimemasu

10. Koko ni Iru Yo

11. Faster than a Kiss

12. It's Not Like That, Darling

13. Ouran High School Host Club

14. love celeb

15. kaikan phrase

16. after school nightmare

17. stardust wink

18. midnite secretary

i dont really like d-clayman. i use to like it and followed all the way till the attack and hq and then it got a bit ridiculous and i drop it.

Guest hyeminnie

oh, can anyone recommend any other mangas/animes?

i've seen/read:

- ouran

- la corda

- special a

- desire climax

- private prince

- soul eater

- FMA

- yu yu hakusho

- rurouni kenshin

- death note

- tsubasa

- cardcaptors

- sailor moon

- vampire knight

- wallflower

- absolute boyfriend

- fruits basket

- koukou debut

- moe kare

- bride of the water god

- love monster

- conan

- dbz

- inuyasha

- liar game

- penguin revolution

- black butler

- xxxholic

- Venus Cappricio

and am watching a bit of clannad

please, nothing with ninjas (samurais okay :))

I have just finished watching Hakushaku to Yōsei yesterday and I really enjoyed it.

I've been looking for another anime to watch, but I haven't found one yet.

Can anyone recommend any good animes with nice art like Hakushaku to Yōsei?

I have already seen:

- Vampire Knight and Vampire Knight Guilty

- Ouran High Host Club

- Toradora!

- DN Angel

- Bokura ga Ita

- Special A

Guest Jooliyah

oh, can anyone recommend any other mangas/animes?

Black Bird

Dengeki Daisy

Hana ni Arashi

Hanatsuki Hime

Kamisama Hajimema$hita

Kimi ni Todoke

Kiss/Hug

Monkey High!

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Hello there again~

All are categorized as romance and are mangas =)

Guest NO NAME?

i'm lazy so i was wondering if anyone could recommend a manga that is less then 5 or 6 volumes...
B.ICHI (4 volumes)

Most normal humans only use 30% of their brains, but a group of people known as "Dokeshi" can use 50 to 60% of their brains, and thus have special abilities. These powers, however, come with a price: the Dokeshi must observe certain restrictions. Ignoring these rules can lead to the loss of something precious from within. In young Shotaro's case, he has to stick to doing a good deed every day! In the central town of Tokyo, he meets a girl named Mana, and together they go on a journey to find Shotaro's childhood friend Emine. Will Shotaro be able to do good daily or will he succumb to laziness on his journey?

I'm not sure if you'd like this manga series unless you're into the shounen genre. If you've ever read/watched Soul Eater and enjoyed it, then chances are that you're going to like this series. Plus, the story and art is by Atsushi Ohkubo, the same person behind Soul Eater :D

can someone please recommend me anime MOVIES or OVA's?

i feel like watching something during my spare time, but can't be bothered catching up with episodes...

thanks in advance. :)

Anything by Studio Ghibli.

I enjoyed watching Kakurenbo. Creepy, but good. The movie is quite short though, 25 minutes. I forgot to mention that the animation is superb!

Among the ruins of the city, there is a game only children can play. It is called “Otokoyo”; a game of hide-and-seek. But whenever children play this game, one by one they would disappear into the blinds of the buildings… The story begins when a boy enters the world of Otokoyo, to find his missing sister.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time / Toki wo Kakeru Shôjo

When 17-year-old Makoto Konno gains the ability to, quite literally, "leap" backwards through time, she immediately sets about improving her grades and preventing personal mishaps. However, she soon realises that changing the past isn't as simple as it seems, and eventually, will have to rely on her new powers to shape the future of herself and her friends.

I have yet to see the anime movie or any other media since it started with a novel and there are many adaptations. But I've read plenty of rave reviews on this film. The manga adaptation, I got to read. Can't say that I liked it much because the ending seems rushed?

Guest benchi101

Did anyone read the manhwas Sarasah and Pig Bride yet?

These are very good! =) They were serialized in the magazine called Yen Plus. (Sarasah is gone though)

Story from the official Yen Plus site:

Pig Bride- Lost in the mountains on a trip to summer camp, eight-year-old Si-Joon fears he’ll never make it out alive. When a strange girl in a pig mask appears before him, he follows her to a house deep in the woods, where he is told that he must marry the pig-faced girl to atone for the sins of their ancestors. Si-Joon’s not too keen on getting married, but that wedding feast looks so delicious! It’s only afterward that he realizes what he’s done and…wakes up. Now in high school, Si-Joon Lee has been dreaming about the pig bride for as long as he can remember. But it’s all just a dream, right?

Sarasah- High schooler Ji-Hae is desperately in love with her classmate Seung-Hyu. She has done all she can think of to win his affection, but to no avail. When her latest scheme crosses the line, Seung-Hyu decides he’s had enough…and inadvertently pushes her down a staircase! Ji-Hae awakens in the world beyond, only to learn that it’s not her time to die. But why go back when the love of her life hates her to death? Touched by her passion, the keepers send Ji-Hae to her past life to mend the rift between her former self and Seung-Hyu. But can Ji-Hae keep up the act long enough to find Seung-Hyu and set things right?

Yen Plus Magazines are a very good source of manga feeds if you're up for something new.

It provides shojo, mystery, action, horror, you name it. All in one.

The magazines are only available in USA and Canada only.

Go visit yenpress.us for more information.

I also recommend Kimi Ni Todoke. It's about a really shy girl who's often mistaken for Sadako, a famous horror movie character, because of her long silky hair. Her life changes when she becomes friends with the most populest guy in her school.

If you want something really REALLY freaky, go read or watch Higurashi, When They Cry.

It's very violent and creepy. About a guy who's curious about the new city he moved in, which seems to be a demon-cursed city.

For something light and romance, go read Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu and Kaichou wa Maid-sama. They'll make you laugh for sure. xD

And I would also HIGHLY recommend Kieli. There's a 2 vol manga version and novels for it.

It's basically about a 14 year old girl who can see ghosts. Here she experiences a world with the Undyings and adventure.

This is a twisted, but at the same time, a soft story. I don't know about you, but it made me smile in the end of the mangas.

I'm currently trying to go grab my own Kieli novel.

And by the way, has anybody read 13th Boy the manhwa? Looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it's good.

And has anyone watch this anime called 07 Ghost? Please tell me if they're good or not. Thanks.

Can someone please recommend me a manga or anime that is set in high school. I want something cliche, so good girl falling for the bad boy or something like that. Something happy and romantic haha.

Thank you!

Guest NO NAME?

Can someone please recommend me a manga or anime that is set in high school. I want something cliche, so good girl falling for the bad boy or something like that. Something happy and romantic haha.

Thank you!

ofshhv.jpg

Author: Kazune Kawahara

When Haruna Nagashima was in junior high her life consisted of playing softball and reading comics. But now that she's going to high school, Haruna decides to put all of her energy towards getting a boyfriend and having the high school romance of a lifetime. To help in her quest, she enlists cute upperclassman Yoh Komiyama to coach her as she eschews her jock tendencies and turns herself into the kind of girl who can catch a guy. Yoh agrees, with one catch: Haruna had better not fall for him! -Shojo Beat

I try to avoid shojo manga of that sort, but I enjoyed reading High School Debut / Koukou Debut. I got hooked after reading one volume. Definitely worth checking out. Seeing the covers got me interested in this manga series. Yoh ♥

Guest Stolen_waters

I've just finished reading vol. 5 chap. 30 of Mei-chan no Sh!tsuji. For me, it's good. The plot's pretty shallow, but it's a fun read, and if anyone knows where I can read the next chapters, pm me! LOL. Seriously, the manga already has 10 volumes, but the scanlations are only up to vol. 5.

If you had fun reading Love Monster, then you must read this too. ^^

btw, the system edited the title of the manga 'cause it had the word "SH I T". LOL

Mei-chan no mini coopersuji.

Guest NO NAME?

can anyone recommend me an anime thats similar to death note.

please&thankyou.

qyfs5u.jpg

Monster

74 episodes (completed)

Kenzou Tenma, a Japanese brain surgeon in Germany, had it all: incredible skill at his work, a rich and beautiful fiancee, and a promising career at his hospital. However, after becoming disenchanted by hospital politics, he chose to save the life of a young boy who got shot in the head over the life of the mayor. As a result he lost the support of the hospital director, as well as his position in the hospital and his fiance. A short time later, the hospital director and the doctors that replaced him were murdered, and once again he was catapulted back onto the top. But as the chief suspect of the murders, Tenma did not get a easy life. As a matter of fact, it seems that the boy he saved was much more than he had appeared to be... Now to clear his name and to correct his past mistake, Tenma must get to the bottom of these and other murders, and investigate the truth of the Monster who is behind all of this. -ANN

But in terms of similarity with the manga, I highly recommended that you check out Liar Game.

1yv02c.jpg

Liar Game

8 volumes / 85 chapters (ongoing)

At the sight of greed, your average human being always chooses money over integrity; however, such a thing is impossible for the Nao Kanzaki, who is about the most honest person you can find. But when she accidentally joined "The Liar Game", her honesty has proved to be a deadly poison. In a game where every player has to either trick their opponents and get gain a large prize, or be burdened with a equally large debt, the honest Nao Kanzaki has no choice but to get help from Shinichi Akiyama, who is a genius con artist that conned a multi billionaire company. With the help of Akiyama, Nao Kanzaki now participates in the dangerous world of the "The Liar Game" -ANN

You will get hooked that you just might lose track of time. It happened to me. Haha. It always keeps you wondering what will happen next.

Guest infinite*

Hello! I'm trying to get into manga's so I would like some recommendations.

Can someone please recommend me something that's been out recently, not too recent that it only has less than ten chapters. From 2007+ at least. With hot guys! HAHA! <3 Romance, comedy and action? High school? Something so good that I'll actually buy a copy!

I'm picky, I'm sorry! Thank you in advanced!

Guest Loveliet

can someone recommend a good romance anime or manga that has a nice plot and story line with either drama or humor. nothing too perverted.

and also an anime like ouran high, fruits basket, and gakuen alice.

i hate to judge an anime/manga buy the artwork but i just cant seem to sit through it with unattractive characters.

i read Hana Yori Dango though because the artwork got better.