Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

can someone recommend a good romance anime or manga that has a nice plot and story line with either drama or humor. nothing too perverted.

and also an anime like ouran high, fruits basket, and gakuen alice.

i hate to judge an anime/manga buy the artwork but i just cant seem to sit through it with unattractive characters.

i read Hana Yori Dango though because the artwork got better.

Hehe, I for one, admit that I dont read mangas with unattractive artworks although of course I have some exceptions. Anyways here are some mangas I recommend to read

Oresama Teacher - It was really really funny. It's about a delinquent girl who wanted to change her highchool life into a girly and romantic one but troubles and fights just seem to be magnets to her :lol: I never had a good laugh in awhile and I thought this was just superb........ however, I`m beginning to have second thoughts now with how things are going now... but hey! that shouldn't stop you from reading this manga :)

Akuma To Love Song - hmm.. very nice and unique plotline. It's about a girl who got kicked out from an elite school and got transferred to an ordinary one. She`s pretty well known with her sharp tongue. This is not your everyday shoujo manga since the man girl is very independent, tough and mirrors everyone's actions. One of my favourite mangas! Definitely must read!

Ultimate Venus - a story about the heiress and the butler. Pretty cliche but I like it! :D This is actually licensed and I`m not sure if they release stuff online

The Bride of the Water God - my favourite manhwa ever! Best plotline with best artwork! what more can you ask? :lol: the story is about water god's wrath who was calmed down by a village girl.

Guest BlameItOnMe

i recommend;

Drangonball z (remember the times (; /)

Kirarin's Revolution

Tokyo Mew Mew

Sailormoon

Magic Knights Rayearth

Her majesty's dog (managa, there is no anime)

Kamichama Karin (this is one of my all time faves)

Kamikaze kaitou Jeanne.

enjoy. post some for me to see.(:

Guest cantthinkofaname

anime recommendation:

-bleach

-fushigi yuugi

-ayashi no ceres

-prince of tennis

-samurai deeper kyo

-rurouni kenshin

-magic knight rayearth

-eyeshield 21

-initial D

-vampire knights

-generator gawl

-ouran host club

-fruits basket

manga recommendation:

-bleach

-fushigi yuugi genbu kaiden

-absolute boyfriend

-ouran host club

-fruits basket

-vampire knights

and i don't know what manhwa is so..yeah :)

Guest Jooliyah

Hello! I'm trying to get into manga's so I would like some recommendations.

Can someone please recommend me something that's been out recently, not too recent that it only has less than ten chapters. From 2007+ at least. With hot guys! HAHA! <3 Romance, comedy and action? High school? Something so good that I'll actually buy a copy!

I'm picky, I'm sorry! Thank you in advanced!

Dengeki Daisy

Hana to Akuma - not in high school, but hot demons, hehe.

Kamisama Hajimema$hita - genre also includes supernatural.

Kimi ni Todoke

There aren't many I can think of that are recent with at least ten chapters, but ^ are good =)

can someone recommend a good romance anime or manga that has a nice plot and story line with either drama or humor. nothing too perverted.

and also an anime like ouran high, fruits basket, and gakuen alice.

i hate to judge an anime/manga buy the artwork but i just cant seem to sit through it with unattractive characters.

i read Hana Yori Dango though because the artwork got better.

100% Perfect Girl - if you want mass loads of drama

Ai Hime ~ Ai to Himegoto

Bride of the Water God

Hakushaku to Yousei - same anime artist as Ouran =]

Hanatsuki Hime

Hapi Mari

Kingyo Sou

Shinobi Life

All of them I recommend as manga except HakuYousei x3

Guest 24kocylinder

I highly recommend Setona Mizushiro's works to everybody. She's a really good storywriter.

Try X-Day first. It's a quick one-shot...

My favourite thus far is After School Nightmare, it's about a boy with the upper body of a male but a female lower body. It is set in a high school, and it includes many high-school student characters who are trying to cope with the psychological part of "growing up." A good read. <: genre-wise, psychological, shoujo and gender-blender.

Guest hyeminnie

Black Bird

Dengeki Daisy

Hana ni Arashi

Hanatsuki Hime

Kamisama Hajimema$hita

Kimi ni Todoke

Kiss/Hug

Monkey High!

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Hello there again~

All are categorized as romance and are mangas =)

Haha, hello again, and thank you :)

I think I started reading Black Bird a while ago, but I couldn't find the rest anywhere :(

But I LOVE Daisy! I'm hoping for an update soon.

Guest goldenGAZE

I was reading though this thread and i thought i'd post up some of my favourite shoujo manga's.

Strobe Edge

Chocolate Cosmos

Say 'i love you'

Sprout Love this one.

Bara no tame ni: Also love this one, the lead is a fat girl, how often do you see that!

Addicted to you

Hoshi wa utau

Kiss and never cry.

Kimi ga suki

Kingyo sou: Girl falls in love with a blind guy. Really heart warming story although the artwork isn't amazing (not bad though ^^).

Billion girl

Honey Hunt lots of hot guys haha.

Hadashi de Bara wo Fume

My favorite manga at the moment is Koizora, i'm a sucker for tragic romance. I know lots of people can't stand it though. Kamisama Hajimema$hita is also a good read (beautiful artwork). Sorry if most of these have already been recommended.

my recommendations! (these don't include the ones i've already recommended. it's my more recent readings) i read a huge variety so hopefully you should find one that you may like :]. i think i tend to read more of the less well known ones now b/c i've read most of the popular ones haha.

psychological manga:

monster COMPLETE. someone already posted the summary of it on this page, so i'm not going to bother and reiterate it. but it is an excellent read. the plot goes on and on without any fillers and the author manages to keep the suspense all the way to the end. i think the suspense level could be compared to death note and also the moral question of what it means to be a doctor, are lives considered equal or unequal etc. but i thought it did a better job in giving a more wholesome picture of the bad guy compared to light yagami who was in a sense, somewhat insane.. i don't remember flinching at any of the scenes so i wouldn't call it disturbing like jisatsu circle

adventure/action manga

witch hunter INCOMPLETE. haha aside from my usual favorite gakuen alice this is def. my latest favorite. :]. there are selected women in the world who has magical powers. they are called witches. and there are people with the power to combat the witches who are called witch hunters. the main character tasha godspell is a witch hunter with the nickname "magic marksman." while it is his job to hunt witches, he cannot bring himself to hate them..

i thought the beginning started weird.. i mean hello a pumpkin called halloween? but it got really addicting. the art is really neat & cool (i really like it when tasha is attacking. i've read it 2-3 times alone just to oogle at the art) it's recently been reminding me of fate/stay night so if you like a manga/anime like that, this is probably for you.

letter bee/tegami bachi INCOMPLETE. i think this manga is completely underrated! i'm not sure if "adventure" is the best way to describe this. it probably also fits under the description "slice of life" as well. it's about a boy named Lag, whose goal is to become a tegamibachi- a "letter bee", or someone whose purpose is to deliver important mail (basically it contains "hearts" of the people who wrote it) When he was quite young, he was befriended by one of the letter bee, gauche and he was so down upon his luck and so grateful for the attention and help that he wanted to do the same when he got older. Years later, Lag becomes a letter bee and learns that Gauche has one day disappeared during his delivery, Lag decides to look for him..

i don't cry easily, but this manga nearly brought me to tears in certain scenes. it's very heart warming as Lag goes through the journey delivering letters for people but at the same time, has its share of comedy. i think the manga's focus is more on relationship with either strangers and friends rather than romance. but nevertheless, a cute, cute story.

heartfelt/slice of life (and shorter stories)

DOLL: IC in a doll COMPLETE mm im not sure why the title is so funky. it's about these haunting tales of human-like androids, called Dolls, range from romantic to tragic, from comic to ironic, and everything in between. In these stories, dolls have an uncanny way of working themselves into the lives of their masters: A woman develops an unusual closeness to doll that will affect her human family from beyond the grave...A man wants to make his doll into the perfect human lover, but discovers that humans are not perfect...A father buys his son a doll to help him get over the death of his mother. Doll provides a firsthand glimpse into the psychology of the human-doll relationship and examines the question of what it means to be truly human.

it's really short. like 2 chapters or something? and each of them are technically separated only to be tied with the fact that they have a doll. it reminded me of artificial intelligence (the movie)

beautiful people COMPLETE if you liked DOLL:IC in a doll you'll probably enjoy this one. it's by the same author, a collection of heartwarming stories. It includes a tale of a vampire who raises a child as her own, a story of a young man who copes with an alcoholic father amongst other problems with the help of an online friend and four others short stories.

that's all i can think of right now. have fun reading <3.

Guest DarkAngelInLove

okay, i'm having a really hard time finding a good new anime series.

shojo is hard to watch because (i'm sorry to offend anyone) twilight destroy love story lines for me

anything with good action and storyline will keep me happy. storyline is important.

and if it's a comedy that's a plus!

Guest sweetgirl_121

My manga recommendation:

- Ludwig Kakumei Highly recommended (shoujo)

- Hiiro no Isu (shoujo)

-Ningyou Kyuutei Gakudan (shoujo)

-Orange Yane no Chiisana Ie (Seinen)

-Otomegatari (Seinen)

-Shibariya Komachi (shoujo)

okay, i'm having a really hard time finding a good new anime series.

shojo is hard to watch because (i'm sorry to offend anyone) twilight destroy love story lines for me

anything with good action and storyline will keep me happy. storyline is important.

and if it's a comedy that's a plus!

I recommend to you the anime Kimi ni Todoke. It's a very shoujo anime true, but it is nowhere like Twilight. It's a traditional highschool shoujo. Although it is very unique so it's a very enjoyable storyline. Just watch the first episode and see if you like it. =) But seriously, not like Twilight. (It has funny parts as well!)

I also recommend Yankee-kun and Megane-chan. It's a manga though and the focus is not romance, although it is there. But it is the most hilarious manga series I've ever seen, so I think you would really like it~

Anyways, I hope you take and enjoy my suggestions! Enjoy!

Hi guys!

I was hoping someone can recommend me some good shoujo manga because I am a new manga reader compared to most of you xD

Umm ... I'm looking for the following:

~ fairly new, 2006 +

~ romance, [heavy] comedy, & drama

~ must have good art.. I hate reading mangas with sucky art haha

~ length doesn't matter, but hopefully it's one of those i can get through evil empire

~ NO one shots PLEASE

~ hmmm... and something that's just really highly recommended

I've read these already:

~ Hana Kimi

~ Fruits Basket

~ D.N Angel

~ Vampire Knight

~ Special A

~ Crimson Hero

Ones that I've read but do not like:

~ Mamotte! Lollipop

~ Kitchen Princess

~ Love Com

~ Monkey High

~ Peak Girls

~ Pita Ten

~ Skip-beat!

~ Hana Yori Dango

OH yeah I've heard that this one manga that has the word "Moon" in it is really good, but I don't know the exact name. But do you guys recommend it if you know what I'm talking about >.<;; lol

Thanks guys!!!

^

Could it have been Full Moon (or Full Moon Wo Sagamini coopere)

I've read it. It's good~ lots of drama, romance, and there is comedy. I think you would like it.

I'm sure you didn't mean Sailor Moon right? XD

Another possible manga with the word moon is Cresent Moon although I've never read it.

^

Well if you want lots of comedy with a side of romance I recommend Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.

It is HILARIOUS and there is romance. I'm not sure if it has drama, but their certainly is a plot line which I think is a good one. It's not shoujo though, but the art I think is nice. Once again, it's very very funny. =)

Check it out~

And yes, the evilempire has it! :)

@ cutiek028

You've mentioned Yankee-kun and Megane-chan a lot && I totally agree with you!

Its hilarious and the characters are so lovable

But I just finished reading all of the updated chapters and I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend something similar or equally funny as Yankee-kun and Megane-chan.

Thanks in advance~