Anime/Manga/Manhwa recommendations thread

Admin

Guest tisa-chan

i've been out of the anime scene for a while but lately, i've been feeling like starting up again.

can someone recommend me something that has action, comedy and a good romantic story line? i don't really care bout fillers but i would like it to be completed and maybe not too long. maximum length that i want is bout 200 episodes and anything below that is fine.

Anime i've already watched:

Death Note

Bleach

Naruto

Ouron Highschool Host Club

D-Gray Man

Code Geass

Special A

Case Closed (Detective Conan)

Prince of Tennis

Love Complex

Fruits Basket

DN Angel

Vampire Knight/Vampire Knight Guilty

Air Gear

Nodame Cantabile

Full Metal Alchemist

Tantei Gakuen Q

Rurouni Kenshin

La Corda_______ (can't remember the rest of the name cause it's been a long time but it has something to do with musical instruments and a magic violin)

Anything that might be similar to them should be fine~~

What about Searching for Full Moon and Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Pretear, Legend of Basara, Kimi ni Todoke and perhaps Otogizoushi (not a lot of romance her but i thought they were destined for each other)

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

This may just be me, but Yankee-kun to Megane-chan manga is hilarious. I find times where I'm slapping the table in laughter. The humor and language of it all, maybe its the scanalation translation, but I cry with laughter. I don't know why I haven't heard of it until the "eh-okay" live action came out.

I totally recommend it. For the first time, I like a manga that lacks romance.

Guest Myuze

If anyone is looking for a great anime to watch, I suggest 'Angel Beats!'. It's easily one of the best I've seen in a long while. I can't describe it without spoiling too much, but if there's any anime I could compare it to, it would be Haruhi. It's quite lighthearted and wacky on the surface, but it ends up being a wonderfully deep and serious storyline.

Guest theoneandonly

i'm wondering if you guys can help me identify a manga that i've read before but i can't seem to remember the title (i want to reread it -__-;;)

the main character is a girl, who in the beginning of the series is really tomboyish. she becomes friends with two boys (typical,right?) one who is more outgoing and the other who is the quiet type but thoughtful. she ends up going out with the quiet one though she has lingering feelings with the other guy. i know this sounds like every other shoujo manga but if it helps the thing that i remember the most about it was that it was centered around art. in the end of the series she picks these flowers to dye fabric for her final project. and one of the guys gives her a bracelet he made that's supposed to look like sakura petals. thanks!

Guest ECSTATIC LOVE

Hello :D can someone recommend me some anime with the same sense of humor as Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host Club?

Those two series were so endearing and they actually made me laugh REALLY hard most of the time

I think I teared up like 3 or 4 times watching Fruits Basket because every episode was so freekin touching. Especially Momiji's story :')

Well yeahs, thanks in advance!

Guest chopper!

here are some of my recommendations.

i love manga/anime with huge huge amounts of COMEDY, cuteness/light heartedness, a slice of life, friendship (only amongst guys tho lols!) and a bit of action/sports. yup, i'm uber picky keke!

honey and clover

ookiku furikabutte

prince of tennis

nana (well not really light hearted, but i do love the plot keke)

school rumble

yankee-kun to megane-chan

one piece (<3)

kaliedo star

dear

& if i were to recommend a sad manga, it would def be Deep Love (all of it. the dog, ayu, etc~)it has adult themes, and its very tragic. but if anyone wants a good cry, this is it.

@ECSTATIC LOVE

mmm, how about gakuen alice? it's pretty cute, tho i stopped watching after a few ep x)

and love hina~ i liked this one^^

Guest chika_shia

^

^ Hmm, you could probably try either Lovely Complex, Special A, La corda doro, Yamato Nadeshiko Henge, or gakuen alice. (I bolded the ones I really liked.)

But if you're looking for just pure slapstick humor, you should try Gintama! I guarantee you will laugh in every episode! The first few episodes are just so so, but the later episodes are downright hilarious. Give it a try if you will.

So, just wondering, but does anyone else watch B Gata H Kei? :sweatingbullets:

Omg it's soooooo funny!! I usually don't go for ecchi anime, but this anime is so good! The two main leads are so naive that it gives the anime an air of innocence even though the circumstances are supposed to be suggestive. It doesn't have the random panty shots like most ecchi anime. Actually, most of the pervy shots are covered up in a humorous way. I'm a girl and my cousin thinks i'm weird for watching it. It's actually my favorite anime this season. :ph34r::phew:

edit - Topped another page. ;)

Guest exjoolie

could anyone recommend me some cute comedy animes? not necessarily a romantic comedy cus i don't really like it when its centered all on romance. anything that's funny and random but still has a plot/storyline. no matter the plot or storyline, as long as its funny & light hearted ~ haha xD AH! & nothing historical era please~ ^^;; (hehe, i'm super picky x])

for ex, hmm..

one piece

ookiku furikabutte

b gata h kei

school rumble

prince of tennis

bobobobobobobo

cheeky angel

thnks (:

I'm a fan of Korean manhwa especially with the ones with beautiful arts. Here's a list of my manhwas I've read and would like to recommend: * = highly recommended/favorite

****Mana <-- favorite manhwa of all favorite o.o

*Bride of The Water God <--- one of my favorite, beautiful art, great plot!

Railroad

Goong

H2O

*Model

*You're so cool <-- great read, very original

*Sugar Addiction <-- sweet story, great plot/art, for shojou fans

100% Perfect Girl

*Beautiful Fascination is Better Than Love <-- meaningful but rather confusing, beautiful art. Highly recommended if you're into Josei...

Flowers of Evil <--- strange plot but the art totally make up for it.

Dear Waltz

*Hissing <--- Great read!

*Promise

Replay

The Boy From The Moon

---Edit

I'm open for any manhwa recommendation.

Guest -K-Jae

I'm a fan of Korean manhwa especially with the ones with beautiful arts. Here's a list of my manhwas I've read and would like to recommend: * = highly recommended/favorite

****Mana <-- favorite manhwa of all favorite o.o

*Bride of The Water God <--- one of my favorite, beautiful art, great plot!

Goong

H2O

*Model

*You're so cool <-- great read, very original

*Sugar Addiction <-- sweet story, great plot/art, for shojou fans

100% Perfect Girl

*Beautiful Fascination is Better Than Love <-- meaningful but rather confusing, beautiful art. Highly recommended if you're into Josei...

Flowers of Evil <--- strange plot but the art totally make up for it.

Dear Waltz

*Hissing <--- Great read!

*Promise

Replay

The Boy From The Moon

Where do you read your manhwa at? Or do you read it off a site?

I've been getting to manhwa and find them having much better plots and better graphics or drawings. Specifically martial arts ones, like The Breaker, Veritas, and NOW.

It's really hard to find a site with manhwa =/

^I used to read all of those manhwa on mangafox or animea. Apparently, some of the manhwa I've listed above has been taken off due to license restriction. There are tons of martial art manhwa out there. What you should do is go on mangafox click on option in manga directory, then filter "Korean Manhwa" and there will be a selective of manhwa for you.

Guest ECSTATIC LOVE

Thanks alot for the recommendations! :D:D:D Gakuen Alice is winnnnn

Does anyone know if Angel Beats is any good?

or Arakawa Under the Bridge?

Arakawa looks offbeat and quirky and the opening totally caught my attention

but not alot of people are watching it so I dunnnoooo

Guest NO NAME?

Definite yes for Arakawa Under the Bridge. It's so ridiculous yet entertaining. The anime series is actually about to end soon. The 12th episode aired not too long ago. Go watch it...

↓ Here's the thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=336536

Guest aymei

Thanks alot for the recommendations! :D:D:D Gakuen Alice is winnnnn

Does anyone know if Angel Beats is any good?

or Arakawa Under the Bridge?

Arakawa looks offbeat and quirky and the opening totally caught my attention

but not alot of people are watching it so I dunnnoooo

I would definitely recommend Angel Beats, it's a good anime, comedy, romance?, slice of life etc. :)

Guest cinjin

Anybody read/heard of Solanin? I highly recommend it! This manga is so underrated.

It's already completed on onemagna http://www.onemanga.com/Solanin/