[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

Who else is going into a slight mourning when these episodes are done?

I'm already sad.

@ kelela

ME too! :(

Will miss the Min Jae-Shin Young interactions BIGTIME!

Lucky for us, the next one replacing it - Personal Taste (Lee Min Ho, Soh Ye Jin) - looks lightheartedly enjoyable to help somewhat (we hope), with those withdrawals. At least it will provide some distraction.

The first thing I do for the last few weeks or so upon waking is to check this thread for any thing and everything, so there's been a lot of " omg, I'm late but AGH! must watch/check for things" dancing that I've been doing lately. hurhur...I'm gonna miss this.

Hahahah dreamgazer1985 ... sounds really familiar.

I have been going through impossible gymnastics juggling this and that or being late, or doing crazy logistics with my schedules ... just to make sure I can catch the latest wkly episode uploads asap, the past 3-4 wks -- ie once I got seriously addicted.

The moping has also already started for me. Have been doing re-watches since Friday.

Going to miss this drama, and our favorite couple a lot. :mellow:

Min Jae = loud and assertive? He is quite controlled, which is a good thing - too many Kdrama heros yell far too much, or seem to have major anger-management issues.

Yet he is very firm and in charge assertive without yelling. You know when he gets real serious, and wants SY to know how much he really cares, he's gets really firm about it.

eg: the "Lee SY ... listen up. I really like you a lot" in ep 7,

or ep 8 - candle scene when he goes "listen Lee Shin Young ...."

Even when he is mad .. like ep 10 when he was agitatedly asking SY why SW was there at her office after stroming off with her ... MJ was so in control with his reactions to her.

I like how he does NOT yank her around, like some K-heros when emotional, do. B)

What I also like is how his voice intonation changes to tender and softer when he gets choked up (ditto SY).

for eg:

MJ (ep 9) - when he asks "don't you see me as a man?"

SY (ep 10) - when MJ emotionally tells her he loves her. SY's "see you later" reply was so tenderly gentle.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was emailing one of my friends this morning I will be a depressed bad mama on after this drama is over. This happen when BOF was over. I kept checking Soompi to see what is new - I guess I will have to stock my "goodies" cabinet with junk food because I know I will be depressed.

Can I ask what are you also watching beside this drama? I have been surfing and checking out a couple but I am still not sure. I was looking at ob/gyn but the only reason I have not been really hook on this drama is the blood and gore that they show.

Only two more days of waiting ....

Guest JakiHime

I'm trying to download Ep. 14 (CEO),

http://www.megaupload.com/?f=E3A0ASC7

But for some reason part 12 is not working well. Each part is Downloading fast, like within 5 minutes, but this part keeps saying like 10 hours!!!

Is there someway to re-upload that part so I can get it. I can't join them together without it, and I'm dying to watch it!!

Thanks!

Who else is going into a slight mourning when these episodes are done?

I'm already sad.

I m having the same sentiment, the withdrawal syndrome! what's going to happen to my wed and thur now? I m going to miss that Im waiting patiently for the spoilers and link to download. Wed and Thur are not gonna be the same again for me after this week, ummmm don’t wanna get mushy right now I will enjoy the sweetness and freshness of the drama don’t want to think about the ending as of this moment.. About MJ all I can say about him is he is super suave he operates things so smooth and sexy in a very subtle way that’s one of the many reason I got hooked.. One more thing I love MJ every time he drags SY I lost count how many time he dragged SY, I can’t blame SY if she just always followed the flow if someone like MJ would drag me owww heck I don’t care if we are going to hell I’ll follow him all the way.. The MJ character really suited him I can’t imagine anybody playing the MJ character. Kim Bum acting went up to the next level. Same as the SY character so cute and adorable she doesn’t do things too exaggerated. They have this strong chemistry and strong connection that only the viewers can appreciate despite the age difference they simply complement each other they make up the differences of each other. The only sad part about this drama is the rating..

Guest dori dori

So I started this drama last week, I watched 12 episodes in 3 days. I LOVE THIS DRAMA.

it's so sex and the city korean style! ahhh is it only 16 ep longg??

Guest kelela

OK, so while I am sad that both Pasta and Still, Marry Me are ending, I am excited about Personal Taste, Birth of the Rich and a classic project WITHS2 is doing. That being said, I will be doing a marathon of these episodes every weekend. OK, not every weekend, but I'm going to miss the girls. I loved them every step of the way and I loved seeing an honest, new, mature relationship with Min Jae and Shin Young.

Guest happynnice

So I started this drama last week, I watched 12 episodes in 3 days. I LOVE THIS DRAMA.

it's so sex and the city korean style! ahhh is it only 16 ep longg??

O my goodness! You stretched it out for 3 days?!?

I admire your self-restraint. I mean that. :)

I LOVE this drama, too! I expected to enjoy this drama but not this much! What memorable/hilarious scenes and characters... Buki should get a spin-off series. ^_^

Guest Sassy_g

as the ending approaches, im feeling more and more anxious about the outcome of MJ/SY's relationship. my heart will definately break if those 2 dont end up together. married or not, i just want them to be happy. i just hope we dont get happy moments, and then the last 10 mins, SY realizes that she cant have a future with MJ and then they break up. that would be just too sad to take in.

Guest purpleZ

@dreamgazer1985, jusash, kaciemom, kelela

The first thing I do for the last few weeks or so upon waking is to check this thread for any thing and everything, so there's been a lot of " omg, I'm late but AGH! must watch/check for things" dancing that I've been doing lately. hurhur...I'm gonna miss this.

I know I will be depressed, moreover at work :( The ending better be happy one to make me less affected. I think for the first few weeks, I can see myself checking on this thread, contribute, making clips and artworks, look for BTS clips and search the Korean search engines with Kim Bum + Park Jin Hee! I will miss MinYoung couple BIG BIG time! :tears:

@ kelela

Lucky for us, the next one replacing it - Personal Taste (Lee Min Ho, Soh Ye Jin) - looks lightheartedly enjoyable to help somewhat (we hope), with those withdrawals. At least it will provide some distraction.

I don't think I'll be watching Personal Taste (but who knows?) or any other shows for a moment. Even if I'm going to watch a drama, I will wait till it's finished airing. This is my first drama I watch while it's still airing, without subs. And I'm kind of the type to watch drama when my favorite actors star in it. In this case, I watched this because I like PJH and because I thought her pairing with KB sounds really interesting. I liked Lee Min-ho in BOF, but after I finished watching it he's gone from my mind. Keke. I have a mixed feeling about PT, since it's replacing this show, since it'll compete against Chuno too (right?). If it's scoring better ratings, I will feel bad for KB :( I'm sure that he'll be supportive to LMH.

The moping has also already started for me. Have been doing re-watches since Friday.

Going to miss this drama, and our favorite couple a lot. :mellow:

Min Jae = loud and assertive? He is quite controlled, which is a good thing - too many Kdrama heros yell far too much, or seem to have major anger-management issues.

Yet he is very firm and in charge assertive without yelling. You know when he gets real serious, and wants SY to know how much he really cares, he's gets really firm about it.

Even when he is mad .. like ep 10 when he was agitatedly asking SY why SW was there at her office after stroming off with her ... MJ was so in control with his reactions to her.

I like how he does NOT yank her around, like some K-heros when emotional, do. B)

I've been re-watching too. So far, although many nice and romantic moments of MJ-SY, one of my favorites is episode 7. Been re-watching it almost 10 times.

Yup, I like this drama so much because they don't overact, it's all acted out in a subtle way. Even if they're mad, they don't yell. Just like the example you gave about MJ's reactions. Nobody has shed tears before, except DJ. SY did shed tears once or twice at work, but it was also minimum. I think I probably stop watching a drama if they start to shout to create controversy in the first episode already (which ALWAYS happen)!

I'm trying to download Ep. 14 (CEO),

But for some reason part 12 is not working well. Each part is Downloading fast, like within 5 minutes, but this part keeps saying like 10 hours!!!

It worked for me. Try to re-download it.

as the ending approaches, im feeling more and more anxious about the outcome of MJ/SY's relationship. my heart will definately break if those 2 dont end up together. married or not, i just want them to be happy. i just hope we dont get happy moments, and then the last 10 mins, SY realizes that she cant have a future with MJ and then they break up. that would be just too sad to take in.

Me too. Let keep our fingers crossed for a HAPPY ending!

1 more day to go....

Guest purpleZ

No Dalja Spring please!! Remember that ending????

I watched Dalja's Spring, but forgot the ending. What was it like? Open ending?

Guest purpleZ

EYES EXPRESSION part 8

(All from episode 14). Warning! Possible spoilers and heavy graphics.

The first scene we saw MJ-SY surprised by the visit of SM. (Many skinship here. Look at the way they kept holding hands and MJ grabbing her arm ;))

eyes31.jpg

When the coast was clear, MJ-SY suddenly realized they're all alone, just the two of them. There was tidbit awkwardness: a man and a woman alone in a room...

(Notice their awkward and shy gazes ;))

eyes32.jpg

They couldn't sleep and decided to play a game. It's so fun seeing them teasing each other and showing no mercy when one of them lost. (Here another skinship :D)

eyes33.jpg

They later decided to go for a walk at 2AM. Went to do groceries to buy some ingredients to make kimbap. (Isn't it a nice sight??)

eyes29.jpg

After making dozen of kimbap rolls and finishing some of them, SY slept with her head leaned against MJ's shoulder while listening to MP3 together. Note: the first cap here shows their flirty stares again :D

eyes30.jpg

At work, MJ said that he'll be busy preparing a new album and live performances that they won't be able to meet each other often at work. (I wonder if he will sing a new song for SY and show him perform live again. That would be nice!)

eyes34.jpg

MJ prepared dinner for SY and made a picture out of it and sent it to SY. SY replied with a very cute picture of her holding a spoon!

MJ: "Your boyfriend is preparing food especially for you"

SY: "Kkaw! I really want to get home fast!"

eyes35.jpg

After dinner, they played Go Stop. MJ kept losing to SY, so he made an excuse that he suddenly thought of a melody that he should write it down right away. SY stopped him from going and said that he should just whisper it in her ear since she has good memory. MJ teased her and pushed her gently to the floor and...

eyes36.jpg

SM went to SY's place to give SY the food that she prepared for MJ. She handed it to the security guy. Then when she was going to head back home, she saw MJ-SY together hand in hand and hear them saying spending the night together. She assumed they live together and rushed into SY's house to confront them. SM said that SY broke her promise, SY apologized. Seeing SY being blamed and being apologetic made MJ furious and pulled her with him.

SPOILER:

SY: "Min Jae ah! Where are we going?"

MJ: "To get married. Let's get married tomorrow!"

(KB really reflected his feelings through his eyes here, how much he wanted to protect PJH. He looked really serious. I was really impressed!)

eyes37.jpg

Guest Hanjae

I watched Dalja's Spring, but forgot the ending. What was it like? Open ending?

It wasn't exactly open, but it didn't have the kind of closure a lot of viewers were looking for, particularly since they really raised hopes. Basically, both sides managed to get their families to approve of the match in the most hilarious manner, but problems that Dal Ja and Tae Bong had been experiencing while living together erodes at Dal Ja's confidence and she decides to go away to the States and study for 2 years. She also decided to set Tae Bong free in the process, and tells him that she won't ask him to wait, but she loves him and if they're fated to be, they'll meet up again. They did meet up, and Tae Bong shows off his new business and kisses her over the lunchbox he made.

It's the kind of ending that if you thought about it long and hard, you'd appreciate, but that doesn't stop it from being rather less than satisfactory after investing 20+ hours! I'm so nervous about the ending for SMM though that I'll probably be happy even with a similar ending... just as long as they don't throw a What's Up Fox at me.

Guest JEYEF

Oh the ending is near! How i LIKE, LOVE and LUST :P (lol) this drama.

Not only because PJH is in here (lol, isnt that obvious?) but this drama is so feel good that you don't want to stab any evil character in their backs.

Even there are antagonist (e.g. that stupid sunbae) you still dont want them erase like that, every character is so vital that if they are not shown there will be something missing or lacking.

Like what PJH said in her interview everything in the cast and productions are great, but only the ratings are not going on their side! (i do laugh in this part when she said it)

But still I wish this drama would be hit in other countries, considering the story other neighboring countries are ready for this kind of drama.

Guest kelela

I like when SY walks sort of submissively to MJ. It is like she's being the girl. And most older women, crave the kind of attention MJ showers on her.

:D Thank you PurpleZ for making my day. The Eyes Expression part 8 really make my day. After yesterday with all my crisis (work and home), this really put a smile on my face.

I was reading a couple of comments on the closure on this drama. SPOILER: I think the write will have Dalja Spring ending. The reason is because she wants to give MJ more time to get established in the recording world and be able to support SY. I have this gut feeling about this. But I will only settle for a happy ending where MJ/SY are together or else this bad mama will be so awful to live with for a couple of days.

Guest zemoneko

QUESTION

I have no idea if any of you noticed but what is that on his arm? Is it a bite maker, hickey, some flu shot or something?Whatisthis.jpg

Whatisthis-1.jpg

What is this vibrating thing that flashes lights I never seen one. It is in episode 14 when BG and DJ are in the coffee shop with the guy with great hair and nice glasses that doesn't look good at all just those 2 things.

vibratingthingy.jpg

That vibrating thing is when your order is ready, the counter (at the restaurant) will send a signal and you could pick up your food. ^^

The Dal Ja Spring ending could be labeled as down-to-earth versus giddy. :mellow:

Although the opposition of the two mothers would have eventually been overcome, the real obstacle was Tae Bong himself. To be exact, his dream of being a cook and having his own eatery.

In order to be with Dal Ja, she knew that Tae Bong would give up his dreams and return to being a lawyer. (This is where their age difference comes out.) At his age, Tae Bong still had unfulfilled dreams. And, Dal Ja did not want him to give them up, for her sake.

Therefore, when she had the opportunity to work abroad for her company, she accepted it. She gave him and requested, from him, no commitment about a future together because any type of 'promise' would have been burdensome for both of them. That's why she left their future together up to 'fate'. If they were to meet again, they will.

And, they did meet in the end. In the sweetest way. The ending may not have had fireworks, but it was right for them :)

The Dal Ja Spring ending could be labeled as down-to-earth versus giddy. :mellow:

Therefore, when she had the opportunity to work abroad for her company, she accepted it. She gave him and requested, from him, no commitment about a future together because any type of 'promise' would have been burdensome for both of them. That's why she left their future together up to 'fate'. If they were to meet again, they will.

And, they did meet in the end. In the sweetest way. The ending may not have had fireworks, but it was right for them :)

agree that ending was down to earth, and worked out well in Dal-ja. and there we have another complementary-personalities match. Tae Bong was laidback and calm, maturely down to earth and knew what he wanted. Great foil when Dal-ja was flighty (unlike Shin Young).

i would actually prefer the ending here to be ... realistic. having said that ... chakaman. :ph34r:

NO parting of ways forever please - what a waste of such a beautiful pairing! (and all the flirty eye sex ... and all our swooning, thus far)! :mellow:

bec i also think if it was a happily-ever-after peaches and roses type fairytale ending without any tying in of reality ... i would be left skeptical too.

or worse, thinking about what more realistic outcome lies for them down the road when real life pressures or expectations intrude.

real life often isn't like that.

and part of the reason this drama works well so far is bec issues here are relatable to modern women (in some way or other), and it doesn't melo-dramatise things too much, unlike other stereotypical romantic Kdramas.

whatever they do .... do NOT do a stupid fake wrap up either.

i was following Tdrama Autumn Concerto. after the more or less wonderful journey - what a totally lame and contrived close they 'staged', to conclude the ride. it felt so unsatisfying

==========================

I like when SY walks sort of submissively to MJ. It is like she's being the girl. And most older women, crave the kind of attention MJ showers on her.

i like that too!

despite the age difference ... you can see when SY steps back, lets him take the lead and MJ is allowed to wear the pants and be the in-charge man while she's the feminine girl. (like when he's confronting his mom for eg).

and ditto MJ keeps his mouth firmly shut when he realises SY's handling the situation (despite his "death-glare" face) - - like when they met that toxic sun bae of hers Myung Seok while drinking in a pub .... during their 10 day dating thing.

it's all realistic convincing to make this relationship believable. you can see how their relationship balances out.

@kelela

methinks most women - old or young - would like an attentive Min Jae, or Kang Tae Bong.

while Dal-ja was airing back then, i recall there we were doing line up orders for a Kang Tae Bong take-out! :lol:

Ha Min Jae = take-charge assertive at the right moments, able to hold his own confident yet without any ego issues, humorous, intelligent, romantic, sensitive and observant, totally supportive to his woman.

another bonus is even if he is a teasing cheeky charmer ... MJ also knows what he really wants - despite all other women hanging around him.

(hands up anyone here who wants a Sang Woo or Ban Seok? my take is, with these two ... i am not sure either will not be giddily distracted if other desirable females throw themselves their way. these two just don't seem as grounded. a naive inexperienced Ban Seok may NOT necesaarily want to remain monogamous either once he's figured out what is what - he just lacks guts for now).

i also like how Min Jae despite how upset he gets at his mom sometimes .. still makes these attempts to look up, or lunch together with SM. he's not brooding or holding a grudge in some dark corner, or drinking himself richard simmons-drunk.

MJ comes across as neither avoidant, nor over the top disrespectful and rude to his mom - despite their differences.

nor does he lose his temper too much.

to me, it's nice how MJ still respects and treasures his mom, regardless. it's healthy.

scary also are the type of men who have a love-hate, insecure relationship with their moms. it turns into masochism sometimes, and into men who do not know how to respect women. <_<

the writer has it all down pat! female herself, probably. B)

===========================

@ purpleZ B)

THANKS ... you did your ep 14 homework really thoroughly, i see! :lol:

btw, did you marvel at how MJ did that move to manouvere SY down to the floor? i was left wondering here: wow .. MJ's good. how did he achieve that? :P

i don't think it's neccesarily going to be a repeat of his parents story IF MJ marries SY now.

bec even at 24, MJ knows what he wants. and he's not unaware - he is a pensive deep thinker too - it's just he tries to make light of issues.

and their relationship was not based on lust first.

it's based on growing respect and understanding (MJ observes SY under various work circumstances, or sees her arguing and asserting herself with Myung Seok) ... not just mere instant attraction. they did KNOW each other.

it's how they are going to present it all (whatever resolution they choose), that will be important in convincing us.

Archived