Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest purpleZ

[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest upamak

can't wait to fall asleep tonight...tomorrow is a BIG DAY!!!! i got my fingers crossed...

Guest Hanjae

like Luv ... my gut feel is that it would be UNlikely the ending will be sad. Shin Young loves MJ as much as he loves her. to be fair to this 10 yr gap, and MJ's 24 ==== he just needs the room to grow which a time gap will allow. they will probably even get endorsement fr SM - who is understanding SY way better these days, and seeing where MJ-SY are coming from more and more, as the parallel in her own relationship becomes more obvious.

same love for each other. SY is just more level headed, compared to MJ's deep intensity.

love like that .... they won't let it go to waste now, would they?

Thanks for the translation of SY's note to MJ, jusash! It's so sweet <3 One of the things I've liked best about this drama is that the characters never dodge around the truth and always come out with it straight, voicing their feelings despite any misgivings or hesitation.

And I must say, I love your optimism! I think I'm one of the only people who are happy with the ending of episode 15, mainly because all those years of kdrama watching experience is telling me that the couple breaking up actually makes it more likely that the ending will be happy, or at least vaguely so. I actually cheered when I saw the ending, because it gets that kdrama cliche staple over and done with and opens whole new possibilities!

Nothing would please me more than a happy ending, and I desperately want one, so Writer Kim had better deliver or there will be some peeved SY/MJ fangirls :P

Guest thehibiscus

PurpleZ:

Actually he said.."Go..and come back."

Haha.

(What he said was: 갔다와) So I guess it wasn't his intention to break up with her but this simply doesn't compute. She's finally gotten her career back on track with a successful program so why, at this moment, instead of letting her grow where she is, do they suddenly come up with this "opportunity." But I think since this story is all about parallelism between her other relationship and this one, this time when she comes back, he'll be waiting for her.

And this might be illogical, but God, I hated on that Se Na chick. Growr.

Guest thaotmai

Thanks 'purpleZ' and jusash for episode 15 spoiler.

To PurpleZ don't be angry my friend. We all like this drama because it has a reality touch to it.So you have to understand that MJ and SY relationship need some challenges to know their feelings for each other is not temporary but permanent. They need to test if their relationship mean to be.And the only way to do that is time. Doesn't matter how beautiful the love is...when two pple get married and hit the reality such as dealing with finance and the "out law" you will think twice about your love and how you get there in the first place.

As fans of this drama, we want good ending (MJ & SY) which i'm pretty sure we will get it in ep 16. But writer need to give MJ sometime to grow and become mature even though he is already mature for his age but he is still inexperienced. Later when he met SY again, he will be ready for next step in their relationship and understand SY better. Because marriage is consisted alot of elements and love is only make up for one. He will be the head of family so he need to know what is he doing and capable of bringing home the bread.... also be a guidance and lend a shoulder.. when SY needs him.

I think because of the deadline (have to end at ep 16) that's why they try to wrap up the story line ...and therefore created the scenerio that let the story jump to 3 years later thing....

Re-upload_Raw_mp4_000215181.jpg

I can't stand to look at MJ's eyes, you can see he's in pain. So heartbreaking scene.

Re-upload_Raw_mp4_000218651.jpg

Re-upload_Raw_mp4_000222989.jpg

Hope they don't pull the Dal Jang Spring ending sure they don't want to be compare to another drama ending. Let's all hope for the best ending... If ever they will it's going to be a double pain for me, Marry me ends tom and a recycle ending if ever..

here's something really sweet to help put all the unhappy, depressed Min-Youngers out of your ep 15 melancholic funk :wub:

Ep 15 (spoiler)

SY's note to MJ that SM accidentally read: (* did rewatch with chinese subs - courtesy of tu-dou site, which has uploaded subs onto their initial ep 15 raws).

To my room-mate Min-jae sii:

Tomorrow I might not be around to see you (ie she will be busy working or something)

Da Jung's always grumbled her room has a bigger window, so I am afraid you might be cold at night

I hope to keep the promise I made with your mother

That, is my polite respect to her

Bec it is through her that gave me the opportunity to meet the Min Jae that I love so much.

You can only be my room-mate until this wk

I will prepare heating for you in the practice room so you can sleep there

When I think of you, I will look for you there.

A long awaited feeling of liquid(?) warmth gives me new strength to want to lead my life well

That, is the gift you give to me. Thank You.

I love you.:wub:

The spring in my heart --- Ha Min Jae

===========

like Luv ... my gut feel is that it would be UNlikely the ending will be sad. Shin Young loves MJ as much as he loves her. to be fair to this 10 yr gap, and MJ's 24 ==== he just needs the room to grow which a time gap will allow. they will probably even get endorsement fr SM - who is understanding SY way better these days, and seeing where MJ-SY are coming from more and more, as the parallel in her own relationship becomes more obvious.

same love for each other. SY is just more level headed, compared to MJ's deep intensity.

love like that .... they won't let it go to waste now, would they?

and hurray for open-minded Bu-ki for setting everyone straight all the time with her wise perspectives.

her priceless advice to Shin Young's growing feeling for the first time there is a generational gap between her and MJ:

"better dealing with 10 yrs, than putting up with a weirdo your same age! :lol:

yup, you tell her === right on, lady!! B)at first toying with 28 ... Bu Ki then thinks again and suggests 30 to SY's 40. ie waiting until Min Jae is 30. yupz, there's hope yet! "

Thank you so much for the full translation of SY's note. :D As with so many other things in this drama, it struck the perfect tone. The writing in this drama is certainly of high caliber.

And, I'm not surprised by SY's action of breaking up with MJ. I had suspected that she would be the one to 'walk'. And, I don't think she is doing so out of fear, chickening out or doesn't love him enough. Matter of fact, I think she's walking away because she deeply loves him. :blush:

Perhaps, seeing MJ with his peers brought her down from cloud 9 and made her take a clinical look at their situation. And, I think she realized that if they stayed together now, he's the one who will loose out. What he looses is what may be, the best time of everyone's life, his 20's. The 20's are the years when one gets to enjoy life, without being fraught with responsibility, to explore new ventures, make discoveries, start fulfilling one's dreams, etc.

And, SY knows all this because she's been there, done that. So, she doesn't want to take that time away from him. :huh:

This ep highlights the grass always looking greener on the other side. I actually enjoyed Da Jung's segment today. DJ's situation illustrates the fact:

~ Singles who wistfully wish for a potential soulmate think it's all good once they get hitched ...

~ Married or attached folk who when arriving there .... realise that the attachment they so craved can sometimes be more hyped up than it really is. Or that being free and single (without obligatory responsibilities and expectations) might sometimes be a way better, and less mundane option to living life.

~ And that happiness ... really lies in feeling/seeking it yourself. NOT in expecting someone or a relationship to magically elevate you there.

BRAVO!!! Excellent insights!

Episode 15 recap. WARNING SPOILERS!!

Then he fell asleep. MJ woke up next to SY. SY said they had to work, MJ pushed her back to bed. "Even you haven't washed your face, you're still beautiful".

@ purpleZ

thanks! tagging an extra onto your recaps ... something upliftingly-cute MJ said, at the end of this whole sweet MJ-SY interlude:

cont ....

MJ: you're still beautiful without make up. did we 'sleep together' last night?

SY: yup you fell asleep right after talking.

MJ: i guess this means we slept together. (being cheeky yet again) don't worry .... i will take responsibility for you!

purpleZ

(I'm not sure what kind of opportunities that SY's boss offered her) She asked where it is if she decided to do it, boss said it's still unclear. When asked how long would it take, boss said around 2-3 years.

i think SY is being offered the one of those coveted correspondent journalist positions that is often offered to the top proven achievers in the journalistic field. normally the more senior ones who have proven themselves - the type of front page scoop and one of a kind pictures with stories that win literary prizes.

ie she will be one of those that get posted right to the prime global scene of current action - be it war in Bosnia or whatever.

which is why her position/location is unclear. i think her boss mentioned Africa.

Thank you so much for the full translation of SY's note. :D As with so many other things in this drama, it struck the perfect tone. The writing in this drama is certainly of high caliber.

And, I'm not surprised by SY's action of breaking up with MJ. I had suspected that she would be the one to 'walk'. And, I don't think she is doing so out of fear, chickening out or doesn't love him enough. Matter of fact, I think she's walking away because she deeply loves him. :blush:

Perhaps, seeing MJ with his peers brought her down from cloud 9 and made her take a clinical look at their situation. And, I think she realized that if they stayed together now, he's the one who will loose out. What he looses is what may be, the best time of everyone's life, his 20's. The 20's are the years when one gets to enjoy life, without being fraught with responsibility, to explore new ventures, make discoveries, start fulfilling one's dreams, etc.

And, SY knows all this because she's been there, done that. So, she doesn't want to take that time away from him. :huh:

Thank you Auntie Mame - I had a heart to heart talk with hubby and he agrees with what SY is doing (surprise from a man). He was saying the same thing as Auntie Mame. SY knew she needed to let MJ go. When she saw how he was having so much fun with his friends, SY knew. SY also knew when she was at that age, this is the carefree, I don't care stage that if she tied MJ down, she will regret this later on. So from a man's perspective, SY did the right thing.

We won't know until tomorrow, the final what the writer is thinking as a conclusion - I am praying/hoping for a happy one. Three years a long time for MJ to finally realized he can't live without SJ.

This is one tire and sleepy bad mama - good night all and good night John-boy where ever you are.

@ Auntie Marne

ditto my take too ... after seeing MJ with his hoo-baes (juniors) and other contemporaries his age ... SY is realising there is a whole bunch of things and life he will miss out on, and that love cannot encompass everything.

SY is just as troubled arriving at this decision too .. you see the constant to and fro, you see her in consultation with Bu Ki who wisely tells her that there is plenty of fish out there ... and really - who can tell what is what with the future, with fate?

they can break up even if SY stays put permanently ... and that before SY couldn't look in a crystal ball and predict she'd be unmarried and still single at 34 ... who's to predict what will happen 3 yrs later at 37?

also note how they (imo purposely) dramatized how 'crazy' SY was going (she had pasta stuck in her ponytail and was chewing raw pasta :lol: ) with all the possible scenarios - all the while driven by insecurity and jealousy.

to me, that was NOT healthy either. it all reflected she has not worked out her insecurity over the age thing. worked up over being in competition with a 22 yr old hoobae, Se-na.

if MJ-SY end up together now ... and this scenario were to recur over and over again (very probable - there will be always be other young girls - be it work partners or groupies, on MJ's horizon) ....

confident level-headed SY might not remain the same self-assured SY MJ loves anymore. eg she would become possibly be transformed into a self-doubting partner, naggy? bec she's so consumed with insecure jealousy each time he'e with people his own age or younger..

and actually SY has come to the same realization as SM mentioned.

the very same stuff SM has been saying when she said SY will 'suffocate' MJ at 24 if they commit now. (and that's the reality ... if they commit now - while it is fairytale rosy happy .... who to say knows what their outcome would be 6 yrs down the road?)

which is why I am NOT depressed abt ep 15 unlike most people here seem to be.

it's actually continuing well along the 'realistic' track.

while it is really heartbreaking sad to see MJ's devastated face .... it would be a good opportunity for him to grow, and really understand what/who he wants ... AFTER he's seen and experienced more of life.

Guest upamak

i tried to use a translator to translate the korean text for ep 16 heres what i got, thought i would share with u guys hahaaa

Difficulty now appears to be being the possibility of being happy. The tenderheartedness will make a loan at the mortgage where the rock will pick up and the accompaniment will pick up and the egg moves to make up fact becomes. The rock decided an alone important affair in fact painter difficulty tenderheartedness the director flaw to change low Zeeman and rather a tenderhearted this mind, when with the family of the rock lives well, the tenderheartedness loses will talk in attitude of the rock. Meantime, from only the broadcasting station…

Guest spicycurry

i tried to use a translator to translate the korean text for ep 16 heres what i got, thought i would share with u guys hahaaa

Difficulty now appears to be being the possibility of being happy. The tenderheartedness will make a loan at the mortgage where the rock will pick up and the accompaniment will pick up and the egg moves to make up fact becomes.

I used Google and the first paragraph doesn't make sense at all, something about a house as a loan collateral? The preview never loaded for me so I can't put it in context. Minjae and Shin Young meet at the station to say goodbye. He has a motorcycle accident and she hears the news on the plane?

한편, 방송국에서 만난 민재와 신영은 담담하게 이별을 고한다. 신영이 특파원으로

떠나는 날 민재는 오토바이 사고를 당하고, 신영은 비행기 안에서 이 소식을 전해듣

는데...

Guest upamak

I used Google and the first paragraph doesn't make sense at all, something about a house as a loan collateral? The preview never loaded for me so I can't put it in context. Minjae and Shin Young meet at the station to say goodbye. He has a motorcycle accident and she hears the news on the plane?

uhh really?? that would b weird to show on last episode...the video preview shows us something diff tho

Guest upamak

we might get a reunion since shin young is running towards him maybe????

Guest Hanjae

we might get a reunion since shin young is running towards him maybe????

From the preview, it seems Shin Young's crying and running off to look for him after she sees the message on her computer... presumably Min Jae typed it and went off? It basically says "You are still the woman I love!"

Guest upamak

From the preview, it seems Shin Young's crying and running off to look for him after she sees the message on her computer... presumably Min Jae typed it and went off? It basically says "You are still the woman I love!"

ahhh i seee thank u so much i was waiting for a translation before i can hit the bed and its close to 4 am here

this drama is giving me sleepless nights as u can see

Guest kelela

ahhh i seee thank u so much i was waiting for a translation before i can hit the bed and its close to 4 am here

this drama is giving me sleepless nights as u can see

SAME HERE. And it is almost 1am for me. I have to work! I am checking my Seoul clock like a crazy person. When I wake up, I hope there's something ready.

Oh gosh, I'm pathetic.

OK, I'm not, but I haven't had the best several months and I just want something happy.

Guest purpleZ

Posting some stills of episode 16 from OHP before I comment.

yetphoto10031115154128c.jpg