[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When someone is in love, they will do anything for love. Sometimes being in love made you forget everything around you. MJ is an example of a man in love.

I agree he looks mature for a relationship. He had showed us the way he treated SY. Even man who is older might not have this kind of qualities. But, he needs to remember standing alone based on love is not what life really is. There are a lot more. This is a stage that are yet to discover by MJ.

I truly understands what his mother is feeling. He is still consider a baby in life. His mother already living for 40++ years and knew the consequences he might be in later. But, she made a mistake by not following her own advice towards herself.

Guest purpleZ

Morning everyone! Just dropping a quick note before going to work!

I'm sorry I can't seem to wrap my head around this, SY and that pinky swear with SM, what ever was she thinking making a promise like that to her? And just what exactly does that promise entail? If what purplez said was correct, that she was supposed to treat her boyfriend as a friend, then what did she mean by that? I mean I know that being all chummy in a relationship is good, but then what kind of relationship was Sang Mi actually asking for? I get that the whole "living together" got her boiling, but what did she expect? Her son doesn't go home to her, the place he used to crash in is now unavailable, she leases the only place he can call home, and so finding him living with his gf shocks her? It's not like they've spent weeks shacking up together, it's only been a few days! You can't even call that as living together.

SPOILER:

SM was basically telling SY to be a close (intimate) friend with MJ, I think she's referring not to sleep with him before he graduates. But SM got the wrong assumption when seeing MJ living with SY. So obviously she thought that they already slept together. Although she didn't say it, MJ defended SY and himself by saying that nothing happened, they're just living together because he's got nowhere to go.

As much as I like the idea of them getting married, it was impulsive. MJ was clearly mad at his mom's objections and false assumptions.

Well, I'll try to drop by tonight if I still have the energy. Have fun discussing everyone!

Guest kelela

I want to post SO BAD, but I will just say I love all the amazing caps. I saw the episodes raw, so I have kind of an idea of what is going on. Though the last ep I FFWD so I could go to work! Yes, I was crazy to see it in ANY capacity.

I will say this, and I think this is a not a spoiler, but we have couples that meet halfway in their maturity. I think it is a balance.

Well, I am going to try to watch some Pasta before bed... or He Who Can't Marry, while I wait for subs for this glorious little show in the next few days.

I can’t help myself not to share my thought about MJ proposal to SY, if this is going to be a typical K-drama, his proposal sure thing not a good sign for our much anticipated happy ending, and sure I don't like a time jump in order for MJ to age more coz what going to happen to SY? she will be what owww I can't really imagine :wacko: .. Pls no time Jump that's worse ever.I have mix feeling about his proposal, I liked it coz I know it’s only a drama and I am a sucker of that kind of scene but, in reality it’s kinda so and so and we all know that SY will step up and bring back MJ to his senses… What really make me so crazy about this drama is, not to draggy they don’t tend to make a small problem into a big one that could ruin the whole story. It’s very light but surprisingly amazing and addicting. After BOF I kinda slow down watching K-Dramas but, STILL MARRY ME brought back my interest to K-Drama, it's been awhile since I enjoyed watching drama, so I don’t know what’s going to happen to me after next week final episode :(:( .. I don’t really care about the rating for me this is one of the best K-dramas of 2010..

Guest Trine29

So, this is a total long shot, but does anyone have any idea what music is used at the end of Ep 11 and the beginning of Ep 12? It's been used a lot in this series...it's an instrumental piece with piano, electric guitar(?) and drums. It's not on the soundtrack.

I *think* it's something by the band called Explosions in the Sky, but I just can't identify it. I don't know if there's a music listing on DC Gallery or something, but my Korean isn't good enough to look^^;;;

Guest kdramamine

So, this is a total long shot, but does anyone have any idea what music is used at the end of Ep 11 and the beginning of Ep 12? It's been used a lot in this series...it's an instrumental piece with piano, electric guitar(?) and drums. It's not on the soundtrack.

I *think* it's something by the band called Explosions in the Sky, but I just can't identify it. I don't know if there's a music listing on DC Gallery or something, but my Korean isn't good enough to look^^;;;

I love that music too. It really makes the scenes more heartfelt. Unfortunately, I think it's one of "instrumental" piece that sometimes appears on OSTs, but sadly isn't on this OST! I wonder if someone can pull it together somehow.

But speaking of music, if you're wondering about the English songs featured in episodes 11, 12, and 13, here is what I picked up:

SPOILER WARNING!!!!

Ep. 11--

1. SY + SM having their serious talk, "Homesick" by Kings of Convenience

Ep 12--

1. SW +SM having tea after running into each other at the market (when SW said he wants to propose to her after she gets a divorce), "Spinning Away" by John Cale & Brian Eno

Ep 13--

1. SM+MJ meeting (right before SW came), "There is an End" by The Greenhornes (ft. Holly Golightly)

2. SW comes up to them, "Cole's Corner" by Richard Hawley

3. The four finally sat down (and tried to talk), "Absolutely Zero" by Jason Mraz

4. SM+Buki talking (right before they came over to see SY), "The Boy's Gone" by Jason Mraz

I think the music person for this drama likes Jason Mraz :D

Guest lil' zen

Kim Bum really improved in his song...made me go kyaaaa~~ I realized his character is almost the same as tat of BOF and also having a dad who LOVES all the girls in the world (quote Sang Mi XD) He's sooooo darn sweeet!!! The whole drama is soooo cute esp with Da Jung n Ban Suk n I really do admire Boo Ki's character..her name is cute too!! Boo Ki Woo Ki~~ (Any meaning in Korean?)

My butt is always stuck to the chair thanks to this drama...OMG!!!

hi im back.. reading each & every post here... :-)

TECHNICAL QUESTION HERE:

WHERE IS MJ'S OTHER LEG? I CAN ONLY SEE ONE.

first, LOL... but yes, that's technical.

i think this bigger image (posted ealier by purpleZ) is clearer.. http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5868/ep141.jpg

the most visible his right foot, the left is at a bend near the right's knee - a very natural & comfortable position

i sure would love to see the BTS for this one :P

Guest Yang_EunBi

hi to all MinYoung shippers!!!

Just wana ask if their is any Filipino here..

Hi PurpLez..thanks for all the caps and links..

Such hardworking girl..

Are you Korean???

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Guest Koreandramaluver

Does anyone know where I can watch this in english subs? I was watching it on dramacrazy.et until I reached episode 5 and they had a glitch and yeah now I can't watch it :(

Go to dramasub.com They have the drama with eng subs up til episode 11

Guest an_nhien

Ok, here are my thoughts after watching ep 12 and 13 with sub and (to satisfy my own craving for more SMM) ep 14 raw. I will not talk about SY and MJ because I really, really enjoyed their scene and I expressed my disappointment and fear in my previous posts about his little decision! But I have to say Kim Bum acting improves a whole lot!

Warning, there might be some spoilers so if you do not want to know anything, do not read any further 

First: Sang-Mi. Strangely, I don't find her character annoying and her scenes with SW boring at all (well, a little bit in ep 12 though). I have to admit I found similarities between her and SY. Before she had the courage to realise and accept her feeling for SW, she agonised herself. She went back and forth, battled with her internal monsters. Why is this? Like she said, she made the biggest mistake of her life and has lived miserably up until now. Jumping straight into a relationship with a 10-year younger guy she just met for a couple of months is not something a person like SM would normally do.

However, once she made her decision. She stayed with it and found for it. Even though she knew that SW was her son’s gf’s ex, she loves him – remember this is her first love ever! She never had any attention or care or the feeling of being madly in love before she encountered SW. She tried to ignore him with effort but hey, when you are in love, you are blind. So I give her kudos for that.

I also do not think there is DOUBLE STANDARD here. SM has said numerous times that she does not care about the age-gap! If MJ were not her son, she would not see the problem in them dating. Her life so far has been a failure, no happiness due to her mistake in her youth; she does not want him to make the same mistake. So she opposes MJ and SY because she LOVES him so much! He was the only light in her darkness.

The grandmother scene is genius. It made me understand MJ and SM relationship and how much each of them depends on the other to live so far. It explains a lot for their reaction with the other’s relationship.

That leads to MJ’s acceptance of SW even if it would put more weight and difficulties on him and SY. That leads to SM, despite expressly opposes the relationship, came up to SY house and talked to her in order to know her better. SM, as a woman, understands and accepts SY. But she is still a mother, which is why she wants them not to sleep together so that none of them will have to live their life regretful as she did. Some of you may say that SY and MJ have love and she did not. Yes, because she did not have love when she slept with her husband, how can SM understand what’s going on between MJ and SY are real love and not youthful passion only?

Second, Sang-Woo: I have nothing much to say about him. He is not one controversial character. He is just one guy in love but chose the very problematic person to love :D

Well, he is one good guy, isn’t he? He cares a lot about the person he loves or once loved. He even called SY to inform her when he realised that MJ is SM’s son. He wanted to handle the problem together with SY because he KNOWS how much trouble SY is in with MJ’s mother. When he said he and MJ have something in common so that they can be friends, I think, he wants to solve the problem in a civil way. But since he knows this is MJ and SM’s problem i.e. one accepts the other’s love, he stands by her, let her make her own decision rather than saying anything – like Bu Ki, remains Switzerland.

Third, Da Jung and Ban Suk (did I have his name right? :P well, doesn’t matter), Bu Ki and the evil senpai

They got married but it is not the end of their problems. (DJ is one of the leads in this drama. The PD can’t just cut her off to give more time for others). Their scenes are essential. The drama will get very depressing if they concentrate on SY-MJ-SM-SW problems too much. I know people want to see more of SY and MJ together, I too, want that. But I think the amount of time spent on each character is enough. It balances out the serious and the comedy part of the story.

Bu Ki – I love her, she is so cool but I think since she is built up to be a supporting character and the voice of reason in the drama, she seems a bit dry to me i.e. there is not much to tell about her, she does not have the big flaw DJ and SY have. She enjoys her lives and her work. She enjoys being single and helps other people. So where is the drama to develop here?

About the evil reporter in UBN falling for Bu Ki, that might be a good way to solve SY’s work problem  So intelligent!

That is the end of my long long rant :P (one benefit of being a law student is that I can write absolutely about anything with great length :P)

Guest dreamgazer1985

I also do not think there is DOUBLE STANDARD here. SM has said numerous times that she does not care about the age-gap! If MJ were not her son, she would not see the problem in them dating. Her life so far has been a failure, no happiness due to her mistake in her youth; she does not want him to make the same mistake. So she opposes MJ and SY because she LOVES him so much! He was the only light in her darkness.

Second, Sang-Woo: I have nothing much to say about him. He is not one controversial character. He is just one guy in love but chose the very problematic person to love :D

Well, he is one good guy, isn’t he? He cares a lot about the person he loves or once loved. He even called SY to inform her when he realised that MJ is SM’s son. He wanted to handle the problem together with SY because he KNOWS how much trouble SY is in with MJ’s mother. When he said he and MJ have something in common so that they can be friends, I think, he wants to solve the problem in a civil way. But since he knows this is MJ and SM’s problem i.e. one accepts the other’s love, he stands by her, let her make her own decision rather than saying anything – like Bu Ki, remains Switzerland.

About the evil reporter in UBN falling for Bu Ki, that might be a good way to solve SY’s work problem  So intelligent!

First off, thank you for a thoughtful and interesting discussion on the drama =D. Secondly, I would like to discuss with you on some of the points that you mentioned which I bolded.

I agree with you that yes, she's fearful for him b/c of her past experience of youthful indiscretion. Thus in a way, we can't blame her for being a mom and doing what mom does. But I would argue that she does have a double standard because I don't think Sang Mi would react the same way if Min Jae was dating someone his age or even if that person is only a couple of years older instead of being 10 years older like Shin Young is.

I actually have an opposite sentiment regarding toward Sang Woo than you do. I find him one class jerk. First, he callously called off his wedding just to make a point to SY, whom he kept on professing this great love for while insulting her age in the next breath. Then he found Sang Mi and did a little yo-yo game with SY, which I don't blame him for since SY sort of did the same thing as well. However, I found it irritating that regardless of his new feelings for SM, he kept on throwing the words "love" around with SY as well. SY even tho was doing that leading on dance with SW and MJ a little bit in the beginning, at least, made herself clear that she wasn't in love with SW anymore but perhaps that yes, she could find her way back into it.

Finally there is a confrontation with the 4 of them and at no point did SW stood up for the woman he used to love for 10 years. Instead he just let SM had her go at SY. I mean with such a history b/t them, you would think he stepped in a little bit. I realize he was between a rock and hard place but to say that he's a good guy is strange to me somewhat.

Finally, I personally think it would be an underestimation and a discredit to Shin Young and her ability as a reporter and professional woman that her main work issues are solved b/c her superior is hitting on her friend. That would kinda be insulting to her professional pride, don't you think?

Guest purpleZ

Hi guys! Sorry I won't be able to comment anything. I almost doze off at work, I couldn't sleep well last night after the controversial episode 14. How could it be?? So I'm going to go to bed now. Will get back to you soon! But first, I want to post Kim Bum's interview from the SMM set.

Kim Bum Interview

Translation from the clip:

Hello, all the viewers. I’m Kim Bum, playing Ha Min-jae in The Women Who Still Want To Marry. Many people told me that the grey hair color fits me very well.

The striking grey-hair look?

At first I was really worried. It’s not easy to make it look like real grey hair. Perhaps because I have been wearing it for a while, I feel quite comfortable now already.

Kim Bum is a relationship expert?

For me, instead of saying me helping others or others helping me, I usually figured it out by myself. So even I had some hard time, I usually didn’t turn to others but trying to resolve it on my own.

Kim Bum is innocent?

Oh, that’s a rumor. I didn’t know where it came from. That’s impossible. I didn’t know how the rumor came out claiming I haven’t involved in a relationship. It’s not true.

Min-Jae and Shin-young’s sweet dates?

The first date was in a massage bar, where I rarely had chances to go. But they were a lot of people making facial mask. So we mentioned it a little bit, but later that part got cut off.

The ideal date?

Since I entered the showbiz at an early age, I want to have normal date most. Even though it might be really common and normal, but I hardly get chances doing it.

What do you think about Park Jin-hee?

Even from an average TV viewers’ perspective, she’s still a very good actress, who has given me a lot of support. It’s always filming with her. So it’s a great opportunity. On the set, she’s more gentle than I expected.

The music band?

I played piano when I was little. This is my first time of learning to play guitar, which I felt unfamiliar with and a lot of hard time. When I didn’t need to film, I would focus on learning to play it. Like today, there was piano-playing scene. I had to play both of them. Feeling a little bit stressed. While learning guitar, I found it’s a very interesting instrument. If possible, I’d like to continuing my learning.

Actor or singer?

In Japan, some people might still not know I’m singing as a singer. The reason to release an album is to show my appreciation to overseas fans for their support for BOF. I didn’t mean to focus on a certain country. It’s just by chance that I started from Japan. That I released an album was because I wanted to thank you all my fans, not because I wanted to become a singer. As an actor, I just wanted to show the different aspects of my personality and talents.

The male couple?

I think the most interesting character in Still is Na Bun-Suk. Not just with me, he had hilarious interaction with every other actor, from which, I learned about acting. Actually it’s funnier in real life, so sometimes I just couldn’t refrain from laughing and had a lot of NGs.

Time for a break?

I’ve stated thinking about taking a break since last winter. After finishing a project, because of my ambition towards work, acting and characters, I couldn’t stop. Since this is a profession that you have to put your personal feelings into, I was thinking I might run of my feelings one day. So I was considering taking some time off and learning some new stuff.

Source: Bumsso

Archived