[Drama 2010] Stars Falling From the Sky / Wish Upon A Star 별을 따다 줘

Guest fanda4000

Guest laanpo

Anyone else completely underwhelmed by the ending of this drama?

Judging by previous posts I must be in the minority, but I felt like the writers just gave up in the last two episodes. Why throw in completely unnecessary secondary characters e.g. the mob boss in the second to last episode!?! And what about Min Kyung's brother? His entry was such a lazy and disappointing plot device, not to mention that his part didn't even make sense. Why would the hospital have compared Pal Gang and the chairman's DNA anyway? It would be in no way related to the search for Nami's donor.

I loved the dynamic between PG and KH, though. So fun to watch them bicker and PG be the dominant one.

And, as always, the kids were adorable. Pa Rang and Nami were so cute, even if they didn't age in a year.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mini_max_love

The last episode is less rushed than ep 19, it's just enjoyable. Very comfortable. Thank you for making a drama that has relaxed me in the last 3 months.

Anyways, does anyone know the ratings of the finale. Hope it high.

Guest epixeltwin

On my part, I was totally stunned by the last 2 episodes (especially ep.20); I absolutely loved them. I'm a sucker for happy endings. In fact I consider they are a must-have for such a drama, where there was so much strife and sadness at the beginning because really who would want to watch a story where everyone struggles and cries for like 8 episodes, then are happy for 4-5 more and everyone just dies at the end? If I want to watch a massacre I'll rent Full Metal Jacket...

Personally my ABSOLUTE MVP for this drama was WITHOUT A DOUBT Lee Kyun (Tae Gyu), because as great as this drama was, some parts would have been way too draggy or melodramatic without his character. I honestly think his role was perhaps the most important one. He was basically the one that set the mood and the pace for the whole "big family in the lawyer's house" climate and he really brought out the kid's cuteness by being an ever cuter kid himself. Thus upgrading the story from a huge and touching melodrama to a huge, even more touching melodrama with comedy and cuteness. I really do think he nailed that character FLAWLESSLY. Haven't ever seen him before so maybe that's all he can do (which I doubt is the case!), but even if that's it, he's got mad talent because I rarely liked any characters more than the Tae Gyu he portrayed... I mean just look at this face and these eyes...he perfectly portrays all the innocence and pureness of Woo Tae Gyu.

vlcsnap2010031703h03m05.png

I thought the kids were absolutely adorable, in particular Cho Rok and Pa Rang... Cho Rok in her bridesmaid dress was probably the cutest thing in the whole series. And Pa Rang's face on that last still is PRICELESS.

vlcsnap2010031703h06m50.png

vlcsnap2010031703h07m17.png

vlcsnap2010031703h07m36.png

vlcsnap2010031703h07m45.png

Also PG and KH's bickering was pretty nice. I thought the writers were perhaps a bit too much on the "generous people living a hard but honest life" ending. I mean if they are that rich and own a company, sure they can be generous, but no need to eat samples at the supermarket... But I must say, the last scene with the starry sky and then the new kid Bo Ra...that was just too awesome for words. It ended in a great way and I'm really happy and satisfied. I like me a story with an epilogue.

(I must also admit...I'm a sucker for shooting stars as well... a writer could make the crappiest drama ever and include a shooting star scene like that one, and he would still score points with me. Can't do anything about it, I've been like that ever since I saw GReeeeN's Kiseki MV.-->most touching thing ever.)

Oh and..about the children...besides being cute...don't you think they are pretty freaking awesome actors? I was especially impressed with Park Ji Bin (Ju Hwang) who wasn't at all like the dongsaeng in Boys Over Flowers. He's versatile and I think he's a very skilled actor for his age, he definitely has a good career ahead of him. He wasn't that remarkable in the last episodes, but in the first few ones he absolutely blew me away! All the others were great too, they really matched their caracter..No Rang and her "team leader Ajusshi" with her sideways look, Cho Rok with her "Tae Gyu oppa" and her head-shaking, and Pa Rang as the clumsy, snotty but super funny/random/observative brat.

I will be bold saying this but... for me this drama was 2010's Shining Inheritance. I liked SI better but this one was absolutely amazing too and I honestly hope that the spring dramas are going to rock (Birth of a Rich Man already does...hilarious, simple and refreshing) because with WUAS and SMM finished, it's going to be hard to match up to that.

Anyone else completely underwhelmed by the ending of this drama?

Judging by previous posts I must be in the minority, but I felt like the writers just gave up in the last two episodes. Why throw in completely unnecessary secondary characters e.g. the mob boss in the second to last episode!?! And what about Min Kyung's brother? His entry was such a lazy and disappointing plot device, not to mention that his part didn't even make sense. Why would the hospital have compared Pal Gang and the chairman's DNA anyway? It would be in no way related to the search for Nami's donor.

I loved the dynamic between PG and KH, though. So fun to watch them bicker and PG be the dominant one.

And, as always, the kids were adorable. Pa Rang and Nami were so cute, even if they didn't age in a year.

You're right about the DNA thing, but honestly if I were you I would not linger on that for a second, because that's probably THE smallest medical error you'll ever see in a K-Drama. Seriously all their medical counselors must have learned medicine by watching Gray's anatomy... Every Kdrama always has someone being hospitalized, usually someone's parent or an elder who collapses every other episode, and I've never ever seen anything even remotely close to being realistic. They always collapse just like that for no reason when they're upset. Nam Yi's illness was bunk too... even in serious dramas that aren't romance or melodrama, they still make these errors. I remember IRIS where the guy gets injected with massive doses of barbiturates in the 2nd episode, and he's sweating like crazy, super excited and his heart rate around 150 bpm or so...When in fact you could knock out a horse with that stuff and he should be in a deep coma or groggy as richard simmons. At least it wasn't as bad as in Loving You a Thousand times where the father suddenly has an idiopathic "acute cirrhosis of the liver" when cirrhosis is by definition a chronic illness....so yeah I know I've made myself long but this little blunder on the writer's part is really NOTHING compared to other Kdramas (or the President's repeated syncopes...)

As for the mob boss...well he's not that random IMO. It was just a slightly awkward way to end that killer storyline with the mother and her henchman.

I mean in general I do agree that some plotlines got tied like a 5 year old's shoelaces get tied but meh...Myself Iwatch Kdrama because I'm a soft-hearted dummy who likes such a story even though some parts are far-fetched. So really, I'm okay with it from the moment I start watching, hence I won't bother with that.

Now I have to go watch some Round Table Plus or some old episodes of X-Man just to see Kim Ji-Hoon in his old hair and hotness lol.

I'm satisfied with how this drama wrapped up and I'm glad that I decided to follow it from day one instead of waiting for it to end like I usually do; the anticipation made the drama seem smarter lol because of all of OUR ridiculous theories :P

Guest blackjackVip

WAAAAAAH!!....

i just finished watching it!!....it was a happy ending indeed! :)

although, i would really love for it to have more episodes....like i want to see what's gonna happen to team Leader and the other girl....and also to Tae Gyu.. i want more of their story as well..

-Also, what happened to the evil mom????

------

P.S Now i know why it's called "Star's falling from the sky" it's like the siblings are the stars...like at the end, a new baby was given to them...and it's like a gift, like a "star"...

hehe..that's just my thought. :)

Guest melane

Well, at first, I watched this drama because of this thread's comments which describe this drama as fun and touching...and now, I can't believe I finished the whole drama expecting each week for the next episodes!^^

I will miss the whole Jin family :P It was a really good drama! FIGHTING!!!

Guest JustPinay

I've been lurking in this thread since day one of this lovely drama series...The last two eps served as a breather from previous dramas that I've watched. The ending was satisfying...predictable yes...but something that would make you smile and glad knowing that everything has been put in their right places. It may not be one of the best, but it's pretty awesome!!! :rolleyes:

Guest epixeltwin

-Also, what happened to the evil mom????

I think it's pretty much implied that she flung herself from the roof of that building. I won't cry too much about it, I would have done the same in her place, and would have expected the same from her had I been any one of her relatives.

Guest freezspirit

Sorry for not writing anything sooner. but I have to agree with some of you the last couple of episodes didn't feel right. To be honest it felt like this should of been a 24 episode series.

On my part, I was totally stunned by the last 2 episodes (especially ep.20); I absolutely loved them. I'm a sucker for happy endings. In fact I consider they are a must-have for such a drama, where there was so much strife and sadness at the beginning because really who would want to watch a story where everyone struggles and cries for like 8 episodes, then are happy for 4-5 more and everyone just dies at the end? If I want to watch a massacre I'll rent Full Metal Jacket...

My feelings precisely...only happy dramas...I will never watch a "Stairway To Heaven" type drama ever again

i was satisfied with the ending even though it was mediocre compare to the first awesome mid episodes that this series had..but yeah im happy that i can to sleep knowing that KH and PG will be together raising kids...can't wait for another drama series for kim ji hoon he is pure hotness..im glad to see him smile in the last 2 episodes because i missed his melting smile from love and marriage (i recommend this one if u haven't watched it--ji hoon is heavenly overload of cuteness here that i was too overwhelmed bit and i love the ending too because the ending made you go awwwwww)

Guest hoatimtim

I dont' know if this mention before... but 1 year later and the baby brother (Nam Yi???) still small for his age lol

Guest MoonBlue

This drama certainly has its flaws but it will hold a special place in my heart.

Before, I would always shy away from any dramas where story centers around kids but here they just totally won me over.

For pix of the after party:

http://www.cyworld.com/loveleeju (Cho Rok's)

http://www.cyworld.com/khw9911 (Baby Nami and his twin bro's)

Choi Jung Won looks so chic in the trench coat! :)

Guest kaedejun

This drama certainly has its flaws but it will hold a special place in my heart.

Before, I would always shy away from any dramas where story centers around kids but here they just totally won me over.

yehay! thank you!!

funny how kim ji hoon and shin dong wook were wearing similar outfits and caps.. and tae gyu's glasses are so big!!

I have no cyworld account! =(

I just finished watching ep 20 & I loved it! =D However, I still have one question. How is KH related to the grandpa? If they're blood related, wouldn't he & PK be blood related as well?

No They are not related I think that in episode 2 or 3 they explained that Grandpa and KH's father were best friends and they founded the company toghether and that is why KH has the mayority of the stocks because they belonged to his father and he inherited them.

also I want to vent a little about how many people have complained about the ending...

Overall I liked the ending that it could have been better, yes, it could have. Most of us were waiting for a great romance between the two KH and PK but this wasn"t a drama about romance it was about family and what it takes to make a family, they show that you don't have to share the same blood to be family it might sound cheesy but it showed that love binds us together, that is why they show so many relationships grandpa and the kids and PK, grandpa and KH, KH and Parang, the two uncles and TG, PK and the two ladies, even PK supervisor behave like an aunt to her. They did it right. From the beginning with the mom adopting all those kids and even hiding the fact that Pal Kangs wasn't the doctor's real daughter and he never told pal kang either. Then the mom and dad die and leave the kids to an irresponsible older sister who had to go from zero to mom in 24 hours they lost everything and she had to learn how to stand on her two feet fast and learn how to survive and keep her family together, even doing extreme things just to feed them. it was in the mids of all of these that she found the love of KH but he had to adjust to her now not the other way around. When she was without any responsiblities she had the luxury to dream with a romantic life with him but now she was the head of the house and she had to behave like that with her head on her shoulders and not like a romantic girl and obviously KH liked that. In her life was the kids first and him later and that is what a mother does. A mom sacrifices even her own life for that of her offsprings. (that is why I love my mom for her sacrifices) I really love the show and I am going to miss it. :lol:

yeah, I am totally agree with u. this drama is a story about what family is. it's nice to watch the interaction&relationship between every character you've mentioned above.

Jae Young and her parents are only side dish for the story so I really don't care what happened to them. :-D

overall I'm very satisfy with the whole story and the ending. thanks to the scriptwriter for bringing us such a good drama.

Archived