Shin Min A 신민아

eilasa

i didnt really find the whole "mae lyuk" or special thing about her.. she looked too plain and young looking.. but her acting is so natural. like she dosnt try. & her image is so fresh & refreshing. i really liked her in "sad movie". she matches w/ lee gi-woo too~

I think that was the reason she got casted for the IJUKSA role.. They wanted someone innocent and plain looking and at the same time can look pretty as well.. Shin Min Ah fits the bill perfectly.. I like her a lot coz I think she's natural and unpretentious.. And she acts real damn good for someone her age..

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fsol123

Review of Punch from Koreanfilm.org...any clubox has this series?

Thanks!

Punch (2003, SBS drama special)

As the title suggests, Punch is a drama about boxing. This drama stars Joo Jin-mo (Musa, Wanee and Junah) and Shin Min-ah (Madeline, Volcano High) as the two main protagonists.

Joo Jin-mo, after a four-year hiatus from drama production, returns to the small screen as charismatic boxer Lee Han-sae. An interesting character, Lee Han-sae is perceived as a playboy by others who do not know him personally. A nightclub king at night (he's the manager of a nightclub) and a college dropout, Lee Han-sae does take his boxing training seriously. In fact, he was so good that he managed to win a boxing title.

This could be said to be where the story picks up. Shin Min-ah plays Jang Yoo-bin, the sister of an inspiring boxer named Jang Yoo-chul who rivals the skill of Lee Han-sae. However, during the final boxing match, where the two are pitted against each other, Lee Han-sae wins the match, with Yoo-chul dying of complications from his injuries. Then, by some twist of fate, Han-sae and Yoo-bin fall in love with each other until one day, she realizes that he was the one responsible for her brother's death.

Although the storyline sounds typical and predictable, I felt that this was one of the best dramas I have seen for a long time. Using boxing as a background could be said to provide a breadth of fresh air, instead of utilising the usual parental disapproval as the main reason why they had so many obstacles in their relationship (think Winter Sonata, Romance).

The characters turned in great performances in this show. Joo Jin-mo was fantastic. It was refreshing to see him back on the small google box after seeing him in so many big movie projects. This regular "oppa" (big brother) role seems to be tailored just for him. Shin Min-ah did a good performance too, considering that she's relatively inexperienced in acting except for a few movie projects under her belt. A natural talent, she could be one of the actresses to look out for in the near future.

Sung Shi-kyung, who is more known for his singing abilities than his acting, also had a supporting role in this show. After watching his performance, one might feel that it would be better if he had just stuck to singing. As this was his first foray into acting, his stiff expressions and emotions were quite a pain to watch. Luckily, at the end, the show was still saved by the excellent chemistry between Joo Jin-mo and Shin Min-ah. (Review by Kit Lim)

I love Punch (Ddae Ryuh), even more than A Love to Kill. Punch wasn't the typical Korean drama and the chemistry between SMA and JJM was excellent. I wish someone would upload Punch onto YSI or MU since there seems to be no links for download for this series. Plus, no DVDs :( !

• 1 month later...

ahh, i absolutely love this girl

so pretty. natural. innocent. gorgeous.

here's a dl link for her latest movie

beauty and the beast 야수와 미녀 [with ryu seung bum]:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oosw8x

if you're looking a sweet, light, romance comedy, this is it!

but this movie has points where it drags o_O!!

there are so many parts that are flat out hilarious ^^!!

i wish shin minah's character had more OOMPH, but.. that's just me :P

enjoy <3

Guest Happy_Day

She is charming and underrated. She's not gorgeous, but there's something about her that makes you notice her right away.

^ It's pretty funny. Because he was on a talk show where he was talking about how him and Bi have worked with the same actresses right after the other. First they would work with Ryu Seung Bum then Bi. i.e. Gong Hyo Jin, Song Hye Gyo, & Shin Min Ah.

I agree that she in underrated. But I think that's only in Soompi. I think she's pretty respected as an actress in Korea. She picks interesting roles.

Guest s3rene

^ She is underrated and not only at soompi. Almost all forums I went to never paid attention to her greatly. It was when she filmed IJUKSA with Bi that people started noticing her and her acting. I just love how adorable and charming she looks, especially those dimples. She seems like a nice and easygoing person to be around.

ahh, i absolutely love this girl

so pretty. natural. innocent. gorgeous.

here's a dl link for her latest movie

beauty and the beast 야수와 미녀 [with ryu seung bum]:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oosw8x

if you're looking a sweet, light, romance comedy,

this movie has points where it drags o_O!! the so many

parts that are flat out hilarious ^^!! i wish shin minah's

character had more OOMPH, but.. that's just me :P

enjoy <3

mika, thank you for the link :wub:

*hugs and kisses*

Guest Happy_Day

^ Shinminah got bashed a lot in IJUKSA. People were saying that she was ugly and stuff. Haha, yeah right. I think they were just jealous because she was paired up with Bi. But she looked better in other dramas than IJUKSA.

Guest s3rene

^ Shinminah got bashed a lot in IJUKSA. People were saying that she was ugly and stuff. Haha, yeah right. I think they were just jealous because she was paired up with Bi. But she looked better in other dramas than IJUKSA.

At other forums, fans were bashing her looks and saying she is nothing compared to SHK even before IJUKSA started filming. They seemed to have a preconceived opinion about actresses who star with Bi besides SHK. It was funny, but they changed their opinions and said SMA looked amazing with Bi after IJUKSA aired. That showed it's best not to judge something before you see it yourself. :lol:

i just watched A Love To Kill...i find it very sad...i can't imagine how hard it is for Bi's character to keep your feelings for the one you love...i also find Lee Ki Woo's character soo sad because no matter how he love SMA, he can't have her for him because she loves another person...

ohhh, this is the saddest Korean love story that i've ever watched...

thanks for the wonderful pics that were posted earlier...love to see her beautiful smile...sooo natural.

Archived