swingbaby

[Congratulatory message for launch]
Actor #KimSooHyun's Congratulatory:
“Congratulations on the 30th anniversary of the launch of Sunday Seoul!”

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎__مم_اری 일요서울의 창간 30주년을 축하드립니다!‎'‎
May be an image of 1 person

Via: DC GALL Kim Soo Hyun Thread

ENG] #KimSoohyun Asia Tour in Taipei greeting message:
“Hello everyone, I am Kim Soohyun. It's been a while since I last greeted you all. I will be coming to Taipei on July 6th for an Asia fan meeting. Since it's been a long time, I'm working hard to prepare. Please look forward to it. See you in Taipei on July 6th!”
Tickets will be sold tomorrow, 6/1 (Saturday) at 13:00.
Vid Credit: KSH DC Gall

https://www.facebook.com/kimsoohyunphils/videos/1346060986062640

Kim Soo Hyun's fan meeting in Taipei, "Eyes on You," Asia Fan Meet 2024, almost sold out within 2 minutes of its sale.

The National Taiwan Sport University Sports Center has a seating capacity of 15k, much bigger than his first Taiwan Asian Fan Meet at TICC on March 22, 2014. "Tidbits: A Must-Read Article for Newbie Kim Soo Hyun Fans."

On March 21, 2014, actor Kim Soo Hyun arrived in Taiwan for his Asia tour, with his arrival being broadcasted live across the country. Thousands of fans gathered at the airport to see him, with one local TV channel broadcasting his arrival. The airport had about one hundred security guards for everyone's safety, and a large number of fans cheered loudly as Kim SooHyun walked out of the gate.

According to Taiwanese media, Mercedes Benz Taiwan provided a limousine for Kim Soo Hyun, and he will stay in a hotel suite that costs over 4,400,000 KRW per night

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/kim-soo-hyun-arrives-in-taiwan-for-a-015930531.html#:~:text=On March 21st%2C actor Kim,broadcasted Kim Soo Hyun's arrival

GO-WEpBasAAld7V?format=jpg&name=small

• Love 1

The 10 Most Searched Male Actors On Korean YouTube In The First Half Of 2024

topactorsytlist-FI.jpg

During the first half of 2024, several male actors in South Korea captured the hearts of audiences and generated massive online buzz. Through their talent and acting skills, these 10 actors became some of the year’s most beloved stars and characters.

1. Kim Soo Hyun

Kim Soo Hyun made a significant impact with his role in the rom-com K-Drama Queen of Tears. He played Baek Hyun Woo, the legal director of Queens Group, showcasing his charm and emotional acting.

baek-hyun-woo-QOT.jpg

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/searched-male-actors-korean-youtube-in-first-half-2024/

• Like 2

On 6/2/2024 at 1:12 PM, Magician said:

It's Officially Sold Out

@Magician  thanks for sharing this. Queen of Tears OST album has also been sold out. It's continuing hot popularity even after it ended. Its initial production volume has been out of stock even before the album’s official release and the production company is currently considering additional production. In addition, they will also release a limited edition LP version of “Queen of Tears” OST in order to repay the enthusiastic support of fans and viewers. The pre-order period for the LP album has started.   :kaching1:

20240603101449814wozs.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240603101445338

• Like 2

[Music in drama] Legendary ballads fan alien romance

20240603050464_0.jpg

“My Love from the Star” was one of the most successful drama series 2013 -- as was its soundtrack.

The series features a magical romance between Do Min-joon (Kim Soo-hyun), an alien pretending to be a human for hundreds of years after accidentally falling on Earth, and Chun Song-yi (Jun Ji-hyun, also known as Gianna Jun), a top actress who is spirited yet lonely.

With its touching romance and well-timed comic scenes, the series garnered die-hard fans beyond Korea, reaching China, Japan, and many other countries. The drama, after its conclusion, was broadcast on the Japanese pay channel DATV, while in China, the Korean foods featured in the show gained huge popularity.

Beside the storyline and the acting, the soundtrack was a key part of the series' charm. Every episode featured songs performed by cherished singers across generations, including tracks sung by the male lead, Kim Soo-hyun, himself.

Sung Si-kyung, whose unforgettable timbre has made him one of Korea's most beloved ballad singers, composed and sang “Every Moment of You” for the soundtrack. With Sung’s soothing voice and heartwarming melody, the song remains popular even to this day.

The lyrics, written by hitmaker Shim Hyun-bo, depict how Do Min-joon fell in love with Chun Song-yi: “And then, the moment I recognized you at a glance / Everything was clearly changing / My world divides into before and after knowing you”

The song continues: “I hope I was present in every moment of yours / Just thinking about it makes my heart swell, I'm filled with you”

Former Sistar member Hyolyn took part in the soundtrack as well. Although she is known for her powerful voice, she showcased a more tender and tearful voice in "Good Bye."

The song begins gently, whistling the melody, gradually building up to a climax. The simple, repetitive melody captures the protagonists' fear of an impending separation against their will: “Love has come, but you say you're leaving, I've been waiting, but now I can't see you anymore.”

"My Love from the Star" features the iconic track "My Destiny" by singer Lyn. Even after the drama ended, the song continued to be performed at award ceremonies and at special year-end stages. Lyn won the best soundtrack award for this song at the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards in 2014, a category that was newly established that year.

Heartfelt declaration of love, delivered with Lyn’s deep voice, portrays the unbreakable bond between the two main characters despite ongoing trials – even transcending species: “You're the one my love, You are / You're my delight of all / You’re my everlasting love.”

The lead actor Kim Soo-hyun sang two songs for the series, "Promise" and "In Front of Your House." Both songs are arranged to focus on Kim's voice.

Especially notable is "Promise," a remake of Lim Byeong-soo's 1984 song. Reinterpreted with acoustic guitar and Kim's gentle voice, the song reflects the situation of the two characters facing separation in episode 19: “On this night when the stars shine unusually bright / It makes me sad that you’re saying you’ll leave after this moment.”

20240603050465_0.jpg
Scenes from the "My Love from the Star," starring Kim Soo-hyun (left) and Jun Ji-hyun (SBS)

credit : Korea Herald

• Like 3

Actor Kim Soo Hyun as the cover of Korean Wave Plus July 2024. Will be released on June 5, 2024. ‘The returning star of the Korean Wave, Kim Soohyun in Queen of Tears.’

GPJivAZaUAAZeY8?format=jpg&name=large

Kim Soohyun updated IG 

GPJE27obEAAMiMs?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 1

Here are this year's top 10 most searched dramas in Korea

1094714391_copy-of-cms-lead-image-4.jpg

1. Queen of Tears

Queen of Tears has captivated audiences with its emotionally charged narrative. Written by Park Ji Eun and co-directed by Jang Young Woo and Kim Hee Won, this series stars Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won as a married couple facing a crisis.

The show depicts the tumultuous journey of Hong Hae In, a third-generation chaebol heiress, and Baek Hyun Woo, the son of farmers who become the legal director of Queens Group. The series has earned impressive ratings, becoming the highest-rated tvN series and the third-highest-rated Korean cable television in history.

(skipped unrelated...)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/queen-of-tears-lovely-runner-more-secure-top-spot-on-most-searched-drama-in-korea-for-2024-list-inside-1313219

*** Polling firm Gallup Korea released the results of its monthly survey for May to know the favorite broadcast video programs (excluding news) in South Korea. For the third consecutive month, “Queen of Tears,”  has been chosen as the No. 1 favorite TV and OTT show. Gallup Korea conducted the survey from May 21-23 among 1,001 respondents aged 18 and above nationwide. “Queen of Tears” getting 3.9 percent. It topped the April survey with 13.1 percent and in March with 4.2 percent. The drama “is still captivating viewers until almost a month after the last broadcast. Very unusual.”   :kaching1:

queen3_dafd25bf65.jpeg

*** Park Sung Hoon treated fans to a delightful surprise yesterday. He shared a photo on social media with the hashtag “#QueenofTears,” featuring the entire cast. The cast reportedly got together to film commentary for the upcoming Blu-ray release of the drama.   :kicks:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7y5MbKPbcu/

optimize

source : https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2024060509190277479

The Mercedes AMG SL 63 4M car driven by Kim Soo-hyun in the drama Queen of Tears has been on display at Mercedes-Benz Goyang showroom since yesterday

The vehicle driven by Baek Hyun-woo's aunt beomja is also on display side by side

GPSYjCBbMAAWEIl?format=jpg&name=900x900

GPSnOmQbAAAnd5E?format=jpg&name=900x900

GPSYjCCaMAArDOO?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

Tickets to the 2024 KIM SOO HYUN ASIA TOUR in MANILA <EYES ON YOU> are officially sold out

GPSCCN8aMAEUxBN?format=jpg&name=medium

Queen of Tears has ranked in Netflix's TOP 10 for 13 weeks, surpassing 600 million cumulative viewing hours

GPRvJJkaUAAuET5?format=jpg&name=medium

GPRvKkDbAAE68QH?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

Good News! 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐒 𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐃!
Gen Admission - Now Available 🎫
Tickets go on-sale June 9 SUN 12PM
2024 KIM SOO HYUN
ASIA TOUR in MANILA <EYES ON YOU>
June 29 SAT 6PM
Araneta Coliseum
Book this Sunday!
TicketNet.com.ph and TicketNet outlets

13 hours ago, Magician said:

[05.31] Kim Soohyun at ‘Wonderland’ VIP Premiere

@Magician  thanks for sharing this. So NICE to see that the cast members from (2) dramas "The Moon Embraces the Sun" and "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" were there together. What a fun blast from the past and they're totally friends with each other. Actually, a lot of stars were there but, some didn't take official press photos. It was very star-studded. It's NICE to see everyone in one frame. I heard that Tang Wei was the one who invited Kim Soo Hyun.   :heart2: