❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

15 hours ago, Magician said:

Congratulations to the team of Queen of Tears!

GOkU5cOaAAEPSGx?format=jpg&name=large

@Magician  I'm not surprised with the show’s explosive popularity. No 16-episode-long K-Drama had ever topped the popular Gallup Korea‘s “Favorite Broadcasting Video Program” poll for three months in a row before. That is until Queen Of Tears came along. Since January 2013, Gallup Korea has been conducting a monthly survey to identify Koreans’ “Favorite TV Programs.” Gallup’s survey serves as an “emotional preference” indicator for Koreans, transcending viewing time slots, spaces, channels, and media. This month's survey results of “Koreans’ Favorite Broadcasting Programs,” Queen of Tears ranked first with a 3.9% preference rate. It had also secured the top spot in the March and April surveys. This achievement makes Queen of Tears the first 16-episode K-Drama to set the unprecedented record of being number one for three consecutive months. Actually, Queen of Tears’ reached the number one spot just two weeks after it began airing in March.   :Ohboy3:

queenoftears_newrecordborken-FI.jpg

• Like 1

Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won’s ‘Queen of Tears’ Tops Favorite Shows List for Three Months Straight

x0WGLEUNGjH3bKH-0U0luInQEnE9QWJFSezNrO7p

The drama Queen of Tears, starring Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won, continues to captivate audiences even after its finale.

On May 27th, Gallup Korea announced the rankings for this month’s most-loved TV programs among Koreans. From May 21st to 23rd, 1,001 Koreans aged 18 and over were asked to name up to two of their current favorite shows. Topping the list was tvN’s Queen of Tears.

First airing in March and concluding on April 28th, the 16-episode series has now held the number one spot for three consecutive months—a first in the rankings. In April, Queen of Tears achieved a preference rating of 13.1%, one of only 11 dramas to surpass the 10% mark since Gallup Korea began the survey in January 2013.

Queen of Tears concluded with a peak rating of 24.9% nationwide, according to Nielsen Korea, setting a record as the highest-rated drama in tvN’s history. The show also maintained the top spot in drama buzz for eight consecutive weeks, set records for TVING’s viewing time and daily user count, and achieved the highest viewership among simultaneously aired Netflix dramas.

Following in second place was KBS2’s Beauty and Mr. Romantic, which climbed from eighth place in April. MBC’s I Live Alone secured third place, while tvN’s Lovely Runner landed fourth, particularly popular among women aged 18 to 29.

Other shows making the top ten included KBS1’s Suji & Uri, tvN’s You Quiz on the Block, SBS’s Running Man, MBC’s Cheif Detective 1958, JTBC’s A Clean Sweep, and SBS’s My Little Old Boy.

source : https://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=15499525

• Like 2

21 hours ago, willenette said:

I'm not surprised with the show’s explosive popularity. No 16-episode-long K-Drama had ever topped the popular Gallup Korea‘s “Favorite Broadcasting Video Program” poll for three months in a row before. That is until Queen Of Tears came along.

It feels like YWCFTS era. But still YWCFTS had bigger effect than QOT

I remember many people talked about that drama and  DO manager :)

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

GREAT NEWS

Actor Kim Soohyun and the drama Queen Of Tears have been nominated at the Seoul Drama Awards 2024

Kim httSoohyun is nominated in both the international competition and K-drama categories. The Seoul Drama Awards will take place from September 25 (Wednesday) to September 27 (Friday), with support from the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, Seoul City, KBS, MBC, SBS, EBS, and CBS.The awards ceremony will be broadcast live on SBS TV on September 25 (Wednesday). From September 26 (Thursday) to September 27 (Friday), various events, such as drama talk concerts and drama experience zones, will be held at Banpo Hangang Park in Seoul, featuring directors and actors from popular dramas.

https://m.joynews24.com/v/1724610

GOts9BUaAAAiykr?format=jpg&name=large

GOtQMCIagAAs7hi?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3

Here are some of the Best High Teen Dramas to Watch!

8. “Dream High”: Aspiring to become pop stars, students at Kirin High School of Art face the trials and triumphs of honing their talents in pursuit of stardom. The series showcases the passion and perseverance required to succeed in the entertainment industry.

source https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/05/if-you-love-lovely-runner-here-are-some-of-the-best-high-teen-dramas-to-watch

• Like 2

Actor Kim Soohyun boasted of his dandy style.

Swiss watch brand MIDO released a pictorial of ambassador Kim Soohyun on the 29th. In the pictorial, Kim Soohyun displayed a more sophisticated charm by matching Mido's main collection with a light blue suit reminiscent of the sea and a formal look with a clean ivory knit and beige pants. Kim Soohyun showed off her dandy and active charm by adding accents to her neat ivory knit and black shirt with accessories.

Meanwhile, she and Kim Soohyun appeared in the tvN drama 'Queen of Tears', which recently ended. He is currently considering the drama ‘Knock Off’ as his next work.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/108/0003238724

GOtdGJBa0AA5chK?format=jpg&name=small

GOtdGKOaUAAZokE?format=jpg&name=small

GOtdGLhaAAAcgED?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1

‘Knock-Off’ already confirmed for Season 2

Kim Soohyun's next project, 'Knock-Off', will be released as a series. According to a report from SPOTV News on the 29th, ‘Knock-Off’ is being prepared as a seasonal series.

‘Knock-Off’ tells the story of an ordinary man named Kim Sungjoon (played by Kim Soohyun) who, during the financial crisis, enters the fake goods business and becomes the ‘king of knock-offs’ worldwide.

This project is gaining attention as it is Kim Soohyun's next work after setting a record for the highest viewership on tvN with Queen of Tears. Notably, ‘Knock-Off’ has been confirmed as a seasonal series from the beginning. They are preparing to produce 18 episodes in total, with 9 episodes each for Season 1 and Season 2, raising expectations for a high-quality production. The broadcast schedule and release date are still undecided.

https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=681643

GOurqIZaUAAoWHo?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

Actress Jang Yoonju mentioned actor Kim Soo Hyun and Queen Of Tears on her recent vlog

Q: Can you tell us a bit about Queen of Tears?

JYJ: Well, you know.

Q: It's been such a huge hit!

JYJ: Yes, it's been amazing. It's almost hard to believe how much people love it. We even had a wrap-up party before the final episode aired. Journalists are one thing, but the fans... They came from all over the world. It was the first time I’m experiencing something like that.

Q: Did it feel a bit like Hollywood?

JYJ: (Chuckles) I wouldn't know since I've never been to Hollywood. So many people came. The drama did so well that it felt like a big celebration. Everyone was only saying good things.

Q: Ah, yes, I can imagine!

JYJ: Hyunwoo, Baek Hyunwoo, Kim Soohyun who played as my younger brother, it turns out we worked together as clothing ad models for a year back in 2010. Now, 15 years later, I ended up playing his sister. That's quite amazing. It made me feel more comfortable, I guess? And actress Kim Jiwon is very nice and quiet. But our Yongduri family... My father, senior actor Jeon Baesoo, my mother, senior actress Hwang Younghee, and Kim Dohyun oppa, the four of us met up and socialized even before filming started. So, when we were together, it really felt like a family. I think that showed in the drama.

We posted a reel of our wrap-up party, and oh my, it got over 10 million views

GOueYnNboAAAcpw?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 4:02 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

Upcoming drama KnockOff reportedly has been confirmed to be released with seasonal format. 2 seasons are confirmed with 9 eps each. Helmed by Stranger2 director & SongOfTheBandits writer, KimSoohyun is in talks to lead

Since it says, Kim Soo Hyun is still in Talks, So, we are still waiting for confirmation news here from agency?

*** June is shaping up to be a packed month for K-pop and K-drama enthusiasts as a slew of stars are set to visit Manila for their concerts and fan meetings. Kim Soo-hyun caps off the month of events, enchanting fans with his "Eyes on You" fan meet at the Araneta Coliseum on June 29.   :kaching3:

On 5/29/2024 at 10:57 PM, Magician said:

Actress Jang Yoonju mentioned actor Kim Soo Hyun and Queen Of Tears on her recent vlog

Q: Can you tell us a bit about Queen of Tears?

JYJ: Well, you know.

Q: It's been such a huge hit!

JYJ: Yes, it's been amazing. It's almost hard to believe how much people love it. We even had a wrap-up party before the final episode aired. Journalists are one thing, but the fans... They came from all over the world. It was the first time I’m experiencing something like that.

Q: Did it feel a bit like Hollywood?

JYJ: (Chuckles) I wouldn't know since I've never been to Hollywood. So many people came. The drama did so well that it felt like a big celebration. Everyone was only saying good things.

Q: Ah, yes, I can imagine!

JYJ: Hyunwoo, Baek Hyunwoo, Kim Soohyun who played as my younger brother, it turns out we worked together as clothing ad models for a year back in 2010. Now, 15 years later, I ended up playing his sister. That's quite amazing. It made me feel more comfortable, I guess? And actress Kim Jiwon is very nice and quiet. But our Yongduri family... My father, senior actor Jeon Baesoo, my mother, senior actress Hwang Younghee, and Kim Dohyun oppa, the four of us met up and socialized even before filming started. So, when we were together, it really felt like a family. I think that showed in the drama.

We posted a reel of our wrap-up party, and oh my, it got over 10 million views

@Magician  thanks for sharing this. On the May 29 broadcast of tvN's talk show 'You Quiz on the Block', Jang Yoon Ju also guested and recounted a story involving Kim Soo Hyun from 15 years ago. This was before his rise to stardom. "I heard that during a fashion brand photoshoot with Kim Soo Hyun in the past, you told him that he'll become a star since he worked with you.", Yu Jae Seok, the host, mentioned on the show, leaving Jang Yoon Ju laughing uncontrollably. She then explained, "It's just that I've been modeling for a long time and have done countless photoshoots. Once, I worked with actor Kang Dong Won when he was a model. I also did one with actor Jo In Sung, although I'm not sure if he'd remember. And RAIN had his first photoshoot with me during his early career. I wasn't so impressed when I first heard Kim Soo Hyun would be the male model since I didn't know him. But when we started shooting, he showed remarkable energy. He was humble, just like he is now. So I told Kim Soo Hyun, very casually, 'You know what? They rise to fame after a photoshoot with me. You'll become a star!'. His response was, 'Wow, is that so?'." We ran into each other at an awards ceremony, less than two years after the photoshoot. I greeted Kim Soo Hyun and said, 'Hi, remember how I told you before that you'll become a star?'. And he actually remembered. He said, 'Noona, thank you so much.'." Now, after 15 years, we reunited and had the chance to portray a family in a drama. It was wonderful."   :kaching1:

201938953_700.webp

source : SBS Star

• Like 1

Korean Dramas About The K-Pop Industry And Being A K-Pop Fan

Shout out to all the fandoms!

Over the years, K-dramas have ~slowly~ introduced us to the world of Hallyu and why fans love everything about it. While most of these series highlight an idol and non-celebrity romance, it's delightful to see Korean shows that feature the *special relationship* between celebrities and their dedicated supporters.

9. The Producers

Who's in it: Cha Tae Hyun, Gong Hyo Jin, Kim Soo Hyun, IU

Ever wanted a glimpse into the world of the broadcasting industry? Childhood besties turned KBS PDs (producers) Ra Joon Mo and Tak Ye Jin are suddenly joined by rookie employee Baek Seung Chan, who switched industries to get close to his secret crush. But will these budding romances survive the workplace?

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/kloka/korean-drama/k-dramas-about-being-a-k-pop-fan-a5059-20230307?ref=home_feed_1

On 5/29/2024 at 11:45 AM, Magician said:

GREAT NEWS

Actor Kim Soohyun and the drama Queen Of Tears have been nominated at the Seoul Drama Awards 2024

Kim httSoohyun is nominated in both the international competition and K-drama categories. The Seoul Drama Awards will take place from September 25 (Wednesday) to September 27 (Friday), with support from the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, Seoul City, KBS, MBC, SBS, EBS, and CBS.The awards ceremony will be broadcast live on SBS TV on September 25 (Wednesday). From September 26 (Thursday) to September 27 (Friday), various events, such as drama talk concerts and drama experience zones, will be held at Banpo Hangang Park in Seoul, featuring directors and actors from popular dramas.

https://m.joynews24.com/v/1724610

@Magician  thanks for sharing this. A total of 346 dramas from 48 countries including OTT platforms such as Netflix, Disney+ & others will be competing  at the Seoul International Drama Awards 2024. Good luck Kim Soo Hyun and the Queen of Tears team!   :heart4:

• Like 2

On 5/29/2024 at 4:42 PM, Magician said:

‘Knock-Off’ already confirmed for Season 2

Kim Soohyun's next project, 'Knock-Off', will be released as a series. According to a report from SPOTV News on the 29th, ‘Knock-Off’ is being prepared as a seasonal series.

‘Knock-Off’ tells the story of an ordinary man named Kim Sungjoon (played by Kim Soohyun) who, during the financial crisis, enters the fake goods business and becomes the ‘king of knock-offs’ worldwide.

This project is gaining attention as it is Kim Soohyun's next work after setting a record for the highest viewership on tvN with Queen of Tears. Notably, ‘Knock-Off’ has been confirmed as a seasonal series from the beginning. They are preparing to produce 18 episodes in total, with 9 episodes each for Season 1 and Season 2, raising expectations for a high-quality production. The broadcast schedule and release date are still undecided.

https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=681643

@Magician  thanks for sharing this. I trust in Kim Soo Hyun. He gets all the scripts to begin with, and picks what he thinks he wants to do either from a mass appeal or personal challenge perspective. Either way he just gets how to map out his career and it's been such a treat watching him evolve over many years. His next drama has been confirmed and he's doing this. I'm just curious why the drama will be split into 2-seasons. But, it should be clear when the drama airs. Well, The Glory did it and paid off, anyway. At this point, I'm just glad that he's doing a project right away and not go on hiatus again for many years. At least, he can stop cycling and hiking in the meantime, as what he previously did while being idle.  :Megalol:   Being hiatus for 3-years is bad for his fans. Now, this drama will be on Disney +. Their way of promoting series is still not as great as Netflix, though. But, him choosing a platform project seems like a perfect follow-up. No need of pressure to keep up the momentum of Queen of Tears rating hype. That's a good sign.   :poledance: