❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

Guest iamaryn

I think it's because Soo Hyun has a warm and bright personality and he always smiles so it's difficult to see him as a bad guy.

Still I didn't picture Nam Goong Min pulling off a psycho role before TGWSS so I believe Soo Hyun can pull off one too...or rather his eyes will since he has such expressive ones. 

I thought the Soompiers in this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama and that talks about (and swoons over!) Kim Soo Hyun and "Producers" in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or listen/download via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-12/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

• Like 3

I think it's because Soo Hyun has a warm and bright personality and he always smiles so it's difficult to see him as a bad guy.

Still I didn't picture Nam Goong Min pulling off a psycho role before TGWSS so I believe Soo Hyun can pull off one too...or rather his eyes will since he has such expressive ones. 

They've only seen him in good guy roles (and probably want him to stay in those type of roles) so can't picture him in  a villain role but that's only going to motivate him more. He'll show them that he is more than capable of taking on this challenge.

Damn, REAL movie makes me so excited.  :D   Too bad we have to wait a year for it to be released.  We should start hearing about the rest of the cast in the upcoming weeks. I'm curious if the reporter role will be male or female.

I like that he really wanted to act as a villain in a movie and didn't mind if it was only a supporting role. Good thing for us though, he got a leading role. It's his last project before the army so he's going to give it his all. :wub:

• Like 7

Is being a good looking yet silly 'bingu' the newest trend?
June 17, 2015 (excerpt)

11426676_484001658416120_490544974412277

It seems the public tends to like celebrities who have two different sides to them. For example, there's the 'bagel-girl' and 'bagel-man' ideal, with the cute face yet sexy body. And now attractive and good looking celebrities with a surprisingly 'bingu' side to them are growing in popularity too!

The Korean slang 'bingu' refers to someone who is goofy, silly and derpy. But to clarify, it seems like people are interested in celebrities who don't seem like they would be 'bingu', who are attractive and cool on stage, but actually have a goofy personality.

There's also actor popular flower-boy actor Kim Soo Hyun, who has been taking on a 'bingu' character in the popular drama 'Producer'. It's a complete change from his chic character in 'You Who Came From the Stars', where he received a ton of love. It seemed like taking on this role would be a risk in his image, but he has been continuing to receive more love from the public than ever before!

A producer from a broadcast station said, "The trend right now is that viewers want to see natural and intimate sides of celebrities. With the 'bingu' character, the public feels like they are closer with the stars. There's an attractive charm in seeing celebrities who have been mysterious and closed to the public show their surprising sides."

The producer added, "When females see a good looking guy with a blind spot, they seem to want to take care of the guy. The 'bingu' character seems to stimulate the motherly affection in female fans."

Do you like the 'bingu' character in celebrities?

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/is-being-a-good-looking-yet-silly-bingu-the-newest-trend

• Like 7

[POLL] My Love from the Star or The Girl Who Sees Smells ? - HanCinema Question of the Day QOTD

Which series had the better villain? Was it Sin Seong-rok's Lee Jae-kyeong in 'My Love from the Star' or Nam Goong-min's Kwon Jae-hee in 'The Girl Who Sees Smells'?

posterphoto382439.jpg or posterphoto579566.jpg

To vote: >> http://www.hancinema.net/question_of_the_day.php?idday=117

• Like 3

Is being a good looking yet silly 'bingu' the newest trend?
June 17, 2015 (excerpt)

It seems the public tends to like celebrities who have two different sides to them. For example, there's the 'bagel-girl' and 'bagel-man' ideal, with the cute face yet sexy body. And now attractive and good looking celebrities with a surprisingly 'bingu' side to them are growing in popularity too!

The Korean slang 'bingu' refers to someone who is goofy, silly and derpy. But to clarify, it seems like people are interested in celebrities who don't seem like they would be 'bingu', who are attractive and cool on stage, but actually have a goofy personality.

There's also actor popular flower-boy actor Kim Soo Hyun, who has been taking on a 'bingu' character in the popular drama 'Producer'. It's a complete change from his chic character in 'You Who Came From the Stars', where he received a ton of love. It seemed like taking on this role would be a risk in his image, but he has been continuing to receive more love from the public than ever before!

A producer from a broadcast station said, "The trend right now is that viewers want to see natural and intimate sides of celebrities. With the 'bingu' character, the public feels like they are closer with the stars. There's an attractive charm in seeing celebrities who have been mysterious and closed to the public show their surprising sides."

The producer added, "When females see a good looking guy with a blind spot, they seem to want to take care of the guy. The 'bingu' character seems to stimulate the motherly affection in female fans."

Do you like the 'bingu' character in celebrities?

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/is-being-a-good-looking-yet-silly-bingu-the-newest-trend

Hi, thanks for sharing this. KSH is such a cute dork sometimes...........but, he's always attractive for me. I will forever adore him. At least, he's one of them who are setting trends. :P

• Like 5

Kim Soo Hyun Hopes for a Villainous Role in the Future

On the recent episode of “Night of TV Entertainment,” which aired on June 17, it was revealed that Kim Soo Hyun has a great desire to play an antagonistic role.

The show goes on to list all the stars who are known for playing antagonists, and one affiliate of the entertainment industry picks Kim Soo Hyun as one of the stars who really wants to play an antagonist.

A representative of the casting team CJ E&M says, “At the beginning of this year, Kim Soo Hyun’s manager came to us and said that Kim Soo Hyun wants a villain role. He asked us to suggest any roles available, even if it’s a small one.” However, Kim Soo Hyun ranked second place on a poll as the star who does not fit the role of an antagonist.

night of tv entertainment

On the other hand, a star who is known for his villain roles is Park Sung Woong, who is apparently stressed about his scary image. The affiliate tells, “His image as a villain is very strong now, so much so that anything he says sounds scary. He even promised to stop playing villains now.”

night of tv entertainment2

Do you guys think Kim Soo Hyun would be a good villain?

OF COURSE .. cant wait for his upcoming movie REAL :D

The video

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1602116160051437&id=100007592057179&ref=bookmark

• Like 5

Elle drools over Kim Soo-hyun

Kim Soo-hyun in the 2012 action film "The Thieves" (Elle Korea)

Elle Korea fashion magazine lavished praise on Korean actor Kim Soo-hyun, who is currently starring in the hit TV drama “The Producers,” in its online June edition.

“Kim Soo-hyun’s voice sounds as soft and warm as a cappuccino, and he’s also a good singer,” said the magazine, referring to TV drama soundtrack songs he has featured on in the past. “When he sings and looks into the camera, we wonder whether there is any girl who will not fall in love with him -- it’s like he‘s singing only to you.”

The fashion magazine also praised Kim’s “small face proportions” and desirable figure -- the star weighs 65 kilograms and stands 180 centimeters tall, according to the magazine.

Kim Soo-hyun in the 2012 film "Secretly, Greatly" (Elle Korea)

“He has broken the prejudice that good-looking men are either bulky, have bad personalities or ‘rough’ figures -- or at least don’t look handsome smiling,” said Elle.

The article, released Wednesday, further praised the star as a “gentle but reliable oppa (older brother)” figure. Elle Korea also said the star was a charismatic actor and could render any of his characters likable.

Kim has starred in hit TV dramas including “Moon Embracing the Sun” and “My Love from the Star” and currently stars in the “The Producers.” The actor, 27, also starred in the films “The Thieves” and “Secretly, Greatly.”

(Elle Korea)
(Elle Korea)

By Yoon Sarah (sarah356@heraldcorp.com)

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 6

“Producer” Love Line Ending to Be Kept Under Tight Secrecy

“Producer” Love Line Ending to Be Kept Under Tight Secrecy

As “Producer” nears the end of its run, the drama’s production crew stated, “The script for the last episode came out [on June 17]. We are wrapping up the filming now,” and added that the ending is “kept secret.”

“Producer” will end on June 20, and the anticipation for the final episode is rising, as the love line involving Joon Mo (Cha Tae Hyun), Seung Chan (Kim Soo Hyun), Ye Jin (Gong Hyo Jin), and Cindy (IU) is quite unpredictable.

Meanwhile, a behind-the-scenes special will air on June 26, a week after “Producer” ends. An affiliate of the drama stated, “The audience will be able see different sides of Kim Soo Hyun, IU, Cha Tae Hyun, and Gong Hyo Jin that weren’t shown in the drama.”

Credit: soompi

'Producer' is liveshooting?

Thursday, June 18, 2015 2 comments
oo99.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Naver: 'Producer' reps "Script for finale is in the process of completion... Currently filming for Episode 11"

1. [+5,804, -103]  The finale is on Saturday, how come the script is still not finished?.. This is just giving stress to the cast

2. [+4,574, -188] Ah~ Is this really the same writer who wrote YWCFTS? I'm disappointed. Grandma writer Kim Soo Hyun and Noh Hee Kyung complete their scripts in the early stages of their dramas.. The actors are probably stressed out right now..

3. [+576, -43] This isn't the writer Park Ji Eun I know.. How disappointing

4. [+457, -33] Must be hard for the cast. They're gonna stay out all night filming. Hwaiting. Cheer up

5. [+357, -31] Is it possible to film everything in 2 days?? The actors are gonna work their butts off.. Just have an extension

6. [+336, -25] It will be a live broadcast ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Nate

7. [+176, -41] They have big names like Kim Soo Hyun and Gong Hyo Jin as leads, tons of cameos at KBS and excessive media play but an overall disappointment considering the yet-to-be completed script with the finale creeping up

8. [+124, -8] So, it's a live broadcast after all

9. [+115, -43] How makjang!

10. [+18, -3] Twist: Ra Joon Mo♡ Baek Seung Chan

11. [+12, -4] Right now, they're probably monitoring which couple the majority of netizens ship. Poor quality compared to 'Misaeng'

source: kkuljaem

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 4

Speculations rise over ‘The Producers’ season 2

Speculations that the hit KBS drama “The Producers” could return for a second season is rising.

The drama has two episodes left until its conclusion, but its success so far is feeding such speculations.

The drama, written by Park Ji-eun who also penned the hugely successful “My Love from the Star,” has been well received both here and abroad.

The rights for the drama has been sold in China, Japan and the U.S., and it drew much attention from Asian media even before it was aired.

Such speculation has also been fueled by comments from the main cast.

Kim Soo-hyun, Cha Tae-hyun and other cast members have said that they will appear in the second season should it be written by Park, and if their schedules allow.

In addition, there is said to be demand for “The Producers” to be produced in seasons from the viewers.

However, the makers of the drama say that nothing has been decided and that it is too early to speculate about the drama coming back for another season.

By Choi Hee-suk (cheesuk@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

On the recent episode of “Night of TV Entertainment,” which aired on June 17, it was revealed that Kim Soo Hyun has a great desire to play an antagonistic role.

The show goes on to list all the stars who are known for playing antagonists, and one affiliate of the entertainment industry picks Kim Soo Hyun as one of the stars who really wants to play an antagonist.

A representative of the casting team CJ E&M says, “At the beginning of this year, Kim Soo Hyun’s manager came to us and said that Kim Soo Hyun wants a villain role. He asked us to suggest any roles available, even if it’s a small one.” However, Kim Soo Hyun ranked second place on a poll as the star who does not fit the role of an antagonist.

On the other hand, a star who is known for his villain roles is Park Sung Woong, who is apparently stressed about his scary image. The affiliate tells, “His image as a villain is very strong now, so much so that anything he says sounds scary. He even promised to stop playing villains now.”

Do you guys think Kim Soo Hyun would be a good villain?

OF COURSE .. cant wait for his upcoming movie REAL :D

Hi Dania, thanks for sharing this. Ahhh.......I’m excited for this in case his dream role will come true in the future. a different character of him is enough to keep me on board. So, fingers crossed that this will happen in the future. I’m happy that KSH has been able to do so many different projects/works with most of the plots of his work always were good! The reason why he always comes out fresh. :P

• Like 3